Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

tormund

Arcane
Yeah they are very different games but they both look awesome in their own right, haters and tryhards aside. Most people have preordered them and will be playing both anyway, no matter what they're saying. I know I did.

Mazisky

Magister
Tbh i prefere strong focus on narrative than boring side "activities", that's why i liked Gta IV and i preordered Mafia 3. I enjoy more a good story and nice characters than jerking around, for those who like that there is Goat simulator and similar crap

tormund

Arcane
I wasn't meaning to say that Watch Dogs 2 will have poor story, I'm certain that it will have great characters and narrative, but it is obviously far more focused on gamey aspects while Mafia 3 is more consciously mature narrative driven experience. That said there will be a lot to do in Mafia 3 outside of its story, it will be a joy to explore that beautiful recreation of US South of that period.

Mazisky

Magister
I guess Watch Dogs 2 will have decent story too, expecially considering they know how lackluster was WD narrative.

I'll buy both games, setting and tones are so different between each other so they won't feel similar, even if they share the genre.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I wasn't meaning to say that Watch Dogs 2 will have poor story, I'm certain that it will have great characters
I'm sure it will
zxznmhB.jpg
v0vJEVa.jpg
qQEOBpX.jpg
EFOtyN7.jpg

They will no doubt appeal to "people" that preorder games.

Mazisky

Magister
It is definitely a brave and refreshing direction, considering fist game's drab realistic real world setting.

Brave not really considering how those characters suit perfectly for a 12-25 age audience (80% potential sales).

Refreshing of course, so different from WD1.

Mazisky

Magister
Having a black rebel protagonist is really brave, especially considering the outcry from white gamers, church, parents.

Gta San Andreas had black protagonist and also heavy focus on black culture and it's one of the most acclaimed open world by the white community, so....

A gta-like game will be really brave when they'll provide a female protagonist

tormund

Arcane
Having a black rebel protagonist is really brave, especially considering the outcry from white gamers, church, parents.

Gta San Andreas had black protagonist and also heavy focus on black culture and it's one of the most acclaimed open world by the white community, so....

San Andreas was very ironic, satirical game though. Mafia 3 presents a serious narrative, not to mention that it is set in period crucial for Black civil rights and in part of US where racism is particularly rampant.

Mazisky

Magister

San Andreas was very ironic, satirical game though. Mafia 3 presents a serious narrative, not to mention that it is set in period crucial for Black civil rights and in part of US where racism is particularly rampant.

I thought u were (as i was) referring to watch dogs 2 tbh, not mafia 3 :D

tormund

Arcane
I'm trying to churn out these responses as fast as possible and to make them as inane as possible. Can't put too much though into what are you sayin, or what I'm writing, can I now...

Astral Rag

Arcane

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Mazisky

Magister
i'll bet release will be fps unlocked. Be realistic, 2k won't risk such huge failure unless they have mickey mouse at gaming direction.

Maybe it is just a v-sync issue where if activated it downscale to 30 max

capping a triple A on pc at 30 Fps is like allowing max 1024x768 resolution,

EDIT: first comment for a user with release version

"This is the retailed released version. Vsync off, tried it all. It will not go higher than 30fps.

21:9 works in game, but the main menu is messed up initially and cutscenes are still 16:9. But in game seems fine.

Edit: Looking through the files for a fix."

HOLY CRAP :keepmyjewgold:

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

And so it begins...
qNZlqOT.jpg

dat be dose butthurt crackers... yeah... be all butthurt cuz brotha is da main... yeah brotha be killin lotsa cracker apes and cracker apes be mad... but dey cant to nuthin... NUTHIN... can only post negative revives from deit cracker mommas basements
mafia threee da bestest open world gameee... all cinemathik and shieeeet... imma gonna play it now... imma gonna sit in ma sweet ride... killa some crackers... cinemathikaly... get some broads... just like in rl... suck it down cracka trash

Black

Arcane
Ja, crackers cryin over sum 30fps per second

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom