Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I remember reading somewhere on here that Lilura was 30-something in 2018. Can't remember where though.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/women-on-the-codex.114858/post-5083656 Of course I would know exactly where to find this information.
That matches with this:
If you don't know who I am, I'm Lilura. I'm a 33 year old Hong Kongese with a master's degree in English.
I can buy Lilura being 38 years old.
It would explain her autistic refusal to play anything older than Fallout.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lilura was great but her "review" of Underrail was laughable. Lost a ton of credibility after that and was relegated to colorful Codex autist with the occasional good take.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Does Lilura do anything besides very opinionated blogs regarding cRPGs? The master's degree in english makes me think there's more content to be unlocked.
I think she’s an attorney as well, or at least a para

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So following Jezebel's demise, I was looking around for what else G/O Media owns and I found that it also owns Kotaku.

Then I went to YT and looked at Kotaku's channel, and they haven't uploaded anything in a week, with views for their previous stuff sitting at about 500 to 2000 views, the only exception being a video with a voice actress from BG III.

So all I'm wondering is: is she going to comment when Kotaku goes down? Because it's going to go down soon. And because I would love to see the flame.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Zionist Agent
Lilura lives and wrote a long piece griping about the state of cRPG commentary https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2022/03/cRPG-Commentary.html

Shots fired at MrEdders123:

Indeed, commentator literacy levels are laughably low. Thus the tendency of these twaddlers to take refuge in the more forgiving and informal video format in which marathon-length blabberings are not only par for the course, but celebrated by viewers with room-temperature IQs and free time in alarming abundance.

But if one were to skim over transcripts of such videos they would discover that, more often than not, almost nothing of value was said over the course of three hours. And what was said could be put into a bullet-list and skimmed over in a few seconds flat.

Mainstream RPG Game video-viewers are more impressed by rambling multi-hour videos than they are by concise writings that give them more information instantly. Possible illiteracy aside, that is because video-viewers are more interested in killing time than they are about being efficiently informed. Imagine having three hours of your life to waste on listening to what often amounts to naught but dribble.

She's referring to Tweed.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Why did she leave, bros? :(
Look at Codex GOTY choices for the past few years, Lilura just smelled the decline of this site earlier than most. In 10 years it will be indistinguishable from reddit and retardera.
2gi1lylqezh21.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why did she leave, bros? :(
Look at Codex GOTY choices for the past few years, Lilura just smelled the decline of this site earlier than most. In 10 years it will be indistinguishable from reddit and retardera.
Not likely, Reddit and retardera are also moving into crazier and crazier directions. Unless you mean of reddit and retardera of today. In 10 years that will still seem sane.

Gandalf

Arbiter
I'm not surprised that much, becuase I saw other non-cRPG being reviewed before on this blog. I wonder what will be the next step in this evolution.

Radiane

Cipher
..and I thought of the dragon lady as someone sitting in front of the pc with a selfmade chainmail bikini or smt.. these daydreams now went poof

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That said, Quake 2 is a great game. Much better than Half-Life.

Controversial-but-expected take. :lol:

A bit surprised that she doesn't mention how the game turns into total garbage even before Xen with the platforming section right before it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom