Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

laclongquan

Arcane
Too smart for our own good is being referred to this bloody mess of a chaotic time. An outsider for a Prince, FFS!

IF we had been really smart, we would have managed the situation so that Kirkberck didnt get kicked out, Erika still in, and we holding the Whitehall barony. That way we hold real influence with the prince's faction, and keeping the pond clean/quiet.

Since we were too smart for our own good, we just had to draw Eames in first and not Erika. Erika and her boss Prince Kirkbeck hadnt shown much political acuity so far (Kirkberc bungled the Rannigan affair badly) but Eames hadnt shown any error yet. Logically we should have drawn them in first instead of Eames. Since we're too sharp, we went to the Regentia of Tremere first, with the intent to ally with barons and destabilize the prince. THAT lead to her hogging almost all credits, allied with Turcov to imprison Kirkberc, and creating an unstable political atmosphere in London.

I admit that I urged Erika option because I leaned toward furry romance, not because I calculated correctly the political equation. Still and all, the Codex consensus to follow Eames proved that we were too smart for our own good.

Dont get cute, chaps.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Dude, we have to kill them (the hunters), and just hope there is no necromancer handy to question the wraiths. Soulforging the wraiths ourselves would be better yet. There are FAAARRRRR too many ways this can go wrong if we present them to the barons.

Can't we just edit their minds through dominate so they really believe what we want them to believe, or is there a way to easily undo that manipulation?

Also laclongquan, I don't know why you keep on going on about how we screwed up the last game, from what I see we've done extremely well for a lowly 13th generation young upstart and command a far more powerful position (Albeit unstable) than when we started. Yes, we were foolish to warn Erika instead of smoozing it up with the barons, but sometimes shit happens, at least when (if) she returns we'll have someone else we can trust (and use).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

laclongquan said:
I admit that I urged Erika option because I leaned toward furry romance, not because I calculated correctly the political equation.
If it helps, I think the real reason Erika had to go was that - everyone's favorite vase smasher - grotsnik himself didn't seem fond of the idea of turning this into a 'furry romance'. Correct me if I'm wrong here, grotsnik.

Esquilax

Arcane
Kinda ambitious to use it to influence the election, but it seems doable...

Go big or go home.

By the way, I am with you on the careful planning HOWEVER... this plan is only good so long as people don't know about our ghoul squad. The minute they figure out we've got a ghoul squad, we are dead in the water and we'll have to nip it in the bud.

However, what SCO said is also important so I say that we need to deliver a killer as well. We need to identify a Hunter (don't ask me how). Our ghoul squad must approach this guy and tel him "We're sort of Hunters ourselves and we're out for the blood of this powerful vampire. You in?" During the raid, the Hunter gets a bullet in the back of his head and his corpse ends up before the Barons. We don't want the kindred to start an open-ended search for a killer. They must be convinced that they already know who did it. The Venetian envoy should be told not to make waves with some stupid investigation and to push Vogler as the best candidate fast.

How do we find a Hunter? Easy, by drawing attention to ourselves - Donnie would be proud! Mandrake has been looking for us for a while - we show up at one of these soirees that Humphrey has been begging us to go to, and then I'm sure our mystery man will no doubt follow. Meanwhile, at this point Humphrey will no doubt have info on the man (i.e. what he looks like, where he lives) that one of our guys will be able to follow him and obtain something suitable for use. If it turns out he's just some shithead columnist, get Cripps to savagely murder the guy, Sabbat-style. That'll no doubt draw the sort of attention we seek.

If we do get Hunters on our ass, I believe that some housing renovations would be in order. They'll get carved up by our traps before they even reach us, and we can pick off a suitable trinket from their dead bodies.

Honestly, I think that that part might be unnecessary. As long as people are really scared and we're able to lead them into thinking the way we want them to think through distraction and misdirection, making this thing a perfect frame job might not even be needed if we're in good with the Camarilla envoy. As long as the big man from Venice believes us, we're in the clear. Fuck, imagine if we're made head of the investigation on top of that - glorious. Also, as I've mentioned before, Kindred will be vying for a new piece of real estate, so we might take advantage of their selfishness in order to mislead them.

Now we move on to Phase 2: Picking out our target and getting info on their living quarters. We can do this either (1) ourselves, by ingratiating ourselves with one of our colleagues, as mentioned before, (2) with Eddie faking a defection. Despite being a hitman, he is also a sociable cat, so if he tells our target that he no longer wishes to be attached to a sinking ship like Anthony Sommers and he wants employment elsewhere, it will get our target to lower their guard. Lastly, another possibility is (3) Mr Cripps. Yes, he is a Nosferatu... BUT if we tell him the details of our plan and offer him the possibility of advancement - say, a position such as Scourge that he would excel at - he might be more than willing to keep quiet. Then, once we've ensured his compliance, we get him to sneak through our targets home to get a sense of the layout.

Phase 3 is debriefing our ghoul squad. For this, we'll meet up at Highgate Cemetary outside the secret tunnel from our home in Witanhurst. We tell them who the target is, fabricate some sort of terrible crime they've done, make it really melodramatic to stoke morale. Then, we give them info on the layout of the place, what sort of resistance to expect, where our target is likely to be sleeping, etc. from Phase 2. Now, the attack will be sure to make a ton of noise and draw police attention, so it's imperative we call Humphrey and tell him to make sure that the police believe that this operation is some sort of anti-terrorism raid or something.

Then after that, all that's left is to carry out the deed itself...

We could even have a certain well connected harpy start investigating said group of hunters beforehand. That way we'll have some other incidences to add to the list of crimes committed by the untermensch vampire hunters. Plus, that would allow us to say that we've been investigating them on our own and it'll hold water when they ask Costello if it's true - might even add to our credentials and get us put in charge of the investigation.

Nice. I like this.

I'd also suggest that it may be unwise to tell Vogler about any of this. He doesn't need to know for the plan to work and he may try to doublecross us later with the info.

It's probably better to keep everything here as close as possible. The more Kindred who know about this, the more likely it is to spill into disaster. That's why I initially suggested Anthony determining the layout of our target's home himself; he isn't going to rat himself out. Vogler would not try to doublecross us because he stands to succeed even more than we do from this plan. He'd look every bit as complicit in it as Anthony.

We may not have to kill the baron. We could just stash him somewhere safe (not where Cripps or even our boy Eddie have acesss to him - if we had fortified the house I might suggest at the bottom of the blood well, but that may be too easy for Cripps to find) and then diablerize him once everything's died down. This wouldn't arouse suspicion immediately as hunters have been known to stake and kidnap other vamps. The difficult part would be overcoming the tell-tale streaks in our aura once we actually eat the old fart. Unless of course there's some other easy way to track down a living vamp that I'm forgeting about, it might just work... Or it might screw completely us like I said earlier.

Let's sort all those details out later. This mission is going to be hard enough as it is without trying to stake our target. Besides, we would be attacking in the daylight; no way our ghouls would be able to transport our target under the heat of the sun.

Besides, if this all works out, we will have offered Vogler the whole fucking city. We can ask for whatever the fuck we want in return - I would demand no less than a staked Bishop Dubrik to be delivered at our feet, along with a bib, napkin and fine silverware. :smug:

Esquilax

Arcane
Also laclongquan, I don't know why you keep on going on about how we screwed up the last game, from what I see we've done extremely well for a lowly 13th generation young upstart and command a far more powerful position (Albeit unstable) than when we started. Yes, we were foolish to warn Erika instead of smoozing it up with the barons, but sometimes shit happens, at least when (if) she returns we'll have someone else we can trust (and use).

LOL lac was the one who was pushing for everyone to warn Erika (who would seen where the wind was blowing and left London anyways) when the much wiser play was to ingratiate ourselves with the Barons who now hate us. Oh well, live and learn. If word gets out that we're Seneschal to a Gangrel Prince, I think she'll be coming back for sure. What an enviable position to be in - Seneschal to a very unlikely candidate, along with a Sheriff who is an old and trusted ally. Fucking with Anthony would be practically impossible at that point.

Also, it must be said: ironyuri originally thought this plan out, though like a true :obviously: Ventrue, I shall nevertheless take credit for it. Much like how everyone thinks the original idea for the Angelos hit was mine when it was actually SCO's and I was actually skeptical of it at first.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dude, we have to kill them (the hunters), and just hope there is no necromancer handy to question the wraiths. Soulforging the wraiths ourselves would be better yet. There are FAAARRRRR too many ways this can go wrong if we present them to the barons.

Can't we just edit their minds through dominate so they really believe what we want them to believe, or is there a way to easily undo that manipulation?
Dominate instructions will not stand up to good old fashioned interrogation ... he might believe it, but it doesn't mean that the interrogator will - questions like : "who suggested it. What were they wearing" etc; and it's even worse if they have more than one: they can compare their respective hallucinations. It's best to minimize the "edition" of memories, and let their natural inclinations lead them on.
To get it fool proof you'd almost need a startrek hologram room... or a powerful ravnos (damn).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Devious plan.

Reminds me of the scheme Dark Lord Naga Sadow hatched to gain supremacy among the Sith after the previous Dark Lord died without clearly indicating an heir. Obviously I love it!

We might also want to find the other diablerist in the London cammies, to blackmail him to teach us how to hide our own aura. After we take the step, the blackmail stops being useful and he has a equivalent hold over us, so if approached correctly there should be no hard feelings.

There is no "other diablerist" in London. You're reffering to the info we got from Bishop Dubrik on "a diabolist". Notice the subtle difference. Remember the scene we saw? That was all about infernalism, and probably meant Eames.

Let's sort all those details out later. This mission is going to be hard enough as it is without trying to stake our target. Besides, we would be attacking in the daylight; no way our ghouls would be able to transport our target under the heat of the sun.

Two words: body bag.

Besides, if this all works out, we will have offered Vogler the whole fucking city. We can ask for whatever the fuck we want in return - I would demand no less than a staked Bishop Dubrik to be delivered at our feet, along with a bib, napkin and fine silverware. :smug:

To that order we must make sure Vogler is very well aware of his benefactor. Dubrik's far away though, and an elusive target. I doubt we'd get to consume him anytime soon.

Now, the other Kindred we *must* tell everything is the co-commander (or executive officer) of our ghoul squad, Edgar Fellowes. Best to introduce the plan to him in Vogler's presence, so that if he disagrees, the would-be Prince can tackle him.

Esquilax

Arcane

Dominate instructions will not stand up to good old fashioned interrogation ... he might believe it, but it doesn't mean that the interrogator will; and it's even worse if they have more than one: they can compare their respective hallucinations.
To get it fool proof you'd almost need a startrek hologram room... or a powerful ravnos (damn).

SCO... relax. Yes, we have to cover our asses, watch out for loose ends and that sort of thing, but we don't need an airtight alibi for every single possible thing that could conceivably go wrong. That's an impossible task. We watch out for ourselves, of course, but misleading the Camarilla by exploiting the climate of fear that a murdered Baron would create is just as effective as any fabricated piece of evidence. We want our colleagues to be afraid, distracted and hopefully too consumed with the idea of trying to claim domain over a newly opened Barony to even start investigating the matter thoroughly to begin with. That should be our first line of defense, while our second line of defense would be evidence fabrication and the elimination of loose ends.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Investigations flounder on lack of evidence - just saying: leave as little as you can, and try to get in charge of it anyway, so you can mislead/frame and have early warning if bailing out is needed.

Speaking of that? Bailing out where? It's make it or burn really isn't it? No other major faction will take us on.

Also if everyone wants to ditch humanity and go with the souleating - question for the ST : are you going to roll for success, or partial success? Use willpower? Are we going to have humanity of 1?

I like these rules (from this thread), replacing str for will.

Extended Strength challenge
Str+potence diff 10
You can spend will, pump stats or whatever
4+ successes=New discipline
Success=you drop gen
Failure=Failure
Botch=something special happens ;)
Storyteller rules on how much of the elders spirit remains in you (plot device)

Then again, all this trouble just to go from 13 to 12 is kinda ridiculous. If we are going to get that "one gen jump" rule, we should start with some bum anarch vamp off the fucking street.

grotsnik

Arcane
The Twelve Council Members

Rodyon Turcov: Ventrue Primogen, Baron of Mayfair

With his new-found territory in the heart of London, Turcov has moved into the fashionable 50 Berkeley Square, once, legendarily, the most haunted house in the city, where at least three Kine are said to have died of fright or committed suicide having spent the night there. Now, however, the house is quiet, and a splendid, fortified base from which Turcov may both gather his mostly Toreador artistic court and network with his new neighbours; the incredibly wealthy Russian oligarchs and Saudi businessmen who dominate the leafy squares of Mayfair.

Weep-Not Sorley: Nosferatu Primogen, no baronies

Sorley is still around, that much is certain, and fouler of mood than ever before; he still attends councils, but the location of the new Nosferatu headquarters remains disputed and he sneers off enquiries, both public and private, about the new base and his latest surveillance. Without a prince, nobody has yet felt up to challenging him, but there can be no doubt that a confrontation is on the horizon.

Aldous Fesk: Malkavian Primogen, Baron of Angel

There are whispers that the bizarre trends amongst London hipsters in Islington and Hackney for absurd, brightly coloured clothing are the direct result of a prank committed by the usually dour and miserable Malkavian primogen. Fesk himself lives in a penthouse at the very top of a comfortable block of flats; his closest allies say, half-joking, that he claims he likes to be able to see when the dawn's coming.

Riva Santangelo: Toreador Primogen, Baron of Camden Town

Camden is a smaller, grubbier city in its own right, it's sometimes been said, a filthy and rotten little Amsterdam and so the elderly Toreador primogen, in a calculated and occasionally desperate attempt to remain ahead of the curve in a city whose cultural edge shifts by the week, prefers to remain out there whenever possibly, claiming that the latest art installation or beat poetry event is far more thrilling than the traditional Toreador haunts in Soho and the city centre. She's said to live in a houseboat on the canal, though this remains highly disputed.

Frank Biggs: Brujah Primogen, Baron of the East End

The East End, filled with anarchs and powerful Giovanni, is hardly prime real estate, despite its size, history and the value of Canary Wharf and the Docklands; and it's even more of an irritation to a formerly labouring-class Brujah who has to endure constant taunts about his Camarilla allegiance. Biggs, to be fair, makes an effort; he's attended anarch meetings in the past and attempted to lecture them on the value of changing the Camarilla from within (unpopular) and courts Kine trade union leaders, like a half-arsed version of the Ventrue he wrongly believes he can outsmart. He sleeps in a converted warehouse off Mile End, surrounded by guards to protect him from his 'enemies' on all sides. He's being paranoid, but that doesn't mean he's entirely wrong.

Shaul Artzi: Tremere Primogen, Baron of Lambeth, Regent of the Lambeth Chantry

Lambeth was once the great centre of British alchemy; overwhelmed by the Victorian breakthroughs of the Greenwich chantry, however, it soon fell into relative disrepair. Artzi, a wistful bespectacled scholar of the old school, had rather come to enjoy being able to focus on his studies while Samantha Eames did the politicking on behalf of their clan. He is currently rather shell-shocked, therefore, both that he is suddenly being called upon to represent the Tremere, and that a great many Kindred are now calling for their removal from the city.

Eda Sly: Ventrue Baron of Southwark and Lewisham

Eda is one of the elder Ventrue in London, an old Victorian Kindred who lobbied (unsuccessfully) against Prince Kirkbeck after the fall of Anne Bowesley, which led to her dismissal to her relatively unimpressive barony on the outskirts of the city. Her bitterness has proven her weakness; rather than attempting to re-learn the new Camarilla social structure and work her way back up it, she's stewed and brooded in her rooms over the old Clink Prison on the southern banks of the river, cursing johnny-come-latelys and especially Turcov, who is her elder but a foreigner, and should not, therefore, be primogen. With Kirkbeck's death, she's begun to speak up more loudly, stating that it's her turn now; she is most likely bound to be disappointed once again.

Andre Carabas: Toreador Baron of Bexley & Havering

This dandyish Toreador has made himself both relatively trusted (by loudly proclaiming a disdain for backstabbing and politics) and somewhat indispensable (thanks to his skill in containing both valuable antiques and Kindred gewgaws). He rarely bothers spending much time in his unimportant and unimpressive barony in the far eastern suburbs of the city, dwelling instead in a nick-nack store just off Portobello Road.

Anthony Sommers: Ventrue Baron of Whitehall (for now)

It's you. You know who you are.

Digby Deeds: Toreador Baron of Wimbledon

The final agreement between Sommers and Turcov (the last time they've spoken in the last few months) which led to Sommers taking Whitehall made it clear that the young Ventrue wished to be rid of the poisoned chalice of Wimbledon. Deeds was, everybody knows, one of Turcov's Toreador courtiers, but nobody has quite been able to ascertain exactly what the dull-eyed, handsome preener did wrong to be exiled southwards to the now ill-reputed barony of Wimbledon.

Earl Godrick: Ventrue Baron of the South

The South is barely Camarilla anymore; it's well-known. Certainly Godrick, another of the city's oldest and most aristocratic Ventrue, does not bother trying to keep control down there or combating the Sabbat, but keeps to either his Cavendish Square home or his mansion in Surrey; he is most notable these days for his continued chairmanship of the Taurien Club, the elite and currently sparsely-populated private club intended to be a gathering of London's most important Ventrue. Anthony Sommers has yet to receive his invitation.

Jacqueline Dee: Ventrue Baron of Richmond & Hounslow

Another of Turcov's friends, and a childe of Lady Anne's herself, the highly intelligent but slightly subservient Dee was a disappointment to her ambitious sire, and spent many of her years as a fledgling as a kind of Ventrue intern, shuttled back and forth between her elders, until she found a position that truly suited her - as a solicitor and accountant to the city's wealthiest Kindred. Though she now holds a barony, it is clearly as a favour to her patron Turcov; Dee is most contented managing the power of others.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Rodyon Turcov: Ventrue Primogen, Baron of Mayfair

Effectively Turcov is too much for us now.

Weep-Not Sorley: Nosferatu Primogen, no baronies

No decisively not.

Aldous Fesk: Malkavian Primogen, Baron of Angel

Better let the Malks out of this.

Riva Santangelo: Toreador Primogen, Baron of Camden Town

Eligible.

Frank Biggs: Brujah Primogen, Baron of the East End

Better avoid this guy, too much trouble.

Shaul Artzi: Tremere Primogen, Baron of Lambeth, Regent of the Lambeth Chantry

Bad idea.

Eda Sly: Ventrue Baron of Southwark and Lewisham

Good target, we could even be able to put this on Turcov.

Andre Carabas: Toreador Baron of Bexley & Havering

Waste of time.

Digby Deeds: Toreador Baron of Wimbledon

Caine forbids.

Earl Godrick: Ventrue Baron of the South

Almost perfect.

Too much hassle for nothing.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Yoo much hassle for nothing.

She's 7th generation (childe of Lady Anne - who is dead). The "leader" of the camarilla is 6th (actually he's faking 5th).

laclongquan

Arcane

Dude, read again. I've always telling everybody that we are doing well. It's the moaners that complained. We are doing as well as it can be, given that the Erika route is no sure way to kick our dear ol boss out.

I reiterate: Choose D to stand behind Vogler, find out about his backer, yet not expending too much of our resources. Also, Use Vogler to consolidate the considerable groups of Gangrel in the Heath, further pacify our controlled region.

EDIT: it also has the benefit of surefire benefit: win or lose we gain the friendship of Gangrel.

grotsnik

Arcane
Potential Princely Candidates

Julian Fox

You'll know this one, Patrician. Ventrue, one of the old aristocratic guard who reinvented himself as the modern globe-trotting businessman. Studied under Lady Anne, left to consult Kine princes in the Middle East and stayed alive despite a few wrangles with the Ashirra. He'd be a damned popular choice in the city - I might even go so far as to say he's the obvious horse to bet on, and he'll certainly have no difficulty finding friends. The problem? Some people are saying he's considered a bit of a light-weight in Venice - that his years adventuring outside Europe are rather looked down upon.

The Pellmell Queen

Bit of an odd one. Malk, obviously; she spent a great many years performing around Europe. Got her own little travelling court. She claims her madness allows her to speak with past Kindred (though it's hardly something she's in control of, per se); there's plenty have dismissed her as a charlatan or, you know, a Malk, but she's been presented to elders over the decades and some of them have been rather impressed. And now the whisper factory says she's on a boat to London to ask 'Mithras' who the new prince should be, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she recommended herself.

Amelia Britt

Yeah, I know. That pint-sized Brujah Prince in Birmingham who stays popular mainly by constantly complaining about how London has too much power. Nobody, and I mean, nobody in the city would smile at the thought of her taking over, but the problem is, she's the sensible, default option. She has the experience, she's proven she can control a large city, and she's been very vocal these past few months about how London needs cleaning up. Has a replacement who can step in at short notice, which is a boon for her - I doubt Venice will want to swap out Princes to the detriment of another UK city.

Tarquin

Another Ventrue - Kirkbeck's old friend, Prince of Edinburgh. A wicked old sod, smarter than Kirkbeck if their peers are to be believed, with a sense of humour and a highly ruthless streak. (Possible ties to the Dunsirn bankers? May just have been an opponent trying to discredit him.) No doubt that Venice would like him as a tough, long-term ruler, but Tarquin may not want to go - he has Kine ties to the Scottish Nationalists, seems genuinely fond of the city he rules, and has spoken publicly of his distaste for English Kindred.

Palomides

Toreador; poet and politician, spent a few fledgling years in London but soon left for Italy, where I think he's been flourishing ever since. If none of the candidates are found to be worthy, I'd stake my heart (hah) they'll send over him or someone like him - a guard dog from the Inner Circle to keep watch over everything on their behalf. Don't expect him to bother doing much lobbying - if Venice choose him, he'll be here no matter what any of us want.

Wilhelm Vogler

Prince of Swansea, Gangrel. Bit of a clever social climber, likes to use his clan to indicate he's straight-talking and honest, talks a lot about reintroducing his peers back into the Camarilla. Embarrassed himself a little back in his homeland when he was young, nasty business, but nothing so damning as to kill his chances. Has someone's ear in Venice, otherwise I'd say his kind doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting close.

Brother David

Used to be a monk, if you'll believe it; now Regent of the Bristol chantry and a powerful influence in the Pyramid, a lobbyist for Tremere influence across the country. Vienna may push for a Tremere prince to 1) investigate the Greenwich goings-on personally 2) ensure that there are no further reprisals. David seems the likeliest candidate.

Eda Sly

Well...she seems to think she's a candidate. I don't know who she's been talking to.

laclongquan

Arcane
London natives are right the fuck out. Dont even think about it. Anthony should be smart enough to avoid any of them: any will have better and stronger ties with other natives, and have no time for us. The one that have will be too tainted to succeed.

But outsiders are interesting

Julian Fox: I got a feeling about this one. Not as possible success, but as a worthwhile meet and greet. If we have spare time, a visit wont be wasted.

Pellmell Queen: Malkavian chick is interesting. She dont have much chance to win, but more than worth our time to pay her a visit.

Amelia Britt? Brujah chick? Interesting but I dont think she will like our Anthony. I am ambivalent about her.

Tarquin doesnt seem likely to receive us. I dont mind meeting him if chance falls our way, but certainly wont go out of the way to meet him.

Palomides is a hard rock to nibble. Doubt we can dicker something with him.

Wilhem Vogler is still my recommended choice. He dont have much chance to win, of course. But he represents a big chance to achieve many goals: Heath's Gangrels, general Gangrel friendship, Erika...

Tremere candidate? You still havent forget the last time we try to manipulate Tremere, have you? I see no advantage to reach for him.

Eda Sly is native, so no chance at all.

So, target for Ventrue diplomacy will be Julian Fox, Pellmell Queen, and if we have enough time, Amelia Britt.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's funny how laclongquan still thinks with his dick even while roleplaying a vampire that can't ejaculate.

I recommend you read one of the possible bloodlines malkavian responses to the Romero seduction:

"Uh, you know, I know you're technically dead and all, but... goddamn you are one striking looking piece of ass. Where were you when you were still breathing, huh? I don't suppose you'd still be interested in a little, uh -"
"I can slick my parts with blood as you thrust up against my corpse. Okay?"

Hey, Jarlfrank would be heaven in the WoD.

Esquilax

Arcane
Kz3r0 Great, succinct analysis. Out of that list, I am liking Eda Sly and Jacqueline Dee the best. Other potential targets are Riva Santangelo and Earl Godrick, but I don't like them as much - the former because she seems to travel a lot and would be difficult to pin down, the latter because he owns a Sabbat-ridden dump that even he doesn't seem to give a shit about.

Eda Sly: Unimpressive barony, but her death would be one hell of a way to distract everybody: a Prince candidate (an unlikely candidate, but a candidate nonetheless) and an enemy of Turcov? The Kindred rumor mill would go absolutely crazy.

Jacqueline Dee: Let's see - an unambitious, somewhat weak-wlled individual with very powerful blood and decent territory. Sounds like the sort of person we'd want to capture and commit diablerie on. We would advance by several generations. Considering her Barony was only given to her because of her friendship with Turcov, it's conceivable that a lot of people would want to take her out.

As far as the Princely candidates go, we've gotta discredit Julian Fox immediately. Fortunately, Vogler's strengths line up with his one weakness: our guy has the ear of someone in Venice, while Fox is not too well-liked by Venice from the description. If we can make it seem as if Fox is more interested in endeavors outside of London and not on stabilizing the city, then the envoy might not be too keen on him as a candidate despite his local popularity. Our sole advantage is Vogler's Venice contact (that we still need more details on), and I think that this individual could do a lot to discredit Fox AND make Vogler appealing to the Inner Circle.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Now, unless I'm horribly mistaken, Queen Anne was merely 8th gen, making Dee merely 9th.

HOWEVER it is also said that her Sire was the Childe of Mithras himself, making him 5th or 6th gen, making Queen Anne 6th or 7th, making Dee... oh do the math yourselves, lazy faggots!

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm just checking my copy of London By Night, but that wiki also states that 'Valerius', her sire, was 6th generation; i.e., they can't both be true.

EDIT: No, apparently, she was eighth to begin with, then diablerised her way to seventh, then later to sixth. God, the generations thing gets so fucking finickety and Top Trumps-ish.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ok we have a uncertain situation. She's either 7th, 8th or 9th. And we don't know shit about the others. Bah.

A aside, if Lady Anne succeeded in lowering generation more than once and was originally 8th, then her sire didn't start with 6 either - maybe he ate his sire? That dude was supposed to be in London too, but let's not stress grotsnik with annoying historical justifications.

A fine backstabbing lineage.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm just checking my copy of London By Night, but that wiki also states that 'Valerius', her sire, was 6th generation; i.e., they can't both be true.

EDIT: No, apparently, she was eighth to begin with, then diablerised her way to seventh, then later to sixth. God, the generations thing gets so fucking finickety and Top Trumps-ish.

The explanation is simple, then. Valerius was 7th gen, he Embraced Anne, THEN diablerised his way to 6th gen. And later she did the same. The only question is when she Embraced Dee. When she was 8th? 7th? or 6th?

Anyway, I'd expect snacking on her would boost Tony some 3 generations at minimum, and 4 at maximum (the 5-7 generation difference between them is quite significant, after all).

Also, grotBRO, what are a Baron's powers anyway? A Prince traditionaly has the right to destroy those who violate the Traditions, to sire and grant siring privilages (this one is jointly exercised by the Baron's Council, it would appear), and to rule his domain with absolute power (that one, I think, was also divided among the Barons, at least under Kirkbeck).

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Just to make sure I'm clear on the plan... We're considering sending our ghoul squad to kidnap a certain well-known vampire of low generation, diablerize her, then suddenly show up among our circle of friends with a stain in our aura and feigning ignorance?

The concept is as ridiculous as finding a cake with a huge bite taken off then having your kid show up and go 'what?' with cream on his cheeks.

On the other hand, the plan (minus cannibalism) counts on a lot of ifs. We don't really -know- whether our ghoul squad can storm the lair of a 6-8th gen vampire, whether they can overcome her. They have no experience. We have no idea whether we can find Hunters, whether we can lure them TO OUR HOME, and whether they'll really fail in providing us with a frontal asshole. We don't really know if people will buy all of this or whether they'll go 'hmm, a pack of commonwealth ex-army soldiers gone hunters? I wonder who payed for that'.

But, y'know, other than that, it's rock solid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom