Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Illusion of Time!

So, without further ado, let's play. . .

IoT1.png

A.K.A. Illusion of Gaia, Records of the Illusion of Gaia, Gaia Gensōki, and also Come dance with us to the Incan ship.

Our story begins. . .

IOT2.png

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- A year Has passed since I went to the Tower of Babel with my father. My Father and his party met with disaster. Somehow, I made it back to South Cape. . .I still can't believe my father is gone. I'll never believe it. . .When I grow up, I'll be an explorer and see the world.

IOT3.png

grassi.jpg
- Now, don't go wandering out there. Demons have appeared outside of town. If you go very far, you must go with your parents.

IOT4.png

The mandatory bookworm.

IOT5.png

That guy. Probably been too many times "kept after school".

IOT6.png

The Brick.

IOT7.png

No hitting on me? We must be new at school. Oh well, not much more to do, to the roof!

IOT8.png

Lance: :hmmm:

grassi.jpg
- Alone, at last.

Lance::cry:

IOT9.png

Church roofs are so dull. . .hey, one of those funky vitros.

I MUST BREAK YOU

IOT10.png

Wait, this is not a vitro. This is not a vitro AT ALL.

IOT11.png

Welcome to Dead Dark Space. That's Momma Gaia. Momma Gaia is a pretty cool gal, seh patches you up, gives you PROTIP's and doesn't afraid of anything. But, Back into character. . .

IOT12.png

OH GOD, IS THAT A MOVING GIANT MULTIPLE-HORNED-GOAT-HITTING-A-WOMAN STONE HEAD? . . .can I take it home?

IOT13.png

AH, it talks! KILL IT GODDAMMIT

GAIAMOMMA.png
- Only one with the Dark Power can see this space.

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- So. . .I belong to the Dark side?

GAIAMOMMA.png
- You are the chosen one.

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- Which makes me Darth Revan.

GAIAMOMMA.png
- As your mother I don't recomme--

REVAN.jpg
- FUCK YOU I'M THE CHOSEN ONE *gets out of pocket dimension*

Back on the Church Roof. . .

IOT14.png

FUCK YOU I'M THE CHOSEN ONE AND AS SUCH, I WILL SHOW YOU MY POWER.

IOT15.png

NO CHURCH IS HIGH ENOUGH FOR MEEEEE--

IOT16.png

Oh, it didn't kill me. Huh.

IOT17.png

PROTIP random NPC.

iot19.png

Mirror's Edge, eat your heart out.

IOT20.png

Patchy-the-pirate-1.jpg
- I will give you goods for your jewels as written on the list.

IOT21.png

"My secrets" sounds like a Naga-ette Bromide of sorts. 50 gems? YOU'RE ON, OLD MAN.

IOT22.png

Because weird lit-on-fire gems don't affect Sneak. Oh well, let's explore some more

IOT18.png

Town exit.

NPC: DIDN'T YOUR TEACHER WARN YOU NOT to leave town without your parents?

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- He also said "Eat this, for it symbolizes my body, and drink this, for it symbolizes my soul" after pulling down his pants. Also, you're a douche, I have no parents and it's not like you don't know

Let's go to shake some hou--

IOT23.png

*hit by a pot* Whoa man, watch it!

IOT24.png

:bro:

IOT25.png

Seth's mother: I put up with it for Seth's Sake, but if it weren't for him, I'd have left long ago!

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- Because he loves you so much he spends his time away at a sea cave with his friends doing God knows what.

Moving on. . .

IOT28.png

NPC: Not like mine under this scarf. . .

Middle-Eastern Christians. Way to go, religion.

iot29.png

OP IN DA HOUSE

IOT30.png

. . .Outside? What is this outside you're talking about?

IOT31.png

I-I can explain, sir. It was ERIK'S FAULT, HE'S ALWAYS WANTING ME TO STICK MY FLUTE IN HIS--

peron.jpg
- Ha ha. Excellent! Even if a boy can't study, he should show a little initiative.

Off to Erik's house

IOT33.png

Big house, big shots.

IOT34.png

IOT35.png

Hipster + Moneybags = My milkshake brings all the boyz to South Cape.

IOT36.png

Mah baby's on fi-eee-ire. . .

IOT37.png

Better use END as dump sta-eee-ate.

IOT38.png

Some kids playing Green light, Red light on the roof make me feel suicidal, all of a sudden. So, I decide it's time to go see mah nigguhs.

IOT39.png

Erectile disfunction: Attacking South Cape fishermen since 1994.

IOT40.png

Ah, here we are. The gang's hideout.

IOT41.png

dolina_radio_10.jpg
- They gathered there to talk and play games until sundown

IOT43.jpg

Lance: I'm playing cards with Seth. Wait a minute.

IOT46.jpg

IOT47.jpg

IOT48.jpg

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- You finished Radical Dreamers with every possible ending?

Erik: The princess of Edward Castle has run away! They say she came to South Cape!

SCREEN3.jpg

YOUR ROYAL SHENANIGANS DON'T IMPRESS LANCE

Lance: You came in such a hurry that I thought something really big had happened! The princess is probably. that spoiled girl, Kara. . .The one you like so much!

Erik: LIAR! Maybe the soldiers will come here looking for her!

SCREEN7.jpg

Erik: I want to see Will's mysterious power. You haven't seen it? He can move things without touching them.

Lance: Will. Show me again.

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
-I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS, YOU'RE THE TOOL!

Seth: PROTIP: Face The statue and push the L/R buttons.

So, we proceed to put on a good show

SCREEN12.jpg

*vacuum sound*

Seth: No matter how many times I see it, I'm still amazed. But why can you move the statue when you can't move anything else. . .?

OH SO MYSTERIOUS.

Lance: I'll put four cards face down. Pick the one you think is the Ace of Diamonds.

SCREEN15.jpg

*insert Yu-gi-oh abridged bug man joke here*

SCREEN17.jpg

*drumroll*

SCREEN18.jpg

Lance: Ahhh! Right!!

Erik: I'm speechless. . .Hey, Seth. This is some type of psychic power, right?

Seth: Yeah, it must be some kind of psychic power thing. If I didn't know better I'd think it was magic. We have five senses, seeing, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. I think Will's psychic power is some kind of sixth sense.

Lance: [INT check failed]What Seth says is too complicated for me to understand.

Using the power of Time Travel, we check and. . .

SCREEN31.jpg

every card. . .

SCREEN32.jpg

is the. . .

SCREEN33.jpg

right one. And I thought I had true psychic powers. I'm just another alchemist. Oh well, play time's over.

SCREEN35.jpg

. . .you'd probably be in a circus and not playing as an almost irrelevant NPC. Way to go, EriKKKKNGGGHHHH

Let's get outta here

SCREEN36.jpg

Psychic tutorials are a waste of time. Let's go home and eat some fruitcake.

SCREEN37.jpg

:hmmm:

SCREEN38.jpg

WHERE'S MAH DINoh hey

SCREEN39.jpg

When was the last time we had porkchops? C'mere boy!

SCREEN40.jpg

Hasta la vista, Porky.

SCREEN41.jpg

. . .should have picked dad's sword and not his fucking FLUTE. Oh well, let's see what grandma can do about this pig.

SCREEN43.jpg

But then!

SCREEN44.jpg

Porky gets friendly with my crotch.

SCREEN46.jpg

Too friendly, in fact. Huh, someone's coming down the stairs.

SCREEN48.jpg

To be or not to be lunch. That is this pig's question.

Kara: Frankly (Mr. Shankly) you look a little shabby. . . .

SCREEN51.jpg

PRINCESS Oh right, I'm not supposed to know.

Kara: Your father? Mother? Not here, huh?

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
: :deadhorse:

SCREEN53.jpg

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- My father's an explorer, he. . . . .
Kara: I know. Olman, the explorer. They say he was lost.
Will: He'll come back some day.
Kara: Are you sad? . . .No? I'd be sad if it were me. I'm sorry. . .
Kara: Anyway, is there a piano here?
Will: No, there isn't! Get the fuck outta my house! But Grandma Lola is a great singer.
Kara: They're singing upstairs now. They have such loud voices!!

SCREEN63.jpg

And trust people too easily.

madonna.jpg
- Dinner's not ready yet

peron.jpg
- Oh, my! I haven't sung like this in a long time. Your grandmother Lola used to be a singer. I fell in love with her voice. That's why I married her.

madonna.jpg
- Ah ha ha. Oh, you!! Bringing up a thing like that! Will, you shouldn't be surprised to hear that. By the way, the girl who was singing with me a minute ago. . .

*black wind howls*

SCREEN72.jpg

!

SCREEN71.jpg

That interrupted scream could only mean one thing. . .

SCREEN73.jpg

Kara: I don't know you. Be gone!

SCREEN75.jpg

If you ask me, he puts people's behinds on his room walls.

Kara: What do I care if you lose your head?

Soldier: Do you think I have nothing better to do than chase you down?

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- Killing demons? Rebelling against your own king? Rape and pillage? RAPE AND PILLAGE!

SCREEN78.jpg

Kara: Will. I feel as though we've met before as if we were good friends.

Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- Now it's time for you to meditate on WHY I insist I don't know you :roll:

SCREEN80.jpg

madonna.jpg
- Edward Castle. . . There's a big viaduct under the castle. Your grandfather designed it.
Blades-Will-Ferrell.jpg
- What! Really?
peron.jpg
There's a prison under the castle. It's built like a maze to keep the prisoners from escaping. I feel bad that I built a prison where people disappear and are never heard from again.
madonna.jpg
- Enough serious talk Let's eat dinner. I've made a delicious pie. Let's sit at the table upstairs.

But before doing so. . .

SCREEN89.jpg

Bill: Last night, licorice and rice. Before that, mouse fritters. I can't stand it anymore!

Bill: Sometimes old people, if they're surrounded by problems, get a little forgetful. Maybe there's something bothering her that she can't talk about. . .

SCREEN93.jpg

Will: I only got one piece but grandpa Bill ate half the pie.

dolina_radio_10.jpg
- That night Will dreamed that Kara and he took a trip around the world. . .

*Will feels a little woozy*

SCREEN96.jpg

Misleading much?

SCREEN97.jpg

Good ol' Pops.

Lola: Good morning, Will. A letter has com for you from King Edward.

And the letter says: Bring the Crystal Ring from Olman's things to Edward Castle. ~King Edward

Lola: I've been in a bad mood ever since I saw this letter. Oh, Will. I'll teach you a spell. When I'm upset, humming this tune makes me feel better.

SCREEN103.jpg

SCREEN104.jpg

Read slowly. Something like "Thhhaaaat'sss prrreeeetyyyy".

SCREEN105.jpg

Right.

SCREEN106.jpg

Some people can't keep it to themselves.

SCREEN107.jpg

SCREEN108.jpg

SCREEN109.jpg

You sure you didn't sell it to the Gem man?

SCREEN110.jpg

You won't even tap that in the Afterlife, old man.

Oh, that's right, we've got the first "item" in our inventory! Let's check that shit out.

SCREEN111.jpg

Standart inventory. We can store sixteen items at a time, Though I believe we won't use more than eight. And the pillars will play an important part some time in the future.

SCREEN112.jpg

There you go. Once equipped, you can use it anywhere pressing B. But, since it's a quest item, it'll only react in certain situations, but not too far in the future.

SCREEN115.jpg

Also, stats. Yup, Lamo. And no levelling system. In contrast to Soul Blazer and Terranigma, you raise your stats by killing all the demons in one room. Style is who you control. Later in the game, you get to take on Will, a man with a flute and a dream, a Knight, a "man" with a big fucking sword and no dreams, and a third form, which we won't be hitting till much much later in the game. Anyway, let's hit the road Jack.

SCREEN116.jpg

See ya, Barrier.

SCREEN120.jpg

Ah, the map. You get to move to different locations, but only those you know. Unfortunately, available locations at any time tend to be the ones you should choose to advance the plot, making showing off Mode 7 the whole point in having a map.

SCREEN121.jpg

TO DA CASTLE! *insert Batman roll*

SCREEN122.jpg

NEXT UPDATE: The Castle, First dungeon and moar text. Yay!

Is the third form you pick up some light-blue cross between the T-1000 and a xenomorph that runs around a pyramid in GLORIOUS 2d?

I feel like I've played this game before, but only faintly. Maybe I should start tattooing information on my back...

lightbane

Arcane
In during lightbane...

You called? Ah, no, I don't know him, he's not my alt as far as I know (unless he's a split personality of mine). Illusion of Time/Gaia? A good game (though short), but probably it doesn't work well for a screenshoot lp. Also, you missed one possible gem, you have to constantly annoy the two fishermen until one of them coughs up a gem (you'll have to enter/exit the cave several times to trigger the event).

Seth: Yeah, it must be some kind of psychic power thing. If I didn't know better I'd think it was magic. We have five senses, seeing, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. I think Will's psychic power is some kind of sixth sense.

45449_ness.jpg
"Pff, amateurs..."

After a long trip through the post-apocalyptic medieval land we call our homeworld, we get to Edward Castle! But first, thanks to the magic of Television, the lost jewels!

The first one is hidden near the Church bell.
Screen2.jpg

The second one in Lance's House, in the basement between some pots.
Screen14.jpg

Also, I missed. . .

Screen18-1.jpg

this. . .

Screen19.jpg

BANZAIIIIII

And the third Jewel, as mentioned by lightbane. . .

Screen23.jpg

It takes a little patience (or pressing º many times). The fisherman appears after entering and exiting the cave at sunset many times. How many? It seems to be a random number of times. The first time you get outta the cave hemay or may not be there. I remember the first time I went through this he was there when I got out the first time, so it didn't strike me as something more complex. Oh well.

Next, we go to the inventory, select one, press B and BADABING

Screen5.jpg

You can do it anywhere, I just happend to be next to Patchy. One just needs to raise a jewel and the others will go with it to the Jeweller. Now, let's get the prize!

Screen38-1.jpg

Screen40-1.jpg

Screen43-1.jpg

I've got the herb :kfc:

We return from our emergency broadcast to the normal LP. Thank you for your time.

SCREEN123.jpg

We're greeted. Not with some gun-toting guards but with actual, law abbiding soldiers. Of course, since I like my head where it's stuck right now, I brought that letter, just in case.

SCREEN124.jpg

SCREEN125.jpg

YOU SHALL PASS. Anyway, isn't there snack bar around here? I'm hungry. Lead the way, Psycho-nose.

SCREEN126.jpg

Not a People's man our king, huh. I'm still quiet hungry, after getting our lunch stolen by a pack of mutant bats. Let's poke around some more.

SCREEN127.jpg

The Queen, not the King. It's a common jRPG/Disney movies rule Queens are evil, in general. Their husbands are just. . .there, or not even there.

SCREEN128.jpg

Law abbiding jailors? In MY jRPG? LIES AND SLANDERS!!!

SCREEN129.jpg

Yeah, I'm the MAN of the day baby, take a number.

SCREEN130.jpg

Because. . .*gasp* he's E.V.I.L.?! *dun dun DUUUUUUN*

SCREEN134.jpg

Oh hey, couple.

SCREEN131.jpg

SCREEN132.jpg

SCREEN133.jpg

This seems so trivial, yet so relevant to my future encounters. I wonder why.

SCREEN135.jpg

Yo, I'm the VIP 'round here, you don't mess with me.

SCREEN136.jpg

SCREEN137.jpg

Soldier: This is just a shabby boy.
Will: They should have marketed the games as The Adventures of Shabby Boy It's me, Kara.
Kara: Oh. . . That voice. . .
Soldier: Oh, pardon me! Please enter!
Will: Change of heart allovasudden? You're getting a little extra in you next paycheck.

SCREEN142.jpg

Kara: Terrible! It's terrible! Again my father is trying to take something important from someone!
Kara:I've escaped from the castle before. Now they won't let me go out! Recently, something very strange has happened in the castle. My mother has hired a famous hunter. It's ominous. . .

SCREEN148.jpg

Is she coming with me to the Audience? What?

Kara: I feel scared. My father and mother seem to have changed. Please save me! Take me out of here! Please. . .
Soldier: Princess. . .
Kara: Please come back, Will.

Oh the drama. Back to our quest.

SCREEN156.jpg

He interviews in the same place he has breakfast? Now that's a cheap king.

SCREEN157.jpg

Who told you?

SCREEN158.jpg

You should be ashamed.

SCREEN161.jpg

Shabby Boy 2: Electric Boogaloo.

SCREEN162.jpg

>Yes:troll:

SCREEN163.jpg

Well, before giving you the Ring, let me tell you a story. You see, a dandelion seed, a princess, a pig and a priest enter a bar. We all get into an orgy and, in a nutshell, The Crystal Ring shattered in the pig's anus.

SCREEN164.jpg

SCREEN165.jpg

[Speech failed]King Edward: Are you lying to me, young whelp?! GUARDS!! Throw this impudent weasel in prison!! Then go to Will's house and find the Ring!

Will: But, he, she, Hamlet, I. . .WAIT, I know what to do, let's attempt to be saved by the only one who hasn't spoken a word!

SCREEN169.jpg

Queen Edwina: [Speech/PE check failed] Did you say Ma'am??!
Will: :retarded:

SCREEN171.jpg

We wake up in the Maze Prison.

SCREEN172.jpg

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

SCREEN173.jpg

All in all you're just another moss on the wall.

SCREEN174.jpg

No shit Sherlock. Let's check around.

SCREEN175.jpg

Balls of steel.

SCREEN176.jpg

Mosswhore.

SCREEN177.jpg

Those prisoners were probably vegans.

SCREEN178.jpg

Blast, my plan is ruined. The only thing left to do is slim down and go through the bars.

SCREEN180.jpg

Oh wait, I could climb and get out through there too. Excellent :obviously:

SCREEN181.jpg

When do you do your gardening rounds? That could prove useful.

SCREEN183.jpg

Wimp, Go back to your homemade snail pies.

SCREEN185.jpg

Oh wait, that's right, you can't :M

Connection is bailing out on me, so I'll post the first dungeon when everything's up again (probably in ten minutes). Tah-tah!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Not a game I ever expected to see LPed, mostly because of the way the dialogue is done making it a pain in the ass. But carry on! :bro:

Ah, before we go any further, I forgot something. The fourth Jewel.

Screen3-1.jpg

Once inside the castle, one of the soldier who greeted us hides behind the pillar to the far right corner. When we talk to him, he gives us this gem for not telling anyone where he is (Sneaking in 2D enviroments seems so easy, even though one tends to run from problems all the time.)

Back in the dungeon. . .
SCREEN186.jpg

Blades-Will-Ferrell-1.jpg
: It pains me to think of the prisoners' feelings, not knowing what they should do. . . .While I was trying to think of a way out, I drifted off to sleep.

BUT THEN

SCREEN189.jpg

Flute: This is your father.
: Father. . . ?
Flute: You were a cute child, but now you've grown up.
: What's that supposed to mean, you bad excuse for a father living in my flute?
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: Isn't Grandma Lola's pie delicious?
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: I can't tell you now. . .

SCREEN195.jpg

Will: :decline:
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: I want you to save me. . . .I, too, was once held in this cell. Look at the left-hand wall.
: Well, so much for a comprehensive father.

And then, some kind of translucent stone drops from the celing.

SCREEN198.jpg

: Grandpa? He was a dictator. . .and an architect. . .
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: Your Grandpa knows the secret of that stone.
: Secret. . . ?
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: Starting now, you will encounter a terrible thing.
: Do I have to blame someone for not understanding what you just said. . . ?
OLMANFLUTE.jpg
: Pick up the stone your enemy left. The power of the Crystal is contained there. That power will prove to be your ally. . . .You must make a pilgrimage to the ruins of the world to find the Mystic Statues. The closer you get to the Crystal, the stronger the evil power will be. . .
REVAN-1.jpg
: FUCK YOU I'M THE DARK SIDE CHOSEN ONE.

SCREEN209.jpg

Father, I am disappoint. I wonder if I could play some song to enchant a rope an--

*oink oink*

SCREEN210.jpg

: I wonder if this is Kara's pig. . .Would she care if I roasted it? I could tell her "The dungeon critters got him good". Oh wait, it's carrying a letter.

SCREEN213.jpg

Kara: Sorry to hear you're in prison. It's terrible what my father's done, but hear what I have to say.

: An interactive letter with speakers! I'm pawning this.

SCREEN216.jpg

Danielle Steel, eat your heart out.

SCREEN217.jpg

peaceforever.jpg

SCREEN218.jpg

I don't want to see what you did there.

Aaaand we're back. Now, let's start the important part: DUNGYINZ N BATS

SCREEN219.jpg

Here's the key. To use it, equip and press B in front of the door. This ain't no FOT slackah shit.

SCREEN220.jpg

*open*MOMMA*closes*AMMOM*runs*

SCREEN221.jpg

Save, patch up, move along.

SCREEN222.jpg

No prob, Bob *closes cell door and throws away the key*

SCREEN224.jpg

Stone crucifix? Hardcore.

SCREEN225.jpg

At last, fighting for my life. Controls are simple. A, you flap your flute around. Double-tap to any direction and quickly press A makes you leap, attack and stand around like an idiot for a second or two.

SCREEN226.jpg

Just like that. Anyway, that's a bat. Cannon fodder, quite messy when in groups, but not much of a problem.

SCREEN227.jpg

When you kill all the enemies in a certain room, you get an upgrade! Instead of levelling up, the game raises your stats based on this system. That heart symbolizes an HP upgrade.

SCREEN229.jpg

This is the Critters Map. You get the general idea. What Force is, we'll find out later.

SCREEN230.jpg

To the left, a "Canal Worm". Where there are some bubbles near an opening, there's one of these fuckers. Sentries and top priority, since they can be very annoying, shooting from afar and all. To the right, a "Ribber". Once you kill that Worm, a "Jewel" appears and opens a way to the Ribber. Less threatening than the Bats. Let's kill this mother.

SCREEN231.jpg

LIEK. . .

SCREEN232.jpg

. . .this? Huh, better defense. Still, no pushover.

SCREEN233.jpg

Hey, fellas! Also, why is a dandelion seed floating around my head?

SCREEN234.jpg

Round and around and around and around, where Dandy's heading, nobody knows *TATA TA TA TA TA TATATAx2* It's a ball of Illusions ♪

SCREEN235.jpg

Wuzzat? WHO SAID THAT?!

SCREEN236.jpg

OMG PUZZLE

SCREEN237.jpg

ZOMG

SCREEN238.jpg

:thumbsup:

SCREEN239.jpg

Defense upgrade! Let's go to the next ro--

SCREEN240.jpg

MULTI-FALLING-SPEARS-HITTING-ON-ASS-AND-LEGS

SCREEN241.jpg

Oh, I had forgotten. This is the stone Olman points out at the beginning. Every enemy gives out some of it.

SCREEN242.jpg

MOVING PUZZLE :O

SCREEN244.jpg

Small hole on the wall, rusty button, suicidal tendencies :hmmm:

SCREEN245.jpg

JERONIMOOO

SCREEN247.jpg

Legs crippled, but managed to find a SECRET ROOM.

SCREEN248.jpg

A chest and. . .a soul?

SCREEN249.jpg

SCREEN250.jpg

I feel like a plumber.

SCREEN253.jpg

Yes! My first fifth Jewel!

SCREEN251.jpg

Anyway, first "Mini-boss" fight. I get careless snapping some shots and get killed, learning. . .

SCREEN252.jpg

. . .that it's all a dream. Figures.

SCREEN255.jpg

I kill them before they can say "Max fell ASLEEP!" and BADABING! End of first part of the maze.

SCREEN256.jpg

A rose and a switch. I've seen crazy stuff in my time, like talking daisies and Slime bestiality, but. . .

SCREEN257.jpg

Talking rose suggesting me to play the talking father flute. I'm trippin' ballz. Play it again, Sam.

SCREEN258.jpg

jethro-tull-flute.jpg

SCREEN259.jpg

Ok, voice in my head.

SCREEN260.jpg

SCREEN262.jpg

SCREEN264.jpg

QTE'S! Way ahead of its time.

SCREEN266.jpg

Second QTE! Actually, not timed.

SCREEN267.jpg

After dealing with the worms in my canal, we get a Dark Portal. But not any ark Portal

SCREEN268.jpg

The BIG FUCKING GUY Nº1

SCREEN269.jpg

GAIAMOMMA-1.png
: I am Gaia, the source of all life. I'll give you some advice. Your shape is only temporary. Try standing in front of the statue next to you.

Next UPDATE, we'll get medieval on this dungeon's critters for realz.

SCREEN273.jpg

freedan.jpg
I am Freedan. I am eternal. Let me help you on your journey. As time goes by, you'll come to understand my nature. . . .

SCREEN276.jpg

Transformation time!
SCREEN277.jpg

SCREEN278.jpg

SCREEN279.jpg

SCREEN280.jpg

SCREEN281.jpg

DAPOWAH.jpg
I'VE GOT DA POWAH!

SCREEN282.jpg

The gigantic forehead. . .

SCREEN283.jpg

The badass armor. . .

SCREEN284.jpg

The long blowing-in-the-wind blonde hair of a true warrior. . .

SCREEN285.jpg

And a sword long enough to reach those places behind the fridge you can't with a normal talking flute :obviously: We go further into the dungeon. Moar of the same: Canal Worms, Bats, more bats and a new enemy. Uses the same sprite as the Ribber, but in brown (what is it with the brown? Are they covered in a tough chocolate cover? We may never know)

SCREEN286.jpg

Also, when the body dies, the head flies around eating whatever is in its way (Morte, eat your eyes out)

SCREEN287.jpg

Moving on.

SCREEN288.jpg

Yay! I have. . .lost count.

SCREEN289.jpg

Doungeon's over. . .and demons are away. So, time to go back to puny Will.

SCREEN290.jpg

:salute:

SCREEN291.jpg

SCREEN292.jpg

SCREEN293.jpg

Hi :rpgcodex:

SCREEN294.jpg

I'm Lilly. An Itory girl protected by the Flower Spirit.
Will: :incline:
Lilly: How. . . How do you know a melody you could only have heard from us?
Will: I learned it from Grandma Lola. She hummed it whenever she was upset.
Lilly: I have had some of her pie. It tastes rather unusual, doesn't it?
Will: You know my grandmother?!
Lilly: Actually, she asked me to rescue you!

SCREEN301.jpg

The black wind howls.

SCREEN302.jpg

The eLDer one? What a douche :roll:

SCREEN303.jpg

Goodbye Sheneequa.

SCREEN304.jpg

Dandelion awaaay~~ Anyway, see those barrels? They form some kind of corridor. If you go down said corridor and press A at the end to the left, another Red Jewel. Yay!

SCREEN305.jpg

Back into action, we run amok the Castle corridors to FRREEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMM!

SCREEN306.jpg

I WANT A SECOND OPTION, DOGGAMIT.

SCREEN307.jpg

Best security in the world.

SCREEN313.jpg

Not like we had any choice either :rpgcodex:

Kara: Was the guard asleep outside? His nickname is "Old Snorehead." Sleeping again.
Will: Your little pig has come. . . .and gone down my stomach.
Kara: His name is Hamlet. Cute, isn't he? He's very smart. He has some kind of strange pig power. . .please take me out of here!

SCREEN319.jpg

I brought you some pork chops, but I eated it :(

SCREEN320.jpg

Well, isn't that convenient.

SCREEN321.jpg

Yakitty Yak.

SCREEN322.jpg

Oh no, the undead will come for us, woe is me.

SCREEN323.jpg

You were the one naggin for some leggin.

SCREEN324.jpg

They're probably alive and kicking (and singing).

SCREEN326.jpg

Ahhh, fresh air.

SCREEN328.jpg

Home, at last. Wait until the guys hear this one. . .

SCREEN329.jpg

Straight ahead to my house. What a bummer.

SCREEN330.jpg

The bombs fell, that's what.

3IOT0.jpg

Kara: It's awful! Who would do such a thing. . .Grandpa Bill!
Will: Grandma Lola!
Kara: I'll look upstairs!
Will: I'll look. . .somewhere :hmmm:

3IOT5.jpg

Up she goes and down I stay. BUT THEN!

3IOT6.jpg

Kara, putting the K in Specially Annoying K

3IOT7.jpg

Kara: Look at the wall! This mark, a jackal. . .The Jackal's here!
Will: Jackal. . . ?
Kara: He's the hunter hired by my mother!! An evil man who will stop at nothing! Once he starts after you, there's no stopping him. He has no regard for human life!
Will: My Grandpa and Grandma. . . .

3IOT16.jpg

Suddenly, Spring enters the room.

3IOT17.jpg

Oh, it's just Lilly.

3IOT18.jpg

Will: You're the one who will incessantly fight with Kara over my "friendship". . .

3IOT20.jpg

Lilly: I'm Will's friend.
Will: Lilly, do you know anything about this?
Lilly: It's OK. Your Grandpa and Grandma are safe. They're in my village.
Kara: Your Village?
Lilly: Itory village.
Kara: I've never heard of this village!
Lilly: Naturally. My village has a barrier around it. Ordinary people like you can't see it :troll:

3IOT30.jpg

Will: OK!
Kara: I'm going, too! You can't stop royalty! I do whatever I want!!
Lilly: Typical of a princess. . . Oh Will, you should prepare yourself

3IOT38.jpg

A.K.A. Say goodbye to your puny town. Time to collect bounties.

3IOT39.jpg

I'll roll my dice and see what defense Raise I get

3IOT40.jpg

Way to draw the short straw :rpgcodex:

3IOT41.jpg

NO JOKES FOR ME, PATCHY. See ya!

3IOT43.jpg

I've seen horrors, horrors that you've never seen. But you have no right to call me different. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to judge me.

3IOT44.jpg

3IOT45.jpg

The Horror. The Horror.

3IOT46.jpg

Now that I can turn into a badass swordsman, I'll stick my blade up your cock, you childfucker.

3IOT47.jpg

Kara: I think something wonderful is going to happen (she's been saying the same thing for quite some time)
Lilly: No. From here on there will be many hardships :hmmm:
And they ramble on and on and on WHEN SUDDENDLY

3IOT55.jpg

Will: Shall we get on with our adventure? :x

3IOT56.jpg

Alright, should be enough with you.

3IOT57.jpg

:rage:

3IOT58.jpg

And off we go.

3IOT59.jpg

3IOT60.jpg

3IOT61.jpg

Anyone home?

3IOT62.jpg

Lilly: Will, try playing the melody that called to me under Edward Castle.
Will: :salute:

3IOT64.jpg

jethro-tull-flute.jpg

3IOT66.jpg

3IOT67.jpg

3IOT69.jpg

3IOT70.jpg

The Chosen One is not amused by your puny excuse for a barrier.

3IOT72.jpg

Oh Zurvan, NOT THIS AGAIN. FUCK YOU BOTH, I WANNA ADVANCE THE PLOT.

3IOT75.jpg

Oh, that was easy. Anyway, left from here, near those logs, there's another Red Jewel. Whipped cream Jewellery falling like waterfalls!

3IOT76.jpg

"Their legends are left in song. Even in seemingly meaningless melodies, there is a message." Seriously. Incas. But wait, that would mean, if South is really South. . .South Cape is in Argentina?!: x LIES AND SLANDERS!

3IOT79.jpg

Oh, familiar faces.

3IOT80.jpg

Lola: A terrible thing happened to us! A man called Jackal came to the house with some soldiers. . .
Bill: He almost got us!
Lola: Grandpa panicked. I destroyed their digestion with a poisoned marsupial pie. Then I ran away.
Will: You invited them for tea, THEN killed them silently? GodDammit grandma.

3IOT88.jpg

3IOT89.jpg

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

3IOT90.jpg
+
OhwaitTHAT'STOOMUCHFREEE---

3IOT91.jpg

. . .oh, nevermind.

3IOT92.jpg

3IOT93.jpg

Are you implying they died or perhaps they found nothing, got bored and started new lives?

3IOT94.jpg

LEAVE THE INCAS ALONE!

3IOT95.jpg

3IOT96.jpg

3IOT97.jpg

Fucking missions, how do they work?

3IOT98.jpg

Warping in front of bystanders and doesn't afrid of anything :dance:
3IOT99.jpg

Gaia: Will's power - the Psycho Dash. It can destroy obstacles. Always be alert. If you find a suspicious place, try to destroy it.
Will: Destruction is always welcome.

3IOT102.jpg

3IOT103.jpg

3IOT104.jpg

"Slasher" is overrated

Gaia: Only young Will can use the Psycho Dash. You can smash walls and obstacles by hurling yourself against them. Use The attack button to save energy.

3IOT108.jpg

3IOT109.jpg

PROTIP

3IOT110.jpg

You gotta roll, roll with the wind.

3IOT110.jpg

Roll with wiiiiiind.

3IOT111.jpg

:yeah:

Next update, what's on the other side and THE ROAD TO ELDORADO.:smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Danielle Steel, eat your heart out.
I've seen horrors, horrors that you've never seen. But you have no right to call me different. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to judge me.

:lol:

Do go on.
:thumbsup:

lightbane

Arcane
You should at least post links of the (excellent) music, like this one:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
3IOT111.jpg

What kind of fucking asshole tells a kid to do this? Who they just met?

"LOL go run down that hill really fast it'll be cool"
"WTF there's a cliff!!!one"
*splat*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom