Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It is on sale right now. Also, cheap bastard.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The tutorial said I can enable the grid during the battle. Can't find how. Where is the button?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a way to set the game as borderless windowed? Or windowed at all? There's nothing in the options menu (or maybe I'm blind).

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I am finding many more items placed about and resources seem a little less of an issue than in the beta.

Package seems tighter. Fun to play so far.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have to say I'm having tons of fun so far. I'm not far into the game, just lvl 5 and so far it wasn't too hard with my party setup on the recommended difficulty setting - Gaulen (2h axe), Barbarian (2h mace), Rogue (swords), Cleric (polearm / healer), Bard (inspiration / bow), Mage (polearm / fire / cc). The first real challenge now is to fight a boss which I have no idea how to kill but I guess I'll figure it out.

Imho the game feels a lot like Might and Magic, the whole character system, the map, the exploration, everything. What I don't like tho is that not all skills are shown from the start - With some characters I don't dare spending skillpoints since I often think "well maybe they unlock something mighty cool later?". I think the skills should be shown from the beginning but greyed out and with a level restriction. Or maybe I'm being popamole here, no idea :P

Well but really so far I absolutely love this game and cannot stop playing it. We'll see how it will motivate in the long run.

TigerKnee

Arcane
With some characters I don't dare spending skillpoints since I often think "well maybe they unlock something mighty cool later?". I think the skills should be shown from the beginning but greyed out and with a level restriction. Or maybe I'm being popamole here, no idea :P
Nah, you're right, it's kind of lame in that regard - why isn't a manual with a list of all that shit?

Being only able to assign skill points on a level up is kind of a weird technical thing to do too to compound matters.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Can I play the game without a Steam account? I don't want to make a Steam account and on the official page I only see Steam Edition and Boxed edition.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Can I play the game without a Steam account? I don't want to make a Steam account and on the official page I only see Steam Edition and Boxed edition.

Not at the moment unfortunately. But afaik they are planning to release it on GoG too.

While Lords of Xulima being on Steam shelves would help us greatly, we have no plan to limit ourselves to that platform.You will be able to acquire the game from our website, GoG and other fine retailers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...s-and-humans?ref=nav_search#project_faq_73658

Morkar Left

Will wait till it's avaivable outside from Steam.

Reminds me of Amberstar/Ambermoon and M&M.
What's the story like? Are you looking for becoming a god or is it more down to earth? Multiple choice dialogue?

V_K

Arcane
The story does suffer from being über-epic a bit, and that world map, while gorgeous, is highly inaccurate. But those are my only gripes with the game, having a blast so far.
Amberstar seems like a more apt comparison than M&M as positioning mechanics are a bit more complex than in average blobber and there are much, much fewer trash mobs. The ratio of non-combat to combat activities generally seems to be satifyingly balanced so far. That said, it's not a narrative-heavy game. More of an explorefag's delight than anything else.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seconding Grauken 's question.

I want the whole starvation mechanics and being only able to save in towns, but I don't want to get stuck either.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Winter Game Manual is coming. Some crowdfunding/deluxe edition perks just have to be released after a certain point, to make sure that the information (and content) within is as accurate as possible.

Physical boxes, CDs and goodies are going to be shipped all over the world, after all.

In the meantime, there is this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297937933. It's a bit minimalist compared to the real deal, but should provide some useful answers until the real stuff is out.
Seconding Grauken 's question.

I want the whole starvation mechanics and being only able to save in towns, but I don't want to get stuck either.
Normal difficulty is for game journalists :P

Frankly, I think most people active in the RPG community will want to start on Old-School Veteran. Get a feeling for the game, try out your first custom party, make all the wrong choices a few times, get your ass handed to you... then decide whether you *really* want to get into it and beat this thang, or enjoy it with minimal hurdles.

Of course, you can only achieve the highest score by playing on the highest difficulty setting :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom