Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
San Andreas was Rockstar's magnum opus together with Vice City. How can people even debate this?

Mazisky

Magister
sullynathan, assuming that Gta 5 is a good game (and i think it is even if others don't), don't you think they could add more stuff to the single player, considering how big (and underused) the world is?

sullynathan

Arcane
sullynathan, assuming that Gta 5 is a good game (and i think it is even if others don't), don't you think they could add more stuff to the single player, considering how big (and underused) the world is?
Of course they could do more,any game can do more. In its current state, I was more than satisfied with what I got and for me it was better than all the previous GTA games and I put in more hours in one playthrough than in previous iterations.

For example, I would have liked if the gun combat in GTA V was as good as Max Payne 3's given that both games run on the same engine and R* even reused the bullet time thing in GTA V. I also wish the driving was more like GTA 4's. While I didn't think GTA 4's driving was realistic, I did like the physics behind it.
Like Genma:TheDestroyer said, GTA V could have done with more heists too.

While its cool that San Andreas had little rpg stats and elements like becoming fat or strong, these didn't change gameplay much and are cool the first time done but quickly forgotten afterwards. I really only liked the different martial techniques you could learn.

I think an expansion the size of ballad of gay Tony would be great but as the years go, I don't know if R* will do it, or maybe they will and they're just taking their time.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
I hated how gta4 dlcs (altough very good) were stand alone.

If they do SP content for Gta5, i hope it will be integrated in the main game

Mazisky

Magister
If they do SP content for Gta5, i hope it will be integrated in the main game

I think that ship has sailed. More likely they're going to keep doing Online updates until the hype train for VI starts.

Why don't they just add online already existing content to SP too, like apartments....it's nonsense. like Diablo 3, they added new areas in the game but they are not avaiiable in campaign. It's so little effort to do. I'm a campaign fag

You think I don't feel the same way? With such a large world and all the various systems they included it's a complete and total waste not to do an expansion/DLC or two. But they can shit out a couple Stuff Packs for Online, give people a reason to buy Shark Cards and focus their attention on the game they've been teasing and the next GTA.

Mazisky

Magister
You think I don't feel the same way? With such a large world and all the various systems they included it's a complete and total waste not to do an expansion/DLC or two. But they can shit out a couple Stuff Packs for Online, give people a reason to buy Shark Cards and focus their attention on the game they've been teasing and the next GTA.

If people keep spending their money for online stuff\games, producers are not incentivate to care about single player....i only buy Sp games but i feel alone.

Still, i don't think Rockstar wanna focus on online only in the future, he has a tradition he can't break. I hope

rezaf

Cipher
I like how the subject matter of this topic is so insipid that the last two pages have been about an entirely different game.

Don't interrupt our practicing the ancient art of threadjacking. ;)

As for GTA Online, I'm regularly playing it because it's one of the few games a good friend of mine who moved out of country likes to play, so I do him the favor while we chat on Skype or something. If it were just for myself, I'd long have quit.
The relative emptiness of the world is much, MUCH emphasized in GTAO because of course they want players to buy everything with hard earned - or preferably IAP purchased - money.
But they were far too overzealous, even the highest earning activities ingame earn you so little relative to what stuff costs, it's ridiculous.
Funny thing, since I don't really like grinding always the same missions, I was once contemplating buying a shark card at one point when they were like 75% off or something.
Even heavily discounted, IIRC it was like 80 Euros for 8 millions in ingame cash. And 8 millions are nothing, you can buy a single fancy sportscar with all the expensive extras and a special paintjob and piss off the entire 80 euros in this single transaction. Appearently there are some whales or whatever these players are called that make the calculation work for Rockstar, but I know this pricing policy will discourage me from ever spending another dime on their game.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
No reviews before the release day. Whole article from the Polygon:

Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review?

Mafia 3, the anticipated follow-up to 2010’s Mafia 2 developed in concert with Marin-based studio Hangar 13 and 2K Czech, is in stores around the world next Friday, October 7. Unfortunately, neither Polygon nor any other outlet is likely to have a review up before the game launches next week.

Polygon was informed via a phone call from a 2K representative yesterday evening that 2K Games has decided not make the game available to press from any outlet prior to its release. This is, of course, 2K’s decision to make, though it is a departure from both 2K’s previous track record with non-sports titles and general industry practice, despite some noteworthy exceptions in recent years from various publishers on games like Destinyand, most recently, Id Software’s reboot of Doom.

In development since at least mid-2013, Mafia 3 is arguably 2K Games’ largest Fall release for 2016, despite September’s launch of NBA 2K17and next month’s Civilization 6.

2K games offered Polygon reviewable copies of Mafia 3 that would unlock upon the game’s “first global availability” on digital retail storefronts — at approximately 4:00 AM Pacific on Thursday, October 6. We’ve declined this offer, and will be securing our own retail copies of Mafia 3 at the earliest opportunity. With that in mind, it is extremely unlikely that Polygon will have a review up at the time of Mafia 3’s launch next week, though we will do as much as we can to expedite the review process and share our impressions once we have the game in hand.

You can read more about Mafia 3 in our feature from this year’s E3, which explores the game’s narrative and African-American lead with the game’s director, Haden Blackman.

Note: This story originally stated that 2K Games offered review copies that would unlock upon Mafia 3’s North American availability, and has been corrected.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Oh dear, that never bodes well, imo.

I like how the subject matter of this topic is so insipid that the last two pages have been about an entirely different game.

Don't interrupt our practicing the ancient art of threadjacking. ;)

As for GTA Online, I'm regularly playing it because it's one of the few games a good friend of mine who moved out of country likes to play, so I do him the favor while we chat on Skype or something. If it were just for myself, I'd long have quit.
The relative emptiness of the world is much, MUCH emphasized in GTAO because of course they want players to buy everything with hard earned - or preferably IAP purchased - money.
But they were far too overzealous, even the highest earning activities ingame earn you so little relative to what stuff costs, it's ridiculous.
Funny thing, since I don't really like grinding always the same missions, I was once contemplating buying a shark card at one point when they were like 75% off or something.
Even heavily discounted, IIRC it was like 80 Euros for 8 millions in ingame cash. And 8 millions are nothing, you can buy a single fancy sportscar with all the expensive extras and a special paintjob and piss off the entire 80 euros in this single transaction. Appearently there are some whales or whatever these players are called that make the calculation work for Rockstar, but I know this pricing policy will discourage me from ever spending another dime on their game.

Goddamn. Thats insane. How much game time would you need to earn that 8 million yourself?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe the just don't want Polygon to play the game, since they made it apparent that they can't play games and makes all the games they play look like shit.

Drakron

Arcane
They are bitching because they wanted day 1 reviews for ad revenue and instead 2K decided that none of the (semi)traditional whores news outlets would get advanced copies, you know like Bethesda did with Doom and Activision did with Destiny.

I suspect its YouWhoresTubers that will have day 1 because if you are getting a blowjob review you might as well get the chaper price since the truth is, Gamers are not dead ... they just stop visiting your site and look for news and reviews elsewhere,

13:59 How did the car he's chasing phase right through that roadblock? Not even a single person was alert when Joe came around the corner.

DeepOcean

Arcane
GTA V is boring, they really need to bring conquering neighborhoods back and don't be all this "We are Hollywood." crap, I really need an excuse to blow shit up and have fun blowing shit up, GTA 5 is shit because everything is higienic and only happen when Rockstar wants, outside the extremely scripted missions, you only have the police to shoot at and playing with the police isn't enough to keep you going on the long run. Why having a huge world if you are going to make Uncharted on it? Just play any of the Saint's Row games and they are much more fun than GTA 5.

sullynathan

Arcane
GTA V is boring, they really need to bring conquering neighborhoods back and don't be all this "We are Hollywood." crap, I really need an excuse to blow shit up and have fun blowing shit up, GTA 5 is shit because everything is higienic and only happen when Rockstar wants, outside the extremely scripted missions, you only have the police to shoot at and playing with the police isn't enough to keep you going on the long run. Why having a huge world if you are going to make Uncharted on it? Just play any of the Saint's Row games and they are much more fun than GTA 5.
You're a story fag that needs an excuse to blow shit up when you have a hundred weapons and vehicles to cause mayhem. I see the type of argument you guys make

DeepOcean

Arcane
I see the type of argument you guys make
No, you don't see it. I want different enemy types, melee enemies, snipers, concussion grenades throwing enemies, snipers on helicopters, enemies with chainguns, enemies with rocket launchers, helicopters with chain guns, armoured enemies with police shields, enemies that use drones against you and the list goes on and on , on another words, I want rockstar to stop being lazy and endlessly repeat that shitty parody of the USA with "I'm Hollywood drama now." endless cutscenes and actually make a real game. All I mentioned was done on alot of other modern third person shooters out there, there is no real reason for the barebones shit combat GTA V has beyond lazyness.

I died more trying to break the scripts of the missions than actually playing the game, that is how mind numbing easy GTA V is, a bit of challenge would be good too. Sorry, killing legions of samey niggers and cops that run towards you as headless chicken with headshots on slow motion wasn't what I called fun.

sullynathan

Arcane
I see the type of argument you guys make
No, you don't see it. I want different enemy types, melee enemies, snipers, concussion grenades throwing enemies, snipers on helicopters, enemies with chainguns, enemies with rocket launchers, helicopters with chain guns, armoured enemies with police shields, enemies that use drones against you and the list goes on and on , on another words, I want rockstar to stop being lazy and endlessly repeat that shitty parody of the USA with "I'm Hollywood drama now." endless cutscenes and actually make a real game. All I mentioned was done on alot of other modern third person shooters out there, there is no real reason for the barebones shit combat GTA V has beyond lazyness.

I died more trying to break the scripts of the missions than actually playing the game, that is how mind numbing easy GTA V is, a bit of challenge would be good too. Sorry, killing legions of samey niggers and cops that run towards you as headless chicken with headshots on slow motion wasn't what I called fun.
GTA has never been hard. You're playingthe wrong game.

Melee enemies in this type of game isn't necessary.
The only other open world game that does most of what you typed is saint's row and it's less fun than gta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom