Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Live action RPGs

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Embarrassing? I think the live action scenes are the best part of Command & Conquer. They're adorably cheesy and awesome.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Andyman Messiah said:
Embarrassing? I think the live action scenes are the best part of Command & Conquer. They're adorably cheesy and awesome.

Night trap on the other hand...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wyrmlord said:
felipepepe said:
And that's why we don't FMV anymore kids. ;)
Because it scares people?
Because it get's old REALLY quick. Especially when using Chroma effects.

Andyman Messiah said:

:thumbsup:
Man, I played C&C sometimes just to see those.

Phelot

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:

:oops: Maybe you didn't have an older brother that would burst into your room right in the middle of Kane acting like a faggot. "WHAT IS THIS GAY SHIT???"

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
phelot said:
:oops: Maybe you didn't have an older brother that would burst into your room right in the middle of Kane acting like a faggot. "WHAT IS THIS GAY SHIT???"
I was the older brother, and showed Kane to my brother. "THIS IS A TRUE BRO!!!"

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Menckenstein said:
Andyman Messiah said:

Never had a Sega CD but I'll take your word for it judging by the screenshots I've seen. Isn't it pretty much agreed upon that Snatcher is the only good game on that platform?

phelot said:
Andyman Messiah said:

In what game is Kane acting like a faggot?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Command and Conquer IV, where he is actually an alien and just really misses his homeworld and wants to go back

Menckenstein

Andyman Messiah said:
Menckenstein said:
Andyman Messiah said:

Never had a Sega CD but I'll take your word for it judging by the screenshots I've seen. Isn't it pretty much agreed upon that Snatcher is the only good game on that platform?

I liked the Jurassic Park game but yeah SegaCD had nothing but awful games from what I can recall.

Menckenstein

sgc_meltdown said:
Command and Conquer IV, where he is actually an alien and just really misses his homeworld and wants to go back

Bro that was the Steven Spielberg movie "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I loved the FMV advisors from civ2.
civ2.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
phelot said:
Andyman Messiah said:

I locked my door when that Russian Sergeant was having a nice romp with Stalin in Red Alert Soviet Campaign.

I kept thinking...'whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Andyman Messiah said:
The Beast Within, the only good FMV-based adventure game.
Nonsense, Wrath of the Gods was pretty good:

45792801184380120001.jpg

Byzantine : The Betrayal too, althoug it went tottaly mindfuck in the end:

byzant4.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
felipepepe said:
Nonsense, Wrath of the Gods was pretty good:

Wow that brought back memories. To be honest, I couldn't even remember the name of this game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahah. Shit. MM6 is a weird trip. PICK ME PICK ME NO! PICK ME!

I remember a friend of mine who was really into Heroes of Might and Magic giving the 6th RPG series a spin for the first time on my pc. He was :) at the start, and right at the character creation screen he just :( and decided not to continue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom