Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Face the Antarans! (MoO2) -The End- The Master Race -

Are we going Custom Race?

• Yes - Check my post for build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Check my post for pre-generated race choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh forgot to ask:

1) Do we press the harassment on Kholdan V (with its star base taken out) and risk getting swallowed by the hyperspace beast while on transit?

or

2) Wait till the hyperspace beast disappear before resuming attacks?

or

3) Time to expand quietly in our own borders?

plan.jpg

Transporters are very nice to combine with neutron blasters, besides giving your marines ranged boarding iirc you don't have to immobilize enemy ships either anymore, transporters also rock on bombers, they transport bombs to planets as well, no more need to crawl next to planet to attack.

I vote 2, in the mean time maybe build a couple of dedicated bombers, they're the best at taking out planetary defenses, second ship class is best suited for those.

RK47

Patron
Desmodus Rotundus said:
Transporters are very nice to combine with neutron blasters, besides giving your marines ranged boarding iirc you don't have to immobilize enemy ships either anymore, transporters also rock on bombers, they transport bombs to planets as well, no more need to crawl next to planet to attack.

I vote 2, in the mean time maybe build a couple of dedicated bombers, they're the best at taking out planetary defenses, second ship class is best suited for those.

This idea of yours is quite intriguing. So, should I scrap the missile cruiser idea and instead go for Anti Matter Torpedoes?

Or perhaps an Assault Shutter Cruiser to assist with the captures?

I am also considering research into Electronic Counter Measures to fight off the missiles.

We need to rebuild a next generation Mentat Cruiser...submit a few design ideas.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You should have moved the ship back, maybe even retreated it for a while if you had a base near.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
1)

BTW, if you can afford it for a while, i'd keep one of their planets colonized by them and blockaded. It's a nice thing to be able to steal tech from a already mortal enemy if you're uncreative.

Plus i think the AI will eventually declare war on you if you're not on war with some smucks, better a weak enemy than a psilon rape fleet.

You really should have played the first. The fleet system is so much better it isn't funny. Doomstacks of small fighters, each one being built on one turn...

RK47

Patron
Music: Tiberian Dawn - Act on Instinct

We lie in wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. The Hyperspace monster continues to be a nuisance. The defenders of Tarandus Prime is called into action once more.

orion2_000.png

Their relentless is about to be punished.

orion2_001.png

All defenders are focused in taking down the enemy ships, one by one.

orion2_003.png

One cruiser down! And the other retreats.

orion2_007.png

Assault Shuttles technology is proposed. With a little luck, we might capture and scrap the enemy ships for technology.

orion2_008.png

orion2_009.png

Ion Drive research initiated. This will facilitate rapid reinforcing of the front line. Cutting most travel time by half.

orion2_011.png

The next step of power research is to develop Anti-Matter.

orion2_012.png

This is a good project. We will use Anti-Matter accordingly.

orion2_013.png

Magistrate Chug reports that the final phase of Fellowship terraforming will complete in one and a half year. The delay is due to the Star Base construction that takes priority during war times.

orion2_014.png

The signal is given! Strike!

orion2_015.png

The next generation mentats with an accompanying Skyway fighter is sent through the wormhole to regroup with the Tarandus fleet.

orion2_016.png

Onward, my fighters!

orion2_017.png

The Klackons can only muster a missile base to protect their Capital.

orion2_020.png

It is not enough.

orion2_021.png

:smug:

orion2_022.png

Now, the grinding begins...

orion2_025.png

orion2_026.png

Our preliminary assault will focus on taking out one defense platform at a time and retreating before the missiles can hit us.

orion2_027.png

Additional fighters from Sol Prime is sent periodically to reinforce the frontline.

orion2_028.png

It seems the Klackons have spent a considerable sum to smuggle resources to rebuild their star base within a month - no matter. Their credits will run dry eventually...

orion2_030.png

Still, the Fighter Garrison pose a considerable threat, and continues to wipe our waves of our Assault Shuttles. Better the shuttles than our prized Cruisers, I guess...

orion2_032.png

We will expand our horizons with some recon missions.

orion2_033.png

The stripping of Klackon defense is bearing fruit. Until...

doc.png
Uh..milord, we've received a strange signals from the Space Beyond.

orion2_035.png

What is it?

orion2_036.png

doc.png
A small fleet is approaching Kholdan system. Unknown configuration.

Inform the fleet to be ready.

orion2_037.png

It seems broadening our horizon always yields some ugly race out there in the galaxy. But there's always our faithful allies to count on...

orion2_038.png

Years of peace and trade have kept relations very warm in this cold, uncaring galaxy. Since the 'liberation' of Ras Colony, our races have been very close.

orion2_039.png

An Alliance will be...profitable. Of course. With this, the people will believe in our cause. I'll sign it gladly.

orion2_040.png

Good...hope they both kill each other.

orion2_042.png

Just a lone fighter? This shouldn't be a problem.

orion2_043.png

Kholdan Prime finally cracked under pressure. The siege claims a Skyway destroyer, but nothing to be worried about.

orion2_044.png

Yeah, but can you walk the talk, cripple? Still, they make good trading partners...

orion2_045.png

While the going is good, I've decided to develop Irra III. Huge and Rich. With proper terraforming, this will be a super factory.

orion2_046.png

Claim it in the name of the Hivemind.

doc.png
Sir. You've received a formal invitation to the Galactic Council meeting. Its first.

Hmm. This could be a trap, but ready my shuttle.

orion2_048.png

Ahh...this should be interesting.

The Gnolams abstained (6 votes) - So many votes! Perhaps they're not as weak as I thought!
The Alkaris abstained (5 votes) - Hmm. Did not expect that...
The Trilarians voted us (4 votes) - My ally will never let me down.
The Mrrshans abstain (3 votes) - Who are they?
The Elerians abstain (3 votes) - Ha!
The Klackons abstain (1 vote) - I'll make sure you won't attend the next Council meeting, insect.
The Silicoids voted for themselves (8 votes) - So, they're the most influential in the galaxy?

orion2_056.png

Of course, I'll vote for myself.

orion2_058.png

Hm. Perhaps I should look into diplomatic relations more...if this Silicoid continues to be my rival candidate, I should be able to influence the council easily to my side.

orion2_061.png

The scouts at Izar system discovers a great prize!

orion2_062.png

orion2_059.png

Development of Zortium Armor continues.

orion2_060.png

Irra III, awaiting Klackon workforce.

Meanwhile, in the Hivemind Weapons R&D...

orion2_063.png

No, doctor..it's too large. When I look at this design, I want it to be cheap, fast, and available at the quickest notice. They're not the backbone, they simply exist to deliver the butthurt. Perhaps smaller...

doc.png
I see...how about this?

orion2_064.png

Hm. Much better. Begin mass productions of these Frigates.

orion2_066.png

The last Klackon colony defenses claimed another Skyway fighter, and the attacks have to be stopped for now.

orion2_069.png

The alien fleet approaches.

orion2_076.png

launch.png

orion2_079.png

orion2_pilot.png
Scan complete. I'm reading a lot of alien techs. Mentat, get your Ass-Shuttles ready for capture. The Authority will be pleased if we can scrap these techs. Peace through power, brothers!

orion2_mentat.png
Acknowledged, Skyway Leader. Commence attack!

orion2_083.png

orion2_084.png

orion2_pilot2.png
Fuck, we're barely denting this guy. This is impossible!
orion2_mentat.png
Assault shuttles docked and...oh god.

orion2_085.png

orion2_mentat.png
Capture's impossible! All guns on target. Fire!

orion2_087.png

orion2_pilot3.png
We're doing all we can, Mentat. Hold on...

orion2_088.png

orion2_mentat.png
My engine's disabled. I can't jump out!

orion2_089.png

orion2_pilot.png
Almost there brothers! Finish it!
orion2_mentat.png
Too late - reactor's going crit-

orion2_090.png

orion2_pilot2.png
Shit, we just lost a cruiser!
orion2_pilot.png
Finish the job, squad!
orion2_pilot3.png
Enemy down! Yeah, scratch one alien. Wait, it's going critical it's...

orion2_091.png

orion2_pilot3.png
Fuuuuuuuu-
orion2_pilot.png
Shit. 3 didn't survive the explosion. Command, Kholdan defense successful. Casualty report: Mentat and Skyway-3.

Ugh. What are these fighters? And where do they come from? And 5 marines repelling 15?!

orion2_092.png

orion2_093.png

Sure, let me send upload you the credit authorization...

goatse.jpg ....upload complete.

orion2_094.png

So be it.

orion2_095.png

We'll be ready for you. Don't let the Silicoids rape you first before we get there...

orion2_096.png

How worrying. The Silicoids are far ahead of us.

orion2_097.png

Ah. They don't need to eat...they would make decent slaves.

orion2_098.png

Hm. Sure, always happy to help a cripple. These fuel cells will extend our fleet range. Thank you. We also secured both trade and research agreements.

orion2_099.png

Just to be safe...

Current galactic map

plan.jpg

RK47

Patron
Hm I just realized, I can't simply use Mind Control for Colony Takeovers against a rival Telepathic race like Elerians. I need to build troop transports and engage ground combat after their fleet and space defense are taken out.

Target is probably Saxon system. Let's consider the options, should we:

1. Build a fleet and a small transport group to attack Elerian space to take additional systems under our empire's control.

or

2. Ignore the Elerian's threat (Seriously they're THE LAST race in power curve it's not even funny) and focus on developing our mega colony projects while posting a small fleet as preventive measure.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
2 (but if the putzs get wasted by the silicoids, hurry up to get your pound of flesh)

Since you're a experienced MoO2 player that thing with the antarans was expected right? No way you're capturing their ships without waves and waves of veteran marines combat +20 full of ground combat techs (after softening the crew with death rays, but not before their fucking self-destruct triggers).

I never once managed to capture one of their titans class.

This makes me cry.

You're lucky you didn't get the psilons.

RK47

Patron
I had the assault shuttle...so..might as well give it a shot. Heh.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I wish the race system also applied to the origin of the ships. A bullrathi commando ship, or a Elerian mind control cruiser can you imagine it?

RK47

Patron
SCO said:
I wish the race system also applied to the origin of the ships. A bullrathi commando ship, or a Elerian mind control cruiser can you imagine it?

Yep. I actually thought of that. If I can get a High G worker, why can't I use this ability in ground troop deployment? It'd be tricky to code, but meh, MOO2 already achieved so much, they could've sold an expansion pack with some new techs and additional races and it'd still be better than MoO 3.

tindrli

Arcane
RK47 said:
SCO said:

Yep. I actually thought of that. If I can get a High G worker, why can't I use this ability in ground troop deployment? It'd be tricky to code, but meh, MOO2 already achieved so much, they could've sold an expansion pack with some new techs and additional races and it'd still be better than MoO 3.

defenetly a legendary game.. as usual cant get it work on this fuckin gaydows 7

and MoO3 is not even close.. but still with those icecream flavour mods that are around its starts to be at least playable

i wonder, does GOG version supports windows 7 in a way that you just install and play or not??

RK47

Patron
TBH i don't own the GoG version. What's so different about Win7? Don't you just run dosbox and mount the appropriate folder and type orion2 (enter) to run the game?

tindrli

Arcane
RK47 said:
TBH i don't own the GoG version. What's so different about Win7? Don't you just run dosbox and mount the appropriate folder and type orion2 (enter) to run the game?

i dont think so .. i think i even try it and it does not work.. ..i think you must install the game even in dosbox

Orion95 used to work fine on XP, it does not on W7.

i have a laptop here with windows XP and orion 2 installed and it not works pass an intro :(

RK47

Patron
tindrli said:
RK47 said:

i dont think so .. i think i even try it and it does not work.. ..i think you must install the game even in dosbox

Orion95 used to work fine on XP, it does not on W7.

i have a laptop here with windows XP and orion 2 installed and it not works pass an intro :(

:( that is a pity.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I bought the gog bundle, MoO1 and 2, both work flawlessly in windows7.

Too bad about not capturing that antaran ship. Getting those juicy techs can mean a world of difference, the armour tech alone is amazing when applied to your starbases... :smug:

RK47

Patron
SCO said it is impossible...but...hmm. Is it really?

Shall we make attempts to capture one? Anyways...at work, here's the latest edition of Galactic News: Kholdan Victory Commemorative Edition!

03.jpg

tindrli

Arcane
RK47 said:

Shall we make attempts to capture one? Anyways...at work, here's the latest edition of Galactic News: Kholdan Victory Commemorative Edition!

03.jpg

that's affirmative Sir!

start the preparations right away! :salute:

RK47 said:
Shall we make attempts to capture one?
It's not impossible, just takes some effort. Even if you kill off all the marines, there's still a 50% chance for the ship to self-destruct, thanks to the Quantum Detonator.
But if you think you can do it without dangerously weakening your forces, I say go for it. The techs are nice - especially, this early on.

PS: If you can get to Orion and destroy its guardian, it may be the easier way to get the technologies. But the easier way is not the Hivemind way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom