Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

Roderick

Savant
amazing. one of the best LPs i've ever seen

:salute:

Muro

Educated
I started reading this LP because hey, it's Fallout, and because I just finished RK47's most excellent Arcanum LP a bit earlier and was hungry for more of his creativity.

The beginning of the Fallout LP was rather slow (though that may be a fault of the game rather than the LP itself) and Brian's personality seemed quite dull. Trust in the authors potential supported by memories of the Arcanum LP was what allowed me to not abandon reading the LP at that point and endure the beginning.

Things got interesting around the Hub, when some nice character development started and it was no longer obvious what Brian's next choice and course of action will be. From that point reading the LP was a true pleasure and I found myself frequently checking the thread for updates.

I had no knowledge about Brian Mitsoda and/or Vince prior to this thread and some googling that followed it, so the references aimed at that topic weren't particularly entertaining for me, but I didn't find them annoying either.

I liked Todd when he was an action-craving AI. Less when he was obnoxiously mentioning working on a game, so I tried to ignore that in order to not spoil the fun.

I liked the short speech Brian gave Vault 13 through the Intercom at the very end. It was actually moving. Elevated, and yet a bit awkward, showing that while the Vault Dweller may not be the brightest and most skilled speaker in the world, he simply cares about those in the Vault and wants to help them. Possibly also help himself by being needed rather than lonely if anyone would follow him but hey, he has the right to that.

The Khan sequence following the speech was a bit unnecessary. It was good on its own, but it diluted an ending which would leave the reader with a better afterthought by itself. The way I read it in my brain, the intercom speech and marching into the wasteland was the true ending and credits followed. At first there were normal credits with "Maybe" by Ink Spots. When that song ended, the second part of the credits interjected with the Khan scenes while "Dear hearts and gentle people" by Bob Crosby played in the background. A little bonus for those watchers who stay in the cinema till the end of the credits to think about the movie, listen to the music and see if there's anything extra during/after them.

It may seem that I was mostly concentrating on the bad stuff, but I guess that's mostly because everything else was of high quality. All in all, this was a good LP and time invested in reading it was a time spent well. If you ever make a Fallout 2 LP, RK47, you'll have at least one guaranteed reader.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed it. That's...uh..the last LP I'll do this year. Perhaps. December is going to be a vacation for me.

Majestic47

Learned
Serious_Business said:
This was pretty sweet brah. Makes me want to play Fallout again.

RK47 said:
Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed it. That's...uh..the last LP I'll do this year. Perhaps.

Looking forward to your Skyrim LP

RK47 said:
I am NOT LPing Skyrim!

Is that so? :smug:

Fuck you. So what if I am! Here's a trailer!

Maybe I should do a video LP for the first time. MUCH faster and easier.

Morkar Left

Awesome LP. I really enjoyed the reading. I came for having another Fallout experience and to see a different approach to my playthrough. I stayed to read the end of the story. :salute:

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom