Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Fallout 3 DLCs (3/5) MOTHERSHIP ZETA!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't think anyone will really look back fondly at Mothership Zeta. It's a pretty mediocre DLC even by Fallout 3 standards. From what I recall it got the lowest review scores and the most fan backlash. I wonder why?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, let's be fair, Mothership Zeta at least kind of reviewed like shit, compared to the Pitt or Broken Steel. Even game reviewers didn't like it, and that's saying something.

It's every bit as bad as I'd...uh...hoped? I don't know, what's the word. Is this...is this the worst that can ever be done to the Fallout franchise? I hope so.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Man, that Anchorage guy sure knows a lot about alien computers and language.
He must have failed his Alien Chemistry class though, since he can't recognize them compounds.

I don't think anyone will really look back fondly at Mothership Zeta. It's a pretty mediocre DLC even by Fallout 3 standards. From what I recall it got the lowest review scores and the most fan backlash. I wonder why?

They enjoyed it more than Honest Hearts/Lonesome Road afaik. I think HH got around 6/10 and LR got 5/10, while both Dead Money and Mothershit Zeta got 7/10. Don't know what to make of that.

So, bad Fallout 3 is still better than alright New Vegas, amirite? :smug: Those Obsidian cannot really into immersive rpgs.

bump. Broken Steel or the Pitt next? Fantastic mods like anime rape and ponies or keep the majesticness intact? Boycott of Bethtard forums? Anyone?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Do the Pitt next. At least the DLC you have left now are supposedly the good ones, compared to Zeta.

And yeah, of course Fallout 3 DLC score higher than New Vegas DLC, because... ... ... fuck if I know, reviewers just work that way.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
still doing this, geezee? if so, the pitt please.

very enjoyable so far, btw :) cheers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom