Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
from constant effects you also have those options:
rampaging ferocidon
tibalt
tainted remedy
kalitas
roiling vortex if you are willing to save extra mana
there are some instant spells too.

Anyway it seems you are interested in mono red aggro, in which case rampaging ferocidon is standard choice

Jason Liang

Arcane
The art quality and production value is noticeably higher this set (duh). Love it, despite all the identity politics shoved in. I'm still not buying their pass, because it's still mostly skins for cards I'll never use and you can just wait until the relevant styles become available in the Daily Deal for gold AND they keep making the pets ugly. I'm still on that owl from ages ago.

Is there a counter to Life Gain fags I can deploy earlier than this:
Quakebringer.png

Preferrably also a creature.
I would just play some form of Rakdos sacrifice.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Anyway it seems you are interested in mono red aggro, in which case rampaging ferocidon is standard choice
Thanks for the numerous suggestions, but I'm not playing mono red. I just "splashed" this dude into my ultra-jank rainbow pile.

Pocgels

Scholar
The art quality and production value is noticeably higher this set (duh). Love it, despite all the identity politics shoved in. I'm still not buying their pass, because it's still mostly skins for cards I'll never use and you can just wait until the relevant styles become available in the Daily Deal for gold AND they keep making the pets ugly. I'm still on that owl from ages ago.

Is there a counter to Life Gain fags I can deploy earlier than this:
Quakebringer.png

Preferrably also a creature.
knightofdusksshadow.jpg

From the new set

Newfag-er

Liturgist

The pass is still value for the gem spend even discounting the cosmetic. The draft token is worth 1500 gems

It should still be worth it even without the draft token. Twenty packs is worth 4k gems along. The pass also have 4k and 1.2k gems. Making the pass effectively cost 2.2k gem

If someone can grind all the reward the pass is the most worth item in game atm

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
The draft token is worth 1500 gems
its hit and miss. However this time around it was definitely a hit, with me reaching 5 wins while rare drafting - loot included 6 rare lands.
I did however play a bunch of newbies on early bronze, managed to steal 2 wins by baiting bad plays

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The draft token is worth 1500 gems
I don't draft, it's almost useless to me. I'm also good on packs, as most new releases hold only a few cards that interest me.

What I want is some cool cosmetics for once and not this gay goblin shit.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
hi im luka and im addicted to jumpstart. Or more like collecting cards from it.
I even own this fancy spreadsheet not only showing me what I own, but also doing calculations. It shows me that i sunk so much gold into this event, that my odds of receiving 6 bad packs are 22.43%
Im 83% rare and 49% mythic complete

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
were there new jumpstart cards released this update as well?
yeah, they do with each update. baldurs gate one was special as they prepared for rotation. Now it seems that with each update they change rewards even for old packs, making tracking harder. Id say that if there is any rare card you want and its part of jumpstart, you should sink all your gold into it until you obtain desired number of copies.

In my case it also fills vault like crazy

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
pushed 5k more and gotten liliana. Its not craziness, master strategist here!
looking for next excuse to sink more gold, eyeing that sphinx

Gyor

Savant
Chaos Balor + Wand of Orcus + Raphael, Fiendish Savior = One Sided Board Wipe and a huge amount of life gain.

spectre

Arcane
So, I've gotten this urge to setup a new account, grind some standard then perhaps try and sell it.
Also WotC apparently forgot to send me my "2 years MTG-free" coin.
Think I'm on a verge of a relapse. Help?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Think I'm on a verge of a relapse. Help?
will be hard to play hbrawl so why bother. Unless you get old account back.
It will take a 1year grind to have proper standard deck. Unless you also want to sink funds?

spectre

Arcane
Unless you also want to sink funds?
Nah, just the pure, unadulterated joy of drafting and playing standa.....dkjhdskljghd
okay, nevermind. Thanks. I think I got it now.

But seriously, any major features in these two years, or is it mostly same old, same old?
I've seen they've added mobile support, so more faggots to get roped by.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
any major features in these two years, or is it mostly same old, same old?
no features, still waiting for default lands.

actually there was one new feature - you can now set avatar, sleeve and pet per deck.

Owners are getting even more predatory. Recent mastery pass could be completed only by top 5% of the players

spectre

Arcane
Not unexpected.
I was silently hoping for some actual incentive to play this with buddies, like that's ever going to happen.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Not unexpected.
I was silently hoping for some actual incentive to play this with buddies, like that's ever going to happen.
closed pod drafts is another feature that was time and time requested, but no news of it even being acknowledged.
Id imagine it would make a lot of money

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
alchemy would be so much better received product if they focused on fun stuff like this
yjv2bubn8xr91.jpg

as opposed to cards conjuring

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom