Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets Play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

DiverNB

Liturgist
Welcome everyone to my first ever LP, I hope you will enjoy it and I hope I don't screw it up with the images.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was released in March of 2002 and has garnered universal appraise amongst the more mainstream community, while getting universal hatred here at the Codex. I personally enjoy the game (At least I did some years ago, maybe that has changed, hopefully it has aged well!) and this should be a fun and exciting experience, as I will play a class I have never played before. (This counts out mages, warriors, assassins, thieves, etc.)

For those of you don't know this game, it is filled with a lot of lore, lots of text in dialogue boxes, and minimum voice acting, the way I feel it should be handled in an RPG. It got 2 expansions Bloodmoon and Tribunal, which are both quite lengthy and add new continents and big main quests to the already giant ass continent and main quest. The real challenge here will be to actually complete the main quest of this game. It is actually quite lengthy, but still fun.

Enough of my babble, let's play!

ScreenShot0.jpg

I'm sure we all know the title screen, but for some reason I couldn't get a correct capture of it. Sorry :(

Here is our backstory, we are born on a certain day to unknown parents and are under arrest for an unknown reason, but we have a great destiny ahead of us!

ScreenShot1.jpg

Eh, well, maybe not. We're aboard a rickety old boat that I'm surprised was actually able to make it to our destination, Morrowind. To makes matters worse, we're stuck with this shirtless dark elf who keeps coming closer to me. Awwwwwkwwaaaaarrrrrdddd.
Anyways, he wants to know my name, so I give it to him (Not like I have a CHOICE LOL)

ScreenShot2.jpg

After I tell him my name, a guard comes and gets me and tells me to go above deck. Excited that I finally get to breathe fresh air and not Jiub-The-Dark-Elf's farts, I comply

ScreenShot3.jpg

Upon getting up to the deck I am greeted by the game's first black man, Er, I mean Redgaurd. Nice corn rows bro

ScreenShot4.jpg

I take a look around at my new home, the water looks clear and the environment very serene. Maybe this won't be so bad.

ScreenShot5.jpg

I get to the guard before the door to the warehouse and now it is time to pick my destiny.

ScreenShot6.jpg

More updates later!

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
=========================
Lets Play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
=========================

uhhh.... lets not and say we did.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Morrowind is almost necrotic without mods. At least get a head replacer for God's sake.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Graphic enhancing mods? I don't have the time for that shit.

deuxhero

Arcane
Get graphic updates.

And as for what to play as, Breton Female under the Antorach.

Class just needs alchemy as a major skill, everything else can be brought up quickly enough, or isn't worth bothering with..

DiverNB

Liturgist
deuxhero said:
Get graphic updates.

Class just needs alchemy as a major skill, everything else can be brought up quickly enough, or isn't worth bothering with..

So just power through the whole game while abusing alchemy? What is the point of that?

Vibalist

Arcane
I don't give a crap about graphic mods or whatever, but could you make the screenshots a bit bigger? Right now I can't read the on-screen text.

kthxbye

Dark Elf

Erudite
Bosmer who fights with warhammers.

Thus far the only character I've finished Morrowind with.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Dark Elf said:
Bosmer who fights with warhammers.

Thus far the only character I've finished Morrowind with.

Eh, I made a wood elf ranger type guy. I've never played one. The only character I have ever beaten morrowind + expansions with was my Nord Warrior.

Raapys

Arcane
Playing Morrowind without at least 100+ mods installed has fail written all over it.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Strangely enough, I seem to keep running across a strange error when I talk to people. I haven't been able to make it through the census office, yet. I might have to do a different game.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Raapys said:
Playing Morrowind without at least 100+ mods installed has fail written all over it.

That's the reason I stopped playing Morrowind: Too many mods. The game refused to load unless I deleted some. Unfortunately, I needed 500+ mods just to make the game palatable, which, in effect, turned it into Not-Morrowind.

No way I'm goin' back there man! No way!

deuxhero

Arcane
DiverNB said:
deuxhero said:
Get graphic updates.

So just power through the whole game while abusing alchemy? What is the point of that?

No, Alchemy is the only skill that needs to be a major to be useful, otherwise it goes up to slow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom