Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's twist MCA's words until they don't sound retarded

Bucknasty

Novice
Revan was somewhat memorable the way he was presented in KotOR, but I didn't really think twice about him until he was described more indepth in TSL. He seemed selfish to me that he would leave everything behind(acting as if only he could handle the weight of the world), but that might be what obsidian was going for.

Texas Red

Whiner
Bucknasty said:
Revan was somewhat memorable the way he was presented in KotOR, but I didn't really think twice about him until he was described more indepth in TSL. He seemed selfish to me that he would leave everything behind(acting as if only he could handle the weight of the world), but that might be what obsidian was going for.

According to some hints Revan went off to fight a larger threat that only he saw. Maybe the true Sith, I don't know SW lore. In any way it adds to the mystery and larger than life character of him. KotOR 1 lacked any characters with whom you would really want to converse, they were all small.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
Lumpy said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
How many times has MCA done this already? I recall that this happens at regular intervals.

I still believe he is just overtly humble and respectful towards others.
Then what's the deal with the "Needed moar combat" thing?
I blame the failure of the free market.

He did have a point with better combat, though.

Also, one could argue for scripted sequences better for presentation, but not at the expense of text - castrating PS:T's beautiful writing would be teh utter fail of epic proportions.
hm I duno. Long texts. Nice Cutscenes. Somewhat...C&C to shape your character.Crazy setting, think: ALLEYWAY GIVING BIRTH ZOMG! I think he could re-release it as a TB-Combat JRPG and it'd rock and have japanophiles worshipping his groin.
That mordom cannon animation took as long as guardian force in FF8 anyway!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Individual said:
Bucknasty said:

According to some hints Revan went off to fight a larger threat that only he saw. Maybe the true Sith, I don't know SW lore. In any way it adds to the mystery and larger than life character of him. KotOR 1 lacked any characters with whom you would really want to converse, they were all small.

The gap in writing between K1 and K2 was fantastically wide. But the amount of writing and reading turned my friend off who preferred K1.

Kreia just made things soooo complicated. But not pointlessly so. I enjoyed reading it. I totally loved it when a sequel can make me look back at the previous installment and look at it in a different light. Needs more games like this. If MCA does Oblivion 2. HOOHOHOHO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom