Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Kipeci

Arcane
Then, the man turned to look at him.

Amesdan felt a cold chill bite deep into the fiber of his very being.

That stare… that hateful, black stare that seemed to embody in itself a disgust for all humanity… It was a hatred that no one could hope to extinguish, a hatred that ran so deep that it threatened to destroy the world.

At that moment, he knew that before him stood a terrible monster, one even more horrifying than the black knight.
Damn, that's some hardcore penis envy.
If Erdrick considers that to be a mere 'withering stare', I think we might be able to weaponize his facial expressions.

Perhaps a recount of the slime votes is necessary
No one cares enough to vote.

The thing with creating two plans was done specifically so that everyone doesn't come up with their own ideas no one but them cares about, and so that we could have something we can count.
Baltika9 Tourettes with Erd
lightbane 2-2-2 split
TOME 2-2-2 split
Grimgravy 2-2-2 split?
Kipeci Red with Rin? Pink with Erd?
archaen Pink with Erd, Red&Tourettes -> Rin
Elfberserker Blue/Green/Purple -> Erd; Pink/Orange/Red -> Rin
Since most people voted for Kipeci's plan, let's do the smart thing and ask Kipeci what he prefers, and then roll with it.
Well, I said initially that I didn't want any slimes going out so that Zayan could have access to all of their useful drippings and that we could be reasonably sure that they were safe. However, I'm willing to make some compromises for other science in light of a number of the voters going for slimes on a mission... if we are able to get the slimes to level up, I remember that treave said something about them being able to release more substances.

I'd like for the carnivorous preference slimes (I think they are purple and red?) to go with Rin since I think her style of diplomacy will leave them plenty of room to feed, just make sure that they keep in mind that the slimes are valuable to us.

The pink slime can go with Erd to provide vital cushioning for his manfully flaccid club when we're not bashing in skulls with it.

The others I think ought to stay at the base to give Zayan a hand with her research and in trying to keep the powerful mage warrior guy paralyzed and not killing half the goblin village.

Does anyone have that guide to which slimes eat what, by the way? I tried looking for it with the search bar, but for some reason I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Found it.
Blue slimes are omnivorous, green are vegetarian, red are carnivores and purple slimes subsist on clothing. These are just their preferred food, however. If they're hungry enough they'll try to eat anything anyway.
So, confirm that for the red and purple with Rin, since blue and green can presumably find leafy stuff to eat around the goblin village while we probably don't have as many spare clothes and meat as dozens of bandit corpses would.

treave, do we know what the orange one might prefer? That could be a factor.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Actually, hold up, maybe it would better to have the pink slime stay at home? I just noticed treave's post that says that poor Amesdan and the goblins are at the top of the priority list for the pink slime's feeding, so maybe it's best to not remove the slime from the environment of its preferred meals. We could just take the orange slime with Erdrick and maybe attempt to get a better idea of what in the world it feeds on if treave isn't willing to give us the answer to that yet.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way, treave, random question: what would have happened if instead of choosing the Seraphic Lord form, the Codex picked the Beastlord or the Dragonlord ones? The former sounds like Erdrick would physically become something resembling the standard werewolf creature (although without a way to switch it off until late-game, I bet), while the latter gives me the mental picture of an humanoid lizard-man, but with extra armored scales (perhaps later on we would have unlocked the ability to become a full-fledged dragon). Are my assumptions right? Would either of these transformations give us new techniques that we didn't start with? That's what I believe since the two seem to be more focused on physical abilities, unlike the Angel form which has more to do with magic spells.

Not as furry-kin as you think, but yes. You get access to more physical techniques.

treave, do we know what the orange one might prefer? That could be a factor.

They like to eat metals or minerals. The more precious the better.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Kipeci So Orange and Blue to Ontaglia, Red and Purple for bandits, and Pink for the prisoner at home base with Green keeping the hedges trimmed? That would be a 2 2 2 split that a few of us voted for and we would have consensus.

Kipeci

Arcane
Well... I wasn't planning on taking the blue one to Ontoglia since I figure we shouldn't be cramming too many slimes under our cloak and it doesn't get a tremendous particular benefit out of munching on magnatite relative to the orange one by what we know. I'd rather that the blue one go either stay at home base to help Zayan out with the fighting mage or else go with Rin to feast on the likely abundance of diplomatic carnage. It's not a tremendously big deal to me, so if we don't have consensus in 24 hours from this post I could flop to that conception to ensure an update.

You have it right on the rest of the distribution, though.

Kipeci

Arcane
Darn. I'll just stick to my guns and insist on the one slime to Ontoglia bid, then. I have a slight preference for the blue slime staying at home over going with Rin, but it's not particularly strong, so that's subject to change if anyone wants to argue for it. So, just to recap, here's where all the named characters and slimes will be in Kipeci's Klever Konception! What's locked down (that is, everything that's not the slimes) is in bold.

Ontoglia: Mercant, Lucy, and the Orange Slime

Fortunio's Camp: Rin, Arlin, Aria, and the Red and Purple Slimes.

Grahferde: Zayan, Runde, Petze, Robust, Boss, and the Pink, Green, and Blue Slimes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Next in Ontoglia: A mysterious hooded man pets his white cow while threatening to unleash orange slimes on the town's livelihood unless he is paid in magnatite, and lots of it. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
here's where all the named characters and slimes will be in Kipeci's Klever Konception!
Sold.

Next in Ontoglia: A mysterious hooded man pets his white cow while threatening to unleash orange slimes on the town's livelihood unless he is paid in magnatite, and lots of it.
We need to fit the governor's daughter in here somewhere, too. :M

lightbane

Arcane
But now we can save all those wounded adventuress.

I think it's a bit too late for that, Rin is not known for leaving her enemies alive. :lol:
However, since so far she doesn't seem to be "accidentally" attempting to kill the twins whenever possible, it's possible she would have spared at least one of the children knights if she left to take the slimes, but, to compensate, she most likely would have remained here on purpose to meet the reinforcements head on and kill them to the last man.

If Erdrick considers that to be a mere 'withering stare', I think we might be able to weaponize his facial expressions.
That must be a side-effect of having a super-human charisma and strength plus an angel's killer instinct. It doesn't help that Erd's emotional and mental state is not completely stable after constant abuse and fighting being a Hero for a long time, falling from grace and becoming something non-human, losing his "almost girlfriend" and, lastly but not least, finding himself unable to raise his hyperweapon.

All the more reason to take orange to the magnatite mining region, then.
Hm, hopefully that orange slime doesn't consume too much magnatite then, we need to hoard everything in order to produce these techno-magic magnetic cannons, proximity mines, killer golems and vacuum traps. Also, Erdrick was supposed to create a familiar too, if I'm not mistaken.

By the way, I'll be voting for Kipeci's Kuriously Kunning plan too. Having read the latest update though, the pink slime may for now be unable to feed on the prisoner. Thankfully, there's that regeneration machine that should help us on that regard. :M

Even if you decide now the update's only going to come next Monday anyway.
:baka:
Oh well, it's better to know now than latter. treave, random question: had we chosen Rin for the interrogation, did the prisoner have any chance of surviving the experience?

Also, back during his "heroic" days, did Mercant fight human enemies at some point, or was the Demon King's army an all-monster one? I'm referring to people such as pirates, mercenaries, evil knights, doomsday cultists with their trademarked pointy daggers and so on.

On an off-topic note, I finally finished reading the Epic CYOA. Safe to say, it was truly epically awesome, indeed. Choiceofgames' CYOAs wish they had at least half of the quality present in your stories (and less PC bullshit).

Anyway, I hope all of you have a merry Christmas!

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, random question: had we chosen Rin for the interrogation, did the prisoner have any chance of surviving the experience?

Well... define surviving?

Also, back during his "heroic" days, did Mercant fight human enemies at some point, or was the Demon King's army an all-monster one? I'm referring to people such as pirates, mercenaries, evil knights, doomsday cultists with their trademarked pointy daggers and so on.

The Demon King's army had some human traitors and turncoat generals. Besides that, Erdrick did not engage in much fighting outside of what he was expected to do. A Hero is supposed to slay monsters after all.

On an off-topic note, I finally finished reading the Epic CYOA.

Then you know that when Zayan eventually offers you the opportunity to build a sun-bomb, you should take it. :M

Nevill

Arcane
I think it's a bit too late for that, Rin is not known for leaving her enemies alive. :lol:
I think TOME is being sarcastic and is saying that we can now LARP Jesus when the army gets here, saving them all. :M

Thankfully, there's that regeneration machine that should help us on that regard.
Dong farm, huh?

If the transplant doesn't work out (which I assume it won't), Zayan can go all out and create a magnatite-powered dicktopus to terrorize the populace into submission.
Spiked.png

Saves us on a spell.

Hm, hopefully that orange slime doesn't consume too much magnatite then
They have a whole mine of this stuff. Actually, I am a little curious. If magnatite possesses so many precious magical qualities, there is bound to happen something interesting when a slime consumes it. All that energy has to go somewhere. That would be some Slime Lord/Queen material right there.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
No spoilers please. Rin will probably be interrogating in the future so we'll know then if the prisoners will survive.

Kipeci's plan has my vote.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If magnatite possesses so many precious magical qualities, there is bound to happen something interesting when a slime consumes it. All that energy has to go somewhere.

Not a lot of energy to be found in raw magnatite. It's only a perfect storage medium for magical energy after being processed.

Nevill

Arcane
Hm. I thought it was a power source, not a power storage device.

So we can have a capacitor-slime? :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm. I thought it was a power source, not a power storage device.

The first update showing magnatite's capabilities talked about releasing the fire magic stored within the crystal to power the elevator.

Of course, Zayan can make a single charge last a long time, but the initial input of energy still needs to come from an external source.

Luckily, she has someone around with huge reserves of mana. :M

lightbane

Arcane
Well... define surviving?
Something like Amesdan still being in the world of the living long enough to drop him into the regeneration machine, right after Rin is done butchering interrogating him (if that's not asking too much).

Then you know that when Zayan eventually offers you the opportunity to build a sun-bomb, you should take it.

I was more worried about the fact how the main character, who was able to fight several superhuman soldiers armed with katanas and survive with relatively minor injuries, was so easily shoot down by someone armed with a shitty pistol. And that's not taking into account his ability to switch on super-reflexes. Or why in spite of being a secret agent working for the government, he was never offered the possibility of receiving dermal armor (unless he made it himself). Or even why he wasn't given a humble but effective bullet-proof vest as part of his standard issue gear. :M

In any case, in the unlikely case this game reaches such ridiculous epic scale, I wouldn't go with something as banal as an hyper-bomb. Instead, I would vote to make a literal solar-powered spaceship, which would be able to transform into a giant Super Robot armed with eye-lasers, a retractable Gygadine cannon hidden in his chest, rocket-propelled drills and a missile-launcher modified to launch boarding torpedoes (which would be filled with magnetite-powered killer golems and/or just Rin, depending of how much overkill is needed).
:desu:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I was more worried about the fact how the main character, who was able to fight several superhuman soldiers armed with katanas and survive with relatively minor injuries, was so easily shoot down by someone armed with a shitty pistol. And that's not taking into account his ability to switch on super-reflexes.
Are you talking about Dio?

Senya's Neo abilities were taken from him when he left the Matrix, if I recall correctly. :M

a missile-launcher modified to launch boarding torpedoes
Cow torpedoes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom