Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets Play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

GeneralSamov

Prophet
DiverNB said:
As for House Redoran, I have no idea. Perhaps the Codex will want me to do the house quests after we finish off the Imperial Legion?
By all means.

Thrasher

Erudite
The Telvanni great house quests were pretty rewarding.

The Hlaalu ones may have more intrigue (I hope/expect).

I've heard teh Redoran house was not so interesting...

Helton

Arcane
Hlaalu was shit. Easy and good for the $$ but nothing interesting at all.

Redoran is really hard, actually. I mean if you're playing a Redoran character who you rolled up specifically to play that quest line. Very little reward for a lot of work. But great atmosphere and, with LGNPC mod, comprable to Telvanni in cool factor.

Witchblade

Scholar
Helton said:
Hlaalu was shit. Easy and good for the $$ but nothing interesting at all.

Redoran is really hard, actually. I mean if you're playing a Redoran character who you rolled up specifically to play that quest line. Very little reward for a lot of work. But great atmosphere and, with LGNPC mod, comprable to Telvanni in cool factor.

Hlaalu are capitalists, they'd prostitute themselves for cash. Telvanni are bastards, they'd kill you without blinking an eyelid, for power; and they are Machiavellian backstabbers.

Redoran... well, maybe people tend to find them "boring" because they are so stiff upper lip? They can be a bit over the top when it comes to their "honour".

Thrasher wrote:
You'd think helping the slvaes would have some significant consequences (both negative and positive). All you get is some minor quests with almost no rewards.

Sadly shallow.

I admit to feeling a bit frustrated myself, that you could not do more re the slaves, but hey, the game probly had enough content already; a lot more factions to join than Oblivion has, or most other RPG's that I can think of.

Re the morality: sure, you don't actually grow little horns or a halo, or become limited because of your "alignment" in Mw, but I like that it sorta copies real life. In RL, if you steal/murder someone, without being detected, the only real problem you sit with, is your own conscience, if you have one.

Same in Mw. However, if you get detected stealing/murdering in Mw, there is hell to pay.
I do understand that you are talking about bigger issues here, like making a choice between one faction or the other, much like in The Witcher, letting Abigail burn or not, or choosing the Elves or the humans, etc; yet there are similar choices in Mw too. If you join the fighters, it messes you up with the thieves; if you join Telvanni, you cannot join Redoran; if you kill people for the assasins, you cannot do quite a few other quests that you needed those NPC's for.

I do agree it would have been cool though, if you could for instance have joined the Ashlanders, which would have made you an enemy of the Hlaalu; or the Twin Lamps, which would have made you an enemy of Telvanni, etc. , much like the 'reputation' system between humans and orcs in Gothic 3.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Doing the imperial questline totally made me remember that I've never done Imperial Cult quests either.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Imperial Cult quests were so mediocre, I checked twice if they were introduced by some fan-made mod.

Witchblade

Scholar
Liberal said:
Imperial Cult quests were so mediocre, I checked twice if they were introduced by some fan-made mod.

Um, what? More or less the coolest artifacts you get is from the Oracle quests. I usually do them asap, especially for the nice Ice sword. The Boots of the Apostle aren't too bad either.
Of course, you are plain silly if you do those plodding quests for those two jokers down the stairs.. (after having done them once, anyway). :P

Thrasher

Erudite
Yep, the rewards are just around as good as those you get with the Tevanni house quests.

DiverNB

Liturgist
You get some sweet armor from the imperial quest lines...of course you can get it without doing them but thats besides the point.

DiverNB

Liturgist
The traders here in Gnisis are ill equipped, I decided it's best if I head back to Balmora and pick up a really potent scroll

from the mages guild. I quickly head back to Gnisis, and head into the manor once again.

Looking around...I find no one. I decide to head back to the summoning room...
ScreenShot133.jpg

He seems to have completely forgotten about me! Damn, and this scroll wasn't cheap either. Looks like I'll be saving it for

later use.

I find Baladas at the top of the stairs
ScreenShot135.jpg

Realizing that I'm not the greatest negotiatior,I spray some Telvanni bug musk on myself quickly before speaking to him. At

first, he's a little reluctant to see me. After I let him know that him staying alive isn't part of my mission, he is much more

cooperable and hands me the key to the cell downstairs.

After freeing the Orc tax collector, I head outside and report back to Darius. Pleased, he tells me to get some rest and

know my fellow soldiers a bit more, as I'll be doing some investigations first thing in the morning. A nights rest later and...

ScreenShot150.jpg

So much for the Imperial protection plan. He snuck past every single guard in the barracks! Luckily I'm a light sleeper and

keep a dagger under my pillow.

I head back over to Darius in the morning, and he tells me of my next mission
ScreenShot153.jpg

He also tells me I'm not up for advancement to agent yet, bit of a shame but oh well. I decide to talk to my fellow

guardsmen about this cult, surely one of them has seen something suspicious.

ScreenShot154.jpg

I shake down and Orc and get a name, time to head over to the barracks.

ScreenShot155.jpg

After same failed attempts of flattery, I toss the bastard some gold. FInally he lets me in on his secret.

ScreenShot156.jpg

ScreenShot157.jpg

Worshipping an old emperor may not be illegal, but planning to assassinate the current one definitely is.

ScreenShot158.jpg

I take the evidence back to Darius, and he informs me that I am to be their executioner

ScreenShot159.jpg

They were pathetically weak, I slew them both and updated Darius.
ScreenShot160.jpg

He tells me I've done all I can here, and that I'm a better soldier than every man in this dump, that's why he's transferring

me over to fort moonmoth near Balmora. Also, I was promoted to champion and received some new armor pieces, a lot better

protection than what I had for sure.

I journey back to Balmora and head north west out of town...
ScreenShot162.jpg

Now this is more like it! Finally some real missions for the legion...
ScreenShot161.jpg

Mere bandits ? Well fuck that, I picked up some scrap metal back in the caved in dwemer fort in Gnisis. I'm going to the

Balmora pub for a few hours. (Don't worry, we will visit this ruin for the main quest)

Wavering from side to side I somehow make it back to the fort...*hic!*
ScreenShot174.jpg

Hard-Heart is pleased none the less, and gives me 500 drakes to boot. This legion job is cake so far.
ScreenShot175.jpg

Until this assignment, that is.

More updates tomorrow!

DiverNB

Liturgist
You'll see :D

I'll have updates later tonight, heading to the drag track now.

DiverNB

Liturgist
You'll see :D

I'll have updates later tonight, heading to the drag track now.

Korgan

Arbiter
Witchblade said:
Hlaalu are Jews, they'd prostitute themselves for cash.
Has there always been much of this shit outside /gd/? Or did we get linked to on Stormfront in the last few months?

Multi-headed Cow

RPG Codex is the Stormfront of the gaming world, you know.

Witchblade

Scholar
Korgan said:
Witchblade said:
Hlaalu are Jews, they'd prostitute themselves for cash.
Has there always been much of this shit outside /gd/? Or did we get linked to on Stormfront in the last few months?

F Chrissake, no offence meant to real Jews. FYI I have Jewish blood some way back on maternal side, and you know what that means in Jewish circles, so calm down.

I meant "Jews" in the idiomatic evolution in that "Jew" means "lover of cash" much as "bastard" has evolved from meaning literally a person of illegitemate birth, to just an asshole.

*sigh* perhaps still offensive, so let me just go and change the original post. Stop being so oversensitive, now hear!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Witchblade said:
F Chrissake, no offence meant to real Jews. FYI I have Jewish blood some way back on maternal side, and you know what that means in Jewish circles, so calm down.

I meant "Jews" in the idiomatic evolution in that "Jew" means "lover of cash" much as "bastard" has evolved from meaning literally a person of illegitemate birth, to just an asshole.

*sigh* perhaps still offensive, so let me just go and change the original post. Stop being so oversensitive, now hear!

enemy of the race detected

Witchblade

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
Witchblade said:

enemy of the race detected

Fuck off, I'm in a fighting mood today. I've already apologised, it was perhaps thoughtless of me to post that, but I've both apologised and fixed it. So anyone else wanting to make crappy, paranoid remarks about it, go ahead, (probly everyone will jump in now) it'll give me an excuse to tell you to go fuck yourself.

And, yes, you are pushing one of my buttons there, - s'far as I'm concerned, Nazi's belong to a sub-human species along with paedophiles.
Don't class me in the same league as those Stormfront assholes. :x

DraQ

Arcane
Heh. The dissociation between the word and it's original meaning never fails to amuse me. You can refer to some greedy capitalist as "Jew" in derogatory manner without even thinking anything bad about actual Jews. Similarly you can frown upon someone being "gay", or something "faggotry" without any, not to mention specifically hostile, thought of actual homosexuals crossing your mind. Labels can be fun, if creatively misused.

Ability to irk the PC-police is just an icing on the cake - eat that you jewish-communist-nazi-faggots!

Witchblade

Scholar
Yes, thanks for that, Draq, I guess everyone has their little edgy spots. I don't normally give a shit for political correctness, but I do happen to know a few Jews who are terribly sensitive to the whole anti-semitism thing, -beyond the point of rationality actually, but then they do have reason to have a bee in their bonnet, I suppose.

So seriously, I should be more careful of what I say, even out here on the farthest reaches of any kind of social niceties. However, I have explained myself already concerning my little slip-up earlier, so that is just that.

Helton

Arcane
I know right

itz like when I says "oh, you motherfuckers!" I bear no ill will to people who actually fuck their mothers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom