Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
B

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C - I'm throwing my lot in with Erika. I've no love for Keiko and her lies. The ISC is our future.

My current theory is that the leader of the cult wants to bone us in order to produce some Lovecraftian Great Old One. This is going to be some weird Dunwich Horror-esque incest, and if we're resistant will eventually lead to rape. Fuck Keiko and her sick twisted cult. We're going to need allies, powerful allies to protect our virginity for the good of all mankind. ISC has that capability. The farther Keiko is from us the more difficult it will be for her to plan our rape with the cult.

dagon1.jpg

This shit, this shit right here is what we're facing.

ScubaV

Prophet
I feel that B is going to be the bandwagon choice, but I'll pick it anyway. At this point we've gained a ton of information, I feel it's time to sit back and start assembling some puzzle pieces while we see the Relius plot through. I'd also hate to abandon the resources we have in Shulgi, Kyrie, and Erika. We can probably choose to visit the cult at almost any time. On the other side, Keiko did help us. We probably wouldn't have escaped without her, so I'm not about to throw her under the bus either.

Baltika9

Arcane
My current theory is that the leader of the cult wants to bone us in order to produce some Lovecraftian Great Old One. This is going to be some weird Dunwich Horror-esque incest
Yes! YES! It is the Mega Cthulhu I wanted all this time! YES!:bounce: Cthulhu Fhtagn! CTHULHU FHTAGN, YOU PUSSIES! We should have named Ankida as R'lyeh (let me guess, that was the name of the Gieloth capital?).

Ahem, voting B, but could flop to A. I'd rather take this time to see the Relius case brought to a close and read that book Shulgi gave us (considering we'll be on bed-rest, well have ample time), I'm pretty sure it will contain some hints as to what happened and what is going on. Edit: also, investiagte the cult, in case they're a bunch of Narams.
On the other hand, some opportunities need to be seized as they come. because later they will be unavailable.

P.S.: it seems to me that voting on the basis of bandwagon/anti-bandwagon will put us in even deeper shit than we've been in up to this point, as it doesn't base itself in logic but in "lol, bandwagon is always wrong." Just my two cents.

Bloodshifter

Educated
C

Dammit this is why I wanted the girlie dead but noooo you bleeding hearts wouldn't hear of it now we are comprimised EVERY power now knows about us so much for learning from the past and staying hidden we might as well put a gaint ass sign list Gieloth Descendent in front of our house.

As to the Hierarchy
1st: Sek / Other Living Gieloth (we never learned what happened to Seks sister that she turned into a Giant Womb)

2nd: Successful HUMANS who found the Womb for creating Hybrids / Full Gieloth

3th: People who have Chinese Hybrid Stock in us, took the Flowers, and Activated the Latent Powers.

4th~Xth: Random Humans

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wasn't the Dunwich Horror a child of Yog-Sothoth, who manifests as giant spheres? Hmmm.

Also, A would've gotten you killed in a trap. You fall while climbing the ladder in B2, and in C you troll Relius and Julius by playing up Relius's proposal to Kyrie and Julius's insecurity about her.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Senya is weak in physical combat but given the time to think and plan he's pretty effective. C would've given him that.

Kipeci

Arcane
Also, A would've gotten you killed in a trap.

The 'pragmatic' choice, folks. :smug:
Edit: also, if she wanted to drag us into the cult, why didn't she do it while we were unconscious and drained of our powers? Hoping that we keep her identity secret while she comes up with a plan to draw us in introduces the risk that we could betray her status as a cult member, a risk that wouldn't be present if she'd taken the opportunity right now to take us to the cult.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
B, we are just starting our power base here, and this way we have a way to run away and escape if things go sour(other than running off crazy into the woods like Ean's voices used to offer). Also with our mind based analytical power, now we should also have the biotech knowledge to make our own familiars, and I bet they could be much stronger than Julius's! Or if word (within the ISC) gets out that these are from Relius' secret lab, we can use ones that look like them and just blame whatever they do on Relius, assuming he doesn't get taken down by us before then.

Also I like the Gursu's tendon naming. I guess since Ean sort of conquered the Greeks their mythology didn't spread far. I wonder if there are more famous epics like the Iliad or Odyssey focused on Mesopotamia now?

Kipeci

Arcane
She already noticed what we were before we were unconscious and powerless. If she wanted to drag us off against our will, she'd have done it already.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That's just the first step to see if she can get us to go willingly. After months of attempting to coax us to meet with our "sister", they will inevitably resort to force. The less information they can acquire on our activities through her, the more difficult their kidnapping attempt will be.

Also, she "saved" our lives from a situation she got us into. We've no obligation to her, and I get the feeling a lot of you guys are voting B out of a sense of fair play.

Esquilax

Arcane
Agreed with Smashing Axe completely. She got us into this mess, we don't owe her shit, and we don't owe her a meeting with her fucking weirdo cult. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend - Relius and Gallardo might be ruthless bastards out only for themselves, but I doubt that the people that they oppose are any better. Let's take advantage of the initiative and turn the tables on both the cult and Relius.

C

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what C means. You actively want to drive Keiko away with that option, implying that you tell some people soon after arrival so that she is 'taken care of'. B just has you not tell for the moment since it assumes the cult is not an immediate threat. You do make a promise, but given how C also has you making a promise (and then breaking it), I don't think that kind of trickery is beyond the grasp of our protagonist.

Baltika9

Arcane
Look guys, right now we don't know a whole lot about anything: the Shin'ar, the Cult, our powers or even our origins. It's way too early to be discarding opportunities and burning bridges just because: we're in a more-or-less comfortable position right now due to our hustling. We have time to recover and consolidate and, most importantly, gather even more intel (I am extremely curious about Shulgi's book).

On the other hand, going to the Cult now may pay off: moar powers, moar knowledge and, most importantly, we'll make contacts inside and will be able to maneuver ourselves in a position to take them down (personally, I'm leaning towards this "Goddess" to be either Sek or a Master; this is complete speculation though) or keep them alive, as the situation warrants. But burning our bridges here is not the way to go.

Baltika9

Arcane
Dio used tangled webs? When we played him, it was balls to the wall, do or die. Sure, he had his moments but they were all due to treave.

This guy is the brains to Dio's balls (sadly; I wanted him to be more like 'Ol Shrapnel here) and brains are pretty much useless if they don't know what they're doing.
Take knowledge? Pray tell, how do you plan to do that (really, if you have a plan, I'm all ears).
you're thinking like one of them already.
Ahem
Yes! YES! It is the Mega Cthulhu I wanted all this time! YES!:bounce: Cthulhu Fhtagn! CTHULHU FHTAGN, YOU PUSSIES!
Thinking like them? That's just insulting, they are thinking like me.

Baltika9

Arcane
Extreme analytic skills, advanced information processing, superhuman reflexes.
Skill points invested into improved analysis and bullet time.
Nowhere do I see precognition or the ability to read minds. If I am missing something, please tell me.
Edit: forgot life energy absorption, or whatever the hell this heat is.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In the Meantime

“Sure,” I sigh. “That's fine with me. I won't say anything for now.”

“For now?” Keiko looks at me quizzically.

“This goes both ways. I won't say anything about you, and you won't tell anything about me. Is that fair?”

“Uh, I think it's a bit too late for that,” says Keiko guiltily. “The report went out while you were sleeping.”

“Great. What's stopping me from waking up next in the back of a van, bound and gagged for my sister's pleasure?”

“Hey, Senya,” Keiko looked annoyed. “My Mistress was very clear that you are to meet her of your own free will. I won't go against her wishes. Besides, for certain reasons she is unable to move around freely at the moment... she would visit you herself if she could.”

“I wasn't aware the cult had a code of honour.” I remark. “You guys seem a bit too sneaky for that, and there's too many unanswered questions.”

She looks away, biting her lip. “I won't say that every one of us can be trusted... but you can believe in me and the Mistress at least.” If Keiko considers herself to be trustworthy, then I'm not sure what that makes the rest of the cult. For now it seems that she isn't about to harm me.

“Nothing more about me, then. If she wants to find out more about me, I can talk directly to her about it. Can't I call her?” It would be safer for me to control the making of any calls from my side.

“That's... not possible, for the same reason that she can't meet you right now.”

“We can always do it when she is free, then. Let her know that. Don't you think she'll be more pleased to hear about me with my own words?”

Keiko seems to be conflicted. “I suppose... you might be right. You two really are siblings. That sounds like something she would say.” She smiles brightly. “I think the Mistress will be happy to know that you're thinking about her.” I wonder if it is her bias now that she thinks I'm her Mistress's sibling, but she seems to be easily convinced I'm doing it for her good and I don't mean them any harm. Well, I actually don't, but I won't be so confident as to predict what will happen in the future. For now, I'll have to live with this arrangement.

“We have a deal then?” I ask. She nods in return.

“Good,” I say. “What now?”

Keiko laughs and tosses a large piece of cloth onto my head. It's the same cloth that she had wrapped around her during our escape, and it still bears some faint traces of her scent. “Hey, this is not fair. How come you get your clothes back while I don't?” I complain. “Couldn't you have brought my clothes while you're at it?”

“Oh, no, I had my mother bring my spare uniform to me. Yours are still lost somewhere in Gallardo's lab. I think your friends should be here soon, so I'll be running off first. You better put that on quickly. See you around, Senya!” She runs off hurriedly with a backwards glance and a wave. There is a car parked some ways off; an older woman who is probably her mother is standing there with two men in black suits. Keiko greets her as she gets there, and they get into the car. It drives off. I watch as the car's red lights vanish into the distance.

If the cult is this close, did I make the right decision to agree to the deal?

I sigh again, shaking my head. Best not to jump to conclusions yet. I'll just be careful and observe the situation carefully; if they wanted me dead or captured they could have done so easily instead of leaving me out here naked and free.

I sneeze. It's really cold. Perhaps I should wrap the cloth around myself.

“Senya?”

Someone else is here. I slowly shift my body around so that I can see them.

Scratch that, there are plenty of people here.

“W-why are you naked?”

Kyrie is averting her eyes, her voice wavering. Erika is there too, her face having turned entirely crimson. She doesn't say anything and stares at me. And then there is Michael, huffing and panting – why is he here? Surprisingly, Shulgi and Butterfield are bringing up the rear of the pack. One of them has a wry, amused smirk on his face, while the other is very, very obviously unamused. This is going to take some explaining.

It looks like Keiko had tipped them off about where I was anonymously. Kyrie had received a call from Yua via my phone soon after I was captured, but it was cut off before she could ascertain my location. My phone is probably destroyed by now. Michael and Erika had been practicing at the club – now I feel guilty about ditching practice – and volunteered to help with the search. Kyrie had then gotten Butterfield involved, scouring the grounds in a helicopter. Even Shulgi appeared to lend a hand after Erika had given him a call, saying that he had nothing better to do. They probably would've found me sooner or later, but Julius had cleverly laid down some misleading tracks – that was probably why he had left the facility. That guy might be crazy, but he isn't exactly stupid.

By tomorrow, the laboratory had been raided by ISC officials. Even after all that, we still don't have enough evidence to tie Relius to the plot, other than Julius's mention of his name, while the involvement of the Dunamis group is still a mystery. To nail down Relius, with all his influence and power, we would need something more concrete. The location of the storage facility is unknown; Julius evidently didn't want to keep all his eggs in one handy laptop basket.

It's not like I was expecting a sworn affidavit with every detail of their plans, but that'd have been nice.

Julius has been exposed, however, and warrants of his arrest have been spread throughout the town. He must have another hideout somewhere, lying low from all the attention. The equipment confiscated from the laboratory belongs to the Apostles, and it is unlikely he can replicate his experiments anywhere else without those; his expertise is in biology and not engineering.

Thanks to the wonders of modern medical treatment, my tendons will heal pretty quickly, and soon my legs will be as good as they were before – that is to say, not very, though my strength continues to improve every day. There are still two months before Relius executes his plot – Kyrie tells me that the Emperor won't cancel his visit for something as 'minor' as this. Apparently Relius will also be in town when the Emperor is... he might be overseeing whatever he's planning personally. I can focus on accomplishing a few things before then...

A. Study the Epic of Ean. I'm not ruling out Shulgi hiding some useful information within, though it could as easily turn out to be a red herring.

B. Attend club practice – even though we only have three members, two short of the five required to challenge the kendo club, I could really do with the exercise. I could pick up some sword skills while I am at it too.

C. Shulgi offered to teach me how to develop better self-control through the self-application of first aid. He says that he has valuable lessons about that from his mercenary days.

D. Butterfield tells me that he can teach me CQC. Apparently if I'm going to keep dragging Kyrie into danger I better be damn well sure I can fight my way out of it, so he is offering me intensive training.

E. Aid the police in their search for the storage facility and Gallardo. My priority is to stop the plot before it can be carried out.

F. More details on the robots that the Indus Confederation are working on have come in. Development is being carried out in space, and it seems that both the Higashi and UNS have also noticed. The ISC wants me to aid with the initial blueprints of their own mechs.

G. Keiko says that her mistress sometimes uses a preparation of Inanna flowers to enhance her abilities. I might be able to stabilize and prolong my powers of perception if I do the same, and she will teach me how to make the concoction.

(Pick three. The three with the most votes will be carried out during the time skip.)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. I plan to meet up with Erika today to find out whether her uncle will let her join the club. (Erika +2)

B. I feel like looking for Kyrie in the student council room. I heard she usually hangs out there alone after school. Perhaps she has made progress with the investigation. (Kyrie +2)

C. There is a big sale today in the commercial area, and Yua’s asked for some rare cooking ingredients. There are also some upgrades for her that I can pick up; a great opportunity seeing as I'm sending most of my salary back to my family and don't have much budget to work with. (Yua +2)

D. I go with Keiko on her assignment. Rather than waiting for the ISC, this is also a chance for me to do some snooping around on my own. (Keiko +2)

E. After school time is club time! I spend time with Michael and practice the way of the warrior. (Weeaboo +3)

A. Track down the delinquents ourselves. (Kyrie +1, Keiko+1)
B. Ask the police to bring them in. (Kyrie +1)
C. Ignore them. (+0)

(If B or C,
1. Investigate Relius. (Kyrie +2)
2. Do not investigate Relius. (Kyrie +0))

A. I give in and let the princess do the search. Her reasoning is sound, and if the worst case scenario happens and Relius finds her, he’ll be less likely to do harm to her than he is to me. I’ll just have to do my best as a lookout to ensure she can escape safely. (Kyrie +1)

B. I insist on doing the search myself and persuade her to leave it to me. I should be able to find what we want faster, and on the off chance I do get caught, I have my powers to fall back on. As a lookout, Kyrie would also be able to intercept and distract him for a longer period of time should the need arise. (Kyrie +2)

A. I surrender to the man. It is an extremely risky gamble, but I highly suspect Relius is a member of the Apostles. If I can manage to reveal it to the Dunamis group, judging from their enmity towards that cult I could probably turn them on him quickly. I also have that body in the bathtub as proof that he is not what he seems to be. Furthermore, confronting Relius directly is the quickest way to verify his guilt and smash whatever he is plotting, and after having seen that corpse I have no doubt he is up to no good. (Kyrie +1, Keiko +1)

B. My mission here is to obtain evidence of Relius's misdeeds. Now that I've secured the information on his computer, my next step should be to leave the building safely. It is best that I retreat and analyze the data I've obtained - if I am captured, it is likely that I will not be able to hold on to my drive. Even if I've now been apprehended, I just need to escape the man. He is alone and I have my powers to fall back on. Furthermore, since he is sure I'm a cultist, the report he gives to Relius will be confusing enough to be a cover for me. (Erika +1, Yua +1)

A. Ask Kyrie to hand over the information to the ISC's board of directors. Their actions might just unwittingly stop Relius's plans from coming to fruition without us having to do any more dangerous stunts. (Kyrie +1)

B. Give the data to Erika's uncle, seeking his advice. If he already knows that I have Relius's data, I might as well be at his mercy should he decide to tell on me. At least if I meet with him I can have a better gauge of his character. (Erika +1)

C. Give the information to both Erika's uncle and the ISC. Why not do both? With any luck I will be able to get even more information from both sides, as well as put a wrench into Relius's plot while I'm at it. (Erika +1, Kyrie +1)

D. I will keep the data private for now. With time I can use the information and contacts inside to build a proper network of my own, amassing power to myself. Whatever Relius has got planned I can handle without needing to seek outside help – already I have gotten another lead in the form of Julius Gallardo. (Yua +2)

E. Fuck it, all his personal information, including the photographs he took and the dead girl I found in the bathtub, is going on the internet. Let's see how you like the court of public opinion, you smarmy murderer. (Yua +5)

F Give the data to Shulgi Erika's Uncle, given that he could have acquired the data anyway through force, it is likely that he bears me no ill will. After meeting with Erika's uncle and listening to his advice, use the data contained within to build my own personal power and network with the intention of thwarting Relius and expanding my role in the ISC. (Erika +1, Yua +1)

A. Shulgi looks like he runs a bookstore where the books try to eat him daily. He certainly is no mere store owner, even discounting his connection with the Dunamis group. There is something off about him – I will try to probe his background a bit more before entrusting him with the data. (Erika +1)

B. I do what I came here to do; exchange the data for Shulgi's advice. There doesn't seem to be much point in trying to achieve anything else for now. There are other things that await my attention, and it will not do to be side-tracked by his appearance. (Keiko +1)

A. Kyrie has asked me to meet her in the student council room after school. Though it could be about the investigation, it could just as easily be about pushing me down and forcing me to show her my tendrils. (Kyrie +2)

B. An uncharacteristically withdrawn Keiko, with bags under her eyes, had come up to me, asking me to go to the rooftop with her after school, where we wouldn't be overheard. She mentioned the name Julius Gallardo in relation to her investigation... this should be important. (Keiko +2)

C. There's been too much excitement lately. I'll just go home and tinker around with Yua. I think I might have really been neglecting her recently. I'll examine that book Shulgi gave me while I'm at it. (Yua +2)

D. After school time is club time! I spend time with Erika and Michael to practice the way of the warrior. (Erika +1, Weeaboo +3)

A. This is a welcome opportunity. Since he has so kindly shown himself, it would be remiss of me not to try and capture Julius Gallardo. This will definitely speed up my investigation greatly and probably set back Relius's plans significantly. (Keiko +1)

B. I try to escape through the stairs, breaking past Gallardo. It's too risky to try and take him on when I'm the one being ambushed. Best to retreat for now. I already have his confession recorded; that should be proof enough for Kyrie to get permission to send trained men to pick Julius up at our leisure. (Keiko +1)

C. I attempt to hold out as long as I can while getting Yua to call Kyrie and Erika for help. The layout of the rooftop should enable me to dodge the creatures long enough for the cavalry to arrive as long as I move smartly. (Kyrie +1, Erika +1)

D. I have my suspicions that Keiko is not what she seems. I go straight for her, hoping that this will be unpredictable enough to change my disadvantageous position. (0)

1. I activate my powers. It is now or never. (Keiko +1)
2. I do not use my powers. I should not be too reliant on them. (Yua +1)

A. I take the chance to escape immediately. I can always come back here later to satisfy my curiosity. Preferably with an army in tow. (Keiko -1)

B. I spend some time checking out the computer before I try to escape. I can also do something about Keiko.
1. I wake Keiko up and try to get her to help me. After all this, she can't be an ally of Julius's. Together we should have a better chance to escape. (Keiko +2)
2. I don't wake Keiko. I still don't trust her enough to do so. (Keiko -1)

C. I wait and rest. I am still able to activate my ability and use it to its fullest when I want to. Julius said Relius would come to talk to me personally. Once the two of them are here, I'll surprise them and take them out together, neatly solving this entire problem in one fell swoop. (Kyrie +2, Keiko +2, Erika +2, Yua +2)

A. There is no need for a promise. I go with her to the cult, where she claims my real sister is. If the answers are there, that is where I will go. I will leave the resolution of Relius's plot to others; with the exposure of Julius's laboratory his plan should be in shambles already. (Keiko +5, IMOUTO +5)

B. I promise to keep her identity a secret; I owe her that much. I'm staying right here, however. The matter with Relius isn't truly solved yet and I'm seeing it out to the end. I don't really want to leave everything I have here and go to the cult either. (Kyrie +1, Erika +1, Keiko +1)

C. I lie about keeping her identity a secret. I have no love for the cult, and their presence here is a danger. If I can drive Keiko away from the Academy, all the better for me. (Keiko points set to -10)

Points are useless if the choice ends up in a BAD END, but they're still there for the effect those choices have on the character in question.

I figured I might as well do this now since there's only a few more updates till the end of the chapter and we get locked into a particular path for the beginning of the next chapter. The huge allocation of points in that last update means that picking A would end the chapter early and stick you into the cult for the start of the second chapter. Picking C would damage your relations with Keiko almost irreparably.

Figured out a better way to represent that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom