Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[MandaloreGaming] Arcanum Review

What's a codexer's opinion on how/why Mandalore gets so many views on basic rundowns of old games like this, anyway? What is it? Did he build up a fanbase over time? Was he always somehow as charismatic as a charisma build pc in Arcanum? Dumb luck? Is it the games, themselves?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's a codexer's opinion on how/why Mandalore gets so many views on basic rundowns of old games like this, anyway?
He covers lots of ground, goes into detail and provides actual reasons for his views (not like some others that just rant on endlessly without rarely if ever making a point, ala AngryJoe, etc. ).

He basically creates what you'd expect a review to be - in a time when the original reviewers (aka games "journalists") no longer write actual reviews, just pushing nonsense, and have no clue about games to begin with. Somewhat of a niche, really.

His stuff is generally pretty high quality and not just made for entertainment.

Last edited:

TheSoul

Scholar
What's a codexer's opinion on how/why Mandalore gets so many views on basic rundowns of old games like this, anyway? What is it? Did he build up a fanbase over time? Was he always somehow as charismatic as a charisma build pc in Arcanum? Dumb luck? Is it the games, themselves?

Something something algorithm. I do like watching his videos occasionally.
I trust his judgement more than the usual gaming youtuber. The games I've also played I had similar views on so I think he did play them. I also prefer how he structures his reviews, most sections are clearly defined and he doesn't try start his reviews with a 20 minute preamble or critic shield. For reference, someone like neverknowsbest or josephanderson meanders too long and uses clickbait titles that I ignore at this point.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Videos were recommended to me because I watched Seth Tshentag(sp?). So "algorithm" is probably true.
The videos lately really get unnecessarily long tho, like who cares about the story of Marathon (bungie) games?
Also he was in some drama of the disgusting kind with vinesauce that I also used to watch but I guess he avoided bad repercussions by largely ignoring it?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Videos were recommended to me because I watched Seth Tshentag(sp?). So "algorithm" is probably true.
The videos lately really get unnecessarily long tho, like who cares about the story of Marathon (bungie) games?
Also he was in some drama of the disgusting kind with vinesauce that I also used to watch but I guess he avoided bad repercussions by largely ignoring it?
That's literally the only thing people care about in Marathon as far as I know! The story videos were the only ones recently I liked.

FriendlyMerchant

Gnomes are clearly meant to be G*rmans: industrialization, factories enslaving people, eugenics, shooting at union strikes.
They are supposed to be better than germs. Just like German Jewry is superior to the average germ.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
like who cares about the story of Marathon (bungie) games?
That was the main reason for me to watch the videos.
The lore is what sets those games apart - beyond that they are just pretty lame shooters compared to the Build games.
I'd never actually play Marathon, so having this neat summary of the story was perfect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom