Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Face the Antarans! (MoO2) -The End- The Master Race -

Are we going Custom Race?

• Yes - Check my post for build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Check my post for pre-generated race choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do not bother with toxic planets, 50% maintenance and it can never be improved, with radiation shield that other one can be terraformed later, plus high G means shitty production iirc, get those two humming and research the parts needed for a colony ship.

You can use that money to shave some time off other buildings or maybe a colony ship even.

edit: reread your options, since you haven't built research labs yet, definitely use some money to get those faster

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
anus_pounder said:
Hmm...I'd go with B. More research can't be a bad thing.

Also, is this a Dosbox game or is there a PC version?

As far as I know, it's Dosbox only and it works smoothly with no issues.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Buy the games via gog.com, and the installer will setup dosbox for you easy peasy. Go on. Click the gog.com link in the top right corner, you won't regret it. :smug:

RK47

Patron
Azira said:
Buy the games via gog.com, and the installer will setup dosbox for you easy peasy. Go on. Click the gog.com link in the top right corner, you won't regret it. :smug:

:lol: Better than Civ V, and cheaper too. Buy it and I'll name a military craft after you. :smug:

RK47 said:
As far as I know, it's Dosbox only and it works smoothly with no issues.
Hmm, I remember having an occasional sound... err, "clipping", a few years back. As if the game/DOSBox couldn't handle more than a couple sounds at once. But yeah, otherwise, it worked just fine (on an x64 system, too).

I also remember some good things about this "Very Difficult Choice" Mod thingamabob, by the way. Fixes some, balances others, slightly improves the difficulty. Might wanna give it a try.

RK47

Patron
Agreed. Sol III isn't a worthwhile investments. Director Galis idea will have be put on indefinite hold. We'll make do with two colonies for now.

Music: Tiberian Dawn - Map

orion2_000.png

Research lab development is complete. In addition to boosting our research output, it will also automatically contribute to research, even when no scientists are manning it.

orion2_001.png

As planned, we will reach for the stars with rudimentary development of fuel cells and armor able to withstand space travels.

orion2_002.png

Sol Prime begin to mature...

orion2_003.png

The extra resources are diverted to completing Research Labs in both worlds. 240 Billion Credits well-spent.

orion2_005.png

Behold, the fruit of our labor...

orion2_006.png

orion2_007.png

orion2_008.png

orion2_009.png

We can now leave Sol system and plan our great expansion to other worlds! Research efforts diverted to development of Colony ships to facilitate this plan...

orion2_010.png

A scout ship design is hastily proposed. A minimalist design to accommodate the extra large fuel tanks...and a pair of missiles to fend off any would-be attackers.

Stardate 3506.3 - A moment of history...

orion2_011.png

doc.png
This is Sol Control to Origin, do you copy?
pilot.png
Loud and clear, Sol Control.
doc.png
Proceed with pre-launch checks.
pilot.png
Roger that...Nuclear engines...primed. Navigational computer...Online. Missiles...awaiting lock-on. No damage detected on the Titanium Hull. Shields readings...unavailable.
doc.png
Good. Whenever you are ready, Origin. We've set your nav-com to the nearest white star system. ETA in 2. Launch authorized.
pilot.png
I have control.
doc.png
Godspeed, pilot.

launch.png

Stardate 3506.5 - Contact!

doc.png
Transmission from Origin...go ahead, pilot.
pilot.png
Sol Control, I've arrived at Irra System...Uploading planetary datas now...
doc.png
Data received. Good work origin. Analyzing now...

orion2_012.png

doc.png
Hmm...looks promising...ahh..a pity.
pilot.png
Uhh...what is it, Sol Control?

orion2_018.png

doc.png
Irra is another dud system. Irra III holds great promise...but the high G will seriously hamper our productivity...Origin, we've detected a stable wormhole in the Irra system. Can you trace where it leads to?
pilot.png
Roger that, Sol Control..uh...oh shit.
doc.png
What is it, Origin?
pilot.png
I think you need to see this yourself...uploading vid transmission....

orion2_013.png

orion2_014.png

pilot.png
Sol Control, did you receive? Over.
doc.png
Data received. Forwarding to The Authority for next course of action. Stay put until further instruction, pilot.
pilot.png
Roger.

orion2_015.png

Unbelievable. Not one, but THREE star systems? This...wormhole. It allows us to slingshot across great distances within one jump. Klackons...they call themselves. A telepathic race of insects, known for their legendary productivity, but their dull minds cannot grasp the spark required to achieve brilliance. They are flawed.

orion2_017.png

This could be a dangerous opponent. I need to consider my options carefully. I require your inputs before authorizing further actions...

A. To Arms!
Origin should jump to their space and hit their young worlds while they're still unready! Then, commence military build up as well as advances...I recommend the following tech: (Your own choice.)

B. Caution!
We could learn much and profit at the same time. Make use of them and grow stronger...We are at a slight disadvantage at the moment. But we will strike when ready.

C. Others.

Not ready for combat with klackons for sure, but you might want to colonize that heavy g planet none the less, since it's rich it doesn't totally kill the production and if you don't the ants will soon and then colonize everything around you, it can be a research planet, heavy G doesn't hinder that.

I'm not playing it in dosbox there's a win95 executable that works under xp at least

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is a asm unofficial patch (you can also replace the extender by dos32a and it speeds it up).

BTW i think you can only have telepathic conquests in mid sized or larger ships, so you won't be able to spank the klaxons yet.

RK47

Patron
Music: Rise of the Harkonnen

doc.png
Origin, transmitting direct orders from the Authority. Please acknowledge.
pilot.png
Order received. Confirmed. I am to enter the wormhole to recon the Klackon space.
doc.png
Proceed.

orion2_000.png

doc.png
And now...we wait.

orion2_005.png

doc.png
Excellent. Maintain your position as we evaluate the situation, pilot.

Interesting...so they have decided to develop such, poorly habitable world. There is almost no value to it.

doc.png
Well, our telepathic analysts have finished their evaluation of the Klackon race...they're not the brightest, milord. But they do work harder...they work like a Hive, minds are connected to each other, but none more dominant than the other. They work in harmony..

Enough, doctor. This is why I think they are quite pliable.

doc.png
Milord? May I remind you our nuclear missiles are possibly quite obsolete at this Space Age?

Tsk...so short-sighted. You mention they are telepathically linked to each other, but are they vulnerable to Domination?

doc.png
I....well, a Cruiser with full complement of our brightest mind with amplified broadcast should be able to dominate a planet of that size easily.

Well, what are you working for? Put my mind at ease. *Gazes at the Klackon's holographic image.* I want their power, doctor. I want their obedience. I want them. In my empire.

doc.png
*Appears shaken.* I...at once, milord!

orion2_001.png

You have authorization to construct the Cruiser, "Mentat" to facilitate this endeavor. I also want you to divert your research efforts towards Biosphere...I am expecting...extra colonists arrival soon. Get me Director Galis.

gal.png
Milord?

I am uploading the schematics of the cruiser, 'Mentat.' I want this Cruiser operational within 2 years. Understood? And prepare two additional fleets of freighters.

gal.png
It shall be done.

orion2_004.png

Very good, Director Galis....

doc.png
Milord, I am receiving an offer from an mysterious entity.

Interesting...go on.

orion2_006.png

An intriguing offer. I accept. Please inform Director Galis that he is on permanent vacation until I find a suitable assignment for him. Welcome aboard Director Kirsus. Get to work.

orion2_007.png

I am pleased with your progress. Now, do something about our food supply.

doc.png
Not to worry, milord. Director Kirsus is already deep into it.

orion2_008.png

kirsus.png
Does the Authority permit me to speak?

You may...

kirsus.png
I wish to recommend the services of my former colleague, Director Chug, like myself he is a capable scientist and may aid you in your food problem.

orion2_011.png

Hmm. I only have one system to govern so far...but yes...I could use his brilliant mind for research. I will inform you when we have prepared the credits...

kirsus.png
I am pleased to serve.

Stardate 3508.5

orion2_012.png

It's time. Commence construction of Biosphere to welcome our future colonists...order the Mentat to set course for the Tarandus' Wormhole.

orion2_015.png

Operation Stolen commences.

Stardate 3508.7

orion2_017.png

doc.png
Message from the Mentat: they have arrived.

Authorization for mind control given. Harm none. I want them all alive.

mentat.png
Worry not, O Great Authority. Commencing Domination Protocols...Broadcast!

orion2_018.png

It was a quiet victory. The Mentat landed on the surface of Tarandus' Prime unopposed.

mentat.png
We have received transmission from the Klackon's home system. Transmitting now...

orion2_021.png

Slaughter? Why, I've harmed NONE of your subjects, INSECT. Your subjects are only loyal to ME! Now, I shall breed them like animals they are and use their labor to further our goals. It's been a pleasure, Ambassador...Cut the feed. Begin the Klackon colonists transfer to Sol system.

orion2_019.png

More technological advances achieved.

Meanwhile, Tarandus Prime

orion2_022.png

mentat.png
Get on the ship, comrades...we shall take to the Promised land...where you will toil for the Greater Good...and serve The Authority.

orion2_023.png

klack.png
We hear your voice, O Great Mentor...and we obey....

Yes...bid farewell to your old empire...for you will not set you gaze upon them for a long, long time. MwhahahahahahaHAHA!

mentat.png
Milord, I foresee great problems once they've reached Sol system.

Oh?

mentat.png
They may be obedient thralls when grouped together, but I do not think they are ready to mingle with the Hivemind yet..

I have foreseen this.

orion2_024.png

Even as we speak, Sol II is priming its soil for our new, more productive members of our society...*Grins.*

The thing with poor planets is, they're only undesirable for races without production bonuses, to klackons they're just like abundant planets for you, plus their government gives 50% food and production bonus right off the bat so poor planets are just fine.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
RK47 said:

:incline:

RK47 said:
You have authorization to construct the Cruiser, "Mentat"

:love:

RK47 said:
mentat.png
Worry not, O Great Authority. Commencing Domination Protocols...Broadcast!

:yeah:

Could the Authority be the Kwisatz Haderach? I sense plans within plans...

RK47 said:

I sense a fellow Westwood fan.

So, GDI or Nod? Maybe the Authority was once known as Kane? Does not rule out the Authority being the Kwisatz Haderach at the same time :smug:

RK47

Patron
doc.png
Milord, forgive me...I have good and bad news.

Oh?

doc.png
It seems Director Chug, the famed Planetologist actually possess the secret of Terraforming technology....

This is good news! What is so bad about this?

orion2_026.png

:x INCONCEIVABLE! HOW?! They must've mingled with one of our slave transports! This...Doctor, how is the progress on Sociology research?

doc.png
See for yourself, milord...

orion2_027.png

orion2_028.png

doc.png
These Alien Management Centers should allow these...uh, thralls to mingle with our citizens without any problems.

Excellent. Once the Klackon colonists arrive, isolate them to another planet to let them breed. I heard they make great workers...

doc.png
Milord, we've calculated the extra capacity with Biosphere, however...the Sol System is at full capacity, I'm afraid....

Then make some space, fool.

orion2_029.png

doc.png
*Shocked* Milord, please reconsider! We..

KIRSUS! *Jams the intercom button*

orion2_031.png

kirsus.png
Disposal of less productive organics has been completed, milord Authority. Peace through Power.

Excellent....now, Doctor...I want the Alien Management Center as soon as possible. Their water must mingle with our water.

doc.png
At once, milord!

These fools..they do not know the price of ascension. More sacrifices needed to be made...if humanity had to make space for insects to prosper in this dark galaxy...then so be it..with the Klackon Breeding Program underway, I can match the productivity of their empire and expand!

Months later...

orion2_032.png

Well done. Now, get me some colony ships.

orion2_033.png

How are the scouting efforts going on?

orion2_034.png

doc.png
Not so well, milord. The Knaa system is a large, desert planet with very poor minerals.

If we are still unable to locate any farming options...we have to settle for that one, the Klackons can double the farming output..so it should be no problem. With a little investment terraforming will allow it to feed the empire.

orion2_035.png

doc.png
There is...a stable wormhole from Knaa, sir. Shall I instruct Origin to jump through?

Do it.

orion2_036.png

Now this is more like it. But this planet is quite small, yet rich. Tundra still has arable land...it won't feed most of the empire, but at least it can stand on its own.

doc.png
Colony ship schematics design are completed sir. Outpost ships are also available, as well as troop transports.

orion2_037.png

orion2_038.png

orion2_039.png

Excellent. Outpost ships can construct a listening post and serve as refueling points for our scouts to increase their travel distance...a pre-established outpost will also serve as the Mind Police if a colony is deployed on the same planet...

orion2_043.png

Let's get to work...I need to decide something before we continue...

Which planet should we colonize?

A) Ras - a self sufficient small planet. It is located near the Klackon Homeworld and may serve as our forward base in the future.

B) Knaa - it is a large desert planet with very poor mineral contents. However, should terraforming be carried out, it will see a high increase in both farming output as well as habitable space.

RK47

Patron
GarfunkeL said:
/B

Also, doesn't the assimilation center turn Klaxons into humans? In that they lose their special abilities.

No. They remain Klackons...and retain their productivity bonuses. The Alien Management Center serves as morale penalty remover from mixing two races in one planet. If we are non-telepathic, planet take overs would involve an armed invasion, and bending the rebelling population to our will with a stationed army. Alien Management Center speeds up the process. It's nice to have superior mind, doesn't it?

You see, their Aquatic nature somehow boosts Sol II population cap from 14 to 17! This is quite an advantage to have! It's like a free Biosphere! On top of the tasty +1 Food & Production bonuses from Klackon workers. A worthy addition to our empire, indeed.

The reason why I wish to isolate the Klackon on one planet is to breed them. I think if both races are in one planet, the ruling race birth will prevail. We don't want that. Humanity - isn't as productive as these insects...

Eventually, should we find other more 'efficient' races...The Hivemind will be completely replaced, as the perfect utopia of efficiency. :smug:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hope the psilons don't rape your ass when you try that on them.

Since you have ground combat -10% i don't expect you to be able to capture antarans...

And that's a pity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom