Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lol, Activision lawsuit incoming

Phelot

Arcane
Schu said:
Tessera, thank you and I agree.

I would say that the only difference between you and me in this matter....is you call them "sheeple" and I call them conformists (which means the same damn thing basically), but these conformist idiots remind me of religious zealots (they just dont quit or go away). I just wish the "sheeple" would open their god-damn eyes and ears. If they did, Wesp would be nothing but a bad memory and good riddance. I will be the first to admit that Wesp is an okay modder and that he has some damn good ideas, but they dont belong in a patch and above all else...his lies are pissing me off. The bad thing about that is....I'm not even involved in this patch ordeal. I'm only an amateur modder who is trying to figure out how Python works in his favorite game and you have offered to help "anyone" who asks. And Wesp.....just keeps everything to himself. Talk about a control freak...he just wants to keep the information all to himself, without helping anyone except for his tight little group.

DAMMIT WESP TELL THE TRUTH!!! STOP CLOUDING THE MINDS OF SHEEPLE AND CONFORMISTS.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty sure those are sockpuppets.

Fascinating really.
Like a really stupid aquarium.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
At some point I looked at this thread and read the title as 'lawlsuit'. That word will never be the same again. Legality is such a fucking joke.

scient

Augur
SCO said:
Bloodlines is still full of bugs, some of them unfixable without a ASM wizard (like the one that does the morrowind code patch) or a complete new engine.

Neither Wesp or Tessera patches include any engine/exe fixes? Really?

bhlaab

Erudite
M4BE1R0 said:
What makes a man so batshit?

Was his brian destined to start glitching(LoLs ims o smart)so much from the start or is this shit triggered by particular experiences? Are crazy narcissists ever cured?

And shouldn't we call them patchers instead of modders? The irony is pretty good, though. Since tessera says his patch is just a patch and shit(I do know he also apparently does hentai mods or something)

what happened is that his father either didnt hug him enough or hugged him a little too much

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
SCO said:
Like a really stupid aquarium.

or like a bedroom where the walls and ceiling have been replaced with mirrors and there are speakers installed behind them playing back randomised tracks of his own pitch shifted voice complimenting him interspliced with archive audio of cheering crowds from nuremburg rallies and apple developer conferences

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Tessera is probably a Malkavian, and he just can't contain those voices in his head anymore.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
scient said:
SCO said:
Bloodlines is still full of bugs, some of them unfixable without a ASM wizard (like the one that does the morrowind code patch) or a complete new engine.

Neither Wesp or Tessera patches include any engine/exe fixes? Really?

Three fixes to outside dlls - one for a memory problem in 64 bits (overflow underreported memory), another for hardcoded refresh rate that caused problems, and a graphics bug i don't really understand (lights were showing over objects between them, possibly some kind of strange z-buffer thing).

I believe the main executable is "protected" by some variant of safedisk or securerom (though i was able to debug it enough to learn the functions that it expected for the python dll replacement i compiled).

scient

Augur
SCO said:
Three fixes to outside dlls - one for a memory problem in 64 bits (overflow underreported memory), another for hardcoded refresh rate that caused problems, and a graphics bug i don't really understand (lights were showing over objects between them, possibly some kind of strange z-buffer thing).

I believe the main executable is "protected" by some variant of safedisk or securerom (though i was able to debug it enough to learn the functions that it expected for the python dll replacement i compiled).

Ah ok, it looks like it uses old version of Safedisc (3.20.022). So I guess you'd have to use a binary with protection removed if you wanted to fix anything inside it. I'm curious the legal issues regarding this since Troika is defunct. I guess if I ever get bored working on SMAC/X or PST, I could always look at VtMB. Are there really that many engine problems? Can't really get distracted with it now, I need to finish up this update to SMAC/X patch. But hey, maybe in future something to look into if Wesp would be willing to accept it as part of his patch.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You know, if Tessera never did any nude mods at all for games, he would have NO followers at all.

Think about that for a minute....

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eyeball said:
What I don't get is: While buggy, Bloodlines was a playable game out of the box. Fan patches since fixed a bunch of minor and major bugs, which only made it better.

But Bloodlines came out more than half a decade ago and people like Wesp and Tessera still mod it, Wesp like a pleasant pasttime, Tessera like his entire self image and credibility depends on it. Why not take their talents to a newer game and improve on that by now? Surely, even a Troika game can't be so unfinished that it needs six years of tinkering with to be playable, especially if you're Tessera and are adamant about not changing anything in the core gameplay?

That's probably because there is no new and better game they'd like to fix?

I mean DA2 doesn't seem to have any bugs :smug:

Coyote

Arcane
Tessera could fill the Best Thread Ever on his own. At some point I started to collect quotes from his forums to post there, but I soon realized that I might as well just link to the whole place because every goddamn post of his is completely over the top and reeks of butthurt about Wesp/"prudes"/Steam/etc., attention-whoring, egotism, and so forth (to say nothing of his followers, who are either sock puppets or the saddest individuals I've seen in a while. Though I suppose if they're the former, they'd be the latter as well). I mean, practically everything that's been quoted in this thread is from a single thread on his forums, and it comprises all of his posts in that thread.

I'm torn between hoping he gets sued because of the hilarity that would inevitably ensue (and because he in many ways deserves it) and not wanting it because he's already so pitiable and clearly deranged that it just seems mean-spirited at this point.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
scient said:
Ah ok, it looks like it uses old version of Safedisc (3.20.022). So I guess you'd have to use a binary with protection removed if you wanted to fix anything inside it. I'm curious the legal issues regarding this since Troika is defunct. I guess if I ever get bored working on SMAC/X or PST, I could always look at VtMB. Are there really that many engine problems? Can't really get distracted with it now, I need to finish up this update to SMAC/X patch. But hey, maybe in future something to look into if Wesp would be willing to accept it as part of his patch.

They're not exactly easy to diagnose. Most annoying is one where objects suddenly get replaced by other objects - it's obviously a memory corruption somewhere, but finding where would be hell.

Truth to tell, dedicated coders would be more useful on the resurgence project - they're planning to use the source engine, that is almost completely compatible with the bloodlines one - but it's a mapper project, they don't have coders.

Only things missing are some animation formats, some map entities, the game HUD (a thing well documented in valve's docs), the python hookup (very easy to do, only two functions of the high level layer used) and the game dialog system (that should be easy to reverse, considering that even i can see the general shape of the algorithm), and a inventory system that is not hardcoded (there is lots of strings in the executable that refer to the objects ingame, which wouldn't happen if the system was generic - in fact, the original game has a fixed number of possible objects, which is obviously a problem for modders).

EDIT: actually there is one bug that trips lots of people:
http://planet-vampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=5651.0

Caused by the bloodlines mp3 reader not skipping added mp3 metadata i guess.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Konjad said:
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spammer suspected. Undesireable IP and/or e-mail address. User banned.
what the fuck
Lol, I get this "error" -
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Phishing will get you banned around here, Russkie. Bye bye.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Eyeball said:
What I don't get is: While buggy, Bloodlines was a playable game out of the box.
out of the box vanilla bloodlines cannot even be finished.

Gord

Arcane
So with Poles banned because of spamming and Russians because of phishing, are the Germans banned because of supporting Wesp or being suspected Nazis?

Edit:
He cared to enlighten us, although Poland is not mentioned specifically. Maybe not significant enough for an Übermensch like Tessera

Specifically... the following regions have been blocked from this server, amongst others:

CHINA -- nearly the entire fucking country has been blocked, thanks to rampant hacker activity coming from China.
KOREA -- same as above, although not as restrictive. The Koreans are nowhere near as bad as the Chinese, so I have set things up accordingly.
MALAYSIA -- about half of the country is now blocked (the worst half).
THAILAND -- same as above.
VIET NAM -- same as above.
NETHERLANDS -- same as above.
CZECH REPUBLIC -- same as above.
RUSSIA -- same as above, but the least restricted of them all. Only specific IP's from Russia that I know to be malicious have been blocked.
NIGERIA -- just about every single IP address coming out of Nigeria has been blocked. Stupid, backwards, scheming assholes. Buh bye, Nigeria.
PROXY SITES -- several hundred proxy sites worldwide have been blocked. Lots of people like to hide behind proxy sites, so that they can browse the web anonymously (can not be traced). This is often used by hackers and other people with malicious intent, as well as by people who are simply trying to get around an IP ban that they received from some website or forum board. Well... I can't claim to have blocked all of those proxy sites, but I sure did put a huge dent in them.

Edit 2: You should really read the announcements section of his forum... :M

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Only Ostdeutschland is Bestdeutschland. :smug: Still working perfectly fine here, so who's living in the better half? :>

Anyway, this forum is a goldmine. I could read this shit all day long. Can't wait till there's really some lawyer shit going on, butthurt 100% ensued.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Living in Berlin and I'm blocked. But then, I only tried to see if I could :M M: :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom