Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Tactics Ogre - The Knight of Lodis (Completed)

pipka

Savant
F
Fire
Tits
Chaotic
Siren
IronMan

GameFAQ: The archer is the worst class besides the soldier. Their strength is terrible which makes their bow attacks very weak. Hawkmen make better archers. If you have a good bow then you can use an archer until better classes become available.

Bullshit. Flat out LIE. FFS

1 - Male

2 - Wind. Water is fine too, if there are too many wind guys already.

3- Clocky

4 - Lawful

5 -Archer, just to show that gameFAGS whore that he is wrong like a little bitch.

6- Clayman

lightbane

Arcane
1. Male
2. Fire
3. Simon
4.Lawful
5.Wizard
6.Balls of steel or IM.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
1. Ghost
2. Spooky
3. Ghost
4. Ghost
5. Ghost
6. Ironghost

Gerrard

Arcane
1: Male
2: Fire
3: Higure (it has to be ninjastic)
4: Neutral
5: Ninja
6: Ironman

Except me, because Archers WILL die if a fairy looks at their general direction.

On second thought, my archer received special attention and spekkio would probably get bored and purposefully kill my ass off, so maybe I should rethink that. Can Knights use bows?

fake edit: No, they can't. NOT EVEN KATANAS. So, Archer it is. Lachesis + teleporting boots / mantle + Fist Fight = Not useless.

spekkio

Arcane
pipka:
21lmptw.jpg

Cranioclast:
21lmptw.jpg

+ :incline: for choosing a healer

Yeesh:
21lmptw.jpg

Clockwork Knight:
21lmptw.jpg

Alright, that's our initial party.

Three of them play IM :salute:, four - CM:
dragonfk said:
Those who picked Clayman are total fucking pussies.
Fixd.

Reserve players:

lightbane:
2v1w6ed.jpg

Sovard:
NPC_6041_m_RannosDavi.jpg

Andyman Messiah:
21lmptw.jpg

Gerrard:
21lmptw.jpg

Clockwork Knight said:
Can Knights use bows?
You will make a perfect Hawkman, CK. Or any other non-human class that will be availalbe in 1st town :smug:

About Lightbane, I thought that was a fail too, but just saw on the FAQ that Warlocks have to be non-chaotic; so I think his character works (aside from the fact that warlocks are fucking useless, that is)

spekkio said:
You will make a perfect Hawkman, CK. Or any other non-human class that will be availalbe in 1st town

You just HAD to make me a furry, eh

spekkio

Arcane
Fucker edited his post. It was "Wizard" before...
:decline:

CK said:
You just HAD to make me a furry, eh
You may end up as glorious octopus...

lightbane

Arcane
Hey, I never played the game, I just switched to Warlock 'cause I don't know how good they are but looked fancier, if necessary I'll switch back to "Wizard" or any other class.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
You probably should have a Giant named Kingcomrade, and then turn him into a sword.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Considering this is a prequel of tactics ogre you may play both (and getting heavily spoiled in whatever direction)

Don't do the deep dungeon.
These games exemplify grinding btw.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Well, moar female fapping-stuff:

1. F
2. Fire
3. Fox
4. Chaotic
5. Siren
6. Ironman

Fox.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog, Chef_Hathaway, Cenobyte, DramaticPopcorn:

21lmptw.jpg

DramaticPopcorn said:
ClayMan (since I can't become a Lich without dying...so no IronMan for me)
Yes, You can!
dragonfk is playing IM Lich for example.
Your one and only death will mean either glorious transmigration

2ntd2xj.jpg

or

2v1w6ed.jpg

(if you die too early).

Update on the way...

spekkio

Arcane
Introduction

10nrcrb.jpg

2m5bazo.jpg

o5ngpf.jpg

25u76vq.jpg

Rictor Lasanti

2up2wio.gif

A very proud, young, and strong swordsman, Rictor is also a friend to Alphonse. Though only recently appointed to a commanding position, he believes strongly in the goals of the Holy Lodis Empire, as well as their practices. At times, he is known to disagree with Alphonse, especially about matters of the aristocracy and the way things should be, but the two are still very close. Very capable in the realm of fencing, and by far no stranger with the foil, Rictor also has decent skill with magic, which he uses as an attack or curatively. Lone son to the Duke of Felis, the young Rictor doesn't quite know what his future will hold. Though he once dreamt of becoming a priest of Lodis, now his future is cloudy. Perhaps he will take the title of Duke after his father, and he seems to want Alphonse by his side in that event as an advisor.

Class: High Priest
Element: Earth
Alignment: L

Alphonse Loeher

11smkqw.gif

A member of the Empire's top unit of knights, the Order of the Sacred Flame at the quest's beginning, the 15-year-old Alphonse is only a new recruit. He began his military training at 12, however, and became a knight at 14, but this was the 'normal' path for the son of an aristocrat. He has trouble accepting his 'new' family name, and is constantly forced to deal with the problems within his family.

Sent to Rananculus with his good friend and commander, Rictor Lasanti, supposedly to investigate an unusual occurrence and aid the southern territory of Anser, he doesn't know that this will begin a journey to forever change his path in life. Alphonse knows of war, but is still naive. The good guy, and your main character, Alphonse just wants to bring justice to his island home of Ovis and figure out who he really is.

Class: Soldier
Element: Varies
Alignment: Varies

2up2wio.gif
Come on, don't be so cold. Once our ship departs, you won't be able to see her for a while.

11smkqw.gif
We're finally leaving... It'll be my first time abroad.

2up2wio.gif
It sounds like you think this'll be a vacation! I'm not sure you realize what we're getting ourselves into.

11smkqw.gif
Excuse me, Commander Lasanti.

2up2wio.gif
Was that supposed to be sarcastic? This may be my first time commanding... but I am expecting a lot from you.

11smkqw.gif
Count on me, Sir!

rqvx9y.jpg

2up2wio.gif
We don't have time for that. We set sail early tomorrow.

11smkqw.gif

2up2wio.gif
What's wrong with you today? Why the sudden interest in fortune telling?

2up2wio.gif
Well, do as you like. I'm heading back. You better return soon, too.

11smkqw.gif
Yes, I know.

wssett.jpg

skxgep.jpg

Alphonse? Who with a sane mind would like to be called "Alphonse" by his homies?

2gse74i.jpg

I'm gonna use Alphonse's nickname instead...

14vsdj9.jpg

1pvsw7.jpg

2dj2jbs.jpg

2n029eq.jpg

2jth1i.jpg

The questions that fortune teller asks determine:
  • our hero's alignment,
  • his element,
  • his initial stats (stat bonuses + one free Emblem),
  • our initial team's composition (we will receive 4 soldiers for free at the beginning),
  • our initial equipment (we will receive some free stuff).
I'm gonna metagame a little, check out this link if you want more info.

29bbyo4.jpg

bg4s4l.jpg

nedxzt.jpg

2nbrk1x.jpg

25pk8c0.jpg

33y2p34.jpg

ZOMG, FMV!

b85wd0.jpg

25qgj0l.jpg

xdt5wg.jpg

2u7r1mo.jpg

8wgp6h.jpg

w2q6o.jpg

dzf6ah.jpg

2qvct1l.jpg

2vbrcsj.jpg

53333q.jpg

2lkeknp.jpg

2nsufb8.jpg

i6gw9h.jpg

2yyd212.jpg

13za1ef.jpg

314czr6.jpg

Stay tuned for the 1st mission!
(And don't worry, I won't describe every future dialogue in such detail...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom