Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Miranda Lawson, Cerberus Officer

Passive Ability:Increase Squad's weapon damage and health.

Weapons training: Pistols , SMG

Active Abilities:
Overload: Tech Power. Damages Shield.
Warp: Biotic Power. Stops health regeneration and deal double damage vs armor and biotic barriers. Additional damage vs enemy that is under the effect of pull / singularity.

Loyalty Unlock Power:
Slam: Biotic Power. Combines lift and slamming target onto the ground, dealing massive damage.

Rating A+

ME2-202.jpg

miranda10.jpg
: No doubt you've got a lot of questions. So, what would you like to know?

shepard4.jpg
: Tell me about yourself, Miranda.

miranda10.jpg
: Well, you should probably know that I've had extensive genetic modification. Not my decision, but I make the most of it. It's one of the reasons the Illusive Man handpicked me. I'm very good at just about anything I choose to do.

shepard4.jpg
: What sort of genetic mods. are we talking about?

miranda10.jpg
: It's very thorough. Physically, I am superior in many ways. I heal quickly and I'll likely live half again as long as the average human. My biotic abilities are also very advanced... for a human. Add to that some of the best training and education money can buy and, well it's pretty impressive, really.

ME2-203.jpg

'OK I wanna fuck you' expression.

miranda10.jpg
: Maybe, but I'm not. I'm still human, Shepard. I make mistakes like everyone else. And when I do the consequences are severe. Everyone expects a lot from someone with my abilities.

shepard4.jpg
: You certainly don't lack for confidence.

miranda10.jpg
: It's just a fact. My reflexes, strength, my looks - they're all designed to give me an edge. No point in hiding from it.

Then why are you wearing clothes?

miranda10.jpg
: It's the reason why I'm trusted to oversee the most dangerous, risky and technically demanding operations Cerberus undertakes. And it's why I was assigned to you. It's my job to make you succeed, Shepard.

shepard4.jpg
: Thanks for the info, Miranda. I'll talk to you later.

RK47

Patron
Jacob Taylor, Cerberus Operative

Passive Ability: Increase own health and weapon damage.

Weapons training: Pistols, Shotgun

Active Abilities:
Pull: Biotic Power. Raises enemy, suspend them in mid air, slowly floating towards the user.
Incendiary Ammo: Ammo upgrade. Adds 10% burning damage per rank. Burn effect will panic most biological enemies.

Loyalty Unlock Power:
Barrier: Biotic ability. Creates a third layer of protection on top of shield for 60 seconds. Its durability is 125% of maximum shield. Each rank increases it by 25% and extends its duration as well.

Rating: B

ME2-204.jpg

jacob10.jpg
: I want to say that working with you is a great opportunity to do something that matters. It's a privilege to serve on the Normandy, Commander.

shepard4.jpg
: You may change your tune if we end up like the original Normandy.

jacob10.jpg
: Maybe. As long as the Illusive Man walks his talk, and you do the same, I'll do my best to make sure we succeed. That's been the condition for my service so far. I have issues with certain actions Cerberus has taken in the past.

shepard4.jpg
: What has Cerberus done to make you nervous?

jacob10.jpg
: A lot. They've been called terrorists and with good reason. Doubt you can find a more checkered past.

True. These guys DID kill Admiral Kahoku and his crew just to gather combat data on sand worms with fake distress beacons.

ME2-205.jpg

See? Jacob Taylor is pretty much the most normal party member of Mass Effect 2. Don't believe me? Keep reading the LP then. Anyway the hope of getting 'credibility boost' from exterminating an 'ignored major threat' to the Galaxy is pretty slim, at least it's a noble goal.

jacob10.jpg
: Or we'll all be tried and executed. Can't count on people thinking about it as hard as I have.

shepard4.jpg
: It's good to hear a clear opinion. Sounds like we're two of a kind.

ME2-206.jpg

RK47

Patron
Rest of Normandy Crew

ME2-207.jpg

Sigh.

joker4.jpg
: And leather seats! Military may set the hardware standard, but on first-gen frigate they could care less if the seats breathe. Civilian sector comfort by design.

EDI.jpg
: The reproduction is not intended to be perfect Mr. Moreau. Seamless improvements were made.

joker4.jpg
: And there's the downside. I like the Normandy when she was beautiful and quiet. Now she's got this thing I don't want to talk about. It's like ship cancer.

shepard4.jpg
: I don't trust them. We still need to move ahead, but it's all too convenient.

joker4.jpg
: Maybe you're right. I guess it's hard to argue when they install an AI to spy on us. We're still staying, though, right? I mean, this seat is real leather.

shepard4.jpg
: Good to see you're keeping it all in perspective, Joker.

ME2-208.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: Where are you located?

edi.jpg
: My core intelligence is located in a quantum bluebox located behind the medical bay.

shepard4.jpg
: How did Cerberus replicate the most advanced warship in the Alliance Navy without anyone knowing?

edi.jpg
: I have a block that prevents me from answering that question.

Most questions are locked, so EDI isn't really a good source of info.

ME2-209.jpg

Oh. Another familiar face. Dr. Chakwas was in charge of the med-bay in the previous Normandy. Guess she survived the destruction as well.

shepard4.jpg
: Nice to see a familiar face, Doc.

chakwas.jpg
: I feel the same. I wish more of the original crew could be here. The kind of trauma you endured would've changed most people, but not you I see. Welcome back, Shepard.

shepard4.jpg
: Do you have everything you need?

chakwas.jpg
: I believe so. This medical bay is very much like the sick bay of the original Normandy. Only thing missing are my private reserves. I even had a bottle of Serrice Ice Brandy that I was saving for a special occasion.

shepard4.jpg
: I'll keep an eye out for a replacement bottle.

chakwas.jpg
: Oh you needn't. It's expensive and we have much larger concerns ahead.

Lastly, my admin assistant. (I know, seriously wtf)

ME2-210.jpg

kelly.jpg
: I'll manage your messages and help monitor your crew. And I must say, it's an honor to work under you, Commander Shepard.

shepard4.jpg
: Glad to have you on the team, Ms. Chambers.

kelly.jpg
: Please, call me Kelly.

shepard4.jpg
: Okay, Kelly. Is there anything I should know?

kelly.jpg
: I have a degree in psychology. I'm good at sensing when people are overly taxed.

(It seems Carth is in the mood to bitch about, perhaps you should speak to him)

shepard4.jpg
: You make sure the crew's mental health is sound?

kelly.jpg
: Yes. I look for warning signs. I listen. It's not a full-time job and it's most effective when done informally.

shepard4.jpg
: I don't need you analyzing me, Yeoman.

kelly.jpg
: Yes, sir!

Time to open the galactic map.

ME2-211.jpg

Wtf. A fuel gauge and planetary probe count? I got a bad feeling about this... but let's head straight to Omega.

ME2-212.jpg

RK47

Patron
The Unfuckwithables

Warning EXTREME encounters incoming!

ME2-213.jpg

fargut.jpg
: Oh. Hello, Moklan! I was just-

ME2-214.jpg

fargut.jpg
: Of course, Moklan! Whatever she wants!

moklan.jpg
: Blasted scavengers. Welcome to Omega...Shepard.

This is a baatarian. A six-eyed race of slavers operating in the Terminus Systems. They lost a war to the humans when the Council races refused to aid them. Shepard in Mass Effect was responsible for wiping them out in Torfan, albeit suffering heavy, necessary casualties which earned him the reputation of being a ruthless commander.

shepard4.jpg
: You know who I am?

moklan.jpg
: Of course. We had you tagged the moment you entered the Terminus Systems. You're not as subtle as you think.

Err...2 years of KIA and a stealth next gen ship not subtle enough? Hello? Writers?!

moklan.jpg
: Aria wants to know what brings a dead Spectre to Omega. I suggest you go to Afterlife now and present yourself.

ME2-215.jpg

Grrrrrr.

moklan.jpg
: Then you'd better get ready. No one keeps Aria waiting. Afterlife. Now.

edi.jpg
: I'm receiving quarantine warnings about the slums where Dr. Mordin Solus runs the clinic. Anticipate resistance at the transport station.

ME2-216.jpg

OK. Fine, let's see this Aria bitch first.

ME2-217.jpg

The Afterlife Club isn't hard to find. The bouncer let us in. But a couple of baatarian patron eyed us. Smells like trouble.

ME2-218.jpg

ME2-219.jpg

:twisted:

ME2-220.jpg

ME2-221.jpg

Faster than any of the baatarians, Shep grabbed the first collar after 2 years of rigor mortis with the rest of his squad raising their sidearm at the startled thugs.

ME2-222.jpg

thug.jpg
: All right, all right. I... I've got stuff to do anyway.

ME2-223.jpg

ME2-224.jpg

Gun wave diplomacy at work.

ME2-225.jpg

After that little action, Shep could use a drink.

ME2-226.jpg

ME2-227.jpg

ME2-228.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Time to meet Aria.

ME2-229.jpg

ME2-230.jpg

The fuck?

ME2-231.jpg

Uh oh.

ME2-232.jpg

ME2-233.jpg

ME2-234.jpg

ME2-235.jpg

aria.jpg
: But it's not an option. You want to talk, you get scanned.

shepard4.jpg
: If you're looking for weapons, you're not doing a very good job.

aria.jpg
: Can't be too careful with a dead Spectre. That could be anyone wearing your face.

shepard4.jpg
: I was told you're the person to talk to if I have questions.

aria.jpg
: Depends on the questions.

shepard4.jpg
: You run Omega?

ME2-236.jpg

Personal opinion: Finally Bioware succeeded in making a hot asari. This is a well-acted character. Too bad she's unfuckwithable nor a potential party member.

ME2-237.jpg

aria.jpg
: But you need more. Everyone needs something. And they all come up to me.

ME2-238.jpg

ME2-239.jpg

Told you so.

ME2-240.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: Sounds like neither of us like being jerked around.

aria.jpg
: And on your ship that would matter. Here, we entertain my preferences.

Time to get down to business.

ME2-241.jpg

aria.jpg
: The salarian doctor? Last I heard he was trying to help plague victims in the quarantine zone. I always liked Mordin. He's as likely to heal you as he is to shoot you.

shepard4.jpg
: What can you tell me about him?

aria.jpg
: Used to be part of the Salarian Special Tasks Group. He's brilliant and dangerous. Just don't get him talking. He never shuts up. If you really need to find him, take a shuttle to the quarantine zone. No guarantee they'll let you in, of course.

shepard4.jpg
: I'm trying to track Archangel.

aria.jpg
: You and half of Omega. You want him dead too?

shepard4.jpg
: Why's everyone after him?

aria.jpg
: He thinks he's fighting on the side of good. There is no good side to Omega. Everything he does pisses someone off. It's catching up to him.

shepard4.jpg
: Just tell me how to find him.

aria.jpg
: The local merc groups are recruiting anyone with a gun to help them take down Archangel.

jacob2.jpg
: Sounds like that might be our ticket in.

aria.jpg
: They're using a private room for recruiting...just over there. I'm sure they'll sign you up.

Archangel seems to be in more trouble than Mordin. I'll try to get to him first.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
"The man whose day I am about to ruin." Seriously, BioWare, seriously? A line like that doesn't start a barfight, it starts a stand-up comedy act.

"He's as likely to heal you as he is to shoot you." Other way around, writers. It's "he'd as soon (abnormal action) as (normal action)", this way makes no sense for a doctor.

Aria does look better than most Asari but they're still just a bunch of freakshows. I do like how she's out-Sheparding Shepard.

RK47

Patron
Archangel

ME2-242.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: You could say that.

bluesun.jpg
: Standard fee is 500 credits each. You get paid when the job's done. If you die, your friends don't collect your share. You'll need your own weapons and armor...looks like you got that covered. And this does not make you a member of the Blue Suns. You're a freelancer. Period.

shepard4.jpg
: What do we do once we're there. How do we get to the Archangel?

bluesun.jpg
: The mercs will tell you when you get there. Last I heard, they were putting the freelancers into scouting groups; they attack in waves to distract Archangel while we try to get past his defenses.

shepard4.jpg
: So we're just fodder to his bullets?

bluesun.jpg
: If you don't like it, don't sign up. But if you do your job right, it's easy credits. Besides, what are the odds he can kill all of you?

shepard4.jpg
: Where's the attack taking place?

bluesun.jpg
: I can't tell you exactly where you are going, but we'll get you there. Send in the next one.

ME2-243.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: You look a little young to be freelancing as a merc.

kid.jpg
: I'm old enough. I grew up on Omega. I know how to use a gun.

jacob2.jpg
: So does Archangel.

kid.jpg
: I can handle myself. I just spent 50 credits on this pistol and I wanna use it!

Kid's too young to be dying like this. With no personal shields and armor, Archangel will just add another young innocent kid to his kill list. Can't let that happen.

ME2-244.jpg

Shep grabbed the kid's pistol and disabled it.

ME2-245.jpg

ME2-246.jpg

A little drive later, and Shep reached the war zone.

ME2-247.jpg

thug2.jpg
: They tell you what we're up against?

shepard4.jpg
: Just tell us where to go.

thug2.jpg
: Archangel's holed up in a building at the end of the boulevard over there. He's got superior position, and the only way in is over a very exposed bridge. It's a killing ground.

ME2-248.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: I'll get to him. Just point me at that bridge.

thug2.jpg
: I like your attitude, but we've got a plan in place. You'll be on the distraction team. Head straight over the bridge and keep him busy so the infiltration team can sneak in behind him.

jacob2.jpg
: Sounds like a suicide mission to me.

thug2.jpg
: Pretty much. But you look like you can handle it. Head up to the boulevard and talk to Sergeant Cathka. He'll tell you when to go in.

shepard4.jpg
: Where is the infiltration team right now?

thug2.jpg
: On the far side of the bridge, near his hideout. But they can't get any closer without being seen.

shepard4.jpg
: How'd they get that close without being seen?

thug2.jpg
: More distractions. Tarak used a gunship to keep him busy. We were able to sneak a few men into his hideout before he took it down.

Took it down? :shock:

shepard4.jpg
: They were using a gunship to take out one guy?

thug2.jpg
: Yeah. He shot it down. Didn't destroy it, but he knew where to hit it to disable it. It wasn't even a fair fight. At least not for us.

shepard4.jpg
: I better go and find Sergeant Cathka.

jacob2.jpg
: Well, we might have a way in, but getting out could be interesting.

shepard4.jpg
: Let's worry about finding him first.

edi.jpg
: Shepard, I scanned the area but unable to plot any other path to Archangel. The heavy mechs and gunship possess considerable firepower. Weakening them before leaving will improve your chances.

Sounds like a plan.

ME2-249.jpg

Shep hacked the FF ID of the heavy mech. The mercs are going to be in for a surprise when they activate it.

ME2-250.jpg

The gunship will take a more extreme measure.

ME2-251.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: Were you waiting for us?

thug3.jpg
: The infiltration team is about to give us the signal. Archangel won't know what hit him. Got any questions? This may be your last chance.

shepard4.jpg
: Are you going to give us cover with the gunship?

ME2-252.jpg

thug3.jpg
: Besides, she's not quite ready. That bastard gave her a beating last time she was out there.

shepard4.jpg
: Are you leading the assault?

thug3.jpg
: Ha! Tarak doesn't pay me to fight. I just plan the attacks and fix the damn gunship.

thug3.jpg
: You freelancers get the privilege of -- *interrupted by incoming radio comms.* Check. Bravo team -- go, go, go! Archangel's got a surprise waiting for him. But that means no more waiting for me. Gotta get her back to hundred percent before Tarak decides he needs her again.

Oh. So you're the one fixing the gunship. :twisted:

ME2-253.jpg

Shep grabs a nearby electrical tool and walked up to the Cathka.

ME2-254.jpg

And jammed it up Cathka's suit.

ME2-255.jpg

Knocking the bataarian out of it.

ME2-256.jpg

Hopefully that's enough to remove the gunship from battle. Time to join the battle.

jacob10.jpg
: Doesn't look like Archangel's got much time.

miranda10.jpg
: Well, let's not wait around too long.

ME2-257.jpg

The infiltration team is putting up a decent fight, and looks like the Archangel's starting to crack.

ME2-258.jpg

However, he recovered quickly and sniped one down before retreating back to cover.

ME2-259.jpg

ME2-260.jpg

Shep performed a quick backstab maneuver on the unsuspecting infiltration squad, wiping them out completely before they can harm Archangel.

ME2-261.jpg

Archangel raised his sniper rifle upon spotting Shepard's team but did not fire, allowing Shepard to get upstairs unimpeded. Upstairs, Shepard found Archangel turning his back on them, focusing solely on the oncoming bridge below.

shepard4.jpg
: Archangel?

ME2-262.jpg

Archangel gestured an acknowledgment at Shep and resumed scoping the bridge below.

ME2-263.jpg

Finally, satisfied that there is no threat, he took off his combat mask.

ME2-264.jpg

Revealing a very familiar turian face.

ME2-265.jpg

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Standard fee is 500 credits each. You get paid when the job's done. If you die, your friends don't collect your share. You'll need your own weapons and armor...looks like you got that covered. And this does not make you a member of the Blue Suns. You're a freelancer. Period.

Volourn, is that you?

RK47

Patron
Die Another Day

garrus.jpg
: I thought you were dead.

shepard4.jpg
: Garrus Vakarian?

garrus.jpg
: In the flesh. What's left of it.

shepard4.jpg
: What are you doing here?

garrus.jpg
: Just killing mercs. Nice of you to join me. There's plenty to go around.

shepard4.jpg
: What are you doing out here on Omega?

garrus.jpg
: I got fed up with the bureaucratic crap on the Citadel. Figured I could do more good on my own. At least it's not hard to find criminals here. All I have to do is point my gun and shoot.

shepard4.jpg
: Since when did you start calling yourself Archangel?

garrus.jpg
: It's just a name the locals gave me.. For all my good deeds. I don't mind it, but please..it's just "Garrus" to you.

Hell, of course.

shepard4.jpg
: Well, we got here, but I don't think getting out will be as easy.

garrus.jpg
: No, it won't. That bridge has saved my life...funneling all those witless idiots into scope. But it works both ways. They'll slaughter us if we try to get out that way.

miranda10.jpg
: So we just sit here and wait for them to take us out?

garrus.jpg
: It's not all that bad. This place had held them off so far. And with the three of you... I suggest we hold this location, wait for a crack in their defenses and take our chances. Its not a perfect plan, but it's a plan.

shepard4.jpg
: How'd you let yourself get into this position?

garrus.jpg
: My feelings got in the way of my judgment. It's a long story. I'll make you a deal: you get me out of here alive, and I'll tell you the whole damn thing.

ME2-266.jpg

garrus.jpg
: Glad to see that you haven't changed. Let's see what they're up to...

ME2-267.jpg

garrus.jpg
: We better get ready. I'll stay up here. I can do a lot of damage from this vantage point. You...you can do what you do best. Just like old times, Shepard.

ME2-268.jpg

The first wave of Eclipse mercenaries are easy enough to deal with. If Shep stays in tech. armor mode and keep close watch on the stairs leading up, there shouldn't be a problem. Going downstairs seems like a mistake in Insanity difficulty, so I kept my whole team upstairs throughout this whole encounter.

Jaroth, the leader of the Eclipse started to lose his cool and decided to lead the attack personally.

ME2-269.jpg

ME2-270.jpg

The YMIR battle mech is activated. Good thing Shep screwed with the IFF. I didn't see a single Eclipse merc making it into the building. Only the YMIR made it in, with shields down.

ME2-271.jpg

Making it easy target. Jaroth will lead the next charge. And caught the squad slightly off guard. Forcing Shep to spend a medigel to revive Miranda.

ME2-272.jpg

Medigel usage has been changed for the sequel. You can no longer use it for in-combat heals. Its usage is strictly to revive fallen squad member.

ME2-273.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: We still got the Blood Pack and Blue Suns left. Think we can make a break for it?

garrus.jpg
: Maybe, let's see what they're up to...They've reinforced the other side, heavily. But they're not coming over the bridge yet. What are they waiting for?

An explosion was heard from below the building.

miranda10.jpg
: What the hell was that?

garrus.jpg
: Damn it. They've breached the lower levels.

ME2-274.jpg

I hate to risk it. It's fucking Insanity after all. I'll spare Jacob to cover his ass. The Blood Pack boss is mean.

shepard4.jpg
: I didn't come all the way here to let you die. We'll split up two and two - keep one of my team here.

garrus.jpg
: You sure? Who knows what you'll find down there.

shepard4.jpg
: Jacob, stay with Garrus. Keep him alive.

jacob2.jpg
: If you say so. I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

ME2-275.jpg

The tunnel was swarming with enemies. Gotta close down all three doors below while keeping tabs on Garrus' health. I died a few times here to flamethrowers. But otherwise, it's doable. The next one however, is a bitch.

ME2-276.jpg

The Blood Pack krogan leader, Garm is too strong for Garrus to snipe down on his own.

ME2-277.jpg

Yes, Nosferatus IN SPACE!
What made it worse is the pack of vorchas who has regenerating health blocking the passage upstairs. Warp them and blast them down quickly cause when I tried to run past them, I get caught in a crossfire between Garm and the vorchas. Not good.

ME2-278.jpg

Garrus will get gunned down by Garm's shotgun if you don't get upstairs quickly. I'm disappointed with the Game Over screen when Garrus fall in this encounter. What is wrong with allowing Shepard to carry on without him? I would've continued with the LP if that happened. Bioware missed an opportunity here. Anyways, Shep had to pull out the Grenade Launcher to mow down the vorcha fast enough.

ME2-279.jpg

Once the vorchas are down and Shep get upstairs, Garm will get caught in a crossfire and the AI will switch targets, allowing Garrus to live longer.

ME2-280.jpg

Garm's still a beast with the shotgun, so Shep had to keep the shield up and stay under cover to stay alive. His defenses are Barrier>Armor>Health I fucked it up a few times before I calmed down and used Jacob's Pull on the fat fuck when his armor is down, rendering him a floating target. Also, headshots for more damage.

ME2-281.jpg

That's right. Burn you sonuvabitch.

ME2-282.jpg

garrus.jpg
: And we took out Garm and his Blood Pack. This day just gets better and better.

shepard4.jpg
: You've fought with him before?

garrus.jpg
: Yeah, we tangled once. Caught him alone. None of his gang to help him. I still couldn't take him out. I've never seen a krogan regen that fast. He's a freak of nature. He just kept at it until his vorchas showed up. It was close, but I had to let him go.

shepard4.jpg
: Only the Blue Suns are left. I say we take our chances and fight our way out.

garrus.jpg
: I think you're right. Tarak's got the toughest group, but nothing we haven't faced before. Besides, he won't be expecting us to meet him head-on--

The conversation was cut short by a Blue Sun gunship dropping off troopers by the window.

ME2-284.jpg

Garrus was so focused on that entry point that he did not pick up the gunship swinging to another window for another angle of attack.

ME2-283.jpg

ME2-285.jpg

Tarak, the Leader of Blue Suns called out to Garrus before opening fire.

ME2-286.jpg

ME2-287.jpg

ME2-288.jpg

Garrus couldn't dodge in time and limped to a nearby cover. He tried to prop himself up but the pain overcame him.

ME2-289.jpg

The turian drifted into unconsciousness.

ME2-290.jpg

The fallen shall be avenged.

ME2-291.jpg

This encounter is pretty tough because you have to constantly switch covers facing the north and east window. The one to the east spawns a few troopers while gunships will periodically swing between the two windows to strafe rockets and fire its auto cannon.

ME2-292.jpg

The first rocket will cause Shep to stagger, a second will take down his shield, a third will destroy him. That's only because his Tech. Armor is up. Without it up. Two will do. That doesn't count the troopers' gunfire. What's worse, your squad couldn't adapt automatically, forcing you to pause and issue orders as the gunships switch windows. I gave up keeping the squad alive and relied on my own powers instead.

ME2-292.jpg

I never believed for one second that Garrus would die in this scene. Not after that Game Over screen. If Bioware prevented the game from continuing earlier, why would they annul that now? So I wasn't really worried. But it's still pretty gruesome.

ME2-293.jpg

ME2-294.jpg

ME2-295.jpg

ME2-296.jpg

ME2-297.jpg

ME2-298.jpg

See? I told you so!

ME2-299.jpg

RK47

Patron
Garrus Vakarian, Turian Rebel

Passive Ability: Increase own Health, Power & Weapon Damage

Weapons training: Sniper, Assault Rifle

Active Abilities:
Concussive Shot: Soldier Power. A stunning shot. Pierces Biotic Barriers by dealing 3.5x damage vs Barrier.
Overload: Tech Power. Damages Shield and stuns synthetic targets.

Loyalty Unlock Power:
Armor Piercing Ammo: Ammo Power. 50% Additional Dmg vs Health & Armor at Rank 4.

Rating B+

ME2-300.jpg

ME2-301.jpg

ME2-302.jpg

ME2-303.jpg

ME2-304.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: They did what they could, but you're going to have some scars. I'm sorry.

garrusA.jpg
: Some women find facial scars attractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan.

*Jacob salutes and left the two alone to talk*

ME2-305.jpg

ME2-306.jpg

ME2-307.jpg

garrusA.jpg
: I can't argue with that. Hard to believe the Council is letting the attacks go unanswered, though. Damn Politicians.

ME2-308.jpg

That's enough for tonight. I'll go rest now. Heh. Garrus is part of the EXTREME club now.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nice, high-level fights.

Still, like with Tali in the first, BioWare could've handled such situations better. ME isn't much of a franchise for open, branching gameplay, tho', it's too "epic cinematic" for that"

I dig the facial scars.

I hear you have to be a Paragon to get rid of yours, or invest in surgery. True or LIES ROOFLES?

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
Nice, high-level fights.

Still, like with Tali in the first, BioWare could've handled such situations better. ME isn't much of a franchise for open, branching gameplay, tho', it's too "epic cinematic" for that"

I dig the facial scars.

I hear you have to be a Paragon to get rid of yours, or invest in surgery. True or LIES ROOFLES?

There will be an in-game explanation for that. Just wait. I think it's true. I noticed EXTREME Shep face...gets...worse.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
RK47 said:
Brother None said:
Nice, high-level fights.

I dig the facial scars.

There will be an in-game explanation for that. Just wait. I think it's true. I noticed EXTREME Shep face...gets...worse.

Yep, you end up like a Terminator if you are renegade, with red eyes and everything.

Yup, if you go Paragon your scars heal and you get blue eyes or the other way of getting rid of them is to get the med bay upgrade that costs 50,000 credits. This is my full Renegade Shepard.

2dbtagy.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Surprisingly awesome. Is Garrus still EXTREME if you were Parangon with him in ME1?

Also, okay that showing his scars is so he looks more extreme, but he could replace his armor you know (and about that, what kind of retardation is having an eye-visor/explorer thingy even with a helmet?)

Cassidy

Arcane
Elhoim said:
Yep, you end up like a Terminator if you are renegade, with red eyes and everything.

Like level 20 Monks of evil alignment in Neverwinter Nights. Bioware, always recycling ideas, even for graphical fluff.

RK47

Patron
jacobA.jpg
: Commander, can I help you with something?

shepardA.jpg
: I'm more interested in just talking for a bit.

jacobA.jpg
: Sounds good. Have to say, you run this ship tight and we're getting things done. We keep on track and maybe we'll figure this out. I hope so. I'm not looking forward to the debrief if it all goes to hell.

ME2-309.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: My ship, my time. I just want to talk.

ME2-310.jpg

ME2-311.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: I can already see they lost a fine soldier, Jacob.

jacobA.jpg
: That's not how the Alliance sees it. Hell, they did the same to you. General public never knew you were dead, or heard the real story of the Citadel. Did you know they used you on recruitment ads? You were the human ideal for like six months. Then they replaced you with a composite image they invented.

LOL I'm having a hard time imagining a 'We want you in the Alliance poster' with Shep face on it.

ME2-312.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: I don't like it, but I can see benefit in keeping some things from public.

jacobA.jpg
: And Cerberus isn't exactly transparent, either. Where's an honest soldier go, Shepard?

shepardB.jpg
: Right here?

jacobA.jpg
: I guess so. Glad I'm not in your chair, though. Gonna be a rough ride. I should get back to work. Good talking to you, Shepard.

kellyA.jpg
: How's our newest turian crew member doing? His injuries looked painful.

shepardA.jpg
: He's a soldier. It'll take more than that to keep him down.

ME2-313.jpg

shepardB.jpg
: This mission is too important to be plagued by drama, Yeoman.

kellyA.jpg
: I understand.

ME2-314.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: Have you got a minute?

garrusA.jpg
: Sure. Just checking the weapons systems. You can never be too careful. I thought I knew weapons at C-Sec. Mercenary work showed me otherwise.

ME2-315.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: I'm pleased to see that you're getting along with the new crew.

garrusA.jpg
: They're as friendly to me as people from a group like Cerberus can be. And they've got you vouching for them. I can't exactly doubt your judgment. Not after I got my own squad killed.

shepardA.jpg
: How did those mercenary gangs take down your team?

garrusB.jpg
: It was my own damn my fault. One of my people betrayed me.

Oh shit. Garrus caught 'Carthitis'!

ME2-316.jpg

ME2-317.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: Are you sure it was a betrayal? Maybe they took out Sidonis first.

ME2-318.jpg

ME2-319.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: Do you know where Sidonis is now?

GarrusB.jpg
: No. His trail vanishes after he leaves Omega. But I'll keep hunting.

ME2-320.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: What can you tell me about the Normandy's armaments?

GarrusA.jpg
: Looks like Cerberus upgraded what the shit had before. Should have a bit more kick. I still don't like our chances against a Collector ship, though. Not unless we upgrade the guns.

This is part of the optional Normandy Upgrades. I'll get more in detail with this later. For now, let's get drunk with Dr. Chakwas. I did pick up a Serrice Ice Brandy at the Afterlife. Sorry if I didn't mention it earlier.

shepardB.jpg
: I've got a present for you, Doc.

chakwasA.jpg
: Serrice Ice Brandy? You didn't. Thank you. I always regretted not opening that original bottle -- when I still could. I won't make the same mistake again. Why don't we open this bottle right here, right now, you and me?

ME2-321.jpg

shepardB.jpg
: You crack open the bottle. I'll get the glasses.

A few glasses later..

ME2-322.jpg

ME2-323.jpg

chakwasA.jpg
: Ah, Jenkins. Soldiers like him make the Alliance great. Cerberus lacks the same...enthusiasm.

Errr. Jenkins, yes. The guy who died within 1 minute of touching down at Eden Prime.

ME2-324.jpg

shepardB.jpg
: Don't you have any friends of family?

chakwasA.jpg
: No, not lacking in friendship - just stability. Jeff...Joker will always have Vrolik syndrome. He would never admit it but he needs my help. And he always will.

shepardB.jpg
: Treating Joker gives you some kind of stability.

chakwasA.jpg
: So does this ship, even if it's a copy. Or, hell, maybe it's you. Shepard, our immovable center. A place for a person to stop and catch her breath. Or maybe I'm just happily drunk. Would it hurt if it was simple like that for once?

shepardB.jpg
: *toasts* To Jenkins, Pressly, and to Alenko.

chakwasA.jpg
: May they never be forgotten.

ME2-325.jpg

ME2-326.jpg

ME2-327.jpg

shepardA.jpg
: I'm glad you're enjoying it. Just remember who is in charge.

mirandaA.jpg
: I know exactly who's in charge. I report to him regularly. I'm here -- we're both here -- because he wants it that way. Cerberus gave you a second chance, Commander. Maybe you should the same for us.

shepardA.jpg
: Cerberus obviously has your loyalty. How did you get involved with them?

mirandaA.jpg
: Do you remember when I told you how I was genetically altered? Well, that wasn't my choice. My father...created me.

shepardA.jpg
: Who's your father?

mirandaA.jpg
: He's a very influential man, and extremely controlling. He didn't want a daughter -- he wanted a dynasty. I ran away as soon as I was old and brave enough. I went to Cerberus because I know they could protect me.

shepardA.jpg
: How bad were the terms you and your father parted on.

mirandaA.jpg
: Shots were fired.

shepardA.jpg
: You seem capable of defending yourself. Why did you need Cerberus?

mirandaA.jpg
: My father invested a great deal in his dynasty. It wasn't a matter of just leaving... I knew he would continue to pursue his..investments.

shepardA.jpg
: I assume that Cerberus approves of your enhanced abilities.

mirandaA.jpg
: Of course. Cerberus fully endorses anything that advances the cause of humanity...genetic alterations included. But unlike my father and his selfish reasons, Cerberus and the Illusive Man believed in the greater good.

shepardA.jpg
: You talk about yourself like you're just a..tool to be used. By your father, by Cerberus.

mirandaA.jpg
: Maybe. I like to know where I fit in the world. It help me find meaning in how I was created.

shepardB.jpg
: You are who you are, Miranda. You don't need to make excuses for it.

mirandaA.jpg
: That's easy for you to say. We've both been engineered for greatness, Shepard.

ME2-328.jpg

shepardB.jpg
: Your spirit and personality are what make you great. It's what makes anyone great.

mirandaA.jpg
: That's kind of you. I'm not sure I believe you, but thanks for saying it.

shepardB.jpg
: You've told me a lot about your father. What happened to your mother?

mirandaA.jpg
: I never had one. Most of my genetics materials is based on my father's tissue. His Y chromosome was altered with an amalgam of desired traits from various sources.

shepardB.jpg
: Thanks for your time, Miranda. I'll talk to you later.

Time to return to Omega...

ME2-329.jpg

shepardC.jpg
: That depends on what Aria has in mind.

thug4.jpg
: Aria's gotten word that some Blood Pack mercs plan to kill an old acquaintance of hers. A krogan named Patriarch. She'd like you to keep that from happening.

shepardC.jpg
: I'll look into it.

thug4.jpg
: He's downstairs, likely surrounded by his fans. Get him into hiding until the mercs move on.

But first...

ME2-330.jpg

ME2-331.jpg

Mmm-hmmm.

ME2-332.jpg

Mmmm. Yeah.

ME2-333.jpg

Let me get my Alliance Express out...

ME2-334.jpg

Oh yeah.

ME2-335.jpg

OK. Time to find Patriarch.

ME2-336.jpg

ME2-337.jpg

ME2-338.jpg

ME2-339.jpg

shepardC.jpg
: You allow Aria to protect you, like you're her pet? I thought you were a krogan!

ME2-340.jpg

ME2-341.jpg

ME2-342.jpg

ME2-343.jpg

ME2-344.jpg

The krogan's pride reignited, he charged out of the lounge, hunting for his would-be attackers. His chance of survival is slim, but at least he died like a true krogan. /salute.

I'll need to report this to Aria, but first I need a drink.

ME2-345.jpg

ME2-346.jpg

ME2-347.jpg

That was the plan until the drink knocked me over. I couldn't get up. Was it spiked?

ME2-348.jpg

ME2-349.jpg

Woke up the back alley of Afterlife.

shepardD.jpg
: Ugh. How much did I drink?

ME2-350.jpg

ME2-351.jpg

shepardD.jpg
: That bartender tried to poison me?

thug5.jpg
: "Tried" is the word. As far as I know, you're the first human to survive it. My friend Jake went there to celebrate our new shipping business. He got real drunk, and an hour later, he was puking blood. It's just that one batarian bartender. He's got a stick up his ass about a bunch of batarians that died a while back.

ME2-352.jpg

shepardD.jpg
: I think I'll go give that bartender a taste of his own medicine.

thug5.jpg
: He won't be expecting you, that's for sure. Give that bastard what he deserves.

Waking up at the back alley made me explore a bit though. And found the marketplace nearby. Time to shop.

ME2-353.jpg

This is new. You can bargain once with your Paragon / Renegade option to lower prices before purchasing anything at their terminal.

ME2-354.jpg

Only purchase option available are upgrades. Some pieces of armour gear if you're lucky. But they're extremely rare. I always grab the Heavy wep. ammo capacity upgrade,

ME2-355.jpg

This is a good helmet.

ME2-356.jpg

A new chest piece. You need to equip it to gain the bonuses. But you can only change armor and weapon pieces at the Normandy's gun locker and armor closet. Shitty feature if you ask me.

ME2-357.jpg

ME2-358.jpg

OK. It's payback time.

ME2-359.jpg

ME2-360.jpg

shepardE.jpg
: *pushes the glass back to the bartender*

ME2-361.jpg

ME2-362.jpg

ME2-363.jpg

shepardE.jpg
: Drink it, or I'll blind you one eye at a time.

ME2-364.jpg

ME2-365.jpg

You just got served.

ME2-366.jpg

ME2-367.jpg

shepardE.jpg
: I gave him what you couldn't: the chance to die like a krogan.

ME2-368.jpg

shepardE.jpg
: The Patriarch was dead for centuries. You know that.

ME2-369.jpg

ME2-370.jpg

ME2-371.jpg

shepardE.jpg
: What's the catch?

ariaA.jpg
: No catch. I don't need it, and I don't want it to go to waste.

shepardE.jpg
: Thanks. Maybe I'll come back later.

That's all the updates I can do today. Catching flight in 6 hours time. Cya guys!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Unless that cache is a trap, that last exchange makes no sense.

Also, this LP makes me
ME2-322.jpg

random_encounter

Educated
Ashley Williams' still with the Alliance. Promoted, I believe. Her file is surprisingly well-classified.
Huh, so that's all that happens. Whether Alenko or Ashley survives doesn't matter much, it seems. Alenko survived in mine and now I'm curious to see what happens when you meet Ashley instead.

RK47 said:
Warning EXTREME encounters incoming!
YES

ME2-283.jpg

But didn't you take out the guy fixing this? I guess this was the spare?

ME2-362.jpg

I missed the bartender thing, but enjoyed seeing here.

Awesome stuff, great work!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think RK47 might just have extraordinarily good timing.

Also how are we not at the next page yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom