Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Football Manager - Full-time

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

praetor

Arcane
perhaps it's time to put on the pitch a 2nd striker :smug: i'm sure Patrinho's flair, pace, dribbling and technique would cause mayhem since gallas is so nervous and evra made that mistake.

good match so far and good call with the starting line-up :thumbsup:

a budda

Arbiter
what are you going to say at HT?

v. good game, if we don't win this... :x

i'd leave loon for as much as possible
if france get back in this or things don't look too good i'd take chances with patrinho for andy
put him as left striker, sma supporting as the right striker (make her/him target man), switch dagon with skyway and put him on defensive ball winner

just my few cents
CODEXIA :yeah:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just for the love of god, don't put Fumbles on the pitch. He left his prescription contact lenses in the bus.

Sovard said:
Hey guys check out what happened yesterday in my domestic league.

Spoiler: Nigger cannot into bone density.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=114&id=13995

Edit: Next page? Aw.
Microsoft Silverlight is needed to view this video? : x

Team-talk was, if I remember correctly, Pleased (Team); with maybe a Delighted for Golge Papaz/Gonchi. We started with 'For the Fans!'

~~~

45 - 55 mintues

2qb7x2w.jpg
: France started a lot brighter than when they went in for half time. In the 46th minute Sissoko gets half a yard of space and blasts just over DarkUnderlord's crossbar. France have changed formation slightly, moving Gallas to right-back in place of Kaboul.

do5p6.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: We better not lose this half after dominating the first. Andyman Messiah has lost the ball a couple of times down the right flank and France have had a couple of half-chances.

~~~

56th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Benzema loses out to Serii, who lays the ball forwards to Skyway.

XuJ04.jpg

McBNr.jpg

1b3Dw.jpg

hebZJ.jpg

Tiwte.jpg

gnDsp.jpg

8JGQc.jpg

KSMq8.jpg

B1AsD.jpg

ywkk8.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Looks like we'll need a bullet to beat this goalkeeper.

~~~

56 - 60 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: France are pressing higher up the pitch and it's paying dividends in breaking up Codexia's rhythm.

33peh6v.jpg
: Mathieu Bodmer has been brought on for Abidal. This is great for us as Bodmer is a slow, plodding defensive midfielder. Now both of France's central defenders lack great pace, so they're going to have start to defend deeper. On a brighter note - Little Dagon is now playing nervously. Fecking coward.

30if1oz.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Slight change as I tell Golge Papaz to push higher up the wing and give Skyway a free reign to dive forwards. To compensate I drag Andyman Messiah back, hoping for some good overlapping runs from Serii and tell Little Dagon to stop going forward as much.

2ur82on.jpg

~~~

61st minute

G5jsq.jpg

7SRzB.jpg

MKRTF.jpg

mZDvt.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Great through ball by Skyway!

D6qLd.jpg

00j6P.jpg

uG70S.jpg

3t7Oe.jpg

tipMv.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: :x One touch then shoot! Don't dither on the ball and take two or three touches.

~~~

62 - 71 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Poor marking from a France throw allows Flamini to surge into space on the edge of the Codexia box on the 64th minute.

Kxj4R.jpg

0LqeL.jpg

711sY.jpg

vwsg2.jpg

pRaoX.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Evra keeps nicking the ball away from Andyman Messiah - who's been complete shit the last 20 minutes. Raymond Domenech has seen enough and makes his final two substitutions. Kaboul is replaced by Philippe Mexes who is a much better central defender - strong, good in the air and much better at reading the game; though not the quickest along the floor. Benoit Cheyrou is brought on in place of Flamini - no surprises there, Flamini just couldn't get into the game - Cheyrou is a similar player to Flamini, but is a little bit more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Now if we could accidently break one of their players...

~~~

72nd minute

uHHXt.jpg

1Ggdo.jpg

eX8QJ.jpg

z2uwm.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
:: :what:

tLBB8.jpg

mH1DT.jpg

praetor

Arcane
*while all along the fans chanted "Patrinho! Patrinho! Patrinho!"*

"Andy, am i the only one that finds it kind of baffling that UP still hasn't put on the pitch their best striker? especially with an opposition defence that is so slow..."

"no, Richard. i'm sure that's the reason why the majority of Codexia's fans are invoking his name... let's hope mr. Phoenix listens to his fans and brings in some fun to this game"

:smug:

73rd minute

BPWGT.jpg

cS6iD.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Evra squares it to Cheyrou.

JyWzK.jpg

Spnt6.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Great turn by Karim Benzema!

dUWLo.jpg

KBJpe.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Village Loon hammers the ball clear of danger.

33peh6v.jpg
: ... How can you let Benzema get goal-side of you that easily? Even Blondie could have defended better than that!

~~~

74 - 84 minutes

33peh6v.jpg
: Time for some changes. Sovard is brought on in place of Little Dagon on 75 minutes. We're defending too deep. When we win back the ball we don't have anyone in a good position to counter from. Skyway is booked for a for persistant fouling on 82 minutes. Gourcuff tries to curl the free-kick in from 35 yards - it goes too close for comfort.

E45yW.jpg

DWkz6.jpg

AnSos.jpg

90GkU.jpg

~~~

85th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: The Barbarian clears an Henry cross into touch high up France's left wing. Patrinho has warmed up and is ready to come on, but France take the throw-in quickly!

bCMo1.jpg

6AUrt.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Where's the marking!? :x

FNpk5.jpg

AX5Ia.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: :rage:

bgdzdz.jpg

Fucking finally! Saved it all to the final! :incline:

And I did not try to break his leg because I felt more comfortable aiming for a bigger target and not risk him avoiding a precise leg breaker in that position. So I opted to... put my foot through his chest. :bounce:

Looks like a tremendous match, worthy of a final. That marking is terribad in that last picture, and you could see it coming a light year away.

No predictions but.. Come on lads! We can win this! The cup is within our reach!

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
well A man gotta try!! after so many floating crosses didn't make it to goal.
if french is pressing , you may switch to a defensive wide fast formation, since we apparently have a pace advantage. Sub the SMA if he is slow and need a fresh forward. Also playing the andy as a wingback is probably a very bad idea, it just unnecessarily gimps our attack capabilities, without adding anything worthwhile defensively.

edit:this came a little late....

tYCjG.jpg

ltW0n.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: :x :x

~~~

85 - 90 minutes

33peh6v.jpg
: Patrinho has come on for a tired ScottishMartialArts. I'm not sure how good he'll be on his own, so I've told Fumbles and Lefty to warm up. Patrinho shows what we've been missing with his first touch of the ball - jinking past Mexes on the halfway line and then drawing Bodmer out of position and crossing low across the penalty area. If Sovard had only ran into that space... It would have been a simple tap in and we would be 2-1 up with 3 minutes of injury time.

QTYFD.jpg

~~~

qWb7P.jpg

TFgGk.jpg

fXznc.jpg

NzNpn.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: 2nd half was very tame compared to the first one. France were collectively a lot stronger and Cheyrou has been putting out a lot of good passes to trouble out defense. Andyman Messiah is tired so I'll likely take him off after a couple of minutes if things stay the same. We can't afford to be defensive, so Fumbles will likely get the nod and we'll switch to a 4-3-3.

~~~

90 - 100 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: The Barbarian throws himself in the way to block a powerful shot from Gourcuff that looked to be rifling into the top corner of the net. Apart from that, nothing has really happened. Lots of players are starting to feel the heat and are making mistakes.

33peh6v.jpg
: Don't let me down Fumbles :salute:

2Z5q8.jpg

SdtZa.jpg

~~~

101st minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Pressure from Sovard forces Sissoko to pass forward to Anelka and Gonchi easily intercepts.

sXAgv.jpg

tBF2s.jpg

qsRAd.jpg

t4mlB.jpg

qiQNG.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Nice pass for Golge Papaz by Sovard.

fe6Y9.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Golge Papaz has time to pick his spot!

4wgzN.jpg

PJjpT.jpg

cLf6m.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: If we don't win I'm blaming Golge Papaz for all those chances he's missed :rpgcodex:

~~~

102 - 111 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Skyway stays down clutching his knee after a sliding tackle by Gallas and it looks like he's in a lot of pain. With a bit of physio assistance he climbs back to his feet with a cheer from the Codexia supporters.

33peh6v.jpg
: Stop knocking the ball up into the air for Patrinho! Skyway is right there and Fumbles isn't that far away! :x :x :x

~~~

112th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Fumbles' cross is cleared by Mexes, who easily rose above Golge Papaz, for a Codexia throw-in.

RDXsn.jpg

qO7Vg.jpg

8Ejl8.jpg

fZZIb.jpg

eZH9f.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gallas rises above Skyway and clears the ball for a corner.

vI4mS.jpg

WGdKQ.jpg

FRUA20.gif
: Banal, shit. boring.

24w4yfq.jpg

uzBrc.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
:: :x :x :x :x

~~~

113th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Sovard's corner is cleared by Sissoko but only as far as Serii.

O8qkR.jpg

ExFow.jpg

3Imm5.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Sovard cuts inside.

vYwib.jpg

peo46.jpg

0nolE.jpg

XSsbH.jpg

yLYTS.jpg

kp3wO.jpg

nYSFX.jpg

~~~

114th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gonchi and Sovard combine to clear a dangerous cross by Evra.

u0Lzr.jpg

X5gNJ.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Bodmer's touch allowed the ball to run away from him!

Kai6C.jpg

I0jc8.jpg

TJXRW.jpg

KqsmI.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: This could be it!

lDJCv.jpg

ojzkj.jpg

mx3ap.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Great ball for Fumbles!

33peh6v.jpg
: BURY IT!!!

Ikgqj.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
golgepapaz said:
I knew that 18 strength and determınatıon would come handy at some point.also great decision making to not to go at it on my own.

Don't fumble it Fumbles!!!

Fuck. You just jinxed it!

Undead Phoenix said:
33peh6v.jpg
: If we don't win I'm blaming Golge Papaz for all those chances he's missed :rpgcodex:

5y0Dd.jpg

3PtDG.jpg

zElIh.jpg

CQmsB.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Lloris didn't even have to dive for the ball!

Z8fTQ.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Cleared into touch by Mexes.

33peh6v.jpg
: :rage:

~~~

119th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: A deep cross from Serii is cleared by Bodmer, who jumps clear of Fumbles.

lAJuL.jpg

1NWvy.jpg

TLNAp.jpg

DaBQG.jpg

LHs54.jpg

8bgK8.jpg

LMiqI.jpg

dUOUH.jpg

~~~

vJ2Vs.jpg

SFtCz.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: I'm all out of rage :( Look at our list of penalty takers? All we have left is The Barbarian. I wonder who has the guts to volunteer for the other 4.

begVY.jpg

~~~

33peh6v.jpg
: Cheyrou is first to take the kick for France.

uYat3.jpg

d7YaL.jpg

FTP1m.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Chyerou sent DarkUnderlord the wrong way and slotted it right into the corner of the net.

France 1 - 0 Codexia

33peh6v.jpg
: The Babarian. Has been an inspirition to us and our only competant centre-back. If anyone in the stadium has steady nerves, it'll be him. :salute:

UANGE.jpg

byv8b.jpg

pdwzj.jpg

JTgVG.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Smashed powerfully into the top of the net by The Barbarian!

France 1 - 1 Codexia

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Bodmer steps up for France.

2Lv3m.jpg

Kjv3w.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: That was well taken by Bodmer.

France 2 - 1 Codexia

33peh6v.jpg
: DarkUnderlord steps 10 yards forward to take the next one. I hope he doesn't sky it for the lulz. :salute:

gpJ3i.jpg

qr4W4.jpg

huuSE.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Cooly put away by the Codexia captain.

France 2 - 2 Codexia

2qb7x2w.jpg
: It's going to be Henry to take the penalty.

HdVGO.jpg

zagEY.jpg

NcPp0.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Great penalty by Henry!

France 3 - 2 Codexia

33peh6v.jpg
: Serii has rarely let us down at right-back. Not sure why he's the first volunteer behind DarkUnderlord though. :salute:

LrkvJ.jpg

EMg2R.jpg

JnBTO.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Struck well by Serii.

France 3 - 3 Codexia

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gourcuff steps up after having a good game for France. We all know how well he can hit the ball.

T5y0U.jpg

0Ck2l.jpg

xB157.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Disaster for Gourcuff. He hangs his head in shame!

France 3 - 3 Codexia

33peh6v.jpg
: Fumbles? Fuck no! Someone stop him! :x

MEBJe.jpg

Vr1Ae.jpg

FHpEg.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Well fuck me sideways. I didn't expect that!

France 4 - 3 Codexia

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Mexes must score to keep France in the game.

7jDix.jpg

oh6Ab.jpg

YWnl7.jpg

K7MsY.jpg

5mn57a.jpg

r0YXp.jpg

z9RT6.jpg

xxrvm.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Codexia have fun the World Cup!

33peh6v.jpg
: :smug:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I have been following this thread in the shadows since you started it, UP, and I must say that it is one of the best LP's I have ever read. It was suspenseful, enjoyable, and gloriously written.

Truly you are a god among men.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom