Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Krater pre-alpha Steam keys giveaway + feedback wanted!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can now preorder this on Steam for $15 (game releases on June 12th). Preordering gets you the first DLC for free. Note to thormo, you guys might want to consider a 4-pack, too, since the game will eventually allow for multi-player/co-op. The 4 pack bundles seem pretty popular in generating preorder sales.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wow, already? I thought this was for the end of the year or something like that....no wonder it looks so complete. o_O

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, surprised me, too. Note that co-op will not be available right away.

thormo

Educated
Yeah.

Coop will be added the latest the 10th of July. We felt we should focus on the offline version and get it tight so people who just want to play the campaign and roam around could do so. We will add more content during the summer as well. With the coop patch (free of course) we will add some coop related content as well such as boss fights for more people.

The 4-pack will be released when we release the coop part of the game.

Thanks for your support and feedback so far!
Cheers,
Martin aka Thormo

Replicant

Novice
I looked up the system requirements at the site, but couldn't find them. Does anyone know?

Also, how about the voice acting contest? Still going or not really?

thormo

Educated
The voice over contest is over the winners has been notified. We should announc ethe winners on our web page soon!

System requirements can be found here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42170/

at the bottom of the page. We might be able to go lower but we keep them until we know more.

thormo

Educated
Zed No we havent had the time to add a proper pause function yet. I still think we should have it as an option when you play single player offline.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Cool to hear about the 4 pack. Hopefully you guys do well with preorder sales. There's a bit of a buzz over at the Cheap Ass Gamer forums from people checking out the beta, etc. I can definitely see a groundswell of interest forming as release nears.

Angthoron

Arcane
Will there be more keys given for the beta? I seem to have missed out on this and it looks really interesting.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hi, just wanted to say this:

This is the only game that does not want to run on my gfx card, saying DX 10 support is required. This next to "big" titles like Diablo3 that still allow me to play (note: only playing demo) Maybe it's necessary to have these strict gfx card limitationsbut I can imagine there are more people with a bit older cards (or not?)

Cheers, and props for giving out so many beta keys !

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I agree that going with DX10 was a mistake from a 'widen the net' sales perspective but I'm sure they had their reasons. Despite the fact that I'm still chugging along on an antiquated card I realize that I'm more of an anomaly.

Gord

Arcane
So apparently it's out now?
Anyone can give some impressions from the beta?
What can I expect? Is it worth getting?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Also, is there a plan to add active-pause? I am in no mood to clickfest all over my 2073600 pixels in real time trying to fend-off hordes of mobs...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Also, is there a plan to add active-pause? I am in no mood to clickfest all over my 2073600 pixels in real time trying to fend-off hordes of mobs...

This. I was going to buy the game, but then decided not to because of no pause. I don't really feel like managing a party of characters as well as expect to use their abilities to their fullest in RT. Just imagine what a clusterfuck Baldur's Gate would be without pause.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This. I was going to buy the game, but then decided not to because of no pause. I don't really feel like managing a party of characters as well as expect to use their abilities to their fullest in RT. Just imagine what a clusterfuck Baldur's Gate would be without pause.
Agreed, it's a feature that I've been waiting for since the early apha...I'm dissapointed it didn't make into the final game...

Gord

Arcane
I would still be grateful for any sort of mini-review, summary or even just a witty one-liner about the game.

Is it a action-RPG hack&slash Diablo clone in post-apoc setting? A aRPG like Divinity II? Old-skool hardcore?

Anyone?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I would still be grateful for any sort of mini-review, summary or even just a witty one-liner about the game.
Is it a action-RPG hack&slash Diablo clone in post-apoc setting? A aRPG like Divinity II? Old-skool hardcore?
Anyone?
It's a mix of Diablo and Dawn of War 2. You choose & control 3 bros, each with its own abilities (tank, healer, melee fighter, ranged fighter, etc...) and must hack & slash through some dungeons, complete quests, gather phat lewt and the usual ARPG stuff. I did a mini LP of the beta some pages ago, give it a look and you'll understand.

Gord

Arcane
Thanks felipepe!

How's the system? Lot's of freedom when leveling, or not so much?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I have a question about the game if anyone wants to answer it. The Steam page with the features list mentions something about permanent injury and death.

The death part I get...

What is this permanent injury system? It intrigues me.

Very tempted to buy this just to support some Swede bros. I dig your furniture.

EDIT: Forget tempted. I will buy it when I get home, but I would still love some more information about the injury and death system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom