Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let us play a little game...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Or maybe just because I go more and more lesbian for Yull with every passing moment and I just wanted an excuse to have a dance practice in which she looks stunning on repeat while I write.

She so delicious. >.<
tumblr_mjsjl8u8PS1ruepsyo1_1280.jpg

nomask7

Arcane
I think the problem with the left hand is the disparity between extreme joy/whatever and extreme suffering. Your true desire will never be more desirable than escaping horrifying suffering. The left hand can't argue against Buddha. That's why I don't really care how cool they are because they'll always be wrong. Not just bad for you, but wrong about stuff.

I'd still like to summon a succubus though. You didn't mention if you had succeeded doing so consistently while awake. From reading between the lines, I suspect you have not.

Cool name

Arcane
I think the problem with the left hand is the disparity between extreme joy/whatever and extreme suffering. Your true desire will never be more desirable than escaping horrifying suffering. The left hand can't argue against Buddha. That's why I don't really care how cool they are because they'll always be wrong. Not just bad for you, but wrong about stuff.

The Left Hand doesn't want to escape suffering. It celebrates suffering. There is no disparity between extreme joy and extreme suffering, for in both there is the pleasure of the exalted self. That is the entire point of the Left Hand - The exalted self, and the pleasure which comes from it.

When you fall and suffer, it is your fall and your suffering, you own it, it is the consequence of the choices you made, it is another step in the path to that which you desire. The failure and the suffering make you stronger. How else can you learn and grow in power, and beauty, and knowledge? And if you don't grow in power, and beauty, and knowledge - How can you exalt the self further? The pain you bear with pride. It is YOUR pain. It is YOUR trial. It is the path YOU created. It is YOUR chance to conquer what seems unconquerable.

And when you raise again, it is your pride and glory, it is the choice you are making, it is your will triumphing over the despair and the shame. It is your power, demolishing that which was unassailable before. It is your knowledge, understanding that which was cryptic and obscure before. It is your beauty, radiating and fascinating those who didn't care about you before. It is your conquest, which you grasped with your own two hands and tamed.

The Left Hand understand the soul of Sorcery. Yin and Yang. Five elements. Eight trigrams. Sixty four hexagrams. The eternally flowing Dao. To live is to dance with them. It is to fall and rise again, it is to be hurt and heal, it is to lose this and conquer that, it is to endure the worst and enjoy the best. It is to discover your limits and break through them. It is to conquer the mountain of your desires and discover there is a whole world beyond. Numberless new desires to conquer - Numberless new experiences, numberless new pains, numberless new delights. And it is to learn from it all, from each and every one of them, and to become greater not only with every victory but also with every defeat.

I have mentioned the idea of the Right Hand and Civilization being one and the same thing. Laws are there shackle man in pursuit of order. Cities are there for man to hide from nature, from the wild beasts, from the outsiders. Social mores are there to protect people from that which is disgusting. And then it goes on... Political correctness, trigger warnings, multiculturalism, and so on. The eternal pursuit of a world where no one is offended, no one is hurt, no one is disgusted, no one is shocked. A world in which cultural identity is reduced to quaint dresses and souvenirs. A world in which to be meek is a virtue instead of a vice. A world in which videogames play themselves because 'defeat' became an alien concept.

'Press X to feel like you are in the Left Hand Path.'

You go to the movies and what do you see? People who goes through suffering and pain to attain something of great importance. You play videogames and what do you see? People who goes through suffering and pain to attain something of great importance. You read books and what do you see? People who goes through suffering and pain to attain something of great importance.

Stories of passion, of daring, of defiance. Stories of people who is alive.

But they no longer care about opera. Maybe it simply has too much overpowering passion and too much overpowering vitality, and they are scared it could hurt them.

They are always scared.

The Right Hand is antinatural. People NEEDS the Left Hand. People needs to live and to grow, to suffer and to learn, to know their limits and surpass them, to become confident and able, to conquer this and to lose that, to feel overpowering love and unquenchable lust, murderous rage and resplandecent pride. People needs to know themselves. To truly know themselves. To be able to say 'I would do this or that in his place' not because they saw it in a movie and thought it was cool and heroic, and when the time comes they just manage to pee in their pants and whimper like a little bitch, but because THEY DID IT. They stood for what they believed in no matter the consequences, they fought tooth and nail for that which they love or desired, they murdered that asshole because he deserved it, they took that because they wanted it.

The Right Hand wants to regain the 'garden of eden,' or to establish a new one. A world of immortal innocents who never grow up. Forever sitting under a tree in a world without seasons and without tides. No one is offended. No one is challenged. No one is disgusted. No one is conflicted. No one is pressured. No one is provoqued. No one IS.

Content. Peaceful. Quiet.

A rebel soul dares to play a mellow melody on his little harp.

Timidly. Just loud enough for it to be heard. Barely.

Someone coughs awkwardly in response.

That sounds a lot like a graveyard to me.

But let us explain it with memes instead.

Which is in no way related to the incredible reading comprehension you just demonstrated in the second part of the post.

This is the Right Hand.

good-dog-greg.png

This is the Left Hand.

Snarling-Gray-Wolf-006.jpg

This is the True Left Hand.

BLACK_WOLF_.jpg

And this is those among you who have both IT and balls. Or ovaries, in at least one case.

97253.jpg

All together now.

D'AWWWWWW!

My witchy puppies are so darned cute. >.<

Still, I am interested in hearing about this 'stuff' about which they'll be always wrong.

I'd still like to summon a succubus though. You didn't mention if you had succeeded doing so consistently while awake. From reading between the lines, I suspect you have not.

Sigh.

My answer to this will take us back to something else you said.

Allow me to quote,

I've gotten this a few times before, in such cases that it seems to amount to a rule: being ignored by those who seem to be well connected supernaturally, as if merely communicating with me is a huge effort and against their fate. Target. Isolate.

I do not know why the others ignored you. I am not them. And still, I have a faint suspicion, for the reason I have ignored you when I have done so is because you simply try too hard. And all of us who are seriously into this have had already to deal with far more tryhards than we ever wanted to. It is not something unique to you. So we perceive the signs, go not this shit again, and proceed to put as much distance in between as we can manage.

But let us say that I was trying to hide something, as you seem to believe. Why would I ignore what you said? You have no idea of which way is up. I can make up any story I want. You may believe it or you may not, but you have no way to know.

Instead, I ignored you for two very simple reasons.

The first is this,

'You have managed to summon them in a waking state?'

The only way I can answer this is to tell you I don't answer stupid questions. It was part of my original answer, but as I said I take no pleasure on being a bitch.

Didn't I say, and I quote,

'When you interact with a spirit, you are in one way or another going outside the structure, or peeking outside the structure. Let us say, you call forth a demon. At first, nothing happens. Then, you begin to perceive the demon, not as a somebody but a somethingie, emanating from the sigil. Do you know what you have to do then? Close your eyes, and relax your mind, and take in that which is emanating from the sigil. And then, *poof*, one moment there is nothing but the blackness behind your eyes, and the next, you see as if your eyes were open, yet there, in front of you, is the demon standing. In many cases you don't even need to close your eyes - One moment you are here, looking at a sigil from which something emanates, and the next the world has gone surreal, and a demon is standing in front of you.

This is important. Seeing and interacting with the spirits, it always feels like you are having a lucid dream, only, you are awake, and your body, it isn't locked up. And pay special attention to that part, the one about the world going surreal - This is exactly what it happens when you take a step to the side, and you slide from 'our' world to 'their' world. Those layers of reality, they are a matter of perception, so that one moment you are here, and the next, you are still here, but everything is different, and everything is... weird. And when you open the door outside your room, you do not see the corridor as it should be, but something strange and different, and there are things out there, which look back at you.'

And didn't I write this in, I don't know... The post on the subject of incubi and succubi, maybe?

So first I need to ask, what do you mean by waking state?

Because, and I quote,

'They are what is often called dream demons. However, this is a misnomer. All spirits are, in one way or another, dream demons. As in, they lie just outside the structure of reason and intellect. For you to see them, you have to peek outside the structure. And it is the same if you want to interact with them. This is why 'altered states of consciousness' are so important when dealing with the spirits. And to sleep and to dream, it is an altered state of conciousness everyone has available to them by default and without investing any points into Sorcery skill trees.'

It says it right there. You have to peek outside the structure, and either you use altered states of consciousness to do so or they induce altered states of consciousness in you to bring you there.

So if by waking state you mean the generic state of consciousness on which wide awake Normies are then the answer is no, I haven't, for it is technically impossible to interact with a spirit in such a state. Whenever you perceive a spirit you are technically 'dreaming', by which I mean you are experiencing an altered state of consciousness, even if you are awake, functional, and walking down the street.

Allow me to quote myself again.

'When you interact with a spirit, you are in one way or another going outside the structure, or peeking outside the structure. Let us say, you call forth a demon. At first, nothing happens. Then, you begin to perceive the demon, not as a somebody but a somethingie, emanating from the sigil. Do you know what you have to do then? Close your eyes, and relax your mind, and take in that which is emanating from the sigil. And then, *poof*, one moment there is nothing but the blackness behind your eyes, and the next, you see as if your eyes were open, yet there, in front of you, is the demon standing. In many cases you don't even need to close your eyes - One moment you are here, looking at a sigil from which something emanates, and the next the world has gone surreal, and a demon is standing in front of you.'

Notice the part about the entire world around you 'going surreal.' Notice also the part about maybe needing to 'close your eyes.' You are no even seeing with your eyes - Even if you have them open. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to perceive exactly the same with your eyes closed. You are not 'dreaming' of the demon in the room, you are dreaming both the demon and the room, while being awake and functional.

Moreover, and I quote,

'Moving on, it is also wrong to say, spirits have a sex, because spirits, they do not have a body to begin with. The physical form and shape of a spirit are, at least in most cases, a reflection of the spirit itself, so that, when a spirit appears as female, it is either because the spirit did choose to appear as female, or because to appear as female, it has a symbolic meaning, which reflects the nature of the spirit. Some have said, the symbolism is completely subjective. So that, when you meet a demon or spirit, the shape which you perceive, it is actually created by your own mind, and not by the spirit. However, of this I do not know - For example, in medieval times it was believed, all of the fallen angels, they were male or asexual, yet a particular demoness, Marchosias, would always appear as a she-wolf, and would only take on a male or asexual shape, when asked by the summoner to take on human form, so that we may wonder, why it is she always appears as a she-wolf, even when the summoner expects a male or asexual being? Some instead say, spirits have a gender but have no sex, but that's only a maybe.'

My, what wonders my eyes spy in the paragraph yonder? 'The shape which you perceive, it is actually created by your own mind' and 'they do not have a body to begin with.'

So how are you going to summon them wide awake, I wonder, when the only way to actually see them is by having them project themselves into your mind and screw your perception through the ass and without lube?

To summarize, this is how summoning a spirit tends to play out:

First, you prepare to call it forth. You are wide awake.

Second, you call it forth. Everything begins to seem 'odd', because Sorcery.

Third, you begin to perceive its presence. You are disoriented and confused.

Fourth, it projects itself into your mind and shortcircuits your brain. You are high as a kite.

There is no 'wide awake' and 'demons.' It is impossible. It doesn't happens. Because demons are spirits. Spirits have no bodies. Therefore, when your mind is entirely in the realm of 'normalcy', when you are wide awake, you can't perceive them. A succubus, for example, is not a sexy girl who lives in hell and teleports to your room when you pronounce the secret words of covenant. It is a sentient vortex of lust who predates on forever alone basement dwellers and sexually frustrated stay at home wifes who fantasize with the milkman. There is nothing for your physical senses to perceive.

However, there IS such a thing as Distortion. As in, 'very high Distortion.' I am not entirely sure of what it is even when I have a pretty good grasp of the main points, and it allows for spirits to interact in much greater depth. However, particular conditions must be met. It is almost unheard of in the civilized world.

The second is this.

'Also, remember I have yet to teach you how to cast circles, raise barriers, banish stuffies, and so on, so you are pretty much a sitting duck if you piss it off.'

Let us ponder over this. I taught you how to use a doll as a focus to birth a spirit into the world. Presently the process would take a long time and much effort, and still the spirit, if you even managed to create it at all, would be very weak. Yet, this spirit, weak and born from you as it is, could become hostile to you, and if so even this weak spirit would be far more than you can manage.

Be honest here, does it sound like I forgot to add 'but feel free to summon the PREDATORIAL and sentient vortex of lust' at the end?

Let us try.

You shouldn't get a ferret as a pet if you don't like being bitten, for it is a form of social interaction and comunication for them. But feel free to get a rabid bengal tinger.

It doesn't kind of work, does it?

Let us try again.

A dainty girl like you shouldn't get anything bigger than a 9mm if you aren't sure you can deal with the kick. But feel free to get a full auto military shotgun.

Nope.

One more chance!

With your knee hurt like that you shouldn't dance if you go clubbing. But feel free to practice some Shinhwa choreographies.

Still not working.

Now, as I said, you can all go and get killed or sucked dry or mindscrewed into an early padded cell if you want, it is the same to me. I am a firm believer in 'sink or swim,' and most of you are words on a screen to me. However, I am not going to put some cement shoes on you and throw you to the river.

Presently I doubt you would be able to call forth anything at all. Amusingly enough, the next step up from this involves actually calling something forth and being reduced to hoping it is on a good mood because you have no way to control it.

Let me think...

1. I come to teach those of you who have IT how to use it.

2. The previous point includes people who is as close to friends as online people can ever get.

3. Then I throw something around which could actually hurt the few of you who have enough talent to skip the Noob stage.

Does it sound reasonable to you?

To me it doesn't.

And I have to wonder... When I wrote, and I quote,

'And to be honest, I don't feel like teaching about summoning right now. I'm not into it at this time.'

Did it sound to you like I wanted to go and deal with this stuff? Because to me it sounds like I don't want to, and that I have no intention of doing that which I don't feel like doing at the present time.

So, instead, I ignored it. Why? Because I don't want to deal with that topic right now and I didn't want to be a bitch.

And this is the last I have to say on the topic, because I don't feel like talking about summonings right now.

But, you know what? You are the first player to unlock a choice in my little game! Achievement!

And it isn't even a cosmetic choice! It is a real choice! With, like, consequences and stuff!

1. You stop being so bleeping tryhard because this is my well of patience and it just ran dry.

2. I throw you into ignore for a few months and then we try again if I remember to remove you.

The chosen one must choose!

Because I am not interested in dick measuring contests. First, I don't even have a dick, nor the hormones to match. Second, you are trying way too hard. Third, I don't really want to deal with this shit. Proper questions? Sure. Proper arguments? Sure. Proper viewpoints from different traditions? Sure. A proper right hand witch to offer the complementary point of view and explain techniques which are biased to the other side of the conflict? Sure. 'LOL UR RONG CUS BUDDHA AN CUS I SAI SO' and 'U SAI U DUN WAN TO TALK SUMMONIN BUT I WAN SUMMONIN AN AIL TRY 2 B CUNFRONTATIONAL'?

Thank you, but no.

And now I am in a bad mood.

And now I am no longer on a bad mood.

:love:

nomask7

Arcane
Since someone brofisted you, I'm going to respond even though you ignored me.

You talk like someone who doesn't understand suffering. My guess is you never have suffered more than you can bear. The left hand is fail because to not be solipsistic hypocrites and ignoramuses with respect to the consequences of their evil, they would have to be able to bear the evil themselves which they might cause (at their worst). This they're unable to do, as extreme suffering is far beyond the ability of anyone to bear (whether extreme in terms of time or intensity or both). So the left hand boils down to narcissism and solipsism. It's the philosophy of stupid young girls like you who are unable to even have a conversation with someone who has thought deeply about these issues (morality) without becoming hysterical and going into ignore mode.

By 'waking state' I meant not asleep lying on your bed. Yes, I know, you talked about summoning demons in a waking state, but you didn't mention if you had actually succeeded in summoning a sex demon that way, or if you had only succeeded in dreaming about them while asleep after your little preparation and "calling them". Am I supposed to be able to read your mind? You don't seem to be able to read my mind despite all of your oh oh awesome magic, so it doesn't seem to be that I should be able to read yours.

I have had life-like hallucinations, including of people and robotic things, and none of this required me to be in an altered state of consciousness as best I could tell. So fuck you with your 'knowledge' about what hallucinations 'require'. You don't even know what you don't know.

I didn't read the vast majority of your latest message, just enough to lose my patience with you. Don't bother to unignore me, you stupid whore.

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane

First, I didn't ignore you yet. As in, it was your choice whether I would? Reading comprehension: F-. Again.

Also, I never said I was going to ignore you because I disliked what you were saying. I said I was going to ignore you because you were needlessly confrontational about it.

You have zero experience with everything - The Right Hand, the Left Hand, Sorcery itself. Do I mind it? No. I don't. If I did, I wouldn't be teaching people. The problem is, you are also one hell of a tryhard.

So, do I expect you to read my mind? No, I don't. But, if I say I don't want to deal with a topic right now, I don't care if you still want to know about it. And if then you are, as I said, needlessly confrontational when the answer was already given in a previous post, yes, I am going to be a bitch.

Why? One, because I said I don't want to talk about it right now, and, two, because if you are going to be confrontational, at least learn to read.

So, let me be clear this time.

I don't truly care what you want to learn about. I teach what I want to teach at the time. If you want to learn about something, sure, tell me. If I feel like it, I will deal with it, as I have done before. If I don't feel like it, I will write it down to remind myself when I want to deal with it. You can even remind me of it after a while, because I just kind of forget thingies at times.

But you don't get to insist. I don't give two shits if you still want to learn about it right after I told you I don't want to deal about it. I will deal with it when I am feeling like it.

Also, you don't get to be sassy. You are worthless to me. Literally. My agenda does not need any of you to actually have IT and become a Sorcerer. I merely took a look at all the potential ways to approach it and decided this one, accomplishing it while teaching people who has no chance of learning from someone experienced, allowed me to do something cute while I was at it.

So let us keep this friendly. I actually think you are an alright guy when you are not through episodes, so calm down.

I know you may have read a lot and stuffies, but I said it from the very beginning: Reading stuffies means shit. Whether you desire infinite power, to help the needy, or to attain Nirvana - Reading stuffies will still mean shit.

So let this be a lesson on the wisdom of the Left Hand: If you want to attain something, get your butt out there and start smashing your head against the wall of despair and frustration. That's it. There is no other way to get shit done. Being affraid of pain and despair will do nothing at all. Neither will pondering the moral implications of this and that. And I have a dated enough college guys to say reading a lot of philosophy books will also fail to amount to much as long as your one true desire isn't being able to spout lots of bullshit while wallowing in the sewer with the rest of them.

Now, do I know everything? I don't. None of us does. We are just playing blindly with forces we don't come near to fully understanding and hoping we get a hint before something horrible happens to us. That's the lot of us Witches. And that's the lot of them Mystics too.

But I do now a lot more than you. So we can discuss, and we can debate, and we can a lot of thingies. Just don't come here to pick a fight because as far as I am concerned you don't know shit until you have seen it, meet it, and barely escaped with your life from it.

That aside, I even said I don't want you guys to become Sorcerers of the True Left Hand. I know what it does to people. Why do you think I used Insanity Wolf as the 'Meme' example of the True Left Hand?

For example,

h3594B870

:roll:

I don't want that for my little witchy puppies.

I want you to have FUN with Sorcery.

I hope at least those of you I care about will remain unaligned, if they happen to have IT. I am not trying to recruit them, much less you, into this huge mess. And to be honest I don't even care if some of you go Right Hand. Go sing Kumbaya with your friends for all I care.

Now, yes, every single Sorcerer of the True Left Hand I have met is a dangerous lunatic. That's a fact. If they are lunatic but aren't dangerous, they merely have a more hardcore approach than most to the 'philosophical' Left Hand.

The problem is, the True Left Hand also has a point.

But I am not here to preach about things you cannot see, nor to see them for you. All I am here to do is to teach you Sorcery. If you have IT and two neurons to rub together, you will some day come face to face with such things. Then we can have a chat about it. THEN. When you have seen it.

Because right now I feel I am discussing my favorite dress with a blind person.

And for the love of Buddha, what he came up with is called 'the middle path' for a bloody reason. There are those who seek eternity and divinity. There are those who seek anihilation and absorption. And then there is him.

Please don't tell me you are one of those dumb new age westerlings who believe Nirvana is either annihilation or absorption, or BOTH. It is neither. Much less both.

We are 'eternalists.' They are 'annihilationists.' Buddha is neither.

That's why we respect him, and we actually study him. Because he is not at all a retard and his understanding of metaphysics was, like, up there.

Quite a few of his successors, however, are incredibly stupid.

How can someone who did pay any attention in the Buddhism 101 class managed to come with something so stupid as Buddhism as a messianic/salvation religion?

How comes no one saw what they were trying to do and beated the stupid out of them with a bamboo staff?

How?

HOW?

Do you see why we need the True Left Hand?

And this brings us to an actually interesting question.

Why do we still call ourselves the Left Hand when, as I have said before, both Left Hand and Right Hand are two of the worsts cases of cultural misappropriation in the history of Sorcery?

Most don't know better. Others have their own reason. But those who know Kabalah do it for a different reason.

As a friend of mine used to joke, we are the left hand of God - When his right hand is facepalming so hard it can't intervene, and when Jesus is despairing because he got himself nailed to a tree for you dumb motherfuckers, that's when we are sent in.

Then a lot of worthless people is murdered, the corrupt old institutions are demolished, and balance is restored. God gives us a medal, Jesus throws a fit because we went overboard with the slaughtering, laughts are had, and the Dao continues to go round and round and round.

And the west, darling? It needs a lot of murdering.

The fun part is that this isn't entirely a joke. When the world is metaphysically healthy, the Left Hand goes dormant. There are a few cults here and there, some human sacrifices being carried away in remote locations, and so on, but nothing much, and the world won't even notice a bunch of dead Normies every now and then. But it is when the world becomes sick, when the Right Hand has become so corrupted and twisted it no longer serves its metaphysical, that the Left Hand goes overboard and becomes widespread.

Like it is happening now.

But you won't understand it yet, because you haven't seen enough to do so.

So, let us make a deal, yes? Calm down, ask me again about Succubi in a month or two, and let us be friendly.

I don't really want to ignore you. As I said, I think you are an alright guy when you are not having an episode. So, be an alright guy.

The rest of your post I will deal with in a future lesson about the Left Hand and the Right Hand, because it has become obvious I will have to go in depth for you people to grasp what the Right Hand and the Left Hand truly are. It will a lesson hard on the metaphysics, so prepare your pen and paper.

It's going to be hell. >.<

nomask7

Arcane
May have happened more than once, but I remember very clearly that I once caused a synchronicity through conscious effort, a coincidence that required mind control. I was trying to call my dad but he wouldn't respond. So I put some mental effort into getting him to respond and called again, then he did, and when I asked about the whole thing, he said he had left his cellphone silent by accident but happened to just be walking by it when I called after doing some stuff in another room.

It's interesting, because it's one of the very few times when I've tried to influence events mentally and it happened when I was interested in trying (usually I'm not interested, being too pessimistic) - and for the whole thing to happen at all, it required that my dad would uncharacteristically leave his cellphone silent.

You probably don't like where I'm going with this and you're probably right that I shouldn't use your thread for purposes of my own, so I will stop. But let it not be said that nomask7 hasn't experienced anything. I'd say I've experienced more synchronicities and weird events than you have, but I'd also be satisfied with a draw.

nomask7

Arcane
Why is the darkest Sorcery also the strongest?

Why a 'spell' fed with friendship is far less powerful than a 'spell' fed with pure hatred, which in turn is less powerful than a 'spell' fed with ritual torture and human sacrifice?

Why is it that vibrating the fifty thousand names of God makes a spell weaker and more laborious than the moaning, and howling, and crying of orgasm or the screams of those in agony?

Why it is that those who go beyond even the Left Hand's boundary of good taste can use Sorcery in ways both the Right Hand and the Left Hand consider to be mere flights of fancy?

I'll let you ponder that.

But it is also important to say that the Left Hand does not mean you need to enjoy being a horrible person. I do not enjoy hurting people myself.

It just happens my true desire is unattainable without first attaining mastery of a particular technique which is considered out of bounds by even some of the darkest Sorcerers alive.

Or dead, for that matter.

So the choice was simple. Do I renounce to my dream or do I become a horrible person?

Has anyone ever tried torturing/targeting themselves instead of someone else to create a strong spell? I've read that it's been successfully used to induce enlightenment type experiences but haven't heard of it being used for magic as such. Are you sure you need to become a horrible person to get what you want? I personally think you've been transforming from a feminine and kind of adorable person to a genderless despicable thing but since you don't respect the perspective of anyone except yourself I guess this doesn't matter. Nevertheless I'm bothered by what you are writing and planning there and also curious why you imagine you know so much that you think transgressing is not only a good idea but necessary.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Why is the darkest Sorcery also the strongest?
Why a 'spell' fed with friendship is far less powerful than a 'spell' fed with pure hatred, which in turn is less powerful than a 'spell' fed with ritual torture and human sacrifice?
Why is it that vibrating the fifty thousand names of God makes a spell weaker and more laborious than the moaning, and howling, and crying of orgasm or the screams of those in agony?
Why it is that those who go beyond even the Left Hand's boundary of good taste can use Sorcery in ways both the Right Hand and the Left Hand consider to be mere flights of fancy?
I'll let you ponder that.

Which law is it by that these things are so? I dont believe following the Left Hand requires blood ritual and the idea that it does comes from laziness, desperation and a lack of imagination common among the degenerative rich and poor. Neither is it necessarily the strongest. A large part of the power derived from sacrificing a kid is derived from how it stands in stark contrast to "good" acts of "magic" performed everyday - Acts of magic that pretty much hold the world (unfair, oppressive systems ironically) together. Anyways, traveling into, collecting and showcasing the "unknown" is always the strongest form of magic. That there is so much child-sacrifice today makes me think that the Left Hand got Right Handed long ago/every single chump whos sacrificed a kid on this planet thinking he/she was self-realizing themselves to divine levels is really more (9 times out of 10) the opposite: feeding and helping to realize whichever horrendous god that was seeded here long ago while they strike themselves from any real chance of contact with the divine.

But it is also important to say that the Left Hand does not mean you need to enjoy being a horrible person. I do not enjoy hurting people myself.
It just happens my true desire is unattainable without first attaining mastery of a particular technique which is considered out of bounds by even some of the darkest Sorcerers alive.
Or dead, for that matter.
So the choice was simple. Do I renounce to my dream or do I become a horrible person?
Let us answer with another question.
What purpose does being a nice person serves if it doesn't allow me to attain my true desire?
It is merely another obstacle.
So you destroy yourself, just as you destroy others.
I believe it all comes to this.
How far are you willing to go for that which is your true desire?
If the answer isn't 'as far as it takes'
or if you don't really mean it, then you don't deserve it.
Some would even say, to enjoy evil is not the True Left Hand. The True Left Hand is to be indifferent to evil.
As they say, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
And sometimes you have to sacrifice a few orphans to make a spell.
To see no difference between the one and the other?
That's the True Left Hand.

I dono what your true desire is but you might do well to ask yourself how truly true it is and then adjust afterwards. Also a question: If a bunch of people are sacrificing kids while singing kumbaya is that right or left hand magic?

Just so were all on the same page for the game: When black cat is talking about "And sometimes you have to sacrifice a few orphans to make a spell" she is talking about taking children nobody will miss, rape-torturing them in a group with masked friends and then disembowling them to eat their organs/limbs/etc. Or an approximate of that.

Cool name

Arcane
Neither is it necessarily the strongest.

Neither is necessarily strongest because there isn't really either. That's why I told you to ponder it yourselves.

Let us say we have an objective. There are two ways to attain it.

The first is to take part in a two weeks long operation in which half a dozen of properly focused and motivated Sorcerers take part. The second is half an hour of blood ritual you do alone.

Two rituals. The first takes 2016 Sorcerer hours to achieve the result. The intensity of the work done during these hours will surely vary: The half a dozen does not spend every single hour during these two weeks in ritual climax. However, they are in effect hours invested in the operation for even those which are spent in rest and normalcy run the risk of introducing the unexpected to the circuit: Resonance, taint, and so on. We have spoken of it already. Finally, if any of them is weaker or less focused than the others, the entire thing can fail or be greatly diminished.

The second takes half a sorcerer hour. Not only that, but there is only a half an hour window in which the unexpected can creep in. Moreover, there is a single operator, which means there is a single potential source of resonance and taint, and the resonance and tain will be not nearly as inclined to contradict itself and destroy the circuit. Moreover, it all falls on him or her. The Sorcerer doesn't depend on either blindly trusting the abilities and commitment of strangers, nor needs to go first through a 'round up the gang' period to make sure his group is good, able, and motivated.

Simply put the second circuit's ability to exert force in the enviroment is much higher, as it proposes to attain the same result with 0.024% the investment and risk of the first. Technically speaking, it is 4166 times more powerful and/or efficient.

Of course this is merely an abstraction. It is impossible to properly calculate such thingies.

Moreover, let us deal with another point. I have already said the Left Hand can use Sorcery which is out of bounds for those of the Right Hand. And I have said the True Left Hand can use Sorcery which is outside the bounds of those in the Left Hand. But why is it so? The limitation is actually self imposed.

Let us say you are proponent of so called Enlightened Humanism. In this context, which as I have said has nothing to do with the original meaning of the word, you are aligned with the Right Hand as you perceive a given something, in this case the ideals and precepts of Enlightened Humanism, to exist on a level above you. You 'adhere' to these ideals and precepts, and thus are 'limited' by them. If you were to try and use Sorcery in a way which goes against these ideals and precepts it would fail, as long as you adherence to such principles is honest.

Now let us say you belong to the 'philosophical' Left Hand, in which case you perceive nothing to be above you. The Sorcery the two of you are using is the same, but you have less limitations in how to use it and approach it, and thus can apply it in the ways the previous one couldn't. However, you still have a fair share of limitations - Which is why there is a schism of sorts between the 'philosophical' Left Hand and the True Left Hand.

The difference between the 'philosophical' Left Hand and the True Left Hand comes from the following: The philosophical Left Hand tries to make the Left Hand politically correct and socially acceptable, and thus tend to limit their Left Handing to the intellectual, the philosophical, and the metaphysical. For example, they accept that all that which tries to limit the self must be destroyed but only up to a point - For example, they won't deal in human sacrifice, even when their reticence to deal on it is actually limiting them. They 'think' it, and they 'understand' it, and they 'philosophize' about it, but they don't LIVE it.

There is still a fair share of bounds. For example, as I said, they will be unable to apply Sorcery which requires human sacrifice even when such Sorcery is the surest or more efficient method to attain a particular desire. In other words, they are risking their desire in order not to step over particular bounds. They are no 'True' Left Hand, for to the True Left Hand selfish desire is everything and the only thing.

In a way they are no different from all those who call themselves christians but instead of following the letter and the spirit no matter the consequences, create tons of excuses to allow themselves some leeway. Sure, you can't serve money and God, but that wasn't written in a capitalist world, so it doesn't really apply to what is needed to live comfortably and well today. And so on.

The True Left Hand says that if you are following the Left Hand as a merelly intellectual or philosophical thingie, you are doing it wrong. We could say they are the 'fundamentalists' of the Left Hand - They talk the talk and they walk the walk, and follow both the letter and the spirit to the extreme. All limits, all boundaries, all prohibitions are wrong and must be surpased. There is no obligation to anything but the self. Moreover, not even the self is allowed to limit itself, for to overcome the self imposed limitations of the self is the greatest challenge and the greatest pride.

So when I say that the True Left Hand is more powerful, I do it based on those two principles: That the True Left Hand attains similar or greater results with less investment and less risk, and that the True Left Hand can access the entirety of Sorcery because they are not telling themselves, consciously or subconsciously, this line I cannot cross.

So you see, it isn't that I am saying 'the dark is stronger than the light' or some such idiocy. I am merely approaching it from a practical perspective. It is in no way different to how being ruthless is better than being a choirboy, in a corporate enviroment. It isn't that being ruthless gives you superpowers. It is merely that being ruthless allows you to do whatever it takes to get to the top and allows to attain the same results with less effort and less openings for your enemies to exploit. Thus you have a clear advantage over those who aren't ruthless. You are more powerful. As in, you can exert more force towards your objectives.

That's actually what I wanted you guys to ponder yourselves.

Sorcery is Sorcery. There is no good or evil Sorcery. What being one or the other does to you is decide which avenues of action are open to you, how much of Sorcery you can tap into. To say 'Dark Sorcery is stronger' does not meant 'Dark' Sorcery is a different Sorcery than normal Sorcery, it is merely the fact that Sorcery is bigger than people's heads and people's worldviews, and therefore there is a whole lot of it outside the boundaries of good taste and sanity.

Let us say you are a nice person who also honestly believes fidelity is one of the core virtues of whatever goodness is. You are automatically limiting yourself to using sex for Sorcery only with your partner, and any attempt of using it with someone else will be tainted by your guilt, your doubts, and so on. Now let us say you are a nice person who doesn't believe in such things. You are still a nice person, but your Sorcery is less constrained and you have access to techniques which wouldn't be open to the previous person, such as orgies, and you will for example be able to use Sorcery to ensure sex with casual companions who aren't your partner, or to help others commit infidelity, and so on.

It is the exact same mechanic.

I have been building up to this from the very begining, when I told you Sorcery couldn't care less whether you are good or evil. It is you who care. It is really so surprising we now come to the point in which it stops being a cute intellectual construct and becomes a pragmatic consideration?

The choice I presented you is merely,

Are you going to tap into your full potential, if any?

Are you going to go in with your eyes covered, both hands tied behind your back, and a big iron ball chained to your ankle out of a personal sense of honour or chivalry?

That's the point I wanted you to ponder. I don't care either way. I am simply telling you things as I understand them. Your success, if you have IT, depends on you and on how far you want to go. I'll teach you Sorcery one way or the other.

However, it is also important to make somethingie clear:

Dark sorcery is not powerful only because 'psychology.' It is powerful because the thingies it deals with, such as pain and death, are primal, and sorcery is the strongest when it is the most primal. That has been one of the ongoing themes on the thread: The most primal something is, the more powerful it is. Death and fear and pain are primal. Sex and lust are primal. Violence is primal. Desire is primal. Blood is primal. In my experience Sorcery is instinctive and emotional far more than it is intellectual and logical. Intellect and logic actually 'break' Sorcery. So does civilization, for some reason. Moreover, rampant civilization damages the metaphysical aspect of wherever it happens. Some with a more naturalistic bent believe Sorcery, metaphysics, and the natural world are somehow connected because of this. I do not know, but they don't mean the natural world as in 'hippies.' They mean the natural world as in the 'wild.' Sorcery is much easier to use away from cities, and the more you spend away from cities the easier it becomes to use.

So much of 'dark' sorcery isn't dark because it is evil, but because it is primal and animalistic - All thingies which are evil from the perspective of civilization, which dictates our boundaries. So we see it as morally wrong. But sorcery has as much of an understanding of morality as climate does. Morality is a human construct, and therefore 'dark sorcery' is merely 'sorcery which deals with something civilized people doesn't really like.'

To try and 'humanize' Sorcery is as retarded as try to humanize a bloody Tsunami. There aren't 'dark tsunami' and there isn't 'light tsunami.' There is a fucking huge wave coming to crash your party. And that's fucking dark for you, but neither the universe nor the wave give two shits about your perception of morality. Otherwise there wouldn't be a tsunami to begin with.

That's where I believe the Left Hand has gone wrong. In becoming 'evil.'

A large part of the power derived from sacrificing a kid is derived from how it stands in stark contrast to "good" acts of "magic" performed everyday - Acts of magic that pretty much hold the world (unfair, oppressive systems ironically) together. Anyways, traveling into, collecting and showcasing the "unknown" is always the strongest form of magic. That there is so much child-sacrifice today makes me think that the Left Hand got Right Handed long ago/every single chump whos sacrificed a kid on this planet thinking he/she was self-realizing themselves to divine levels is really more (9 times out of 10) the opposite: feeding and helping to realize whichever horrendous god that was seeded here long ago while they strike themselves from any real chance of contact with the divine.

See why I love you? You actually understand the bloody point.

There is something I thought was obvious but maybe the fact that I write in a stream of consciousness manner and the cultural differences between us made it far less obvious than I thought it was.

The Left Hand and the Right Hand, as understood modernly, are the result of the west being metaphysically unhealthy, if not outright metaphysically insane. The Left Hand and the Right Hand, in this context, do not exist here. They are something which only happens, and could happen, in the west as it currently stands.

Let us take the Dao instead, for example. The Dao is the reward of the nice and the refuge of the asshole. Then comes Yin and Yang, and five elements, and eight trigrams, and sixty four hexagrams, and ten thousand things. There is summer, then fall, then winter, then spring. There is day and there is night. People is happy and people suffers. Things are born and die. Dinasties flourish and crumble. The world is as the world must be.

Is the Dao good or evil?

Is killing evil? Is helping good?

There are mean sorcerers and mean mystics, and there are nice sorcerers and nice mystics. And when they meet each other, they sit down and chat while having a drink. Then each goes his or her own way. There is the orthodoxy and there is the heterodoxy, but their conflict mostly comes down to each being very smug about the other. There is sorcery so dark and terrible the forbidden Sorcery in the west seems like child's play, and still, you don't see people using it to fool around. Sometimes it must be used. When it must be used, you use it. But you don't even consider to use it for retarded shit. It is treated with the gravity and respect it deserves. It is no different than killing someone or going to war - You don't do it for kicks, but sometimes it must be done.

At a time during the history of the west, however, everything went belly up. Don't ask me what happened. I don't know, and I don't play world of theorycraft. But I think I said something about it before, didn't I? That the Right Hand declared war on the Sitra Ahra. Of course, this is witchtongue - A symbol of sorts. But I also said this, that the Sitra Ahra won. Whatever it is that happened, the balance was broken and the Sitra Ahra, the metaphysical force that the Left Hand reflects, took over.

And it is exactly as you say, the 'Left Hand' went 'Right Hand.' As in, the Left Hand became the status quo. The 'dance of the dao' became a war. But it isn't a war between the Right Hand and the Left Hand. It is a war between the Left Hand and... the Left Hand? Indeed. A war to decide who is the baddest motherfucker to whom all other bad motherfuckers have to pay tribute.

The Right Hand itself is... absent? I don't know. I spent a long while in the west, but I saw little of it. Either dormant or extinct. Dormant, probably.

Which is actually why I do aprove of the Left Hand in such a context. The west is rapidly becoming a reflection of the Sitra Ahra. You are powerful, or you are a slave. You are aggressive and conquer, or you are meek and are conquered. And what little I saw of the Right Hand was unable to do shit all. They talked and talked, because fuck they can talk, but they did fix anything? Nope.

I don't believe the Left Hand however has a place here where I am now. I don't believe we are all out for ourselves and fuck the rest. The metaphysical ambience here is different. Things ARE connected, intrinsically. Not just things but the forces themselves. What in the west are the left and right hand here are intertwined. Both the 'good' and the 'evil' have purpose. Even in the modern world, in which the spiritual and the metaphysical are kind of distant, everything is still working as it should. So you aren't evil or good. You just are. Sometimes you do one, then you do the other. The very fact I am unable to do both comes from being raised in the west. For a Sorcerer or a Shaman here, there is no true difference. There is the Dao. Sorcery is the Dao. Eating is the Dao. Fucking is the Dao. Killing is the Dao. Giving birth is the Dao.

So I am pretty much planning on hanging the black hat as soon as I finish my personal thingie. Then I'll try to do nice selfless thingies until everythingie is back where it should, and then we'll see where it goes.

But the west is a fucking madhouse, so you better aim to 'Let God sort them' if you want to get anywhere.

Even the fucking Right Hand has gone stupid. 'I use what little Sorcery I have to commune with the creator.' How about you use what little Sorcery you have to try and FIX SHIT UP, as the Right Hand is ought to do? Aren't you the FUCKING MAINTENANCE CREW? 'Eeek! To use Sorcery to deal with mundane matters is LOW MAGIC! I would never dishonor my Sorcery in such a way! It would be Heresy. HERESY.' But they are not MUNDANE MATTERS you dumb whore, the entire metaphysical structure of the west is fucking BROKEN. IT EVEN SAYS SO IN THAT BLOODY TREE OF LIFE HANGING ON YOUR DUMB WALL. 'Uh, it does? O.O' YES, IT FUCKING DOES. Also, how comes I know more of Kabalah than a fucking westerling whore with A GIGANTIC SEAL OF SOLOMON HANGING FROM HER NECK? 'Don't become stressed out. That will damage your energies. I am sure God is just putting our love and patience and trust to the test. He will come and fix it himself when he decides we passed the trial, so let us all sing Kumbaya together and meditate while we visualize little putti playing with the butterflies. AUMMMMMMM.'

And then you curse their tail. Because, hell, I'm sure that's a divine test as well.

God, I hate the Right Hand.

At least the Left Hand gets shits done.

Has anyone ever tried torturing/targeting themselves instead of someone else to create a strong spell? I've read that it's been successfully used to induce enlightenment type experiences but haven't heard of it being used for magic as such.

Yes. We use both. We use anything.

That's what my Magickal Witchy Journey was all about, to begin with.

But I won't go into detail for the time being. You shouldn't even be thinking such thingies at this time.

I didn't even want to teach you the OUCHIE method, to be honest.

Are you sure you need to become a horrible person to get what you want? I personally think you've been transforming from a feminine and kind of adorable person to a genderless despicable thing but since you don't respect the perspective of anyone except yourself I guess this doesn't matter.

Yes, well... That's the problem. I was never adorable. It is merely the online persona I use because I miss being so, which is also why it is so incredibly dumb and artificial. You never knew me 'adorable.' And I am tired of that LARPing shit.

I'll go back to being adorable once I attain what I seek. Then it will be natural for the first time in I don't know how long, and you can go back to liking me if you want.

Cool name

Arcane
'Kay.

The last few posts have been a mess, so let us clean up before proceeding to save us any future misunderstanding.

So, in short...

Sorcery is sorcery.

Dark sorcery is merely that which is outside the boundaries of morality and good taste as defined either by the group or the individual.

This is why it is also called 'forbidden' or 'taboo' Sorcery.

When I say dark sorcery can be seen as being more powerful, I simply mean it in the Machiavellian sense.

As in, someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to attain a particular objective is going to attain such objective faster and more efficiently than someone having to deal with his or her own qualms as well as the challenge itself.

Moreover, someone who isn't willing to do whatever it takes runs a higher risk of failing to attain his or her objective.

In other words, Min-Max PvP player vs LARPer PvE player.

Chances are, the first one is going to win.

It's up to you whether it is more important to attain the result or to be a nice person, or which balance between the two you want to strike.

It is not my problem.

And whomever says it is his or her problem actually wants to impose a balance of his or her own on you.

So tell them to fuck off and strike your own.

That's more or less the 'philosophical' Left Hand.

The True Left Hand is accepting no boundaries at all. Grrr.

Sorcery is also primal.

It doesn't like Civilization, and the feeling is mutual.

So to put it in a way in which my little witchy puppies can easily understand it...

Lawful Good < Neutral Good < Chaotic Good.

Chaotic Good = Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Good < Chaotic Neutral > Chaotic Evil.

Maybe.

I never really got allignment. -.-U

Coming next episode, Barriers.

How utterly exciting... >.<

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
I suspect what nomask really wants itt is an incubus drag queen shitting on his chest.

Well, yes. Trying to beat sense into the heads of lesser thinkers is just sublimation for my sexual frustration. Wasn't it too obvious to comment on?

EDIT: Just to drive the point home, about how boring you are, my first message in this thread:

Agassi, can we get details on how to summon a succubus? So far you've given tips about preparation but no details regarding the actual act of summoning. You have managed to summon them in a waking state?

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
riddle me something, dear: i get the whole thelemic 'be yourself real hard' angle, but isn't that at odds with the whole spirits and the Divine and whatnot that sorcery dwells on? you implied daemons and suchlike are external to the self (as i understand it), so however hard you become yourself, you're still subject to the whims of far more powerful things, yes?

in that sense, doesn't it render the whole thing moot? I mean, even if you do your hardest, you're still limited. You're just stronger than other limited things. Is there some sort of illumination here where your self encompasses the universe or some such mysticism? what is the sorcerous stance on apotheosis?

It's worse than that. The last three years of my life have, among other things, been a demonstration that magic and clairvoyance are nothing more than control emanating from the control system. The event I recounted was just one example among many. If you haven't lived my life, obviously I can't fault you for not 'getting it', especially since you're probably being mind controlled not to understand. But there it is.

nomask7

Arcane
Are you sure you need to become a horrible person to get what you want? I personally think you've been transforming from a feminine and kind of adorable person to a genderless despicable thing but since you don't respect the perspective of anyone except yourself I guess this doesn't matter.

Yes, well... That's the problem. I was never adorable. It is merely the online persona I use because I miss being so, which is also why it is so incredibly dumb and artificial. You never knew me 'adorable.' And I am tired of that LARPing shit.

I'll go back to being adorable once I attain what I seek. Then it will be natural for the first time in I don't know how long, and you can go back to liking me if you want.

Well, from what I gather, repeating a behaviour creates neural pathways in the brain and after a while creates habit, which should count as natural. In other words, fake it till you make it. Gotta be a better way than sacrificing babies.

You may have some self-image issues that aren't really related to reality and how other people see you. I think there's enough femininity in your admittedly rather aspergerish genome that you don't need supernatural means to be cute. I believe habit (like trauma) may transform the DNA anyway - how else would certain behaviours have become genetic?

EDIT: I think the main reason you don't seem as feminine as you used to is actually your cold determination to work alone toward a grand goal that you yourself have set and so on. Everything about it comes across as more suited to men than women. When you were talking about having been the lover and passive 'accomplice' of one psychopathic male or another, that made you seem a lot more feminine.

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane
in that sense, doesn't it render the whole thing moot?

Not really. One who doesn't fight, stagnates. To be stagnant is to be dead. To live forever is to fight forever. Cue Basil Poledouris soundtrack. The end.

So to be beyond all limitations would be to be dead.

This is very important. The Left Hand perceives everything as conflict, competition, and power dynamics. Love, friendship, brotherhood, and so on. There is always one master and one or more slaves. A healthy relationship is perceived as one in which who is the master and who the slaves changes constantly.

A slave who is content with being a slave is not a person but a thing. He is stagnant, therefore he is not alive. You are expected to fight even if you can't win. To fight and defy are their own rewards.

I mean, even if you do your hardest, you're still limited.

You can always try harder. That's the entire point.

Cue High Expectations Asian Dad.

Is there some sort of illumination here where your self encompasses the universe or some such mysticism? what is the sorcerous stance on apotheosis?

That depends on each particular sect and cult. I do not worry too much about it. I am more of a one step at a time person. As in, I have a desire. To attain that desire is all the trascendence I care about. If I ever attain it, then I'll pick another one and go from there.

To think too big and too far ahead seems to be a great way to achieve nothing. Even more so when we are playing with thingies we don't come even close to fully understanding.

I think there's enough femininity in your admittedly rather aspergerish genome that you don't need supernatural means to be cute.

My desire is not to become cute. O.O

My desire merely requires of thingies all but the darkest of the dark consider to be the most metaphysically horrifying thingies a Witch can do. The moment in which I became willing to do such thingies and began researching them to rebuild the 'lost technique' related to them, I 'changed.' Spiritually? Mentally? Psychologically? Metaphysically? I do not know. The innocence, the wonder - It was all gone. To be cute and adorable is to be childish and innocent. Naive. It is hard to be naive when you are researching some of the darkest 'lost technique' known to Sorcerers, and willing to use them as soon as you find out how to make them work properly.

It is a common theme in Sorcery, that there are thingies you should not even think about. As soon as you begin to think about them, they begin to change you. They 'taint' you. They pull you further and further away from the source of emanation, deeper and deeper into the Sitra Ahra. And then, they snap the connection. You can never go back.

My hope is merely one I attain my desire, I can kind of just forget about it and go back to being cute and innocent and naive. My Ex and others of the Left Hand believe it is a stupid hope. Not only because it is incredibly retarded to believe you can remove that kind of taint just by wishing it away and going back to liking fluffy pink plushies, but also because they think I am far more fun to be around since I became a gloriously driven bitch. They have a point. But, I can still hope.

EDIT: I think the main reason you don't seem as feminine as you used to is actually your cold determination to work alone toward a grand goal that you yourself have set and so on. Everything about it comes across as more suited to men than women. When you were talking about having been the lover and passive 'accomplice' of one psychopathic male or another, that made you seem a lot more feminine.

I see.

That's the problem, I never said anything about being passive. That's just how you guys interpreted it.

As I said recently in another thread, many of the qualities defined as feminine in the modern world are actually seen as metaphysically masculine. In Witchtongue, Eve was created from Adam's rib.

Let us take Kabalah, for I hope you all know the Tree of Life. The Tree of Life is composed of ten sephiroth plus a 'hidden' sephirah, divided, among other things, into three vertical pillars. These pillars are called 'of severity', 'of mercy', and 'of mildness.'

The pillar of severity, also known as the left, dark, or black pillar, is the force which is constantly trying to break free and send the structure tumbling. It is the pillar which represents individualism, isolation, breaking things appart, judgdement, entropy, conflict, discord, and so on. It is also the feminine pillar. It's crown is the ocean of Binah, the primordial feminine force in the Tree. It's primordial manifestation is the fortress of Geburah, the only region of the structure whose Elohim is often perceived not as 'asexual' but as outright female.

The pillar of mercy, which is the right, light, and white pillar is the pillar keeping the structure together. It is where all such things as emotions, empathy, compassion, understanding, bringing things together, being part of something greater, etc, are emanated and manifested. It is also the male pillar.

Now, let us take this further. If we zoom out for a moment, we will see that there are actually two trees. The Tree of Life, which is the structure, and the Tree of Death, which is the Sitra Ahra, the realm of demons and outcasts, where eldritch thingies which were already old before God was an itch in His own most hallowed balls.

The structure is seen as male in the same sense as the right pillar is. The Sitra Ahra is seen, however, as inherently and primordially female. The Sitra Ahra is also the metaphysical force the Left Hand corresponds to. The Left Hand, itself, is seen as primordially feminine as well.

The problem comes from you perceiving 'feminine' as Eve. The problem is that Eve isn't 'primordially' feminine. Eve was created from Adam. She is the feminine aspect of the masculine primordial. The primordial feminine is Lilith. And some argue, Samael, her mate and the Lord of the very angry first fallen, is the masculine aspect of the feminine primordial.

It all comes from this. Before the primordial cataclysm, the structure was perfect. In a way, the structure reflected the Dao. The tree of life had a different, perfectly symmetrical, shape. And so on. We do not know what happened, but according to the myths and the Witchtongue, Adam and Lilith kind of argued. It is important here to note that Lilith is clearly seen as the primordial feminine in this case, for in many myths she's not even seen as a creation of God but as a daughter of the outer darkness - The Sitra Ahra, which is a sort of prime chaos beyond the boundaries of the structure. It is also interesting that some see not only Lilith but the entire Black Pillar as coming from the outer darkness, because reasons which are too weird and technical to go over here.

So, Lilith and Adam argue. Lilith, being a primordial embodiment of the Black Pillar and the Sitra Ahra, is no cute and innocent idol. She's a gigantic bitch. Adam, being a primordial embodiment of the White Pillar and the Structure, is kind of a cute lamb. But Adam wants 'up' - To be the dominant one during sex. And Lilith is like, you fucking pansy go DOWN, as slaves are ought to do. Pfff. Are you crying again? I need to get me some demon dick ASAP, this is retarded.

Adam was indeed crying. He ran to find God and told him, Lilith is being mean to me. Also, when she gets angry she looks like she's going to rip my head off. BOTH my heads off. And she laughts at me when I say I want up. Help me, daddy.

For some reason God, instead of telling him to grow a fucking pair, decided to intervene. So He goes to Lilith and tells her to become subservient to Adam OR ELSE. We do not know what Lilith answered, but given the deliciously brutal cataclysm which followed, we believe it was something like 'If you want your beta of a son to have a fucktoy give him your ass to play with, bitch.' God was pissed. You have to understand, this was the first rebellion. Before then, everything went harmoniously and according to plan. So God's eyes went all bright, his beard went blond, his muscles went all HUGE, his voice went all HEAR ME MORTALS, and there were thunders and shit. Also, little angels with trumpets appeared all around and started playing some badass epic music. With choirs, too.

But Lilith saw this and only said, you think you badass? I'll show you badass. Lilith was the only being in the whole of creation with knowledge of the true seventy two fold name of God. Do you remember when I said names and sigils are respectively the 'essence' and the 'manifestation' of spirits? It just happens that the seventy two fold name of God was His 'essence' and the structure was his sigil, his emanation and manifestation.

So she took the scroll in which she had written it, I don't want to ponder out of where given Lilith has never been one for clothing, and kind of went, see this? And God was like, OHMYFUCKINGME. And she weaponized the name. I like to think she screamed LILITH PUNCH!, flew at him, and got him right in the nose with the full power of creation or some such. Badass.

The weaponization of the name of God not only gave him a black eye and a sore asshole, and had Him spitting teeth for years to come, but also broke even if for a little instant the perfect harmony of the structure. The Black Pillar, who until then was always trying to break free but kept compliant by the White Pillar and the Golden Pillar, broke off the structure. When it did, it went HELLO, I AM GOD, OBEY ME. That's the infamous 'a full third of the heavenly host went bananas.'

This is were it gets ridiculously metaphysical so I will kind of just skip ahead.

This comes somewhat later, if not much later.

In the structure there was an angel. High ranking, not a scrub. He had teh delicious chocoabs, arms to die for, and so on. He also was the Lord of Da'at, back when Da'at was a thingie instead of a huge abyss cutting the structure in half and eating souls. His name is Sael, or Sa'ael, or some such.

He was kind of wondering why all of a sudden everything was breaking down around him. Kind of, damn, why is the sky falling? Have I missed something?

Then came M.

Just as names are seen as descriptors of essence, characters are. Therefore, the name Sael, or Sa'ael, or whatever, is a descriptor of the essence of this guy through the descriptors each character is and their interaction. So this guy is Sa'ael because he has an S, two A, one E, and one L, and they interact in a particular way.

M was the very essence of the Black Pillar. In other words, the very essence of the primordial feminine.

The crown of the Black Pillar, as I said, is the ocean of Binah. The ocean of Binah, as I said, is by some seen as a piece of the outer darkness which God kind of took for himself. That's why the ocean of Binah is also called 'God's Concubine.' This outer darkness, the Sitra Ahra, is kind of the primordial chaos. It spawns. It spawns all sorts of shit all the time, kind of at random. The weak are eaten or enslaved by the strong, and they all kind of hope the outer darkness don't eat them all because she's feeling like it.

So, having broken away from the divine structure, the ocean of Binah began to spawn like crazy. Whether M is a spawn of Binah or Geburah is kind of not important, because the one, Geburah, is an aspect of the other, Binah. And of all the shit they spawned, M was the most perfect one - The very essence of conflict, of discord, of war, of chaos.

And then Sa'ael and M found each other in Da'at.

Yaoi ensued.

Well, that's my version and I'm sticking to it. But most seen it as more of 'Yaoi tentacle rape' ensued.

And when the sweaty, tasty, moany-moany encounter finished, there was a Samael and the structure was fucked.

Since we are at it, do you know where the Great Lords of the Ars Goetia are said to come from? One version is that they are the characters of the secret seventy two fold name of God after Lilith kind of broke it.

Hermetic Kabalah is weird. O.O

So, well, that's how Samael came to be. So he is kind of what Eve is to Adam - Where Eve is the perfect feminine aspect of the primordial masculine, Samael is the perfect masculine aspect of the primordial feminine.

And it also goes to show the nature of the feminine primordial, as I was saying. Where Adam 'sacrifices' a bit of himself to spawn Eve, M pretty much goes and kicks Sa'ael in the face until he accepts to become Samael.

After the cataclysm was over, the black pillar had been pulled back into allignment, and the rebels had retreated to the outer darkness, and so on, we can notice two thingies in the new tree of life.

First, there's a gigantic soul devouring storm of darkness separating the lower realms of the structure from the three 'super divine' higher realms. Therefore, 'creation has been cut out from the divine.' Thus the entire concept of 'religio': The quest to return to the source and reclaim eden.

Second, there are actually two trees. There is the structure, the realm of divinity and order and goodness and warm feelings, and there is the Sitra Ahra, the 'realm of evil.' The Sitra Ahra is considered to have been originally the region of 'outer darkness' closer to the outside of the structure. Imagine the structure kind of like a huge Dyson Sphere. God is in the middle of it. Then the 'regions' in order of emanation. Then a big ass wall. And then the Sitra Ahra, the first 'region' of the outer darkness. Also, the wall has lot of claw marks because the spawns of the outer darkness can feel the yumminess inside and want a bite.

The Sitra Ahra was also considered to be the place where God threw shit out. Worlds which failed to live up to expectation? They would KABOOM them, or let them KABOOM themselves, and then throw the pieces out, along with any survivors. The waste products of both creation and the continuing functioning of the structure? They are thrown out at the Sitra Ahra. People God is pissed with? Exiled to the Sitra Ahra.

And so on.

The Sitra Ahra is for all intents and purposes 'hell.' Not in the sense of fire and brimstone, but in the sense of a place of pure chaos in which there is no law, no compassion, no empathy. There is only discord, conflict, power dynamics, and the kind of love which grows between the strong who respect each other and want to beat each other because they love each other. Or something.

All together now, GRRR!

The Sitra Ahra however has another quality - Everything which is thrown to it becomes... Weird? As in, as God is the source of order the outer darkness is the source of chaos, so everything which goes out to the Sitra Ahra becomes kind of Lovecraftian. The further away you go into the outer darkness, the more Lovecraftian you become.

And as I said, the Sitra Ahra is seen as the 'feminine' realm where the structure is seen as the 'masculine' realm.

With the cataclysm, however, entire regions of the structure fell to the Sitra Ahra. Visualize the Dyson Sphere I mentioned before, now imagine someone, I am not going to point fingers, kind of blew a hole in the outer wall while inside an epic war between angels and Elohim and regions, because the regions themselves are not 'places' but 'beings' themselves, raged. So, things were broken and things were wounded, and they fell through the hole.

So now the Sitra Ahra, the region of the outer darkness closer to the wall of the structure, is actually an entirely new structure built on pieces which fell, remnants of long forgotten failed worlds, waste products, and on the back of eldritch things which sleep and dream with entering the structure and omnomnomnom.

And what about the hole, you ask?

That's where you are. According to some stories, the human world is pretty much a 'piece' which kind of fell tumbling and got lodged in the hole. And it is where both sides wage war, too. So one day Samael is feeling kind of down, so he goes, TODAY WE DINE IN HEAVEN (angels are really tasty, remember guys?), so they all march into... us. And then the forces of the structure go kind of 'To arms, to arms!' and they all march into... us.

Cue :FUN:

Of course, this is all Witchtongue. Taking this literally is the fastest way to be considered an idiot. Anyone with two neurons to rub together should have already understood what the story is actually telling, by means of Witchtongue, is merely the metaphysical counterpart to the conflict between civilization and barbarism. The Right Hand is civilization and all that comes with it. The Left Hand is barbarism and the wild world, and all they come with.

Though it makes for one hell of a RPG setting and we haven't covered even a tenth of it. Even as Witchtongue is kind of hard to tell it when you have planets punching each other and continents dogfighting around, and shit.

Actually, someone should make a game along the lines of Asura's Wrath on it. Let's call it Lilith's Period.

But the point of this is, that precisely the thingies which you are seen as 'feminine' are actually metaphysically male and the ones you are seeing as 'masculine' are in many cases metaphysically female. O.O

And this isn't limited to Kabalah.

For example, it is often believed the character of Lilith is merely a Joo version of two previous figures, the mesopotamian Ishtar and Lamashtu.

Lamashtu is interesting given how mesopotamian mythology kind of works. Basically, only those who are of the bloodline of Gods have free will. The closer they are to 'boss God' the more free will they have. Therefore why Kings boss people around and commoners are just yes men. The Kings have free will inherited from the Gods, the commoners are merely animals. Pets. You have to care for them, but you don't listen to them at all when you aren't feeling like spoiling them a bit.

Therefore, evil spirits and demons and monsters where not evil because they wanted to be evil. They were evil because they were created to be evil. They weren't of the bloodline of the Gods, so they had neither voice nor vote on anything, not even their own lives.

But that's the thingie. Lamashtu was the daughter of An, the 'boss god.' So she was as high in the 'free will' hierarchy as someone could ever possibly be. However, she was evil. No, wait. She was EVIL. She was sooo EVIL, that people called forth demons to protect themselves from her.

And she and her brood where the ONLY evil beings which were so because they liked to be evil. She's the primordial 'Left Hand.' One of the earliest idols we have - Evil not because she's misunderstood, nor because the world hurt her feelings. Evil because she enjoys tearing babies out of their mothers arms, eating them alive, drinking their blood, and sucking the marrow out of their little bones. She just loves the despair in the eyes of men when she tore them appart piece by piece, and contaminating water sources or spreading pestilence on cities was, like, totally cute.

And she's not only a girl but a princess of heaven. O.O

Ishtar, on the hand, was a mesopotamian goddess of war and sex. Not 'romantic sex between husband and wife' but wild animalistic sex with whomever caught her fancy. She was also a goddess of fertility, but not of motherhood. She birthed them and then good luck, if she managed to find enough fucks to give she would throw them in a package and send them to their father to care. She is seen as a goddess of love as well, but not of 'romantic love' - She was fickle and whimsical, and cruel with her lovers.

Her love was even believed to be lethal - Someone who caught her fancy was DOOMED. Even Gods could die if she decided to fall in love with one, for to love Ishtar and be loved by Ishtar was to walk a path of misery and suffering. People would pray for their enemies to become recipient of Ishtar's love, so that they would be destroyed.

And let's not forget the part about 'Godess of War.'

The primal woman. Such a sweet, timid thing. O.O

This is a very common theme between the earliest, primal goddesses.

For example, there is Baal. Baal is ancient semitic God who eventually became a demon. Originally, Baal was a God of life and vital thingies who along his sister, Anat, the goddess of war and violence, fought both against Mot, the God of death and son of El, the God of Heaven, and against El himself. They kind of embody the Left Hand ideals as well: Live forever, kick tons of ass, and defy all authority.

There we also have the same idea: The primordial male as a God of life and vital things and the primordial female as a goddess of war and violence and discord.

And let us not even deal with Kali. Immortal demons not even the Gods can defeat are eating the world! Who you gonna call? Enter Kali. Immortal, you say? Pfff. I EAT IMMORTALITY. OMNOMNOMNOM. AND WHEN I GO BERSERK I EAT WORLD TOO. OMNOMNOMNOM. Cue Shiva saving our collective tails. O.O

But the Hindu thingie is important even if we leave Kali out of the picture for now. Hindu goddesses are all seen as aspects of Shakti. Her very name means 'Power' and she is the primordial force of not only creation, the 'divine mother', but also of the dynamism which is required for creation to persist, the very same perpetual cycle of change we have been speaking about in accordance to the Left Hand.

Interestingly, this has spawned a very interesting perception of the 'divine sexual mechanics' in which the female goddess is 'power' and the male god is the will which shapes, and guides, and puts boundaries to this power. Like, Shiva and Kali. How do the baddest motherfuckers in Hindu heaven do the nasty? Shiva lies inert with his perpetually erect phallus. Kali dances around all rage and passion and wild thingies, then goes and rides him hard and straight to bliss. So we are back at the same symbolism.

And we could go on but my hands are all hurty hurt so I'll stop.

This is all Witchtongue precedent for the following, which would have been hard to understand otherwise: The Left Hand is primordially a metaphysically FEMALE path. The Right Hand is a metaphysically MALE path. This is what many never manage to get their head around: Civilization, in a metaphysical manner, is a MALE thingie, this is why 'Sky Gods', the divine sources of civilization, are mostly MALE Gods. Barbarism and the wild, in a metaphysical manner, are FEMALE thingies. Which is why we even speak of 'mother nature' to begin with.

That's why I resumed the Kabalistic myth as 'civilization vs barbarism.' If you pay attention, the description of the outer darkness, the sitra ahra, and the ocean of Binah are precisely descriptions of that: Life before civilization, and the life of wild fluffy thingies. While the structure itself is a description of life after civilization.

This is important. The female ideal of the Left Hand is not Eve but Lilith. And then we would spend five hours discussing the pre-civilization primordial cults but that's kind of neither there nor... whatever. I'm tired.

In any case, the Left Hand worships feminity and considers the most sacred ideal - As represented in Lilith, the 'mother of demons' and 'infernal whore' and 'that sexy badass who LILITH PUNCHed God', instead of Eve, that girl who is kind of a rib.

The problem is that you are kind of interpreting feminity as 'Eve' instead of Lilith, Ishtar, Kali, and so on. In other words, the version of it which is needed for civilization, a metaphysically male thingie, to flourish. Because Lilith is the ruin of civilization. Only badass chocoabs wieldiers such as Samael can keep up.

And so on.

In other words, you perceive this as 'ideally feminine.'

2709683_1337138487772.7res_219_266.jpg

While the Left Hand perceives this as 'ideally feminine.'

600x800_21082_%E3%80%902013_03_21_06%E3%80%91_2d_fantasy_girl_woman_demon_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

And we all know which one you want to fuck. There's a reason why Lilith is also considered to be the mother of succubi. :P

Also, Kali likes to wear cut arms as accesories. How's that for girly? O.O

It is only natural for the Left Hand to have a predisposition towards the feminine as well, from a social perspective. If there is no civilization and thus there is no concept of family, and thus everyone is freely fucking everyone else, everyone knows who their mom is but no one knows who their dad is. Because your mom, true to Lilith, was fucking fifty different guys at the time.

Finally, from a metaphysical perspective it is only natural for civilization to oppose Sorcery. What is Sorcery, at the end of the day? It is that through which we turn delusion into truth. It is that through which we reshape the world to our likeness. It is that through which we birth spirits into the world - These same spirits of whom everything which exists and happens is a reflection. It is, thus, that which creates and that which moves the created in a different direction. As in, it is 'shakti.' The primordial and archetypical feminine.

And that's it for today.

Hey, why are looking me like that?

I TOLD YOU to properly discuss the Right Hand and the Left Hand would send us hardcore into metaphysics and witchtongue!

And we haven't even begun. >.<

Anyway, this is all important to keep in mind because we will be discussing quite a bit of all this Witchtongue and metaphysics when we get to barriers, if we ever get to barriers.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Also a question: If a bunch of people are sacrificing kids while singing kumbaya is that right or left hand magic?

Still wondering about this. Blood sacrifice seems to me to be part of a fundamentally demented view of metaphysics; psychospheres, paradigms, reality tunnels, I dunno how much these terms mean to anyone but it seems to me its not an accident that this place is so miserable. If you believe we have the capacity as a race to make this place a heaven or hell (as a sorceror is wont to do) it becomes doubly miserable and kinda sinister. Out of all the million ways things could have turned out we (mounts soapbox) not much more than consumers - from ipads to orphans - for illusory power/satisfaction. We could be anything really
united race who sings kumbaya to a clean world, believing the song manifests god moving over the waters on festive days while we cultivate our understandings of the intersections between ourselves and the world.
Could live inside eco-friendly city-states that straddle large forests and plains where people chase their own vision quests as they move with their pack of Techno-Nomad buddies, surviving they earn their place in the cities and contribute their wisdom or write epics of their deeds within the Wilderness for the ages
But we stuck in each our own and others fantasies for the most part, shooting off transmissions in palaces of mirrors accessible from our rooms. Not even a bad state of affairs really but its made possible by exploitation of the less fortunate and run by people who bbq babies at their people hunting parties.

Whats your idea of higher selves, karma, etc, Agassi?

riddle me something, dear: i get the whole thelemic 'be yourself real hard' angle, but isn't that at odds with the whole spirits and the Divine and whatnot that sorcery dwells on? you implied daemons and suchlike are external to the self (as i understand it), so however hard you become yourself, you're still subject to the whims of far more powerful things, yes?

in that sense, doesn't it render the whole thing moot? I mean, even if you do your hardest, you're still limited. You're just stronger than other limited things. Is there some sort of illumination here where your self encompasses the universe or some such mysticism? what is the sorcerous stance on apotheosis?

APOTHEOSIS IS THE 1ST GATE.

Last edited:

iqzulk

Augur
I've got to admit. Every time you produce another one of your epic walls of text, it serves as this gigantic impetus for me to fucking get on with it with my own personal studies. Which is interesting since they have absolutely nothing to do with either the point of this thread or your "essays" on religion and metaphysics. Whatsoever.

Frege. Begriffsschrift. Now. Let's wrap this shit up.

P.S. Done.

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
How synchronistic that I bumped into and was just reading this on Monday:

J2urCtL.png

4Im3k9q.png

EDIT: I'm starting to like this guy - as contrasted with my reaction a year ago when I first met him.

Compare and contrast the value contributed by RiverC with the demented needy screaming of Empire of Jeff. The logic of democracy. The (known) history of this world is nothing but a terrifying record of whore values. It's a problem because whore values reduce.

It's not sustainable. You can only reduce to M.A.D.

"Sounds like you need to get laid. But then, if you had any success at all with the ladies, you wouldn't be filled with this much rage at women, now would you?"

Because you do not value truth, it will not matter to you that I can prove it is not I who girls reject but rather it is I who rejects their worthless leaching. You just want to scream at truth. This is who I am, you can decide for yourself whether the interest of girls is something I struggle to generate. I'm more likely to induce this sort of screaming needy or at least I used to (when I needed their approval). If you're not mean, you will not keep them keen. I take care to avoid even the slightest appearance of cruelty because I do not need anyone who needs me; I learned that the very hard way.

Humans are broken. I know who broke them; psychotic whores of misogyny who need children. This is my beef.

"You're one crazy sumbitch and we will undoubtedly be watching your armed standoff with police in a school or office building someday soon."

You will not because I am calling for the elimination of imposition. I do not impose upon others; I never will and I never have. I never fell for my mother's attempts to frame me as an imposition either; the solution seemed well within her power to permit but she wouldn't release me from slavery. She didn't want to; she just wanted me to do what she wanted like a corrupted Toddler who wants their slaves to be happy and wants to reduce them into needing her as well. You can't have both!

This logic is literally lost on women who lie to men. They do not value truth. This is my beef. Humans are mostly worthless liabilities. Your mind has no value if you do not value truth. You'll be needy. Only your victims will imagine they need you.

Unlike most children, I could not be fooled by my mother's pretence that I was imposing when she was the one creating the misery by preventing me from doing what I wanted to do (which was, is and will always be, to simply have fun without hurting anybody). I do not rage. That's what you do. I do not hate. That is literally all you can do. I have always contributed value. For that reason, I have been subjected to decades of disapproval screamed by those who lack the capacity to contribute. That this world doesn't perceive the need to remove your emotional corruption from the equation of children is something I am attempting to remedy. I will not succeed. That is no reason to abandon truth.

I do not need the approval of anybody; if you cannot accept that, I do not believe you. Girls fall over themselves to impress me until I start attempting to raise them from the gutter of morality and doublespeak (they lose interest pretty quickly then). Girls are mostly reduced to valuing Power. This should horrify you but will not horrify anyone who is reduced.

Only slaves value Power. When you're free, you cannot respect those who compel others to do what they do not want to do. Power is the ultimate whore value; to get power, you must create suffering. When you manufacture dependency, you have created need; those who imagine they need you are powerless within your grasp. They have no option but to trust you, to have faith in you, to depend upon and to rely on you. This is what pretty girls who have been reduced want from me but I will not (again) comply.

This is getting lengthy but it is rare truth so I will continue.

What girls have been made to want (via the acid sprays of misogyny) is not sustainable nor is it even desirable. They're broken victims of lies. Misogyny is a trap. They're insanely miserable but they're all in denial. I attempt to give them truth but I'm just babbling words they do not even try to understand. They already Know Best.

What I want is not important because I only want humans to be Selfishly humane and happy. Humans should want that and would, if they were not broken. What I want is for humans to break the cycle of abuse; to be better than those they've been made to love; to not need to tyrannise their children into loving them; to not need to be tyrannised by their respect for sociopaths; to want to be Self-reliant because dependency and fear isn't in their best interests. They're all just broken victims of their mothers' abuse. What I want is for girls to not need me, or anybody; if they cannot be worth more than [needy], they exist only to create suffering. This world has no need for what the wilfully needy have to offer:
Now my lovely daughter also wears no makeup, and is still lovelier than most, and so females hate her rather passionately.

"They're trying to shame me," Oxford says, "and it's all from women. Men don't care. A lot of women are like: Oh she's not fat, oh she's cute, she's funny, I hate her."

Humans must scrub this filthy toxic insanity from the planet or you all suck at game theory. Resenting those who make [the worthless] look bad in comparison is a whore value that must be eradicated. Those without value just want to pollute everything with their disapproval. Their need to lie is the reason no one has a zest for living. They're the urine that mothers piss in the stew. It looks more like broth every day.

Girls are being reduced by misogyny into being worthless, emotional sailboats. You can unfurl their sails by manipulating their emotions (and compliments won't get you far with pretty girls; you can't make people want to impress you without degrading them). You can lower their sails as easily as refusing to degrade them; they won't be intrigued but the day I modify my behaviour to appease a needy whore of misogyny will be the day I need to. That day has come and gone. You can row them to where you want to go, if you have a motive and the will to take up oars. But if you are not providing propulsion, girls will just float aimlessly, drifting without agency or purpose. Just waiting for that wind.
This is my beef. Girls demand that (cruel) wind in much the same way some girls demand to be raped; it's not what they say but what they do that illuminates their value system.

I refuse to rape. I refuse to be cruel. They don't deserve it but I do. Rape is not especially difficult and neither is cruelty. There is nothing complex about Power. I have the capacity to manipulate girls in ways that terrified me but no longer do. The truth about girls that many guys struggle to comprehend is that all games of Power boil down to a hijack of decency.

You can explain this to broken humans however you like and it won't matter because they have no Self. This is not my opinion; they hate anyone who makes them look bad. Decency simply isn't valued by their value system. I can tell you what they value but you only need to open your eyes to see for yourself. Deceit. Malice. Dependency. Misery. Power. Need. Leaching. Envy. Hate. Love in reverse.

Thus, history.

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
Still, I am interested in hearing about this 'stuff' about which they'll be always wrong.

It's simple to explain but difficult to properly understand. I've been good at philosophy since I was 17. I've never met a woman who was good at philosophy.

With that caveat, the left hand is wrong because they each conceptualise themselves as special when in fact they're not essentially (in the moral world) different from any other animal with sentience.

I already wrote about suffering, and you refused to acknowledge a very basic truth.

None of what I say here is new or striking, it's just something that is a common blind spot for certain types of people. I don't know what to say to make them understand.

These people are like someone, let's call her J, who is told that her clone, D, will have to go to the hell that J deserves. And J will get to the heaven that D deserves. D is naturally good and will be good so there's no problem for J. J, however, is a narcissistic bitch for some mysterious reason and basically evil. She will ponder the situation for a while, and then live the most evil and evilly fun life she can, creating the worst possible hell for D.

The left hand is essentially like J. Like I said, morally solipsistic. And of course, the error in moral solipsism as in solipsism more generally is that the world is in fact real, you are real, and other people are real. The left hand would make sense if they each were the only real being in the universe. Since they're not the only real beings, they'll always be nonsensical in their preoccupations from a purely rational perspective.

It would be ironic if such people ended up in isolation, in a world of pure illusion where nothing but themselves were real. Wouldn't this be a fitting fate for them?

nomask7

Arcane
Realising my previous message is woefully inadequate, I'll go through some possible counter arguments here.

Leftie: "I don't think I'm special, but since objective reality doesn't give a damn, I will act as though I were and there's nothing wrong with that."

Me: "Objective reality includes not only people, but their suffering, pleasure, horrors, joys, and so on. There's nothing unreal about any of that, and when your actions don't take these things - these other people's experiences - into account, your actions are based on a deluded world view."

Leftie: "I don't understand. Are you saying subjective experiences have some sort of objective significance or importance?"

Me: "You could say experience is inherently subjective, and so is significance and importance. That is to say, they only exist within a subject that experiences. Nevertheless they exist. The importance that a victim ascribes to his pain is real. Only a solipsist would deny its realness."

Leftie: "Wait! You don't understand what objective and subjective mean!"

Me: "I don't really care what you think they should mean. I understand the topic I'm talking about, that's all that matters. You're the one who should try to understand what I'm saying, not me who should accept your conceptual prison."

Leftie: "Fine. But it's only natural for sentient beings to be selfish."

Me: "Perhaps to an extent, but you never go full retard."

Leftie: "If everyone was selfish, everyone would be happier."

Me: "That's nonsense. Being selfish isn't even a zero-sum game: often selfish people take more than they get, i.e. they cause more harm than they themselves derive as benefit. That's insanity."

It's simple to explain but difficult to properly understand. I've been good at philosophy since I was 17. I've never met a woman who was good at philosophy.

With that caveat, the left hand is wrong because they each conceptualise themselves as special when in fact they're not essentially (in the moral world) different from any other animal with sentience.

I already wrote about suffering, and you refused to acknowledge a very basic truth.

None of what I say here is new or striking, it's just something that is a common blind spot for certain types of people. I don't know what to say to make them understand.

These people are like someone, let's call her J, who is told that her clone, D, will have to go to the hell that J deserves. And J will get to the heaven that D deserves. D is naturally good and will be good so there's no problem for J. J, however, is a narcissistic bitch for some mysterious reason and basically evil. She will ponder the situation for a while, and then live the most evil and evilly fun life she can, creating the worst possible hell for D.

The left hand is essentially like J. Like I said, morally solipsistic. And of course, the error in moral solipsism as in solipsism more generally is that the world is in fact real, you are real, and other people are real. The left hand would make sense if they each were the only real being in the universe. Since they're not the only real beings, they'll always be nonsensical in their preoccupations from a purely rational perspective.

It would be ironic if such people ended up in isolation, in a world of pure illusion where nothing but themselves were real. Wouldn't this be a fitting fate for them?

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Fine. I'm getting drunk instead.

As I read this thread, I am holding a sword I forged myself earlier this year. It has a name that I do not intend to divulge publicly. I don't know if you would consider it 'just' a decoy or a full dollie but, in the words of the immortal Vandemar, "We hurt people; we don't get hurt". If Sorcery is about belief then I believe your magic will not affect me. Note, I do not say "cannot". It is more subtle than that.

When I say Sorcery is that which turns delusion into truth, by delusion I mean that which you call belief. In other words, Sorcery isn't about belief. It is about IT, which allows you to impose belief on the world. This is why I said we know much less about Sorcery than we should. We don't know what IT is, to begin with.

Also, you said you forge swords? Damn. Now I know what I want to tackle next. Though right now I could go step by step with it and it would still seem vague and make no sense at all. T.T

*A* sword, rather than swords. But yeah, good times. I may see it's imperfections but I still put myself into it, take that as you will.

My belief, imposed, is that I can walk through this world without fear, not least because I know there is an end for all of us. If IT is incorrect then I am in trouble. Meanwhile ignorance is bliss.

Hiisi

Savant
Can I try?

I can't possibly say anything about metaphysics or sorcery or the Left Hand, but this doesn't really seem to be about those anyway.

There was no claim that one's own suffering is more significant than anyone else's, except you do what you can to avoid it because you want to, and because you can. No one said a person in the Left Hand should think herself "different from any other animal with sentience". The natural world, whatever its connection to "the moral world", runs on things suffering and killing and devouring each other, with no moral significance. This is obvious, right?

Leftie: "I don't think I'm special, but since objective reality doesn't give a damn, I will act as though I were and there's nothing wrong with that."

Me: "Objective reality includes not only people, but their suffering, pleasure, horrors, joys, and so on. There's nothing unreal about any of that, and when your actions don't take these things - these other people's experiences - into account, your actions are based on a deluded world view."

What you argue isn't about rationality, it's about compassion, and compassion given precedence over other ends. People and their feelings exist, of course/probably, but rationality does not suggest anything about the value of either. If you decide that others' feelings are valuable, because of compassion or because someone whose word you follow told you so, then you may act rationally within the constraints of that judgement so as to not hurt them. However, one could easily judge otherwise, for example that their feelings don't matter and they are good to eat. Then one would take the rational steps to eat them, if one wanted to. There is no reason to avoid suffering in others unless following a judgement of this kind; none that you've shown, at least.

I don't know if the idea of a thing (like someone's life) having value intrinsically is even coherent; one can disagree and act accordingly, obvs.

Most of this is a moot point with regard to the Left Hand anyway, isn't it?

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
Can I try?

I can't possibly say anything about metaphysics or sorcery or the Left Hand, but this doesn't really seem to be about those anyway.

There was no claim that one's own suffering is more significant than anyone else's, except you do what you can to avoid it because you want to, and because you can. No one said a person in the Left Hand should think herself "different from any other animal with sentience".

I'm less interested in what they say and more interested in what their actions betray. If they act as though they're the centre of the world - utterly selfishly (which Agassi has said numerous times is a defining feature of the left hand) - then they're acting from a delusional perspective. Because they're not (as you concede) the centre of the world in all likelihood.

The natural world, whatever its connection to "the moral world", runs on things suffering and killing and devouring each other, with no moral significance. This is obvious, right?

^A noob mistake. Nothing is obvious in philosophy.

The moral world is a perspective. It deals with real things like consequences of actions. Since it deals with real things, it has real significance. In other words, there is moral significance to suffering and so on, because these significances exist as part of the experience of suffering and so on.

The experience of suffering isn't any different, objectively, from the experience of evaluating that suffering. Both are subjective states. Both exist in reality.

If you think that the left hand rules our institutions now, you could also speculate that they are responsible for manufacturing the kind of writings and education that makes noobs think that they know all about ethics once they have 'understood' the concepts of subjectivity and objectivity. Back in the real world, ethics has always operated and still operates on the understanding that good and bad or good and evil are real. How can you choose between the left hand and the right hand and not know this much about ethics?

What you argue isn't about rationality, it's about compassion, and compassion given precedence over other ends.

Nope. Acting as if you're the centre of the world is irrational, because you're not the centre of the world. This isn't difficult to understand if you're not determined to confuse yourself with concepts whose etymology and significance you don't grasp.

People and their feelings exist, of course/probably, but rationality does not suggest anything about the value of either. If you decide that others' feelings are valuable, because of compassion or because someone whose word you follow told you so,

Empathy is understanding. You don't decide anything about value because "something told you so". You decide because YOU UNDERSTAND. You understand that this person suffers and believes it's important - you understand these realities and their significance. You understand that if a subject thinks he is suffering and thinks it's horrible, then IT IS horrible. Everything else is pseudo smart bullshit.

Last edited:

nomask7

Arcane
The natural world, whatever its connection to "the moral world", runs on things suffering and killing and devouring each other, with no moral significance. This is obvious, right?

I'll write a little more on this.

Let's take lions as an example. Currently, lions tend to eat weak prey and not cause much suffering while doing so. If, however, they were equipped with mind control rays by evolutionary processes and their killing a prey would involve super extreme torture of the prey for a week before unconsciousness and death set in, it would be objectively speaking such a bad thing that humans would have to intervene and destroy all lions (despite not being personally in danger in this scenario).

Whether you'd describe the actions of such super lions as "bad" or "evil" is irrelevant from the moral perspective. Suffering is bad, so what the mind control lions do is bad. You don't need to be human to think that suffering is bad. Suffering being bad is part of the experience of suffering. Anything that suffers - it experiences it as bad. And that experience is real. The badness of it isn't illusion, it's an experience, it's a reality.

You can start using 'evil' instead of 'bad' when you're talking about actors with moral agency. Some animals may have what humans would call moral agency. Most humans have what humans would call moral agency. I'm personally not very interested, as 'moral agency' has nothing to do with whether an action or experience is bad or not - it doesn't even help in assigning blame, because we do blame animals (rightfully) for causing us harm just as we blame humans despite believing animals lack moral agency.

So, to me, the moral perspective includes primarily an understanding of what is good and bad. There's nothing imposed or unreal or subjective about it except that when the person who evaluates stuff isn't the person who is experiencing that which he is evaluating, then he is bound to get stuff partly wrong and only succeed at reaching an approximate understanding of stuff. That's of course not to say he shouldn't try. To not see the world through the moral perspective is to be partially blind.

Cool name

Arcane
Can I try?

Be my guest.

It became too much for me when he started debating with his imaginary friend about how certain things were indeed insane.

*A* sword, rather than swords. But yeah, good times. I may see it's imperfections but I still put myself into it, take that as you will.

Well, it is still fascinating even if it is just one.

I even feel a bit sad I know very little Sorcery related to swords to teach you. Just that one thingie I mentioned, actually. And it deals more with demons than with swords proper. I wish I had something prettier to teach you on the topic.

Maybe I'll manage to find something around, just for you.

Still wondering about this. Blood sacrifice seems to me to be part of a fundamentally demented view of metaphysics; psychospheres, paradigms, reality tunnels, I dunno how much these terms mean to anyone but it seems to me its not an accident that this place is so miserable. If you believe we have the capacity as a race to make this place a heaven or hell (as a sorceror is wont to do) it becomes doubly miserable and kinda sinister. Out of all the million ways things could have turned out we (mounts soapbox) not much more than consumers - from ipads to orphans - for illusory power/satisfaction. We could be anything really
united race who sings kumbaya to a clean world, believing the song manifests god moving over the waters on festive days while we cultivate our understandings of the intersections between ourselves and the world.
Could live inside eco-friendly city-states that straddle large forests and plains where people chase their own vision quests as they move with their pack of Techno-Nomad buddies, surviving they earn their place in the cities and contribute their wisdom or write epics of their deeds within the Wilderness for the ages
But we stuck in each our own and others fantasies for the most part, shooting off transmissions in palaces of mirrors accessible from our rooms. Not even a bad state of affairs really but its made possible by exploitation of the less fortunate and run by people who bbq babies at their people hunting parties.

OMO. You did it!

You actually managed to convince me to write a lesson on Barriers!

But first...!

Because, uhm, the eternal Dao, and, like...

We just jumped the shark hard why the 'theme song' thingie, didn't we?

Anyway,

The problem I perceive on what you say is that you are seeing something as 'demented.' That's a human consideration and definition. Metaphysics do not care. Metaphysics are like, well... Physics. You can use Physics to build an atom bomb. Is that a 'demented' application of Physics? Not really. It is just, you know, the way Physics work. One plus one equals mushroom cloud.

Everything which exists emanates from the one thingie. Let's call it Dao. It follows, everything which exists is Dao approved. You singing Kumbaya, you sacrificing babies, a lion eating something cute, something cute eating something green, we posting in the Codex, him fapping at tranny porn. It is all 'Dao.'

It is impossible for something to be 'not Dao.'

The Dao is described as being inhumane, not merely in the sense of it being alien and uncomprehensible but also in the sense of it being uncaring. As in, you suffer and cry a lot. The Dao? Doesn't even notice. But there was no malice either. It's nothing personal, it's just the way thingies work. One plus one equals you cry a lot.

Now, of the Dao we know little, but we know it flows and that it is in your best interest to flow with it. When the world is kept at the proper balance of Yin and Yang, it all goes smoothly. We flow with the Dao. But when the world goes out of balance, do you believe the Dao cares? It will keep flowing, even if we all are grinded to a bloody paste between the metaphysical cogs of the multiverse.

Human is seen as between Heaven and Earth. We are not one and we are not the other. We are not the perfectly ordered bureaucracy of Heaven nor are we the wild beasts of the forest and the demons of the deep mountains. We are stuck in the middle. That's our lot.

We are free to try to build Heaven or Hell for ourselves. However, it isn't true that we CAN do it. We are Human. Neither Heaven nor Hell is our place. So if we go too far in one direction or the other we and all we have created will be grinded to a bloody paste between the cogs. It is the first line of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, even. Yang period is followed by Yin period. Yin period is followed by Yang period. Once there were the late Han, then everyone killed each other for a hundred years, then there were the Jin, and so on.

The less 'Yang' a period goes, the less 'Yin' the next will be. The more 'Yang' a period goes, the more 'Yin' the next will be. Thus the wise one flows with the Dao. There are two ways to interpretate this, but we won't go there right now because it is hard enough already without me throwing chinese and korean and japanese words all over the place.

So you are right when you say, as Sorcerers we believe we can build thingies wondrous and terrible, both as a race and as individuals. But we are not writing the metaphysical laws, we are discovering them and applying them. And sometimes we are crashing into them at full speed.

You can kill a God, and it is on the list of things I want to do at least once before I die, but you can't kill the Dao, because 'death' is an aspect of Yin, and Dao is above Yin. It is neither alive nor dead. It IS.

There's trascendence. You can trascend humanity, but there is no trascending the Dao. To be is to be in the Dao. Even to become a Demon, is to be a Demon in the Dao. In westerling terms, it is the absolute. But westerlings seemingly can't deal with the idea of an uncaring universe, so they decided to try and ascribe human morality to the absolute. Everyone who is somebody did laugh, but they didn't notice. So the absolute is a loaded term.

This is why human works can't escape annihilation, and the more they resist annihilation the more painful and absolute the annihilation is. That which is metaphysically above always overrules that which is metaphysically below. Directly below the Dao are Yin and Yang, and therefore they overrule everything which isn't the Dao itself. Therefore you can die or you can change, but you can't remain in eternal stagnation. So either you 'flow with the Dao' or eventually you are grinded to a bloody paste in between metaphysical cogwheels. The Dao still won't care. Or notice.

Which brings us back to what we were talking before, you and I.

Westerlings in general seem to be able to think in terms of philosophy and religion alone. This is one of the elements which show the sickness. I have previously used the westerling terms to describe perceived currents in Daoism - Philosophical and religious. These terms I use merely because I know not of other westerling ones. Daoism is neither religion nor philosophy. Nor both. It is neither. There is DaoJia and there is DaoJiao, the lineage and the teaching.

The Dao is the ocean. Daoism is diving. There is no place to distinguish left and right hands, as there is no place to distinguish among them when it comes to physics. Dao is the context in which it all takes place. Left or right, you either understand the context or are grinded between cogwheels which didn't even knew you where here to begin with.

So it is said, the Dao is the reward of the righteous and the refuge of the unrighteous. It is impersonal. It is the soil you toil and the mountain in which you hide from the law. Understand the soil and understand the mountain. If you do, you can benefit from it - Good or evil, it is the same to them.

It has been argued modern civilization, or maybe civilization as we understand it, exists out of alignment with this. The reasoning is simple. Heaven, in witchtongue, is civilization to the utmost. All known civilizations reflect, in some way or another, this heavenly bureaucracy, with allowances for cultural and historical idiosincracies.

But as we said, the lot of man is to be between Heaven and Earth. Some argue this implies small self sufficient and individual communities. It is also known such communities inherently keep the balance between the right and the left. This does not means such communities are inherently happy and devoid of suffering. It is impossible to avoid suffering. Everything which is below Yin and Yang must suffer and must rejoice. This means both the left and the right become intertwined, as it is proper. Everyone is of the left. Everyone is of the right. Everyone is, indeed, between Heaven and Earth.

The problem comes when the proper allignment is broken, as all problems do when it comes to the Dao. And the problem will always steem from the right. This is a metaphysical fact: The left is inherently reactive, and inherently antinomian. The left hand is 'destruction' and 'death.' Something must first be built for it to be destroyed. Something must first be born for it to die.

Nomask here demonstrates the problem quite well. Why must we hurt? Why must we suffer? Why don't others care about our pain? It all comes from this. They begin to lust for Heaven. They become blind to the purpose the other side serves. They forget, or choose to forget.

In a far more articulated form, so do you. We can build Heaven or Hell, so why do we build Hell? There is no Hell. There is Heaven, and there is Earth. You are perceiving Earth as punishment, and Heaven as reward. The one as worthy of striving for, the other as something to run away from.

Let us go back to the Kabalistic account, for a moment.

Who was the one to cause the cataclysm? Most say, when asked such a thing, it was Lilith. This is a mistake. The cataclysm, in such account, was God's fault.

free-vector-esoteric-taijitu-clip-art_109888_Esoteric_Taijitu_clip_art_hight.png

This is called 태극도 in Korean. That's TaeGeukDo. In chinese it is 太極圖. That's TaiJiTu. I think. But my chinese sucks, so let's go with TaeGeukDo.

Calling that a 'yinyang' is one of the fastest ways to piss me off real nice.

Back when the traditions were sane, this was a common theme. There is the absolute, followed by two partialities from which all further partilities devene. Then dumb people forgot about it.

These partialities are Yin and Yang.

Which are NOT a yinyang.

... Aish.

Then comes WuXing. Five elements. They are implicit in the TaeGeukDo as well. Each element has, or maybe even is, a 'measure' of Yin and Yang. For example, water is far more Yin than Yang. The exact amount of Yin and Yang are not constant, what is constant is when it comes to this element Yin will always be far more than Yang.

They interact in four ways which are known as Sheng, Ke, Wu, and Cheng. These are pretty much the relationship in which one spawns another, is victorious over another, defiles another, and forbids another. These four relationships are cyclical. For example Earth spawns Metal, which spawns Water, which spawns Wood, which spawns Fire, which spawns Earth.

In other words, everything which is the Dao is made up of cycles within cycles within cycles. This is where BaGua, the eight signs, come in. These signs correspond to eight primal concepts and all which devenes from them. In turn, these eight signs represent the eight stages through which each and every cycle will go through, in order. So, for example, they represent the seasons: Two signs for each season, one for the predominantly 'yang' and one for the predominantly 'yin' stage. Every year will go through the same eight stages, over and over again. The particulars will change, but the stages will remain the same.

The eight signs combine into sixty four signs as well. In flowing through the eight great stages, every cycle will go through the sixty four minor stages in order. Again, and again, and again. The particulars will change, but the stages will be always the same and will occur in the exact same order.

Moreover, while each of us flow through our own cycle we are also subjected to each and every single cycle above us: Our family's, our neighbourhood's, our city's, our region's, our nation's, our nation's coallition's, our continent's, and so on. Our culture's, our civilization's, etc.

Not all cycles last the same, obviously. A day of HooDoo is not a day of Brahma. Your entire life, and many both previous and future, will go through their entire cycle before a cycle enough orders of magnitude above finishes flowing through a single stage. And still, you are subject to the effects of these stages. You suffer them, you enjoy them. You benefit from them, and you are hurt by them.

Your opinion on the matter is of no importance. You will flow through your sixty four stages, over and over again, whether you like it or not. You will be subject to the joy and the misery of the flowing cycles above your own, whether you like it or not.

The more resistance you put, the more you will suffer. You WILL flow. Abandon yourself to the current, and it will be painless. Make a dam out of you, and it will destroy you. And it won't even notice.

Which brings us back to the matter of creating Heaven. The Garden of Eden. Civilization as we know it. We tried. Cue civilizations rising. Cue civilizations falling. We did not take the hint. Cue civilizations rising. Cue civilizations falling. It obviously needs more Heaven. Cue civilizations rising. Cue civilizations falling. Harder.

This has happened both here and in the west. But why did the west got so sick and twisted because of it? They lost understanding of the cycle itself. They were so scared of pain and suffering they rejected the very idea of it. They took the Tradition and twisted it to hide. The 'absolute' was inherently good. Morally good. Suffering was anathema. An aberration. Punishment.

And not only did they try to build the Garden of Eden on earth. They tried to build it in their own minds. In their own souls and spirits. In their own psychobabble. In their own intellects. It needs more Heaven. That's what they answered to everything. That was their response to every failure. Throw in more Heaven.

The promised fall was no longer one of merely their civilization. It was one of their culture, of their spirituality, of their philosophy. The more levels in which they tried to manifest the immense dam of Eden, the more levels in which it was utterly destroyed.

And there is also the fact that there can be no left hand in Heaven. The left hand was proscribed: Human and other, idea and belief, physical and metaphysical. Everything which did not fit this particular intepretation of Eden had to be forbidden. As Nomask has demonstrated already, to be unfit of Heaven was to be 'insane.' It was a sickness. To be 'good' was the inherent nature of Human. To be 'evil' was therefore a distortion, a corruption.

But man was still stuck between Heaven and Earth. And the left hand, as I said, is reactionary. The more limitations that were imposed in order to build this false Heaven the more defiant it grew. The right hand wanted war and they were happy to obligue. And the right hand sucks at war. Big time. The right hand has morals, philosophies, empathy. The right cares. Nomask, for example. See the way in which he is unable to understand there are those who care neither for philosophy nor morality. I am 'morally solipsistic' - Not amoral, nor immoral. Morality is implied to be intrinsic. If you are not moral, you are sick. You need help.

The left hand doesn't care. It is ruthless. Might makes right. The slaves shall serve. The end.

The amusing part is, do you believe we are of the left because we choose to? We aren't. So I said, I do not know whether I picked the left or the left picked me. Humanity is between Heaven and Earth. Therefore, humanity reaches for Heaven. It also reaches for Earth. When I reached for Earth, I was forbidden to do so. But to reach for Earth was as natural as to reach for Heaven. Cue the reason why the left is reactionary: When there is balance, there is no left. There is no need. You are of both the right and the left, because you are human - Neither a fairy of heaven nor demon of the deep mountains.

We are merely stones in the board. We are simply reflections of the metaphysical. It WILL flow. Thus we exist. We are not the dark. We are being wielded by the dark. They created a dam. The dark WILL destroy it. We are a symptom of it: Humanity, sick, eating each other like beasts in the field. The missing Earth in their equation of Human.

Let us go back to the five elements. As I said they are measures. Or, let us say patterns. Water is always far more Yin than Yang, even if the exact amount of each varies. Earth is always nearly the same of either, even if it may go slightly towards Yin or slightly towards Yang.

Human is the same. It will always be near the middle point between Heaven and Earth, not the element but the concept, which are two different things. A great many, willingly or not, tried to become Heaven. Then, we are the ones who are mostly Earth. Humanity, as a whole, remains near the middle point.

And the more they fight against it, the more it will hurt.

Let us go back to Kabalah.

You want to create the Garden of Eden, right? Where do you begin? With God. There is no way around it. The Garden of Eden can only exist because of God - Everyone else is merely an eternal child. God maintains the Garden of Eden. God keeps the scary things away. God takes care of all the resident's needs. God declares the law of Eden. God metes out punishment to those who break it.

Do you see the paradox?

To be 'good' means you recognize yourself under the authority of something, which is 'goodness.' You act in accordance to 'goodness,' and therefore you are 'good.' You act in accordance to 'law,' and therefore you are 'lawful.' You act in accordance to 'morality', and therefore you are 'moral.'

But, isn't the God of Eden the highest, above which there is nothing? So He isn't Good. It is impossible for Him to be. Good is Him. The inhabitants of Eden live to his pleasure and approval, and in accordance to His will. He lives to His pleasure and approval, and in acordance to His will.

'ere be two hands, boy, and that ain't right.

You try to rebuild Eden. This implies the creation of a seat of power. Sorry, did you just mention 'power' within earshot of the left? Cue it descending upon it like a murder of crows, with murder being the keyword. They will slaughter each other. They will tear appart anyone who gets in the way. They will rip into pieces anyone who looks like he may be entertaining the idea of getting in the way, just in case. They will be ruthless, crazed by the smell of power.

Eventually an implicit hierarchy will emerge among them. It is the way of the left. The first thing they will do then is to ensure their own places in the hierarchy - To keep the ones below down, to keep the ones above guessing. Now it becomes a game for them and them alone: Who rises, who falls, who rises again. Every now and then a newcomer will be powerful enough to fight her way to the court room. A hero come to depose the dark ones? No. A new player. The left hand is self perpetuating. When you get there, you have been changed. Tainted. You are one of them. They welcome you. Might makes right. You showed your power, and thus demonstrated your claim to rights.

Their game benefits no one but them, other than incidentally. Let us use this thread as an example: If you have IT, to learn Sorcery will benefit you. Still, to benefit you is not my agenda. I honestly like you, so when I have to make a choice from between all those which will serve my purpose I will always pick the one which either gives you the most collateral benefit or brings you the less collateral damage. And still, I am honest about it - Forced between attaining and not, it would no matter to me how much I like you.

This is the same for all of us. This is who we are.

In their game, the lords then rip appart the soul of Eden. Cultural identity, morality, and so on. The reason I refer to generic westlandia in such a way to begin with. These are the things which make the right hand: What defines a people, a group, a tribe, a community, a clan. They twist that which will serve them, the devour that which will not. The soul of Eden becomes the soul of the left hand: Individualism, competition, progress, consumism, and so on. For their own benefit, not for yours. You end up playing the game of the dark, yet you are not the dark. You will never be good at it. You will always be slaves.

You tried to create a reflection of Eden. You ended up creating a reflection of the cataclysm. The ruin of Eden. If you had limited Eden to the immanent, then your civilization would have risen and your civilization would have fallen. But you tried to build Eden in every aspect of you, and its ruin will manifest in every aspect of you as well.

If you are lucky then it will all collapse before long. If you are unlucky it will continue. It will become a living monument to the Sitra Ahra. A body for its soul to fully descend into.

Then you'll have your Hell on earth alright.

And to be honest I want to see it, the ultimate ruin of it. Deep down, I hate each and every one of you. It is this primordial hatred which guides me. Because at the end of the day I am not lossing more and more of my grasp on humanity with every little moment because I wanted to, but because you called forth demons and someone had to be their vessel. You tried to become vessels of Eden, so we were made into vessels of Hell.

And, you know what? It hurts. It tears appart your mind from the inside.

You wanted to discuss Karma, didn't you? This is it. Action and reaction. Cause and effect. Choice and consequence. You tried to become a dam, and the current carried you away by force. You tried to make human be merely Heaven, and created humans who are merely Earth. People often says, in a somewhat misinterpreted manner, 'this must be my Karma.' In that somewhat misguided sense we, those of the left, are the 'Karma' of western civilization.

So suffer. So cry. So die. Be sacrificied to the ruin of Eden. Be thrown to the gaping maws of our Lords. Be consumed by the madness you created. You, not us.

But we shouldn't be discussing it, to be honest. I said, there are thingies we shouldn't think carelessly about. For you the Sitra Ahra is an abstract concept, so it isn't dangerous, but I have begun sliping bad and had to delete quite a bit of that and rewrite the rest because I was shortcircuiting hard.

So I won't be saying anything else about this topic.

Which brings us to barriers.

The circle is the most basic form of barrier. This is only natural, as a circle has no angles and angles are themselves seen as portals. Yes, just like in that story about the doggies who traveled through angles and ate people up. As usual, we do not know the reason why angles are seen as portals. They still are.

My personal theory is that if you take an angle such as this,

<

And continue the lines you end with something such as this,

X

So that an angle is the point in which the distance between the explicit space and it's implied reflection is either non existent or as close to non existent as it may ever be. In other words, a point in which the veil and the membrane are at their weakest.

Or some such.

It follows many call this the casting of the circle. However, I do not believe this is a good name. Barriers do not need to be circles. Moreover, barriers do not need to be geometrical figures at all.

To raise a barrier is a better description, but I have found there are many who understand this as visualizing a barrier of some sort being raised around them. Most Sorcerers can't visualize for peanuts, and thus their magical shimmering barriers end up being worth not even that. Peanuts. Barriers are not the best place for uncertainty to dwell, for reasons which should be obvious.

Moreover, the reason Barriers can be so boring to deal with is that they are utterly anticlimatic. For the most part you will not even perceive barriers until they start to break. What signs they give as they are raised and of their continuous existence are subtle and, for the most part, indirect. To use visualization for barriers can therefore be dangerous: Is the subtle feeling you are getting the result of the barrier being raised or your reaction to the vivid imagination of a barrier being raised?

This can be said of all defensive or protective Sorcery. No matter how effective your decoy is, and even if you have become so adept you can feel the power surging through the circuit and through the decoy itself, you will not even notice it in your daily life. How many of my decoys are already dead? In most cases you won't notice until they all are, when something that should have hit a decoy does instead hit you.

This is why I spoke of living decoys, such as people and animals, willing or not. If your animal decoy suffers the effect of, for example, a very obvious curse, you know someone or something is gunning for you. Who would waste such a curse on a hamster? This is more difficult with people, but still, if several people who are your decoys begin to suffer from sinister influences at the same time, chances are someone or something is gunning for you. More so if the decoys don't know each other.

The best living decoys are Sorcerers willing to become your decoys. Trying to curse someone and hitting instead a paper doll, a guinea pig, or a Normie is one thing. Trying to curse someone and hitting instead a sociopath warlock who is protected by demonic seals and oaths is something else entirely. This is much easier to accomplish if you are cute, asian, and leggy, but maybe you could get some such pacts going among yourselves?

So I want to drill this idea into your head: Defensive and protective sorcery is not when you get creative, nor when you get lazy. Keep it simple and to the point. Overlap as much of it as you can. Be paranoid. Don't make one decoy when you can make five thousand. Don't cast a circle when you can cast a dozen overlapping ones. You may be wearing a protective talisman when somewhere potentially dangerous, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be murmuring a mantram as well. This should be obvious to you already, but it is a war out there.

Back to barriers now.

Following 'As above, so below' the westerling basic circle follows the idea of the Garden of Eden as well. It has been so since time immemorial, which in this context means 'as far back as I cared to check.' It was, however, in the late victorian period when it was codified and systematized.

It all came down to the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Yes, that's a mouthful. Back in the days of the original Golden Dawn it was the first circuit taught to a hopeful. They were expected to practice it for years, several times a day. Eventually their mastery of the mouthful and the magickal diaries they have been writing all along would be put under scrutiny. If they passed the scrutiny, they would be taught a second circuit. Which, incidentally, was ALSO a defensive one.

Gee.

Ever since then, for some reason or another, the mouthful, a variation of the mouthful, or a circuit based on, or outright plagiarizing, the mouthful has been the first circuit most westerling Sorcerers learn. They use it first thing in the morning and last thing in the night, they use it to both before and after other circuits, they use it before undertaking anything mundane of importance, and they use it at random, whenever they feel like it. And they all swear by their power and effectiveness.

And, yes, this is another of those 'civilized westerling Sorcerers are dumb' diatribes.

The key to this is that the mouthful isn't itself used merely as a circle but as a form of metaphysical shower. Moreover, this cleansing, which should at best be a secondary preocupation when it comes to barriers and circles, is actually the main purpose of the circuit. Most of those who use such a circuit do not even see it as raising a barrier but as cleansing themselves in the metaphysical level. This means the intention is twisted: Whatever defensive virtue the circle thus raised has is canceled by the fact in their minds the circuit is first and foremost a form of cleansing.

This is one of the most utterly retarded things to ever happen to westerling sorcery, and it has quite the competence. They through a very complex and symbolical casting of the circle to do what they should have already done by means of implicit circuits and a good shower, and THEN they draw a half assed circle in the floor to use as actual barrier.

It is sick, twisted, and WRONG.

Which brings us to another problem. The mouthful is a very impressive piece of Sorcery - Floating pentagrams of shimmering light, floating circles of shimmering light, floating orbs of shimmering light, being impaled into a cross of shimmering light, an ocean in which mermaids and dolphins do whatever it is mermaids and dolphins do, four floating archangels, dancing floating salamanders, forest full of creepy shadows, a small army of minor angels, and so on. Some versions of it even calls for the presence of an egyptian goddess to this day I don't know what has to do with anything.

Don't you believe me? It is understandable. So, please, see for yourself.

Oh, wait. It is all visualization.

Here, have some peanuts.

What I want to say to whomever came up with this eminently flawed piece of ceremonial sorcery is this: When your entire circuit depends on imaginary archangels, at least have the dignity to have it all occur inside your feverish mind and save yourself the embarassment of wearing the curtains in public. This is no Sorcery. It is LARPing.

Which brings us to another problem with so many civilized westerling sorcerers, wannabes, and dabblers - Most of them never do Sorcery outside their basements temples and in the company of anyone but fellow basement dwellers ceremonial sorcerers.

I have homework for you.

Invite your girlfriend, her relatives, and your relatives to dine in your place. Invite a few of your friends as well. The closest ones. Make it a big event. A big party. Better yet, use it to officially announce your engagement.

Halfway through the night you will stand up and retire to your changing room without saying anything. Then return, wearing the curtains, and go through the full mouthful, right here and in front of everyone. Then you will announce your engagement.

I double dog dare you.

See the problem?

Let us say you are in the middle of dinner and all of a sudden you slip into an altered state of consciousness. The reason? There is something there. Something alien. When your begin to perceive it, it is a huge mass of twisting shadows floating above the group. As it comes into focus, it becomes more and more of a hovering cancerous growth composed of disease, putrefaction, and black ichor. There are eyes on it, and gaping maws. There are tiny malformed arms coming out of it. It squirms. It twists. It pulses.

This can't have been here for long. You would have noticed it before. But it isn't new either. It isn't a baby learning how to float. It is big, and it is strong. It is mature. You do not know who brought it here, but you know soon everyone will begin to feel its effects. That's why you slipped. You have begun to feel its effects already.

Whomever it is following around is screwed. Such a thing can hurt people. Physically, metaphysically. Emotionally, intellectually, spiritually. Psychobabbly. It can kill people, or send them to an early padded cell. And everyone here may already be contaminated by it, or will before long. They will have a little 'egg' of their own, which will eventually grow into a full fledged abomination in time, given the proper conditions and enough OMNOMNOM.

What will you do to attempt banishing it away, the mouthful?

LOL.

We have already gone over the pertinent rules. I will not work. Even if it works, it will be greatly diminished. And the thing will fight back. How many times will you go through with it? How more diminished will it become with every public repetition? And whether or not you manage to banish it, What about your girlfriend, her relatives, your relatives, and your friends? What about the social ramifications?

Even more importantly, what will you do when the day comes The Qrincess walks through your door because she needs some Sorcery done right now? Wear the curtain? LARP you are commanding armies of angels and drawing pentagrams of shimmering light?

tumblr_m6ras0HBci1ravr0xo1_500.jpg

'Aish, what's wrong with that dumbass? I thought a real Sorcerer would be awesome and sexy and cool like KangDongWon, but... I better make sure no one recognizes me in the company of this loser.'

A once in a lifetime opportunity to impress The Qrincess.

Gone.

Because of the mouthful.

Good job.

We are back at the conflict we spoke of before: Human is between Heaven and Earth. A witch takes this one step further, for she is also between the physical and the metaphysical. What purpose does your sorcery serve, then, if you can't use it when it is needed? Why have you learned to banish when you can't actually banish that which needs to be banished? To use it instead as you should be using a cool shower, as ceremonial or casual as you prefer?

The madness of civilization as we understand it strikes again. You can no longer see the spirits, and sorcery has become harder for you as well. Do you believe this protects you from them as well? That you are invisible to the monsters you can't see? That you are immune to the Sorcerers you have forgotten? They haven't forgotten you. They can still see you, and the yumminess inside.

Ceremonial Sorcery is a broken thing.

As I see it, the proper way to approach sorcery is through layers. For example, the first layer is a mantram which you can repeat under your breath or mentally for as long as it takes without no one noticing. The second layer could be to either hold a mudra or go through a serie of mudras as you repeat the mantram. And so on until we reach full blown ritual many layers beyond.

There is a second reason for this as well.

Let us say you decide to summon an succubus. You are using NyaNyan's own summoning method. It is considered very effective, yet dangerous as well. As you were preparing for it, the reason behind at least some of this danger becomes obvious to you: The method does involve neither circle nor barrier. Such a glaring oversight! How come she did not notice it before? Was it maybe a deliberate oversight to test you? One way or the other, you decide to draw and cast your own circle before starting. She will be so impressed!

Wait.

Is a succubus supossed to look like a mass of tentacles covered in solid black eyes from which tar like tears stream and lamprey mouths from which the desperate screams of the damned come as a constant barrage?

Oh, fuck. You messed it up, didn't you? Real bad.

So you are standing inside of your circle.

Whatever that thingie is, it is hovering outside.

Waiting.

Desperate, you come up with a plan.

You will run out the door, close it behind you, and stamp that talisman you drew the other day on it as you run. The one with the fifth pentacle of mars on it.

It is a good plan. Man, you are as badass as NyaNyan's ex. No, wait. You are more badass than her Ex. He would probably have used it without first drawing and casting a circle, out of that hubris which is the downfall of so many dark sorcerers. He would be insane by now. Maybe even dead. You pat yourself in the back. You smile at your wit. She's going to be so into you.

And then you notice.

... The door is over there.

Outside the circle.

Oops.

So, plan B. You call NyaNyan, tell her your predicament, utterly fail to impress her, and maybe, if she's feeling like it and has nothing more interesting to do booked for the next week or so, secure a daring rescue for yourself. Good thingie you have a few days worth of food inside the circl-

What do you mean, you have no food inside the circle?

The end.

Back in the day, before civilization turned most Sorcerers into a bad joke demons tell to each other, we used other thingies to save our tails. A mantram, a sutra, a mudra, a prayer, an incantation, a gesture, a talisman, an amulet, a fetish, and so on. A combination thereof. Thingies which allow us to move 'away' from the incoming OMNOMNOM. Not thingies which allows the incoming OMNOMNOM to teach us just how insufferably patient thingies which have no body can truly be.

Of course, that's an extreme case. And still, you need for things to go extreme just once for it to be over.

It is also important to keep in mind you to at least have one barrier which complies with not only the previous considerations but two more as well.

First, a barrier which begins to work from the very moment you begin to raise it. A circle will not be 'cast' until you finish drawing it. A protective ritual will not be 'cast' until you finish the ritual. A combination of a gesture and an incantation, however, begins to work the moment you realize the gesture and being to intone the incantation.

Second, you have to be able to maintain it and reinforce it. Once you have drawn your circle, the circuit is over. That's your barrier. How do you reinforce it? Every single method to do so cancels the point of having a circle in the first place. You can, for example, recite an incantation which maintains the circle and further reinforces it with each repetition. Why aren't you reciting an incantation which acts as a barrier instead? It does the exact same thing while not turning you immobile.

To be able to maintain and reinforce a barrier is very important, and you already know my opinion on the 'visualization' method which is often used for this purpose.

If we take into consideration all of these factors the ideal 'basic' barrier circuit is a combination of a portable physical component and a verbal component. The physical component may be a gesture, a mudra, a talisman, an amulet, and so on. The verbal component may be an incantation, a mantram, a sutra, a prayer, and so on.

This allows you to use it without bringing attention to yourself as well by means of repeating the verbal component both under your breath and mentally. You can add to this by holding the item or executing the gesture in your pocket, for example.

For some reason, which I believe to be psychobabbly, the effect will be diminished in comparison to openly realizing the physical component while properly intoning the incantation, but it is still far, far, far less diminished than by trying to use the mouthful downtown and at peak hour.

Moreover, every repetition of the mantram or incantation will add to the effect and will focus your mind further. After enough repetitions you will be at the same point as if you had instead done it openly from the beginning. It is just slower to get going.

See? Layers.

You can use it in the safety of your basement temple. You can use it in the middle of the street. You can use it when the many tentacles of evil break the door down.

Now, nothing of this should be read as dissing static barriers. They have their role and purpose - Raising a barrier around something or somewhere, for instance. But let us be honest: If there is something so dangerous you need a barrier, isn't it something so dangerous you should be open to the possibility of getting away from it? You may be able to deal with it. You may not.

So let us discuss static barriers now.

As I hope you have learned from our discussion on the garden of eden, all barriers will eventually crumble. You cannot impede the flow. The more the barrier fights against it, the harder it will be to maintain and the easier it will be for it to break down. This is far more important to static barriers than it is to personal ones: Personal barriers are more often than not used during a dangerous situation or to more easily go through a particularly messy context. They are short term and mostly applied to cancel or diminish a particular event, circumstance, or entity. A static barrier is better used to control the flow of forces within a space - To create a little garden of eden.

So two considerations to keep in mind when it comes to static barriers are those: You need a way to reinforce them, and you need to keep them simple and to the point.

The second one is particularly important. Barriers of all kinds are fully configurable. You can be as particular as you want about what comes in and what comes out, it all depends on the circuit. Naturally, the more things that want in it keeps out and the more things that want out it keeps in, the more the barrier will be strained. So it is in general a good idea to be as precise as you can.

It is also worth considering that barriers can't take the place of good FengShui or whatever takes its place in your particular culture or tradition. Such practices do not fight against the flow, they merely apply our understanding of it to find how to better benefit from it and how to gently nudge it so that it is the more advantageous for us. The keyword is 'gently.'

A barrier fights against the flow, and it is eventually broken appart.

However, they are much easier to use.

For example, as cursing bleep is half the fun of witchcraft you could set up a barrier as to enclose a location in such a way that misery, sadness, despair, and so on accumulates while nice fluffy thingies disipate normally. Moreover, that amount of misery, sadness, despair and so on will attract the kind of entities which feed and thrive on it... But it will not allow them to leave. Finally, any spell or some such designed to help that poor family will be repelled by your barrier, but any further spell you cast to further their misery will pass without being diminished, nor blocked, nor deflected.

It gives me a gigantic headache just to think on trying to do such a thing through FengShui. And still, the effect you could attain with proper FengShui at a great enough scale is orders of magnitude beyond of what barriers can even dream of doing.

Something which is important to understand, however, is that contrary to common belief barriers do not only affect the metaphysical. A barrier will affect people and animals as well. Animals are more easily affected than people, since we are at it. However, in neither case you should expect a solid wall of pure will or some such idiocy. The effect is still in the metaphysical - You are not affecting humans and animals because your barrier is physical, you are affecting them because they, the humans and the animals, have a metaphysical component too.

Thus the effect will be subtle and indirect, subconsious and instinctive. This is extremely important. If there is a barrier somewhere and you manage to keep your wits about you long enough for you to recognize the presence of a barrier, you can slip through it by means of an act of will - As in, consciously recognize the effects of the barrier and fight them off. So, say, if there is a barrier which manifests by summoning an instinctive, primal fear of the location in you, you can still approach the location by fighting the fear in the way you would naturally face any other fear of the instinctive and primal kind.

However, this only works while you are thinking clearly. So let us say you enter and discover the barrier was there to keep you away from the horrifying thingie locked inside. So you come face to face with the horrifying thingie, are with good reason surprised and scared, and run away from it. If the effect is not 'one way only', if the barrier works the same way both ways, you would be unable to leave: You would not be thinking rationally, so instead ofpicking 'go through the main door and leave' you would pick 'run up the stairs.' You would not even notice the choice. It would be automatic.

And you know what happens when you run up the stairs.

Back to the metaphysical nature of barriers, this doesn't means you can't raise a barrier which is both physical and metaphysical. If you are building a wall around your property, for example, you can mix the symbolic circuit to create the barrier in the process of constructing the wall itself. But for some reason all of the examples of this I can think of are of the dark kind, so I'll just leave the idea hanging for you to ponder if you are so inclined.

Needless to say, the barrier still needs to be maintained. Every now and then, spill the blood of innocents on the physical wall while you recite the proper incantati- Oops. Sorry.

Also, there are barriers which you simply can't break through an act of will. This is because some barriers will manifest themselves by simply making the place utterly unremarkable to you. You may walk in front of them ten thousand times and never even notice its existence. Nothing will bring your attention to it. You will not register its presence. As far as your mind is concerned it is invisible.

This barrier, however, is not perfect either. So let us say you get a Fedex quest. 'Take this package to this address.' The address in question is protected by such a barrier. So you can't find the address at first, absent mindedly. But as soon as you begin to properly pay attention to the addresses, you will break the influence.

Which leads us to another important point.

If you have knowledge of a barrier, it becomes weaker. As in, if after trying to approach the really creepy location and being overcomed by fear several times you start to look around and find something which demonstrates the presence of a barrier of such and such qualities beyond the shadow of a doubt, it will lose some, maybe all, of its grasp on you.

However, this knowledge must be certain. To suspect the presence of a barrier will do little, if at all. I do not know why it is so.

You have to be able to identify the presence of the barrier, at least, and the effect it has in you. Not the purpose of the barrier itself. For example, the barrier may be designed to keep westerlings away. You don't need to know that. You only need to recognize, correctly, how it is trying to keep YOU away.

A weak barrier may lose its entire effect this way. But the barrier has not been broken. If someone who doesn't trust you is with you, or one who doesn't believe in Sorcery, then to explain the nature of the barrier to them will do nothing to help them.

Similarly, if you stop thinking rationally it may recover some or all of its grasp on you.

This calls for a tangent. I did mention most of the time you will perceive barriers indirectly, didn't I? This is what I meant: You will perceive barriers for the effect they have in you and others. This is why introspection is so important to cute witches. If you study and recognize the intellectual, emotional, psychological, and so on, patterns your mind shows under normal conditions, it becomes much easier to notice when you are coming under the effect of Sorcery - Be it a barrier, be it a 'spell' or a demon or spirit mindscrewing you.

To have a passive relationship with your own mind is not healthy for a witch. To accept your own ideas, feelings, impressions, reactions, reflexes, instincts, and so on as your own at face value, as most people does, and go through life like that is the most stupid thingie you can ever do.

Ever.

Even if no one, Sorcerer or 'other,' is guning for you, you are still wide open to come under the effect of every half disipated spell floating around, not to mention Sorcery used upon locations, thingies, people, and so on you come across, and to even the mere presence of spirits who are simply floating from A to B through where you are. I could go on, but you get the idea already I am sure.

It is really, really stupid.

This is also why I have said to put yourself under spells is important. It gives you first hand knowledge on how spells work on the mind of the victim, which allows you in turn to be more vigilant for those particular patterns and other such. It is still not the same as being put under a spell by someone else, as the spells you put yourself under are weakened by your own knowledge of the spell's presence, but it is still important.

And I know what you are thinking - That you want to actually see the barriers, isn't it? Well... Me too. I have directly perceived, as in 'seen', more entities I know what to do with, but I have never been able to directly perceive a barrier. Maybe you will be able. Who knows?

That should do for an introduction on barriers.

Now for something a bit more practical.

If you study the Lesser Banis mouthful, you will notice it follows a very particular pattern. As a result, most, if not all, of the barriers and banishings descended from it follow the exact same pattern. This pattern reflects Kabalistic accounts of the structure, about which I told you earlier.

First you declare yourself God, or one with God, or one who has received authority from God, or at least one who is like God. This is done through a process called the Kabalistic Cross, the symbolism of which will mean absolutely nothing to you if you are not a devoted Hermetic-Kabalist. The witchtongue of it pretty much translates to 'I am the axis mundi.' You become the center of your subjective world, and focused only on yourself. Everything beyond you is the Sitra Ahra.

Then you separate this from that. You delineate a space within a space, an inside and an outside. This is done through two elements: The circle and the four watchtowers in the four corners of the world. Dumb people believe the watchtowers comes from the wiccans, or from the Golden Dawn and other such orders. In truth, it comes from Enochian Sorcery - But we will deal with this later. In the mouthful the four watchtowers take the form of four banishing pentagrams of... Earth, I believe they were? The Golden Dawn had lots of different pentagrams for lots of different thingies.

In any case, you are defining the Garden of Eden. The world inside the circle is your creation, for you are God. The world outside the circle is the primordial darkness. Inside the circle there is order in accordance to your will. Outside the circle there is chaos and discord, and everything which is, directly or indirectly, against your will. You reinforce this through the pentagrams/watchtowers: You kick from inside your Garden of Eden all that which is discordant with your will, and impede the entrance of that which is so.

Then you go 'fiat this' and 'fiat that.' The Golden Dawn, being Hermetic as well as Kabalistic, did this through the convocation of four archangels and four elements. This step involves one of the most certifiable insane uses of visualization on the entire corpus of western sorcery. Each of the four convocations is followed by a visualization so detailed the only way to actually do the entire ritual in under five minutes, as the guy in the video did, is to completely ignore the visualization altogether. Doing this under presure or when in danger? Good luck. You are going to need it.

In any case, what you do here is to actually create your garden of eden. However, you also become the fifth element yourself: You bring the elements together, you define their roles and functions, you declare their proper measures, and so on. This is the step which defines the purpose of the circle beyond 'protection' and 'purification.' Or, given the way the mouthful is used, beyond 'purification' and 'purification.' Amusingly enough, many who use the mouthful see this step as further 'purification.' It is truly a glorified shower.

Finally, you repeat the Kabalistic Cross. You are really, really, really God. Some add a fifth step in which they kick the floor, or step really hard, or some such. You know, the 'hit the floor with your wizard staff' part. For drama. I aprove.

In other words, the basic westerling circle is merely a reenactment of creation through an interpretation of it from a perspective mixing elements from the Hermetic and the Kabalistic. You can just as easily follow any other creation myth you want - The point is that you are God, this is your little microcosm, that is the big bad macrocosm, and thus while inside you are safe and in control.

As usual, this kind of circuit is far more effective if you customize it. The more intimate your knowledge of the creation myth itself, the better. Moreover, the peculiriaties of different creation myths can actually add further effects to the circle, beyond 'protection', 'purification', and your favorite from between 'balance' and 'equilibrium.'

Moreover, this kind of circuit is also far more effective if you drop the insane amount of visualization and just use a proper circle. Draw it. Pimp it up.

In this kind of circuit, it is important to keep in mind the circle and the circuit proper have a very peculiar relationship: The circle is creation, the circuit is the process through which it comes to be. So the circle you are using should represent the whole of creation as understood by the myth which you are following, while the circuit itself reflects the creation myth itself. Therefore you don't first draw the circle and the activate it with a circuit. It is best if the act of drawing and pimping up the circuit is part of the circuit itself. The circle and the circuit finish at the same time, and your little barrier is complete.

Of course, this creation myth does not need to be a religious one for it to work, but it tends to be one about the creation of something which has the symbolical qualities of the barrier you are trying to raise. For example, if you are a fan of a particular feudal lord or king who build a particularly mighty fortress, then your circle may reflect the myth and fact of this fortress while the circuit will be one which puts you into the role of this king or lord as you symbolically build the fortress the circle reflects. And so on.

And this has gone long enough already.

So let us give you some homework, for now.

It should be obvious: I want you to create both a circuit and a circle based on this 'Garden of Eden' configuration. It has to respect the properties we discussed: It has to have little to no visualization, it has to have a method of reinforcement which makes sense, and both the circuit and circle have to be designed in such a way they have a clear focus and do not add needless noise to the 'spell.'

Next episode we will continue with barriers. We will deal with many more types of barriers, give examples of each, and explain a bit more of the metaphysics behind them. We will also deal with the basics of such thingies such as talismans, amulets, incantations, and the like, which will eventually be developed on their own lessons.

So that's it for today.

Get cackling!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom