Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Just how badass are we? The adventurers coming don't seem so dangerous anymore. But nevertheless, I think we should relocate, just to avoid confortation. Overlords need time to prepare no matter how powerful they are.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As an aside, you only got this interlude because you handed the guy over to Zayan and he's starting to spill info. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What’s wrong, Ames? Can’t stand a little cold?” said the woman on the right, a short-haired, tan-skinned beauty with a mischievous grin.

“Well, little Ames has certainly perked up,” laughed the other woman, her fine, long hair gently tickling Amesdan’s chest while she traced her way down his abdomen with nimble fingers. She glanced up at him with her bright blue eyes and smiled.

[...]

Velka. Laika. Monika. Jessika.
What a waste. Remind me not to give Rin any jobs involving women, or at least instruct her properly! :M

He had to remind himself continually that this was a job. That he had nothing to do with it. That the dryads were the job. In the end, he had been paid in both gold and some pieces of bloody bark. From what he knew of the market, the bark was worth a lot more. It was a lucrative job.
Dindu nuffin. :M

Kind of sad we weren't there to save the harem from their fate (4 mid-level adventurers could have been handy), but then Rin would probably run off to the slimes and meet with the kids to the same effect. Dammit, Rin. :lol:

Amesdan felt a cold chill bite deep into the fiber of his very being.

That stare… that hateful, black stare that seemed to embody in itself a disgust for all humanity… It was a hatred that no one could hope to extinguish, a hatred that ran so deep that it threatened to destroy the world.

At that moment, he knew that before him stood a terrible monster, one even more horrifying than the black knight.
Damn, Erd really takes his condition personally. :lol:

Looks like we are in for a treat once the adventurers get here. Better have our guns up and ready.

As an aside, you only got this interlude because you handed the guy over to Zayan and he's starting to spill info. :M
We wouldn't be able to make him talk? Awww. :(

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
Welp, that was something. I never expected that Rin liked slasher movies, or that Methuss was willing to send an entire fucking army to these ruins. On the plus side, the prisoner most likely survived, although he won't be able to feed the pink slime anymore. :lol:
Hopefully Zay can make up some proximity mines and vacuum traps to dispose of the incoming horde. Either way, this will be fun. :incline:

lightbane

Arcane
It's fine Nevill. If I recall correctly, the other projects were meant to be completed one after the other. We'll surely have something prepared for when the army arrives. Right? Right??

EDIT: Our captured adventurer seemingly knows some cool moves he could kindly teach us with some encouragement. More importantly: he's not royalty nor from a foreign nation.

Nevill

Arcane
We'll surely have something prepared for when the army arrives.
An escape route. :salute:

But yeah, we'd better get Zayan a lot of magnatite now.

I'll pass on taking the slimes with us to Ontoglia. Lulz is the only reason to have them, and shit just got SIRIUS!

Nevill

Arcane
It's strange that they got other countries to assist in what essentially is a domestic matter, and the area is of a sort that you wouldn't want the others snooping around. It is of obvious interest to Barzam, at least.

Knowing that our favorite Duke Brescia is the one funding the expedition, I can't help but think that this may be another of foreign plots. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Adventurers from other countries =/= agents of other countries. :M
But they could be! Stop ruining our "everyone is out to get us!" paranoia moments! :rpgcodex:

By the way, a quick mechanical question. Can a Doppelganger's mana reserves be used to control/summon monsters via a proxy, 'bypassing' limitations on those spells? Say, can we summon 3 dragons (2 by ourselves, 1 via a Doppel)? Or would Doppel be fully dependent on our own mana reserves and therefore can't 'add' its power to ours?

Looking at our stats and spells, I see a lot of Mana, and not a whole lot of things to spend it on.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Your doppelgangers can theoretically cast more summons, but they don't have the mental ability to control them and as such the spell would fail.

Looking at our stats and spells, I see a lot of Mana, and not a whole lot of things to spend it on.

Didn't you guys vote to keep increasing mana? This is the expected result. Besides, having reserves to spare is never a bad thing. :M

TOME

Cuckmaster General
We should stop gallivanting and start researching new high end spells. Right after the next mission. Or after we deal with the adventurer excursion. Or after we free the other angel.

Nevill

Arcane
Didn't you guys vote to keep increasing mana?
Yeah, I wanted the summons, since we are short on armies of our own. 500 wolves sound sweet, but 1500 are even better. Just thinking about what else can be done with it, besides Gigadyne.

Your doppelgangers can theoretically cast more summons, but they don't have the mental ability to control them and as such the spell would fail.
Hm. There was a question about whether the summons have some kind of will/insticts of their own, due to how our duel with Elmont was depicted. The wolf showed signs of fear, and the tiger purred when we stroked it.

Guess we'll have to develop bigger and better spells. So far we dabbled into local magic (healing/illusion, and wanted to try out enchantments), but perhaps we could continue working on our own brand of magic that is exotic to this world?

We should stop gallivanting and start researching new high end spells.
I still want Regeneration, now that we know potions are useless to us unless they are imbued with Divine Power.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I wanted regeneration too. It would have bought us more time to cast spells since we wouldn't have to worry about every minor cut or slash in combat. But we went with All Clear, which cures poison and stuff. Great help for Erd.:M

But maybe it cures the governor's daughter in Ontoglio?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Just how badass are we?
We were Teh HERO in our homeworld and a match for teh Dark Overlord, after eating his heart we got a level up.
If the power levels are roughly the same in this world we basically are among the most powerful creatures here, top five probably.

Nevill

Arcane
If the power levels are roughly the same in this world we basically are among the most powerful creatures here, top five probably.
Rin is still stronger than us.

The Priest gives us dangerous vibes, suggesting he is our equal in combat. Julius is the most powerful mage and suspected equal in magical power. And there is an angel trapped in Methuss. That's at least 4 others who are on the level, and we haven't visited any other kingdoms.

There is the Dark Lord and 3 of his dragons, and I am fairly sure the wielders of artefact weapons aren't wusses, too. Not to mention Gods themselves who are far beyond our reach.

We are powerful, yes, but hardly in the top five.

lightbane

Arcane
That lack of power can be solved with time, more fighting, acquiring more resources and progressing the story... Neither of which is not happening right now.
:rpgcodex:

Perhaps a recount of the slime votes is necessary, in order to see what we'll do with these and finally move on the next chapter.

By the way, treave, random question: what would have happened if instead of choosing the Seraphic Lord form, the Codex picked the Beastlord or the Dragonlord ones? The former sounds like Erdrick would physically become something resembling the standard werewolf creature (although without a way to switch it off until late-game, I bet), while the latter gives me the mental picture of an humanoid lizard-man, but with extra armored scales (perhaps later on we would have unlocked the ability to become a full-fledged dragon). Are my assumptions right? Would either of these transformations give us new techniques that we didn't start with? That's what I believe since the two seem to be more focused on physical abilities, unlike the Angel form which has more to do with magic spells.

Nevill

Arcane
Perhaps a recount of the slime votes is necessary
No one cares enough to vote.

The thing with creating two plans was done specifically so that everyone doesn't come up with their own ideas no one but them cares about, and so that we could have something we can count.
Baltika9 Tourettes with Erd
lightbane 2-2-2 split
TOME 2-2-2 split
Grimgravy 2-2-2 split?
Kipeci Red with Rin? Pink with Erd?
archaen Pink with Erd, Red&Tourettes -> Rin
Elfberserker Blue/Green/Purple -> Erd; Pink/Orange/Red -> Rin
Since most people voted for Kipeci's plan, let's do the smart thing and ask Kipeci what he prefers, and then roll with it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then, the man turned to look at him.

Amesdan felt a cold chill bite deep into the fiber of his very being.

That stare… that hateful, black stare that seemed to embody in itself a disgust for all humanity… It was a hatred that no one could hope to extinguish, a hatred that ran so deep that it threatened to destroy the world.

At that moment, he knew that before him stood a terrible monster, one even more horrifying than the black knight.
Damn, that's some hardcore penis envy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom