Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
WmfWDzv.jpg

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I remember reading somewhere on here that Lilura was 30-something in 2018. Can't remember where though.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/women-on-the-codex.114858/post-5083656 Of course I would know exactly where to find this information.
She said in this tweet that she's 35

I highly doubt she looks like this:

not if she's the broad in the jeans shorts

__scribbles__

Educated
I remember reading somewhere on here that Lilura was 30-something in 2018. Can't remember where though.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/women-on-the-codex.114858/post-5083656 Of course I would know exactly where to find this information.
That matches with this:
If you don't know who I am, I'm Lilura. I'm a 33 year old Hong Kongese with a master's degree in English.
I can buy Lilura being 38 years old.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Would make sense, considering her faith (gaming faith). This age-bracket is hardcore biased towards the 90's. It's a good bias, but let's not pretend nostalgia mixed with self-serving elitism is not a major factor here.

As for the article itself I find it's too scrambled and barely coherent. It's something an inteligent women would write at 1a.m. during her second bottle of wine. I agree there is much value in written analysis (whydoibother video reviews are 90% talking, the visuals are rarely informative beyond what screenshots can provide), but her arguments against long form videos are not really arguments. Just accusations of incompetence, applicable to many creators, but not representative of the quality of content available.

I really wish she was here sperging with all of us, she was a great fit.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I watched the entirety of the Nox video (essay) and most of it was reviewing old reviews (not to say this is uninteresting). Lilura is right, regardless of her self-awareness.

Ryzer

Arcane
Roguey, any idea what him/her/xir twitter account might be? no stalking, just public stuff about Lilura.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I watched the entirety of the Nox video (essay) and most of it was reviewing old reviews (not to say this is uninteresting). Lilura is right, regardless of her self-awareness.
She's very tunnel-visioned about only focusing on what's in the games themselves, I actually do care about behind-the-scenes, developer intentions, and initial reception, even if she doesn't.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
She's very tunnel-visioned about only focusing on what's in the games themselves, I actually do care about behind-the-scenes, developer intentions, and initial reception, even if she doesn't.
Any 'dexer should watch and appreciate Warlockracy on YouTube. 30-60 minute long game reviews, and maybe half of it is actually directly about the game. Yet much better than dull written analysis, as if made by a chatbot, with zero soul and personality.

Ryzer

Arcane
Any 'dexer should watch and appreciate Warlockracy on YouTube. 30-60 minute long game reviews, and maybe half of it is actually directly about the game. Yet much better than dull written analysis, as if made by a chatbot, with zero soul and personality.
Meh he's boring, and he lurks here under an unknown account.

janior

Arcane
Patron
he likes shitty fallout/morrowind mods too much

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Does Lilura do anything besides very opinionated blogs regarding cRPGs? The master's degree in english makes me think there's more content to be unlocked.

__scribbles__

Educated
Does Lilura do anything besides very opinionated blogs regarding cRPGs? The master's degree in english makes me think there's more content to be unlocked.
She 100% has an alt here. You'll know who it is when they start speaking like a Baldur's Gate wilderness area NPC who gives you a one-liner about Jagged Alliance 2 before walking off the screen, never to be seen again.

MerchantKing

Learned
She 100% has an alt here. You'll know who it is when they start speaking like a Baldur's Gate wilderness area NPC who gives you a one-liner about Jagged Alliance 2 before walking off the screen, never to be seen again.
I've never played Jagged Alliance. No Gnomes so it doesn't seem like it would be very fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom