Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
You promoted this mess, you can take the blame if it goes to shit.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait, I thought taking blame was a privilege and not a responsibility around these parts?

Baltika9

Arcane
If your vote directly kills us, it's your fault. If you didn't vote for the option that directly kills us, then you get to curse the existence of the ones whose votes did.

Simple rule.

Tribute

Arbiter
If you didn't vote for the option that directly kills us, then you get to curse the existence of the ones whose votes did.
Does this only count if you voted for one of the options that wouldn't have killed us, or do people who abstain get to do it? That doesn't seem fair.

Tigranes

Arcane
As an aside, if this actually does work, this will be a pretty unassailable excuse for our missing our appointment with Shun.

"Sorry bro, I had to go off and attain primordial enlightenment and become one with the universe. Don't worry about it, it's a martial artist thing. I'm back now, though, what did you want me for?"

Equally, another good excuse would be that we're dead.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, 17 votes for A so far. At this point there is no coming back, I think.

Might as well get it to 20 and see where we stand.

Tribute

Arbiter
As an aside, if this actually does work, this will be a pretty unassailable excuse for our missing our appointment with Shun.

"Sorry bro, I had to go off and attain primordial enlightenment and become one with the universe. Don't worry about it, it's a martial artist thing. I'm back now, though, what did you want me for?"

Actually that's a really bad excuse, given that we wouldn't be dead if we'd kept our appointment.

Elfberserker

Liturgist

Actually that's a really bad excuse, given that we wouldn't be dead if we'd kept our appointment.

Well not now, but then we would have pissed off and super powered Ahura messing up central plains status quo.

Esquilax

Arcane
Nah, if it kills us, we blame Baltika9 and Esquilax for getting us into this mess.

Just like we would have blamed you for letting Ahura Mazda Reborn run unimpeded through the Empire in a reign of terror with only the dickless and corrupt Douchebag Generation there to stop him. We'd be blissfully unaware of all the chaos we allowed to happen while we were off in the mountains deep in the middle of nowhere.

:troll:

But seriously, I pushed for a choice that I knew was incredibly risky because I felt that it needed to be done and that the consequences of remaining willfully ignorant of what was going on inside the Temple would be dire. I think you're being a little unfair here, especially since a lot of my theories and predictions turned out to be correct; the Fire Cult was trying to restore Ahura, and we had come just in the nick of time to stop it. Also, it wasn't an instadeath choice either (though of course this one could be).

I knew that coming here was very dangerous and could potentially kill us, but given the stakes and the potential consequences of unleashing Ahura on a weakened orthodox world, I felt that we had to step in and do something about it. I didn't push for this vote lightly, and I am not surprised that this current one has a high chance of getting us killed. From the way I read the update, it seems that Ahura has the potential to be even more powerful now than he was before his battle with Wang. Fleeing for safety when we were in a position to stop him before he could threaten anybody would fill me with a ton of regret.

It's easy to step back and say "Well, you shouldn't have done that!" if we die, but the reality of it is more complicated than that.

Does this only count if you voted for one of the options that wouldn't have killed us, or do people who abstain get to do it? That doesn't seem fair.

The key is to vote all the time for safe options every single time. If you're a coward, then you can constantly look like a wise sage in hindsight when a risky ploy ends up backfiring.

Tribute

Arbiter
So, 17 votes for A so far. At this point there is no coming back, I think.

Might as well get it to 20 and see where we stand.
Everyone but Baltika should flop to A, that way he literally can blame everyone if it kills us.

Absinthe

Arcane
Updated tally:
Code:
╔══════════════════════════╗	╔══════════════════════════╗
║        Voting A	   ║	║         Voting B	   ║
╠═══════════════════════╤══╣	╠═══════════════════════╤══╣
║asxetos		│A ║	║ERYFKRAD		│B ║
║Azira			│A ║	║Baltika9		│B ║
║profreshinal		│A ║	║Zero Credibility	│B ║
║Ganymede		│A ║	║XenomorphII		│B ║
║Rex Feral	        │A ║	║RealDDc		│B ║
║			│  ║	║			│  ║
║Smashing Axe		│A ║	║Jester			│B ║
║Tribute		│A ║	║GreyViper		│B ║
║Kipeci			│A ║	╟───────────────────────┼──╢
║Absinthe		│A ║	║Total			│7 ║
║Esquilax	        │A ║	╚═══════════════════════╧══╝
║			│  ║	
║Kashmir Slippers	│A ║	
║Lambchop19		│A ║
║ScubaV			│A ║
║Akkudakku		│A ║
║Nevill			│A ║
║			│  ║
║Tigranes		│A ║
║The Brazilian Slaughter│A ║
║Elfberserker		│A ║
╟───────────────────────┼──╢
║Total			│18║
╚═══════════════════════╧══╝
A-18 B-7
A leading by 11 votes.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I always wanted a Voice for Jing. Especially the voice of Angra Mainyu, the Zoroastrian god of evil.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

While we are it, maybe we get gender chance since the flame is trying to purify and create something at same time
ranceC.png
WHAT?! NO! NOT MY HYPERWEAPON! AS IF DESTROYING MY HAREM WASN'T ENOUGH! I WILL FIGHT THIS! BANKAI - ファックのオウムウォール (Parrot Wall Of Fuck)!

:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M
:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

GreyViper

Prophet
B for fun factor and I wonder what would happen if we prayed to the Nuwa's and offered her rest of the power we could not handle?

Esquilax

Arcane
Guys, I think we missed a hint. Absinthe Nevill Tigranes Lambchop19

The scrolls hanging on the walls flutter, strangely unburned. On the border between life and death, everything seems still and cold, despite the flames raging about you.
All flows from the Origin and returns to the Origin.

Why weren't the scrolls burned? What do you think the connection is between the scrolls being unmarked and the phrase written on them? I think this could be crucial.

My impression here is that the Eternal Flame burns impurities, while the scroll represents purity. By purifying our own qi and turning the Flame against Ahura, we become safe from the fire. Then again, it could be that I'm already biased because I'm voting A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom