Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait, where does he know Yang Xue from, well enough to recognize his technique? I assumed he was a prince who haven't had much interest in pugilistic matters before his exile.

Does he know any more about General Yang's story than the Abbess?

And on an unrelated note - since Xianglong Eighteen Palms is regarded as the strongest known unarmed technique, I have a vested interest in perfecting it. Is it at all possible to learn the whole set of moves via verbal instructions, or should we seek out other sources?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait, where does he know Yang Xue from, well enough to recognize his technique? I assumed he was a prince who haven't had much interest in pugilistic matters before his exile.

He's always been somewhat martially inclined, wouldn't have made it to Great status otherwise. He'd have heard of the name at least, even if he never fought it.

As for the Dragon Palms, you can complete it with verbal instruction, but only if it's from Qi Liuwu, who's perfected his understanding of the technique. It's not the strongest unarmed technique but the strongest palm technique, there's a difference.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A.

Lets hope that constables are competent enough to tell us that a stupid plan is a stupid plan.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, what sort of trouble would Qi Liuwu face if the fact that he taught the Dragon Palms to an outsider becomes known to the public? Can it be traced back to him at all?

Did Lingshu ever consider working in the constebulary? You know, with her ideas of righting the wrongs and making a reputation for herself.

Tribute

Arbiter
That was sufficient: the Imperial Constables did not need heavy manpower – instead of being a police force concerned with keeping public order, they acted more as detectives and wandering agents of the law, given power to travel the land and investigate serious crimes regardless of rank or status. They were also tasked with special missions for the Emperor whenever men and women of their skills were required.
Crap, we could have been Judge Dee.

I wonder, is there any chance of getting Wudang's sword and manual from Youxia City while we're there, or have they retrieved those by now?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I bet Zhang Jue knows about it as well, he's a smart man and Shun went to get the Minamoto in his service, he could guess.

Would't surprise me if Master Yao and the Frathouse picked it up someway.
Well, Qi Liuwu knows, naturally, but why would the Abbess or Yao know? We never told them or pursued any court related matters while we were with them. And Cao'er is not the type to blab secrets... or even talk any more than necessary, for that matter.

Esquilax

Arcane
Could this be Chanfeng?

Then there is a man older than Jiang Zheng, his hair white and his beard long who appears to be almost nodding off, and a very pretty woman in her late twenties who has a disinterested look on her face, focusing more on the papers in front of her than the words of her colleagues. The woman seems familiar to you somehow, but you cannot recall her face at the moment.

A beautiful woman in her late twenties would fit her description here, but we haven't seen the distinctive red scar on her chin. Wouldn't surprise me if crazy Chanfeng settled down with Yu at the Imperial Capital and decided to become a cop herself.

treave, did Jing make a manual for Qi Liuwu as Absinthe had suggested? Did he make any comment about how we got a hold of a Yang Xue move as well? That part he must have noticed. I hope we meet up again in the future and complete the full set of moves.

Obviously voting A here. What could possibly go wrong?

Nevill

Arcane
Could this be Chanfeng?
:lol:

Chanfeng is with Yu in Yangzhou visiting her old friends from Yuhua Hall.

It's a Tang princess that treave offered to introduce back when we discussed the Operation: Immortal.
“Fu Xia, Lady Suien, you will also travel with me to Youxia City. I will need your expertise there,” continues Jiang. The other young man gives an enthusiastic response, while the woman just frowns and inclines her head. Her identity strikes you suddenly – despite her age, she is one of Shun’s nieces, a daughter of his eldest brother. A princess by birth, she had renounced her royalty from an early age, opting to spend her life in scholarly studies rather than being a marriage pawn.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
We already have a trap and a reverse-trap. One more would be pushing it-

“Let me down!”

“Haha, no!” you laugh. “Just sit quietly and watch. A lady shouldn’t interfere in a proper duel.” You carry the struggling girl away from the fight. “No! I’m going to be defiled!” he doesn’t seem to be listening to you.
OHSHI~!!! :eek:

Tribute said:
Lingshu is currently still in "total bro" territory. She could shift toward "potential new harem member" if she wants to, but for now we're just bros.
But how long will she last if we withhold the medication? :smug:

Eh, I'm just happy to have her around in whatever quality. She lightens the mood.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, I wonder, what is the power ranking of our various techniques at the moment? Basically, I'd like to know how effective our techniques are relative to each other. For example, I am pretty sure that the Shouwang Claws is probably our best technique right now, but where would the Dragon Palm, Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style and Wuying Leipo Kick measure up?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, did Jing make a manual for Qi Liuwu as Absinthe had suggested? Did he make any comment about how we got a hold of a Yang Xue move as well? That part he must have noticed. I hope we meet up again in the future and complete the full set of moves.

Manual is made. He said he recognized it but did not make any further inquiries. Some things are best left in the past, especially since it concerns his brother. He has enough things to worry about in the present anyway.

treave, I wonder, what is the power ranking of our various techniques at the moment? Basically, I'd like to know how effective our techniques are relative to each other. For example, I am pretty sure that the Shouwang Claws is probably our best technique right now, but where would the Dragon Palm, Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style and Wuying Leipo Kick measure up?

Effectiveness varies depending on who you're fighting, why you're fighting, where you're fighting and how you're fighting.

But in general it's probably claws > kick > palm > sword at the moment. You haven't gotten the real heavy hitter moves of the Dragon Palms yet, those come in the second half. Though there's really little difference in actual 'effectiveness' right now. They're all very capable of bringing down a regular opponent, and against a stronger fighter it's more the matter of using the right approach and technique than whatever is more 'powerful'.

Tribute

Arbiter
Interesting that it takes up to the ninth move before you can use both hands. Or is that specifically referring to doing a different thing with each hand, as opposed to executing the same move with both hands at once?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Interesting that it takes up to the ninth move before you can use both hands. Or is that specifically referring to doing a different thing with each hand, as opposed to executing the same move with both hands at once?

different Xianglong Palm move with each hand simultaneously

You can use two moves at once, but within physical reason, i.e. you can't pull off Soaring Dragon and Abyssal Dragon at the same time, but you can combine Hidden Dragon and Fledgling Dragon.

Tribute

Arbiter
Ah, alright then. Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night, so I seem to be missing some obvious details.

How much of the Wuying Leipo kick did we manage to teach to Qi Liuwu? The whole thing?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He knows the first three sets now, with instructions for the remaining three.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I get the feeling that if we hadn't taught Liuwu the kick he would have died sometime soon. He might still die, though now he will surely put up a fight.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Also A for the choice. All roads lead to Youxia City.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom