Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
ABC shulgi says you should read something you read it

Zwist

Learned
AEF

Because: Mecha.
And saving the emperors ass might give browniepoints.

Firstaid? Naaaaaaaaaaa. Nothing bad is going to happen to us anyway.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
BDE
Edit: Voting to ensure ISC/Kyrie is locked in. Foregoing reading Shulgi's book, even though it'd be interesting, since that'd probably give too many Erika points. I think all these options go well together anyway, combat training and developing the club go hand in hand, and E should help us screw over Relius, eliminating him as a competitor against Kyrie.

I want to get more Kyrie/ISC points, since this will determine the course of the next chapter. The Shulgi option is itself interesting... but Kyrie/ISC seems important to me in the long-term.

Plus Close Quarters Combat training? What's not to love!

Club training is important to complete Kyrie's quest and get us back to A classes.

I'd choose E too if I had the option.

treave would it be possible to know what all our current points are, or is that to remain a secret?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Checking back on the points I think it's:
Kyrie +9
Keiko +8
Erika +7
Yua +4

What you choose to do in the current update will probably lock in where you start off the next chapter. Some of the choices will give you points with more than one person though.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Oh damn, so this is definitive? Going to readjust my votes... Definitely don't want Keiko to win, or even Erika for that matter.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wouldn't say it is definitive, just that three out of four possible branches are pretty close together right now and it can easily turn out that the three choices picked here tally enough points for a single character, rendering the others unable to catch up by the end of the chapter.

Bear in mind these choices also grant you more abilities or skills, so you might want to consider a balance between that and taking the more obvious points.

Bloodshifter

Educated
ABF

Trying to go Erika Route yes Immortals shall go with Gieloth now and forever! Mech Research is for Yua subpoints we have been ingoring her...

Kyrie is useless in the Giant Mecha Pilot Long run at least Erika or Yua could possiblely keep up with us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Except Kyrie could very well be the immortal path, being descended from Ean as she is.
No gurantee of that, the Imperial family has had two revolutions
3470 A.C.
A failed revolution in the Old Empire ends with a very minor branch of the Imperial family coming to power instead of nationalists. The Empire is given the appellate ‘New’.
3722 A.C.
The revolution in the New Empire ends with another very minor branch of the Imperial family coming to power. The Empire is given the appellate ‘Neo’. No one is bothered to point out that the meaning is the same.
They may be related to Ean in name only.
And also this: we have people screwing around with life energy and necromancy (right under the nose of the greatest academy in the world) and a cult of cthulhi worshiping either a Master or Sek; we have some serious shit going down...and you're worried about corporate powerplays and robots? We'd better start uncovering the mysteries of the world and kicking Shulgi's ass back into action, (never thought I'd say this) not romancing some crazy twats with daddy issues, a-la Shepard.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
It's through that though that power is acquired. If we somehow acquire the complete resources of a very large nation and international conglomorate to use at our fancy, combined with our knowledge and tech skills, we'll have a very strong position with which to deal with anything that threatens us. You're implying that I want to ignore what's going on in regards to the Cult, when that's far from the case. To stand on an equal footing and face the cult, I want the power of a very large organsiation with relatively transparent goals. Kyrie is the only one I feel confident doesn't have a hidden agenda, or at least, she has the clearest motivations, which makes her the most trustworthy ally in my eyes.

Baltika9

Arcane
A Corporate Nation having transparent goals? I think you are being naive here: there will be a whole spider's web of intrigue and goals within goals running through it; there will be either Watchers or their offspring organization, there will be espionage and political powerplays and that will be deadly in it's own right. We're not kicking the doors open and plopping our ass down into the chair: we want power within that organization? We'll have to fight tooth and nail for it, and during which shit will be going down in other parts of the world. So, yes, I think it is much better to use this time to get acquainted with the supernatural to better combat it or otherwise, as the situation warrants.

Tigranes

Arcane
ADF. A is a no brainer for information, Kyrie is the most preferable of the weeaboo strands (at least she isn't a totally fucked up persona that could only exist in animu-world), F for the Great Machine.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
A Corporate Nation having transparent goals? I think you are being naive here: there will be a whole spider's web of intrigue and goals within goals running through it; there will be either Watchers or their offspring organization, there will be espionage and political powerplays and that will be deadly in it's own right. We're not kicking the doors open and plopping our ass down into the chair: we want power within that organization? We'll have to fight tooth and nail for it, and during which shit will be going down in other parts of the world. So, yes, I think it is much better to use this time to get acquainted with the supernatural to better combat it or otherwise, as the situation warrants.
Yeah, their goals are relatively transparent when compared to the Dunamis group and the Cult (I've no idea where Yua will lead to, will she become the personification of the internet or something? We become anime "hacktivists" and join anime Anonymous?). A corporation as an entity just wants social power and influence and so do most of its members. If we offer a means to increase that drastically, then most of its members won't be killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. I think that the majority of the corporation is ignorant of the supernatural like us, or at least, Kyrie's section is. It makes a perfect compliment if we're trying to gather information and examine it objectively, without all the bias one might find if the information were obtained directly from the Dunamis or the Cult.

Suffice to say, I'd much rather an ally who is struggling to discard their ignorance of the true nature of things like us, rather than an ally who selectively feeds us information in order to shape and control our perspective.

Baltika9

Arcane
My vote: ADG; study the supernatural to better combat it and start sinking our hooks into Keiko. I want her to be our way into the cult should we deign them worthy.
A corporation as an entity just wants social power and influence and so do most of its members.
Only you're forgetting that many of these chairmen of the board are also nobility and tied to ancient houses of the Empire: I'm thinking that Relius was just one of the many that tampered with the supernatural. Shit's not going to be that simple: we are in a comfortable position to investigate behind the scenes. Taking center stage in this theater seems like a waste of time and energy.
Unless you want to play CK2: The Republic in text form (to which I say fuck that) instead of Arcanum: JRPG edition (interplay of supernatural and technology, anyone?)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not sure what mysteries of the world are actually left. You already have far more meta-knowledge than the protagonist has. though of course that has never stopped you guys from jumping to the wrong conclusions (perhaps the meta-knowledge might even be leading you astray). :lol:

Kipeci

Arcane
ABF is my gut reaction, but I kinda want to go with D over B... at the same time, we've really spent no time in the club. We need to practice if we want to survive that.

ABG

ScubaV

Prophet
A - It's gonna win. (+Erika points or maybe secret Shulgi bromance)
D - We need some fighting skills and this should double as providing exercise, much like B. (+Kyrie points)
G - Cozying up to the cult isn't exactly popular, but dammit I want the power benefits. (+Keiko points)

As long as the proportions are all the same, the Kyrie chapter ending should still be in place as I agree with Smashing Axe in regards to it being the preferable option. At the same time we'll pick up some useful skills and knowledge.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Kyrie has no power over the Throne she barely has the power to stop Rel's Advances on her. Keiko is corrupted totally by our 'sister' she leads straight to Cult Slave.

Erika at least comes from Immortal Stock having stupidly high Strength and Influence in the Dumais Group she is a Princess herself for crying out loud (in a similar position as Kyrie to be sure with her Brother in charge) still taking the Security Group over is preferable to a Princess in an Arranged Marriage.

And Yua is six kinds of wrong to Woo. A huge help if we go and do it I mean why wouldn't you want a super computer to help you.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A - 12
B - 8
C - 3
D - 4
E - 3
F - 4
G - 5

I'm extremely surprised that G is in contention for the third spot after all the baseless slander directed against the poor cultists for the last update. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
The cultists seem kind of bro now that I think about it: they worship Father Mother Dagon, experiment with superpowers and fight the decline.
But that's not why I'm voting for G, oh no, I want to unlock the secrets of the Innana flowers: combined with biological aptitude, which Shulgi can begin teaching us, we can juice ourselves up to extreme levels and maybe even start producing superhumans, given enough time to experiment. Suddenly that Magus Biologis Mengele idea sounds much better. Flopped my post accordingly.

Baltika9

Arcane
hell yeah, this is what i like to see. people getting our priorities straight: reading adventure novels, LARPing with katanas and getting high. Fuck learning self-control, going after murderers or uncovering threats to the world order. we'll make a codexer out of senya yet.
:lol: I do concede that I'd rather our boy learn fist fighting from Butterfield (after all it is a MAN'S sport, fuck those sissy-ass swords; also, his training regimen will cure us out of our physical frailness and we will rarely be in these helpless positions), but all of them open up some interesting opportunities for interplay later on.

Although I still say that I'd rather go and see the Great MHD and ask it for a boon (I'll laugh if it's Marduk trolling us "Thought you got rid of me, eh? Surprise, shit just got real!")

Esquilax

Arcane
Guys, I really think we ought to go after Relius and Gallardo - we have to put that final nail in their coffin so that they can't carry out their plans. We've been working towards it for an entire chapter, and we shouldn't ignore it.

Based on that, I'm voting A B E

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom