Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
updated my excel, looks like im at 17.5% odds of not getting anything good in jump in :negative:

spectre

Arcane
Brother's War is just up, as usual, PlayBRO for three packs.

EDIT: There also seems to be a hefty discount on the avatar featuring the Pajeetina with a condom on her finger if you happen to swing that way.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Brother's War is just up, as usual, PlayBRO for three packs.

EDIT: There also seems to be a hefty discount on the avatar featuring the Pajeetina with a condom on her finger if you happen to swing that way.
is game stable already? feel like begdrafting

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
had really bad luck in jump in so went for draft. There wasnt any begging, but my mono red pile went 7-1.
Two of my opponents were interesting. One managed to snatch a bunch of artifacts and would win with synergies if not for my deck oversaturated with burns.
Another was some dimir graveyard action but then I was too fast for him

Got a kickass card :

Image.ashx
That's a really good card. I have been trying to make a G/W deck work with Rites of Spring and Planar Birth, but it hasn't gone well because Planar Birth affects all players. The dual color is also inefficient. This will solve that.
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

Last edited:
Got a kickass card :

Image.ashx
That's a really good card. I have been trying to make a G/W deck work with Rites of Spring and Planar Birth, but it hasn't gone well because Planar Birth affects all players. The dual color is also inefficient. This will solve that.
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

You may also like :

Image.ashx

I don't see why Planar Birth is the problem. Most players don't mill cards, so they won't get affected by the Planar Birth effects, and if they do, well getting a bad match in MTGa is unavoidable. Besides you can have a sapling or dog that looks like a horse against other milling players. And if you use white (fuck whites) you can use lion sash(fuck that card).

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
WotC are retarded. They don't know how to design satisfying cards anymore. I've never seen so many old players abandon a game so quickly as MTG post MH2.

Got a kickass card :

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
You may also like :

Image.ashx

I don't see why Planar Birth is the problem. Most players don't mill cards, so they won't get affected by the Planar Birth effects, and if they do, well getting a bad match in MTGa is unavoidable. Besides you can have a sapling or dog that looks like a horse against other milling players. And if you use white (fuck whites) you can use lion sash(fuck that card).

Thank you! I do like that card. The synergies for what I was trying to do isn't well supported by white. I experimented with board wipes and things like Limited Resources, but Planar Birth spoils that. G/R is a much better choice. The concept is to use Rites of Spring to shred my deck of lands and then get them into play. Red is good at sorting at the cost of discard, like Faithless Looting. It's also good at land destruction, has lots of land sacrifice mechanics, and is good at casting from the graveyard. G/R is a natural choice. Not having to splash white and get to capitalize on things which also destroy opponent's land is a major help.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
The synergies for what I was trying to do isn't well supported by white
ej33g.jpg

go black!

WotC are retarded. They don't know how to design satisfying cards anymore. I've never seen so many old players abandon a game so quickly as MTG post MH2.
yeah, saw somewhere that paper went down significantly, but it was mainly due to their printers going brrrrrrr with so many products per year

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
not sure if all of you are aware, but now under profile game shows you statistics on your card collection without any need for external tracker.
Clearly it doesnt provide filters etc. I care only about rare+ and missing lowballs are skewing what I can see in there.

So... I looked at my wc count. I wonder if I got enough to knock out all the rares and uncommons?
I could
and I did
Now my card profile looks fantastic. I thought that game will crash after crafting 500+ cards in one go.

But wait... why do I have to wait 1 min to open decks tab? Then another to open collection. Or start creating new deck.
WTF?

Luckily those issues were solved after app reboot. Interesting insight into what game puts into memory.

EDIT: I probably have enough to fully complete black and one other color. Hmm

EDIT2: redeeming all non white. would cost me 116+56 wc. Im actually almost there

Last edited:

The Limper

Educated
Historic now = best turn 3 win deck build. Whoever signed up to play a 3 turn game.

I am liking the Brothers War set. Standard is fun again! Playing a Rakdos deck with both big Mishra cards, Dragon Engine and otherwise all black. Liliana/Sheoldred/Tenacious/Invoke Despair/etc…..Its quite nasty.

Historic now = best turn 3 win deck build. Whoever signed up to play a 3 turn game.
Freaks. And they rage when they lose with the deck they copied from a tournament website. I hate people.

Not that long ago I played against a deck that was made nearly entirety of rare and mythic cards. Never seen a deck so stacked full of them. Though I was finished, but whoever was playing it, was doing a horrible job, never knew when to attack or when or how to block. I somehow won, even if for most of the game I felt I was a step or two from defeat. I think I have encountered a famous whale.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Freaks. And they rage when they lose with the deck they copied from a tournament website. I hate people.

Not that long ago I played against a deck that was made nearly entirety of rare and mythic cards. Never seen a deck so stacked full of them. Though I was finished, but whoever was playing it, was doing a horrible job, never knew when to attack or when or how to block. I somehow won, even if for most of the game I felt I was a step or two from defeat. I think I have encountered a famous whale.
its not that uncommon though?
It is believed that matching algorithm takes into account rarity factor of your deck. Push number of rares down enough and you will start seeing started decks!

in h brawl card pool is large enough to allow full rare decks even in mono color. If anything it would be blue control decks having a bunch of common/uncommon counterspells.
In mono color lands are obviously common. We are approaching moment when even in dual color you can run all rare lands. In tri color its way past it and you are forced to pick favorites.

As far as standard goes, mono black appears to have high rarity count?
Actually only way to spot a whale is seeing standard deck full of new stuff right after release. 0.5 months later f2p catch up when they are done with quick drafting and start opening packs.
Or when we see another historic set release and someone gets all the cards from there. No quick drafts for those, f2p will never catch up. Or more like not anytime soon. Looks like im catching up 1-2 years later due to constantly crafting jank

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I love it so much

1669746168156.png

Some Gate-cel had 3x Druid Class out and just owned himself. I guess he didn't get the memo. I just love how it turns the tables on all these Ajani-cels & co. Sweet sweet revenge.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I got all my lands killed by that, and I got killed by Charbelcher on turn 3 a couple of times. I just stopped playing because I don't like Magic The Asperging, I'd rather matches that have ups and downs and stuff that happens. Never thought I would miss all the mindless creature decks but even that's better than turn 3 auto wins. The worst of all is the fuckkkkkinggg Oracle of the Alpha type decks. People who spend 5 minutes over each turn are now playing these decks that spawn infinite draw and infinite turns. And they take forever to play... They don't seem to care if it takes them an hour to win.

I don't like the idea of brawl either, it seems more rng than normal magic. And I can't be bothered learning Standard. I am playing Across the Obelisk.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
hbrawl is great. As long as you stay in low tier queue that is.

Commander card changes so much. For example gladiator, or whatever that bo3 100 cards singleton was called, was just random value piles.

There are still value piles around but you will learn how to identify those just by looking at enemy commander. And can quit it right there.
I often pray on random value piles with my pirate deck sneaking turn 4 win. Most value piles just ramp in first few turns for quick board wipes.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
If you had told me back in 2013 that I would miss the closed pre-constructed environment of the planeswalker series, I wouldn't have believed you. I miss 2HG so fucking much. Instead we get some random bullshit events once a month for 2 days, wau.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
That Karn card must be one of the dumbest cards ever printed. At the very least the null rod effect should've been symmetrical. But they should make land destruction great again. Bringing back strip mine would be an appropriate first step.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom