Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List Your Guild Wars character names

PennyAnte

Liturgist
Everyone: List your character names so we can find each other.

Mine are Penny Ante (Warrior/Monk L7 ATM) and Sliver Penny (New Elementalist)

I'm exclusively playing as Penny Ante for now, at least until Lvl 20.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Major_Blackhart said:
When I get the game, I'm gonna try to use my codex name.
As mentioned in the other thread:

I tried that but the Bastards Wouldnt except anything like "Shagnak" a a first name. I guess cos it had "Shag" in it.

Currently using a Ranger/Mesmer called "Shaq Nak"

Only had time for a couple of hours last night. Got to 4th level.
Last seen asking people in Ashford Abbey how to ID shit. Then quickly worked it out.
Shuffled away to Barradin Estate before people could accuse me of n00bness ;-)

Anyone done any partying yet?
I already have two companions, so I never really got around to it.

Edit: guess we can use that "add friends" thing to make meeting and greeting easier...
BUt I have a feeling that some people will have more time than me, and will be level 20 before they know it. And who wants to travel with mr n00b? :lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fun fact: Double clicking a mutual friend on your friends list will teleport you instantly to his location if you have visited the area before. It won't work if he's in some late mission and you're only in the early missions though, but you get my meaning.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
By the way, it's possible to just copy/paste a name from this web page into the Guild Wars Friends list. Makes adding people simple. Also, if someone uses more than one name, you just need to add one of the names and its effective for any character on their account.

So for me, for example, just Penny Ante works for any character. For Ex, Just Rex Exitium would work.

Human Shield

Augur
Is the area just a newbie zone. Had a guy offer a quest that I couldn't come back from. The city gets "destroyed" right? Is all the explorable areas deleted? Do you have to do all the early quests or you can't come back once you get to Lion Arch?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Is the area just a newbie zone. Had a guy offer a quest that I couldn't come back from. The city gets "destroyed" right? Is all the explorable areas deleted? Do you have to do all the early quests or you can't come back once you get to Lion Arch?
Yes, this is just the newbie zone. Don't take the quest yet. Do it when you have finished doing everything in the newbie zone. The city gets destroyed and all the explorable areas and quests in the pre-searing Ascalon (that's what it's called) are inaccessible on this character. You don't have to do all the early quests if you don't want to but if you don't do them you can't do them later.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
@PennyAnte: good to know. Will try it later today/tonite

@Exitium: very good to know also! Haven't taken any of the quests that seem to point me through the "main plot" to Lord wothisface in Ascalon yet. The ones about fighting the coming hordes, right?

Seems to be a lot of pre-searing content then...

Edit: what level do you recommend being before having the newbie zone nuked?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
5 or 6 should be just fine, but I'd recommend completing all the content in the pre-searing area, and it really helps to have good armor which you can get by doing some of the short collection quests before you go to the post-searing Ascalon. It helps in the long run.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
Ex, I have seven skill points and can't buy any skills. The trainers that gave free skills also won't give any more. I can't hire henchmen, either.

This all changes after the Charr Searing, right?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yes, that all changes after the Searing. There's no skills to buy in the pre-Searing, because there's no skill trainers, just guys who give you skills for doing their quests. The trainers that give you free skills give you about 1-3 skills each (which are not random), and yeah, there's no henchmen to hire in pre-searing.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Exitium said:
there's no henchmen to hire in pre-searing.
Thats whats good about having me a pet cat thingy...and some strange girl who follows me everywhere saying inane things about the royalty. She appears to cast occasional healing spells on me, but is otherwise cutely annoying. :?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You should buy her all the stuff she wants. I'm not sure what that does, though, but I know giving her flowers makes her heal you more often and more efficiently.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
OKay, cool. I bought her a flute and that made her mighty happy.
If only all girls were that easy to please

Edit: maybe we should split some of this stuff off into a "general Guild Wars discussion", so that peoples' contact names don't get lost in the advice giving and stuff?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I imagine when I jumped on last night, there was a LOT of people. At the towns/hubs there were a heap of people milling around.
BUt I had minimal lag. And Im all the way down here in sheep-land. Was reasonably impressed; hope the network performance stays good.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
Same here. A little lag in a party, some skipping, nothing major. No black screens like diablo, and no outrunning the map and hitting a black wall, either.

Area load times are VERY quick usually.

Human Shield

Augur
Is it worth exploring the whole pre-searing map? I think the main thing to do is find the 6 quests that give you skills for primary and secondary.

What would happen if you never pick up res signet in pre-searing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom