Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Football Manager - Full-time

a budda

Arbiter
you lucky bastard :)

and 7 long of 29 shots is not much
also only 11 corners in a game they were parking the bus?

well, all's well that ends well :)

a budda said:
you lucky bastard :)

and 7 long of 29 shots is not much
also only 11 corners in a game they were parking the bus?

well, all's well that ends well :)
Like I said, I was a wee bit drunk when doing the gane. ;)

We just played poorly, nothing more to say. Could have been really costly. Special thanks to Zdzisiu and his diving skills to give us that extra man in the first half. :smug:

a budda

Arbiter
a few days' rest ;)
who do we play anyway? forgot and have no time to look up now

Gonchi

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014
I'm not sure what stunned me the most; the result A.E.T., that you had me take a penalty or that I scored it...

So who is this Khune character, and why didn't he goalkeep for South Africa last year? :smug:

Gonchi said:
I'm not sure what stunned me the most; the result A.E.T., that you had me take a penalty or that I scored it...

So who is this Khune character, and why didn't he goalkeep for South Africa last year? :smug:
I only have the first 5 penalty takers queued and most of them weren't on the pitch. So if you have the guts and the nerve, you could take one if you wanted. I'm quite happy that you took one, you've played well every game so far - ignoring ratings.

I'm pretty sure Khune did play for South Africa - though don't quote me on that. Like most African goalkeepers he's agile and pulled off some good stops but mades mistakes when it came to positioning and decision-making. :M

Anyway, I'm working on the next update - the final was a beast of a match - pushing over 50 screenshots with 25 minutes gone. I'll post the pre-match build-up later today. France or Spain - who do you think won?

Codexia vs France

World Cup 2010 Final

~~~

In the other semi-final France edged past Spain, Mathieu Flamini scoring an early goal in the 9th minute that allowed France to sit back and control the rest of the game.

35dc2f7.jpg

~~~

NdUfE.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: France are a brilliant side as far as attributes go. As you no doubt saw during the World Cup - their attitude stank, which was why they dropped out like they did, but that isn't (at least, not as strongly) shown in-game.

TCtPZ.jpg

~~~

33peh6v.jpg
: We are, without a doubt, underdogs in the eyes of the media. This is a big help - it'll decrease pressure on us and increase pressure on them. But for all Frances skill and strength, I feel we can win. :smug:

eLnd7.jpg

~~~

33peh6v.jpg
: I agonised over our choice of formation and players for a long time before eventually deciding on a counter-attacking 4-1-4-1. I really wanted Patrinho in the starting eleven, his goals have helped us to this point, but he'd be up on his own and he isn't at his best when playing as a lone striker. Fumbles has missed too many sitters so I put my faith, once again, in ScottishMartialArts. Zdzisiu twisted his ankle on his many dives in the game against South Africa so I play Andyman Messiah for the first time in the MR position. It was a tough choice between Little Dagon and Sovard, but in the end I decide to go with a central midfield full of bite.

25a0jlx.jpg

France

Lloris: Excellent shot stopper. His only weakness is that he isn't the best out there at organising his defense. World Class.

apwYV.jpg

Kaboul: Golge Papaz wouldn't last one round against him in a fight, but that doesn't matter as we'll be able to exploit his slow turn of pace.

550OI.jpg

Evra: Kind of the opposite match-up to Kaboul/Golge Papaz. Andyman Messiah is bigger, stronger and better in the air but Evra is so quick and has great skill with the ball at his feet.

WQoKj.jpg

Gallas: I look at Gallas and I'm glad he's on the pitch. I don't think he's good enough to compete against our strikers.

cIEfX.jpg

Abidal: A very good defender, but we should be able to win the aerial battle with him.

rikbF.jpg

Flamini: Like a little terrier he's going to be nipping at our midfield all match.

sOFRZ.jpg

Sissoko: Very physical and can smash them in from range. He's not one of France's most dangerous players so we can only hope he's not on form in the match since he'll likely have more room to move about it.

ycTbi.jpg

Gourcuff: I'd a big fan of Gourcuff on Football Manager. Brilliant player, if we give him space he'll punish us.

Ry3D0.jpg

Anelka: Quck and his movement off the ball is brilliant. I'd always class him as a striker, so as long as we keep him moving towards the corner flag we should be able to cancel him out.

Y8b9i.jpg

Henry: He's getting long in the tooth, like some key members of this France team, but he's still a big threat. Since he doesn't have great pace anymore I'll be asking Serii to keep close and make sure he doesn't cut inside. Henry isn't the sort of winger who'll always track back to help his full-back.

ca6Rq.jpg

Benzema: Fast, skilled and clinical. Although he's quite good in the air, our defense is better, so we should look to cut out supply on the ground to him.

GhkXL.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: My tactics are simple. Force Anelka and Henry out wide and mark Gourcuff tightly at all times. Defend and break forward to attack in numbers. Control the centre of the pitch and we'll get chances while preventing theirs.

~~~

33peh6v.jpg
: Let's do this.

IZqdN.jpg

~~~

It's been a long journey and we still don't have any kind of team spirit. I didn't expect us to get this far, but the draw was kind to us and we got lucky against South Africa. Whatever happens - I'm not fucking getting paid enough to deal with you all :salute:

Predictions for final score and what formation/tactics you would have used if you were in my shoes are welcome here. Not happy that you didn't make it for our last game? Tell me why I should have played you so that you can brag when we lose 5-0.

a budda

Arbiter
oh, fuck you, now i'm sitting thinking what sergiu's words mean

i'd play 4-1-3-2 but 4-1-4-1 isn't bad either considering sma is a great striker and middle three are nearly gods

i'll go with the safest bet: we won 2-1 after extratime, sma got the fisrt, then sissoko scored a 30yarder and you brought on todd howard to save tha day and he got the winner :smug:

a budda said:
oh, fuck you, now i'm sitting thinking what sergiu's words mean

i'd play 4-1-3-2 but 4-1-4-1 isn't bad either considering sma is a great striker and middle three are nearly gods

i'll go with the safest bet: we won 2-1 after extratime, sma got the fisrt, then sissoko scored a 30yarder and you brought on todd howard to save tha day and he got the winner :smug:
Until you mentioned Todd Howard, I was all ":smug:" myself. You'll find out why soon enough. If 4-1-3-2, who would you have played?

a budda

Arbiter
now thinking of it, maybe 4-1-4-1 is better, we don't have 4 quality midfields, maybe golge papaz could play leftmost mc with offensive duties and patrinho upfront instead of andy, skyway, loon and dagon a must in the middle
anyway, good team

Let's get this show on the road.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

0-6 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Abidal picks up a knock after a tackle from Skyway. A good dribble from Gonchi draws a foul on the edge of the France penalty area but Skyway shoots wide. Codexia have a good chance on 4 minutes, a low cross from Golge Papaz, who intercepted a poor pass by Flamini in France's half of the pitch, forcing Patrice Evra to bravely dive to head the ball back to his goalkeeper with ScottishMartialArts ready to pounce.

LWnXv.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: We've started very brightly. We're pressing high and catching France on the ball in dangerous positions on the pitch and have already had a few good chances. DarkUnderlord is leading by example. :salute:

6gBvV.jpg

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

7th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: A poor touch by Golge Papaz allows Kaboul to clear from a dangerous position.

cyCjv.jpg

zfygl.jpg

SbnZ4.jpg

bgdzdz.jpg

idezq.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Benzema went down like a brick! The Village Loon certainly left his mark on him there!

N7oaB.jpg

ZPOIZ.jpg

50.gif
: :yeah:

2qb7x2w.jpg
: No surprise as the referee reaches into his pocket...

a budda

Arbiter
i love the "... needs medical attention" :smug:

it's yellow, no chance of red in that situation unless he went full retard and elbowed him in the nose

EDIT: you haven't been watching El Clásico? (fuck you barca putas :) go cry to your mommies)

a budda

Arbiter
Marcelo and Di Maria are killers, loved how tame barca looked, fucking superstars and it was real that were supposedly "parking the bus" that had most clear cut chances, could have been 2-0 HT
can't wait for CL semis :M

a budda said:
i love the "... needs medical attention" :smug:

it's yellow, no chance of red in that situation unless he went full retard and elbowed him in the nose

EDIT: you haven't been watching El Clásico? (fuck you barca putas :) go cry to your mommies)
1) Two footed

2) From behind

3) The ball was still in the air

4) German ref

No chance of a red? :rpgcodex:

~~~

SpMSY.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: You could almost here the Codexia's fans sigh of relief. The Village Loon can count himself lucky there!

33peh6v.jpg
: Mate, if you're going to go in like that, this early in the game - AT LEAST MAKE SURE YOU BREAK HIS FUCKING LEG!! This could have cost us the game! :x

~~~

8-14 minutes

2qb7x2w.jpg
: That yellow doesn't seem to have shaken the Village Loon's confidence. Seconds later he slides in on Gourcuff, cleanly winning the ball. Codexia's wide players are being a handful for France's full-backs. Gourcuff has taken a couple of shots from distance but they've all been blocked.

33peh6v.jpg
: France have gotten themselves back into the game after a slow start, but we are still the stronger of the two teams.

~~~

15th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Golge Papaz beats Kaboul again to get a low cross in across the face of the goal. Gallas heads the ball to safety - Henry and the Village Loon race towards the ball.

Nq0xM.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: The Village Loon wins the ball and it lays it off to Little Dagon.

oOFak.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Poor pass forwards by Little Dagon.

FGMW3.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gallas can't control the ball and it falls to ScottishMartialArts!

pfLJF.jpg

89ebQ.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: First time pass ahead of Golge Papaz!

dGKDX.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Golge Papaz shoots!

rCXQ8.jpg

YQYKC.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Lloris gets down quickly, getting a hand to the ball and tipping it wide! Fine save!

33peh6v.jpg
: A fine move there. If Golge Papaz had smashed that across the goalkeeper I think we would have been one up.

~~~

19th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Skyway plays the ball to Andyman Messiah before driving past him into the space his dribble made.

u3dnN.jpg

oLlGI.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: France are opening up for Skyway!

97xlL.jpg

uFKf1.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Nice pass by Skyway as Golge Papaz breezes past Kaboul.

GDsKP.jpg

wtQJc.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: First time shot by Golge Papaz!

L3rdI.jpg

BPrcw.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Lloris pushes away Golge Papaz's powerful shot and Gallas clears it with a diving header.

Adiz6.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Great movement off the ball, but the finish left a lot to be desired. Golge Papaz is running circles around Kaboul, so I've told our players to focus passing down the left.

~~~

20th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Andyman Messiah plays a wonderful long pass to ScottishMartialArts who was clear of the last defender - but unfortunately the first touch is poor and the shot is rushed and right at Lloris.

Xwrne.jpg

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I am coming for you LLoris.Just how long can you keep saving them?

Playing me in position is the best decision you've made after the last few matches, now try to make it less crossing more cutting inside and TTB and you'll see we'll wipe the field with the french

You buggers better appreciate this :love:

21st minute

MwNgB.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Sissoko is in so much space!

kavW2.jpg

NDMP5.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: A piledriver from Sissoko!

yAFb7.jpg

g8SnE.jpg

PvFhL.jpg

oTsE2.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: It would have taken something special to beat DarkUnderlord from there! But what a shot that was!

33peh6v.jpg
: A warning that we can't rest for even minute. Benzema drew our defense to the right to make the space for Sissoko.

~~~

23rd minute

h1nst.jpg

ctNGl.jpg

Mq02n.jpg

cylNR.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Skyway places it to ScottishMartialArts

audx1.jpg

q5X1i.jpg

CbP2g.jpg

Tqnj0.jpg

SrlUD.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Why couldn't we play like this against South Africa? This attack isn't over yet though! Even the sight of the Village Loon closing in causes Gourcuff to send a pass astray!

KvUm6.jpg

jgA4u.jpg

LJCIo.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Sissoko forces Andyman Messiah wide.

rWiEZ.jpg

VcPCH.jpg

Uf94j.jpg

RFygq.jpg

eYBRH.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: How did Golge Papaz beat Kaboul in the air!?

CiNVG.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: ScottishMartialArts got up high!

zmnuj.jpg

T6GGz.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: :yeah:

YrDKK.jpg

itu5Z.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Andyman Messiah is having a right go at the referee! He's furious at the decision to disallow the goal! There didn't appear to be a lot wrong with it.

33peh6v.jpg
: :x If he thinks that's a foul then he needs his bloody eyes tested.

~~~

25th minute

gs1VB.jpg

IxQFV.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gourcuff passes forward to Henry.

bqduZ.jpg

j6tno.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: God tackle by Village Loon, but the ball falls kindly for Benzema!

Ydpbt.jpg

PCIdy.jpg

mAuU9.jpg

EdSpE.jpg

B8fzB.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Codexia are furious with the assistant referee. They clearly feel the goal was offside!

33peh6v.jpg
: And out of nothing - France are ahead. that's football for you.

~~~

30th minute

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Sissoko passes forward to Anelka but the pass is cut out by Gonchi.

Xg0kq.jpg

zXitC.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Gonchi skipped over Sissoko's challenge like he wasn't even there.

8BYRK.jpg

iFPXh.jpg

WQ8Xe.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Lloris came for the ball but Abidal took no chances.

1R1JB.jpg

2DCM3.jpg

N9SFg.jpg

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Wolfgang Stark looks over at his assistant and awards the penalty! Evra was deemed to have tripped Andyman Messiah! That didn't look like a penalty to me!

xsfFk.jpg

LHVdb.jpg

vJWoE.jpg

Momdc.jpg

fLfL4.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Justice for that decision he made against us earlier. :smug:

~~~

31 - Half time

2qb7x2w.jpg
: France almost break through in the 33rd minute, an excellent tackle by Gonchi taking the ball away from Anelka who was clear in on goal.

yf6x3.jpg

68q4w.jpg

k5lAJ.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Beautiful. Just beautiful.

2qb7x2w.jpg
: Codexia have penned France back in their own half and have gotten into dangerous positions constantly. Anelka has a chance from the edge of the area after drinfting away from Gonchi - in the end his swerving shot comfortable for DarkUnderlord. Kaboul is booked on the stroke of half time for tugging back Golge Papaz.

UiPI4.jpg

Na6mU.jpg

iCObh.jpg

~~~

Half time

X1nDv.jpg

KDr89.jpg

8qOhD.jpg

33peh6v.jpg
: Well, what can I say? This is the best I've ever seen us play. Look at the stats! DarkUnderlord has been solid in goal, though I feel he could have done better for the goal we conceded. Serii has had it quiet so far. Gonchi has been amazing both in attack and defense. The Barbarian and Cultist Chan look comfortable, though I've been worried by how they both seem to drift to the right of the pitch. The Village Loon is, quite simply, dominating the middle - he's making Skyway and Little Dagon look bad! - he seems to be everywhere at once, but I'm worried about his reckless challenge and booking earlier, so he'll likely be brought off, but I'll leave him on for as long as I dare. Andyman Messiah has been a handful for Evra, winning us the penalty and always offering good cover for Serii. Golge Papaz - brilliant, his crosses have been good even if ScottishMartialArts hasn't gotten onto the end of many and I've told him to cut inside more for the 2nd half. Little Dagon has been quiet and overshadowed by Village Loon. Skyway started quiet but is growing into the game, his movement and passing has been good and he scored that vital penalty for us. ScottishMartialArts should have a goal, but that's beside the point - working well as a lone striker and part of the team, but not as much of a threat as Patrinho would be.

33peh6v.jpg
: Lloris has made a couple of good stops to keep France in the game, we could have been 2 or 3 ahead. Kaboul is getting tortured by Golge Papaz and Evra hasn't had much chance to get forward. Gallas and Abidal have struggled to cope with the physical presence of ScottishMartialArts. Flamini has been quiet and Sissoko isn't having the best game of his career. Anelka and Henry are struggling to beat our full-backs - though they stay forward even when we're attacking, so could prove dangerous on the counter. Gourcuff is doing well, but hasn't been given any space and Benzema is being marked out of the game - his goal has been his only contribution so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom