Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
takillya said:
i had to say this: you can select a spell in the spellbook and press ctrl+a to make it autofire (remove staff first).

REALLY?

AND I LEARN ABOUT THIS JUST NOW, WHILE IT WOULD BE SUPERUSEFUL ALMOST ALL THE TIME BEFORE?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
root said:
you serious you dint know this?

Nope. And I didn't know about that during any of my previous playthroughs of this game, and I think I've played through it thrice :repeated headdesk:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fucking cockobucket is yapping about 'UR CLOSE TO EXCEEDING TEH BANDWIDTH!1' again :decline: But I'll post an update later today probably.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
(Disclaimer: To get the most enjoyment out of today's brutal and epic update, make sure to listen to the album 'Those Once Loyal' by the band Bolt Thrower while reading. ACHTUNG: IT'S DEATH METAL)

First thing we should do before the next mission is get some henches:

rom1743.jpg

rom1744.jpg

rom1745.jpg

rom1746.jpg

rom1747.jpg

rom1748.jpg

Destination.

rom1749.jpg

rom1750.jpg

rom1751.jpg

We also get some extra meatshields in this mission. A swordsman, a crossbowman, a mage, and a horseman lancer. The horseman is pretty neat for scouting, since he moves almost twice as fast as Igles.

rom1752.jpg

rom1753.jpg

rom1754.jpg

rom1755.jpg

rom1756.jpg

Damn right.

rom1761.jpg

rom1758.jpg

rom1759.jpg

rom1760.jpg

WE SHALL HELP YOU, OPPRESSED PEASANTS!

rom1762.jpg

AAAAAATTAAAAAAACK!

rom1763.jpg

Shit.

rom1764.jpg

Crap.

rom1765.jpg

Well, oops. Bumrushing them with everything we have is not quite a good idea.

rom1766.jpg

rom1767.jpg

Okay, enough. I'll keep the other cannon fodder in the back and wait for them to become useful 'cause they only take the healing from Igles.

rom1768.jpg

That's better.

rom1770.jpg

These faggots in the back demand a few fireballs to the face.

rom1772.jpg

Level 4 giant bees. Bastards can turn invisible.

rom1773.jpg

This guy tries to go all rambo on our asses.

rom1774.jpg

rom1775.jpg

Time to pack in some fire walls :smug:

rom1776.jpg

Which wasn't that much of a good idea, since some of the mages retarget to Kingcomrad...

rom1777.jpg

dammit.

rom1780.jpg

Whatever, fireballs work just as well.

rom1782.jpg

Routine encounter with some level 3 and 4 squirrels.

rom1783.jpg

After which we're ambushed by Teyrack's men in the forest.

rom1786.jpg

And, of course, after crossing one bridge, we find an undead camp. Because we can't have a single fucking mission without any undead.

rom1787.jpg

...FUCKSAKES

rom1788.jpg

rom1789.jpg

zing!

This will require a different approach.

rom1791.jpg

The redundant cannon fodder will assault the lich from behind while Igles + warrior hench fend off the skeleton assault.

rom1793.jpg

rom1794.jpg

Okay, that didn't quite work.

Next time Igles will tank alone and the warrior hench will join the strike team.

rom1796.jpg

IIIIIIINCOMIIIIIIIIIIIING

rom1797.jpg

Lich is down, fuck yeah.

rom1798.jpg

Igles also did well.

rom1799.jpg

Shit, MAN DOWN. MEEEEDIIIIIIIIIC

rom1800.jpg

Crap. Ok, whatever, it was one of the cannon fodder we got at the start, and it was the crossbowman, so pretty much the least useful one, too.

rom1801.jpg

Wooo, a dragon.

rom1802.jpg

A salvo of firebolts to the face takes it down fairly quickly. And since the bastard died on unavailable terrain, it didn't drop any loot :x

rom1804.jpg

The entrance to Teyrack's mountain fortress.

rom1805.jpg

lotsa

rom1806.jpg

schlong

rom1807.jpg

These poison clouds are really fucking annoying.

rom1809.jpg

A more strategic place among the trees.

rom1810.jpg

But even if annoying, the poison clouds can be neatly used to our advantage, since friendly fire is very much active :smug:

rom1812.jpg

The fortress's second line of defences.

rom1813.jpg

Notice the explosion that nearly instagibbed Kingcomrad.

rom1814.jpg

rom1815.jpg

This, gentle readers, is the catapult hidden well behind the knights and mages. It has an INSANELY long attack range, does a lot of damage to unarmoured targets and loves to change targets without any visible reason, which means it can send 4 consecutive bombs into each of our 4 mages.

rom1816.jpg

Shit is also reasonably tough, which means the lancer I sent to covertly kill it while everyone else is brawling is rather useless.

rom1817.jpg

Tried some different formations, like this

rom1818.jpg

Didn't quite work.

rom1819.jpg

Also tried spamming the enemy with firewalls and running.

rom1820.jpg

This is rather self-explanatory.

rom1821.jpg

rom1822.jpg

A hueg stand with pretty much all of our forces also didn't quite work.

rom1823.jpg

rom1824.jpg

This time, I spread Igles and the mages apart as much as possible. After the enemy attacked, the lancer and swordsman cannon fodder rushed from another position to try and hack up the catapult

rom1825.jpg

The dumbfuck enemy mages summoned some poison clouds on their stupid asses.

rom1826.jpg

rom1827.jpg

The cannon fodder may not have quite succeeded in destroying the catapult, but they effectively gained its and the mages' attention, not to mention they made the mages suicide.

Their sacrifice will be forever remembered :salute:

Meanwhile, Igles actually managed to fend off all the attacking knights.

rom1828.jpg

Afterwards, we send the warrior hench to finish off the catapult.

rom1829.jpg

Last defenders of the fortress.

rom1830.jpg

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN.

rom1832.jpg

But eventually, all cannons fade, and the renegades are all dead.

rom1833.jpg

After looting everything in sight, Igles is carrying, among other things, 40 sets of steel armour. Add to that like 15 mage robes/capes/staves, 2 sets of mithril armour and some various other stuff like crossbows, swords, etc.

With all that in his backpack, his weight is 1113.4 . I don't know what units are used to measure it, but Igles obviously has a p. strong back.

rom1834.jpg

Selling it all

rom1835.jpg

gives us an enourmous influx of money.

rom1836.jpg

Well then, which main quest shall follow next? The Elf...

rom1837.jpg

... or the orc shaman?

Which is better and why? DISCUSS!!

Last edited:

Black_Willow

Arcane
Elf, because you can afterwards buy elfish stuff.

EDIT:
Also, :salute: for beating the shit out of catapult. That was the enemy which always made me rage.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nice rape, despite all this support. Sigh, good old games and their difficulty eh?

Go for some elf meat.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how the negrodancers use a very gay multi-colored ray of death to rape you to your oblivion. Is that a spell you can later learn?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It is a prismatic ray or something like that. You can learn it but it is from Air school of magic AFAIR.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, even though Kingcomrad chose fire as his main school when he started, he can still learn how to cast from the other schools. Odds are though, that he'll never be as effective in those schools as in his main.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lightbane said:
I like how the negrodancers use a very gay multi-colored ray of death to rape you to your oblivion. Is that a spell you can later learn?

Zdzisiu said:
It is a prismatic ray or something like that. You can learn it but it is from Air school of magic AFAIR.

This. Kingcomrad has a spectacular 3 in air magic, so, needless to say, it's useless. But if memory serves me well, one of the mage mercs (the one from Kaarg, I think) has it on higher levels.

lightbane

Arcane
The elf quest, with a bit of luck you'll get to exterminate some of these annoying, faggot, inmortal pests.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Woohoo, photobucket is being anal again.

Good that I have two accounts :smug:

EDIT: Bah, you'll have to wait till July for an update after all because I'm too much of a lazy fuck to crossupload avatars and shit over the photobuckets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom