Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Runde's utility as a slave would appear suspect.
He already was a slave, though. It's not like the only job for a slave is to row on a galley.

He can be our joker, a curiosity, a circus freak. It's not like such things are unprecedented.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We need someone watch over the twins.
Trust me when I am saying that adventure kids need six or eight eyeballs to keep them in line.

How many masters had their day ruined, while their stubborn and fierce child students have caused trouble without supervision. Not to mention, how they usually have natural ability to avoid said masters supervision.

Runde's utility as a slave would appear suspect. He is weak and scrawny by goblin standards, and goblins are generally not seen as that smart to begin with. On the other hand, Robust looks the part but is sort of useless outside of combat. Hell, even in combat I'm not sure how useful he is. I could be down with selling him for money if that's an option, I could see him fetching a good price. Just tell Rin and the others that he died bravely in combat while we greedily count our shekels.

Nooo!!!!
Not Robust!

Yes, he isn't as powerful as us, but he should be handy against avarage scrubs...Besides we really don't know, if he has other skills or even surprisingly good abilities.....
And no selling our Gobbos to slavery
:rpgcodex:

We should do that to our captured enemies, not our mascot minions

Esquilax

Arcane
Sounds like a brilliant idea. Our cover story will be that we're a travelling merchant going with our twin children who are along for the ride to learn the trade. With us are our two goblin slaves - Robust, our bodyguard, and Runde, our manservant.

Nevill

Arcane
Elfberserker said:
Nooo!!!!
Not Robust!
Relax, bro. Even if we sell him, I would be in favor of stealing him right back from under the merchant's nose before leaving the city.

After all, why sell once what you can sell twice? :M

Trust me when I am saying that adventure kids need six or eight eyeballs to keep them in line.
And yet, people are more worried about Rin. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Sounds like a brilliant idea. Our cover story will be that we're a travelling merchant going with our twin children who are along for the ride to learn the trade. With us are our two goblin slaves - Robust, our bodyguard, and Runde, our manservant.
I'm totally down with this. Flopping to C B (Kids, Runde, Robust)

lightbane

Arcane
If the twins go, Rin could be included so that she's more "relaxed" around them (hopefully). However, she should either use her wings to generate a new dress or someone make one for her, because she definitively shouldn't go around wearing full plate armor.

C-Can we take Rin with us?
We do need someone to play role of merchant wife.
:smug:

Isn't Erd like 20 at most? Meanwhile, the twins are 14. That would raise too many questions we don't want to answer. However, perhaps we can work around that with a fake beard or something.

Baltika9

Arcane
C-Can we take Rin with us?
We do need someone to play role of merchant wife.
:smug:
Rin can be the stay at home mom. Emphasis on 'stay.' Seriously, though, I don't want her around large human cities for long periods of time just yet, goblins or not. I just think that it's a bad idea.

Nevill

Arcane
However, she should either use her wings to generate a new dress or someone make one for her, because she definitively shouldn't go around wearing full plate armor.
She can be our bodyguard - which is also technically true. Would do a more convincing job of it than Robust, too.

Isn't Erd like 20 at most? Meanwhile, the twins are 14. That would raise too many questions we don't want to answer.
He aged well. :M

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

CA Rin, Aria, Arlin

I like taking Rin along. She may be a handful at times, but her raw power generally makes up for that. Arlin does a pretty good job of looking after his sister, so it'd probably be a mistake to separate them.

As for Rin's appearance, a dress or pants would hide the tail and the horns shouldn't be a problem - just have her do her hair up in a really big bun.
ed20d284b77ab113c28ab0cc1b4c6786.jpg

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I flop to esqulax squad:
Voting for:
Aria
Arlin
Runde
Robust
Rin?

Still undecided about Rin, but more the merrier????
If Rin was secluded or spoiled child of royalty during wartime, then maybe seeing the world might be benefical for her...Like seeing in her own eyes how normal people live, without war time.
The good, the bad
The beauty and ugliness.
The strange and the normal.
Poor and rich.
All in peace and no war...Yet

ScubaV

Prophet
I can't believe 2A isn't getting more love. It says right in the update that it might be good for magical research. You can try to rationalize B as offering that, but it's still a rationalization that doesn't even have the support of a "maybe". Oh well, still gonna vote for it.

CA (I'm fine with whatever companions)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, is slavery practiced in Methuss or other places in the surrounding Kingdoms?

According to Runde, yes.

Hm, I missed that one before. I wonder how it works. Is it some kind of possessed suit of armor? Or an actual giant golem?

According to Barbatos, a giant humanoid that Equinos controls from the inside. So, like an Ev******on.

That reminds me: treave , did Rin notice the Gauntlet with her Eyes of Bullshit Seeing? Has she commented about it?

She is jealous and would like a nice weapon of her own. When you point out her axe, she says that doesn't count since it's not a 'real' weapon. Barbatos says she might be a good fit for the Sword due to her lineage.

And what's her opinion about the twins? If she still considers them barely better than trash, perhaps it would be better for her to remain at the village.

She has a small respect for Aria's ferocity and tenacity, and sometimes wonders if the little twig might not become a worthy rival to her one day. Arlin is pretty much invisible to her unless he's cooking her something to eat.

Also, have the kids learned about Rin's real nature too or not yet? I would assume they would have asked a lot of questions about our main character's origins and everything by now.

They know she's a demon but it was less terrifying to them than you being an angel. Rin is still a bit unhappy about that. They don't know anything else, like how you came here. They assume you came from the east.

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
1 - Well, that seals it. If a fucking glove can't teach us the Yuhe Finger, we're never going to learn it. It knows more about fingers than anyone. Can we just forfeit the LP right now? Otherwise, C.
2 - A, we should take every opportunity to specialize in magic
3 - We should take the twins so that we can have human eyes and ears in these human cities we are going to. I'd be in favor of assigning Rin to hold down the fort, but (a) we've already seen evidence that there are random encounters in the region that are completely capable of dumpstering her, and likely us as well; and (b) the goblins are charming, but we haven't committed enough resources to building up a regional power base to really justify splitting the party in order to defend it. Rin + the twins

Arlin is pretty much invisible to her unless he's cooking her something to eat.

This little shit is going to blindside us in 5 years and seduce Rin with a heavenly paella.

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting AB Rin, Aria, Arlin.

1A because you guys seem to forget that charging skills are also running skills.

:lol: Because the codex always runs away from a fight and never rushes in headfirst. Yolo.

Esquilax

Arcane
Voting AB Rin, Aria, Arlin.

1A because you guys seem to forget that charging skills are also running skills.

Dodging skills are also running skills too, aren't they? I like A more because it sounds cool and is an interesting offensive ability when we're in a fight and some enemy thinks we're your standard squishy wizard. But C is cool too, as Erdrick has already complained about not being quick enough to evade Rin before.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Codex picking the Shadow Step for their first kungfu skill.

...this sounds familiar. :hmmm:

profreshinal

Arcane
There are a few things you need before you can learn WQS the learning spell easily. I'm assuming the next town will have a plot where erdrick needs to whore himself out.

CA Rin, Runde

Codex picking the Shadow Step for their first kungfu skill.

...this sounds familiar. :hmmm:
It's mostly because of Rin. First our wing, then our lightning-arm - we're liable to not have any appendages left if we don't learn how to dodge her! :M

lightbane

Arcane
It is a strange world one in which angels are considered more terrifying than demons. Doubly so when the latter notices that and gets butthurt :lol:. Anyway, I'll switch my vote for 2.B>A. You guys make a good point: More magic is always better to have.

FrankHamilton

Educated
It is a strange world one in which angels are considered more terrifying than demons. Doubly so when the latter notices that and gets butthurt :lol:. Anyway, I'll switch my vote for 2.B>A. You guys make a good point: More magic is always better to have.
There is some biblical basis in that, especially among the orthodox faith. Besides, remember that demons are really just butthurt angels that lost the war.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom