Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
laclongquan

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• According to an unofficially proofed source, there is 800'000 amateur writers in China. With a minimum of 50k words written, up to millions.
    laclongquan
    laclongquan
    I dont know about originality specification because I simply ignore those (in my filter search). But among the fanfiction spec, it's not simply fanfiction, but their own interpretations of what was written/drawn/designed. It's an ocean of sludge, but the few gems that I find keep me going.
    laclongquan
    laclongquan
    They dont concentrate in one place or organization, but spread out among Chinese, Hongkong, Taiwan platforms. Those companies have a lot of platform to host those amateur writings, and I think their revenue stream are mostly ad money, some printing, etc, and pay those writers in term of fees.
    laclongquan
    laclongquan
    I dont think it's possible to replicate it in US or EU, because those fees are copper and pence. Even the Chinese acknowledge those money is just a help and they do it for desire of creativity, fame, and only last while their youth last.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom