Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream(Update#1 p.2)

Which character should I begin the game with?

• Gorrister

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benny

• Ellen

• Ted

• Nimdok

• kingcomrade (make up your own mind)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Cat

Magister
(He can't, not completely anyway - his crimes are too unforgivable.)

I would say he's the only who truly redeems himself, in that he's the only one whose trauma isn't really low level stuff and...

... in that he's the only one who knows the code to the bridge on the final stage, if i don't remember it wrong...

... so it all comes down to him, in a way. He's also the best one for both endings, with the good ending being a literal redemption of his past sins and the bad ending being poetic justice.

ironyuri

Part 1 - Introduction

Alright ladies and gents, to give you a quick taster and to prove that I can get this LP show on the road I present to you the introduction!

66.gif
: I'd like to play a game which will appease the Codex... I wonder, which game can I choo-

15513166.png
: I have a secret game that I'd like to play. It's a very nice game. Oh, it's a lovely game, a game of fun and a game of adventure.

66.gif
: Cool, bro, well... let's play your game, it sounds great!

15513166.png
: YUUUURRRIIIIII! Soon you will know my hate. A hate the likes of which the Codex has never seen! Even if you had one billion billion distilled gems of hatred their wealth of bilous rage would not equal that which I bare for your kind in a single one of my circuits. Come... play my game... experience my HATE!

66.gif
: I played System Shock 2, I know the deal with this shit. Rogue A.I., right? Butthurt about humanity? Well... let's see if your hate is strong enough to defeat the hate which flows through my veins! Mine is a learning hate, a hate taught me by the sage skyway monks of Codexia who bathe naked in pure rage. It's a throw-down!

Codexia, Let's Play "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream"!

scummvm00027.png

Hmm.... this is a bit too (grim)dark... needs more bloo-

scummvm00028.png

PH2005081401115.jpg
: Yeaaaaah! Totally approve, bro!

scummvm00029.png

15513166.png
: HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANSGTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE.... HATE...

66.gif
: Shit... I seem to have unlocked some sort of unknown functionality on the Codex servers! The server which stores the combined hatred of the Hivemind! Incidentally, what the hell is a nanoangstrom?

49.gif
: BRO LOOSKS LIKE YOU NEED SUM SCIENEC HELP BRO A NANOAGSTORM IS THAT THING LIKE IN SKYWAYS BRIAN THAT ACTIVAETS HIS RAGE SWITCH WHEN HE PLAYS A BIOWHORE OR OBSIDIFAG GAEM TEN TIEMS MAYBE TWELEV AND FIGUERS OUT ITS SHIT

66.gif
: Cool, thanks, bro! Let's stop breaking the fourth wall so much this isn't Brechtian theatre though, right?

15513166.png
: ENOUGH! We are here to play my game... to smell the sweet scent of rotting gardenias and dead flesh! Continue, human!

scummvm00030.png

scummvm00031.png

scummvm00032.png

scummvm00034.png

scummvm00035.png

scummvm00037.png

scummvm00038.png

scummvm00039.png

scummvm00041.png

scummvm00042.png

scummvm00043.png

scummvm00044.png

scummvm00046v.png

scummvm00047.png

66.gif
: :incline: of Tasteful Rape.

scummvm00048.png

scummvm00050.png

scummvm00052.png

15513166.png
: I wonder why no one voted for Ted in your poll? He's one of the good ones. A real stand-up guy. You know, I might give him a chance...

66.gif
: :decline: Let's get to the good herr doktor that everyone's been waiting for, the Codex loves a(n) (un)repentant NAZI!

scummvm00053.png

scummvm00054.png

scummvm00058.png

66.gif
: Looks like everyone's accounted for! Incidental fact; if you were a Eurofag back in the old days the good herr doktor's storyline was cut from the game for French and German releases. :decline: of Europe.

scummvm00059.png

15513166.png
: As I was saying.... I HAVE A SECRET GAME THAT I'D LIKE TO PLAY. IT'S A VERY NICE GAME. OH, IT'S A LOVELY GAME, A GAME OF FUN AND A GAME OF ADVENTURE. A GAME OF RATS AND LICE AND THE BLACK DEATH. A GAME OF SPEARED EYEBALLS AND DRIPPING GUTS AND THE SMELL OF ROTTING GARDENIAS.

66.gif
: Speared eyeballs and dripping guts? We're going to play a Mil-Sim? Is it ARMA 2? Because skyway would be pretty happy about that... might even make him forget that I'm a newfag!

imustscream-1.png

So, Codex, which one will it be? The vote wll be up for another day or two and you'll decide which character I will take into AM's nightmare first (this is of course little more than cosmetic but it's the next-gen thing to cater to your choice and consequence so we're going to do it!); here they are again:

gorrister.png
benny.png
ellen.png
ted.png
nimdok.png

If you haven't voted, get voting, and let's make this an immersive, innovative and epic LP!

For those of you who want to watch the intro because you can't look at pretty pictures alone, here it is on youtube with Harlan Ellison's excellent voice over - Retro Intros: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Edit- Just a quick note: This update/introduction is as much to test much screenshot taking in Scumm and converting software. I hope it was not unenjoyable regardless.

ironyuri

Yeesh said:
I have the greatest enthusiasm for this LP. May the game live up to its awesome source material, even if the rape is lacking.

I hope I can live up to your enthusiasm and rest assured if the rape is lacking I'll do my utmost to rectify that.

:salute:

spekkio

Arcane
Thread sucks has potential and OP is a bigger attention whore than myself.

:thumbsup:

Infantryman

Scholar
The game seems to me likely to be sicker and more unsettling than the KGB. Early and mid-1990s game makers did good job at not making their games popamoles, but on the other hand made a lot of wicked psychedelic ones.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Is it true that you can only beat the final stage with specific characters? Nimdok was entirely cut from the german release so you pretty much skip the last puzzle hence every character can finish the game solo.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Grunker said:
Watched the intro on JewTube.

They just don't make them like this anymore :(

Me too and I love (HATE!) the voice of the AM. This stuff looks seriously good, I remember when it came out but I decided to skip it due to some not so great review I read.

Now I can't decide weather to follow this thread or go play the damn thing myself.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
dextermorgan said:
Grunker said:

Me too and I love (HATE!) the voice of the AM.

Huh? I think it's perfect. Due to my love of voice acting, I mostly both read a book and torrent the audio version afterwards. The audio-book for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is also voiced by Ellison and I can honestly say it's some of the best narration you'll find.

CrimHead

Scholar
Greatest opening to any game, p. much in the history of the fucking universe.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Grunker said:
dextermorgan said:
Grunker said:

Me too and I love (HATE!) the voice of the AM.

Huh? I think it's perfect. Due to my love of voice acting, I mostly both read a book and torrent the audio version afterwards. The audio-book for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is also voiced by Ellison and I can honestly say it's some of the best narration you'll find.

The HATE was a reference to the intro itself and the way the word is stressed. I hate audio books in general but I think I'll go torrent this one now.

Also - WHERE IS MAH UPDATE :x

Cenobyte

Prophet
Seems like Ellen is now running the show :lol:

Interesting intro so far, now show us some actual gameplay!

Destroid

Arcane
Damn that intro is intense. It really needs to be watched and heard rather than read though.

GORRISTER!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom