Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Battle For Wesnoth - Codex Ironman Edition

KickAss

Augur
wow, im awesome :)
castanova, you will always live in our hearts! like some kind of heart cancer or something!

Black_Willow

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Black Willow unleashes the might of Dwarven gunpowder on one of the more dangerous enemies for terrible, terrible damage, killing him in one blow.

Black Willow once again busts a cap in dat ass and kills in one hit.

Black_Willow - 1 kill
:?:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Black_Willow said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Black Willow unleashes the might of Dwarven gunpowder on one of the more dangerous enemies for terrible, terrible damage, killing him in one blow.

Black Willow once again busts a cap in dat ass and kills in one hit.

Black_Willow - 1 kill
:?:

Ok, I fixed that.

Big Nose George said:
Post the statistics, mang.
Menu -> Statistics

Shit, didn't even know there was such a thing. The thing is it won't let me take screenshots of menus, so I'll use print screen and edit, so expect them in 10 minutes.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Stats-1.jpg
Stats-2.jpg

Stats-3.jpg
Stats-4.jpg

Big Nose George

Educated
Stats-1.jpg

Its only the second scenario but +(% for you and -17% for them? Are you sure its really Ironman? ^^
But thats baseless accusation because I dont know how far it usually spreads.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well this next mission is incredibly short, so there's not much to it. We fight some trolls and we have a turn limit of 16 turns.
I start by recalling everybody who can still gain valuable XP. Schwanz cannot get upgraded any further, so from this point on he's forbidden to inflict killing blows so that the others can benefit from that XP boost. Because of this, he'll be on the sidelines this mission.
Screenshot_000.jpg

The Troll king only summons a castle-full of the lowest grade Trolls. They hit hard, but only twice, and they have almost the same terrain advantages as Dwarves do, so the odds should be equal.
Screenshot_001.jpg

Our defensive position is forming.
Screenshot_002.jpg

The Trolls know that I have the terrain advantage, so they choose not to attack as soon as possible, which is pretty smart for them. The mission is devious in that most of the action takes place at night, so their damage output is dangerously high.
Screenshot_003.jpg

KickAss knocks a Troll down all by himself, hitting all three times for massive damage. Satori them moves in and throws some axes at the other Troll in the area.
Screenshot_004.jpg

Satori once again has an orgy on his hands, but manages to pull through after being trolled.
Screenshot_005.jpg

He uses this opportunity to slash at the neighbouring Troll and takes it out. With some support from the thunderers, KickAss also adds another name on his deathlist.
Screenshot_006.jpg

However, not all is well this night... Satori falls victim to the curse of the scout and perishes in battle with honour. Our second casualty of the game...
Screenshot_007.jpg

Dragonfk is the one to brutally murder Satori's murderer, and takes on the mantle of the fallen. Will this be another hex cast upon our fellow Dwarf, or will it prove to strengthen his resolve? Only time will tell.
Screenshot_008.jpg

Zdzisiu starts chanting the Icelandic national anthem, sharpens his Viking helm and sets fire to his faithful dog for good luck - and it pays off with another Troll soul hellbound.
Screenshot_009.jpg

KickAss finishes the last Troll off, and the low-level troops charge into the enemy castle to take out the ranged-impaired Troll king. Azael takes a swipe at him and gains the momentary experience to ascend to an appropriate plane of existence - Dwarven Annalist.
Screenshot_010.jpg

Another Troll gets summoned, but the turn limit is approaching and there's no time to kill.
Screenshot_011.jpg

Krash delivers the killing blow and levels up into an impenetrable mountain man.
Screenshot_012.jpg

And here's the second statistics list:
stats.jpg

The kill list for this mission is as follows:
KickAss - 3
Dragonfk - 1
Zdzisiu - 1
Krash - 1

Again, this update comes with a very special dedication to Satori.
winge_Orvar_Odd.jpg

:honourblade:

You have my nickel plated hacking device!

Or something to that effect. Sign me up to die, dammit. Don't care what you place me as.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
You have my nickel plated hacking device!

Or something to that effect. Sign me up to die, dammit. Don't care what you place me as.

I like your spirit, son. If this campaign lets me recruit Berserkers, you'll be the first among their ranks. They don't stop their attack until either they or the enemy are dead, and it's usually the enemy.

Hieromancer

Educated
I'd be happy to be on board as well. If you need meat-shields, I'm your man!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom