Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotOR 2 is one of the best games ever made

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jedi_Learner said:
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Well, fortunately some people play RPGs for things other than combat.

No shit Captain Obvious. Got anymore pearls of wisdom for us you stupid fuck?

No, I'll leave the pearls of wisdom to you:

Jedi_Learner said:
Matt7895 said:
Indeed. With the ending restored, it could be even better.

The combat will still be crap.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
On a side note, guys from Obsidian need to learn maths.

In the sith tomb on Dxun, there are these two puzzle-locked containers. One of the puzzles is to complete a mathematic equation:

(6 _ 2) _ 8 _ 9 _ 1 = 13

so I do (6x2)-8+9/1

WRONG

like, what the hell.

the proper answer is (6x2)-8+9x1...
Because we all know that dividing by 1 is totally not the same thing as multiplying by 1.

Also, I don't get what's so 'bad' about the ending, and please don't tell me it's because all the answers are not handed to you on a plate, because I'm gonna rampage.

MetalCraze

Arcane
the writing and roleplaying design of KotOR2 are infinitely superior than in most of all (roleplaying) games that came out since its release (and some years before).
if only all other parts of the game were on a par.
damn I want to play this game again, but knowing how much cut content are there and that TSLRP is still not ready I can't.

Balor

Arcane
Yea, that's really revealing stuff. Read it all, found out a lot, even after what I thought a complete playthough.

Anyway, just like Scorchy said:

"In fact, the quality of the writing in this game makes me think of this game as Planescape Torment Part II.

Having basically the same plot helps too."

He-he.
It may not be one of the best games ever made (cause 'game' is just a sum of it's parts, and some parts of it sure stink), but when it comes to story, dialogues and NPCs (Kreia!!1one) - it IS PS:T level allright.
Now, if they were given just a few more month to complete and polish the game - it would sure be an undisputed new classic.
I stilll think that it IS classic, but it's sure disputed however :).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"the writing and roleplaying design of KotOR2"

Meh. Middle of the road. Just like KOTOR1. Same shit, same smell, different pile of poo.

The fact that you can' stuck with an evil witch even though it was obvious she was up to no good handcuffs good role-playing. Pathetic.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thanks TWD , yet another thread where Jasede and Skyway can express their emo-love for KOTOR2 and VO can spam away with his usual retardness. Deja-fucking-VU.

Anyway this is the wrong forum gotdammit ! Kotor 2 isn't an RPG , it's an adventure game. Ask anyone. Ask Binary.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
ghostdog said:
Thanks TWD , yet another thread where Jasede and Skyway can express their emo-love for KOTOR2 and VO can spam away with his usual retardness. Deja-fucking-VU.

Anyway this is the wrong forum gotdammit ! Kotor 2 isn't an RPG , it's an adventure game. Ask anyone. Ask Binary.

I played KOTOR 2 on the Xbox and before KOTOR 1.

The above sentence was about as useful as your entire post.

fastpunk

Arbiter
KotOR2 is a weird case and all the cut content doesn't help its cause. From a gaming point of view it isn't too good but when it comes to writing it's almost up there with PS:T. And most of that goodness is concentrated in one NPC: Kreia. Even some of the other interesting NPCs, like Atris or Sion or Atton are made interesting because of Kreia and their relationship with her, whatever it may be. She's the black widow spider of the game, weaving her web and luring everyone in it. That's basically why I consider this a weird game, KotOR2 would be a lot less without Kreia.

Volourn said:
Meh. Middle of the road. Just like KOTOR1. Same shit, same smell, different pile of poo.

The fact that you can' stuck with an evil witch even though it was obvious she was up to no good handcuffs good role-playing. Pathetic.

Yeah, it's almost as pathetic as knowing Desther was up to something no good and not being able to tell anyone. :roll:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Jasede said:
True enough; but it's discouraging still.
Jasede, all sorts of absurd rumours keep coming up about a KotOR 3 from time to time. I have seen a disparate variety of them in Bioware forums, enough to not take any such rumour seriously. Particularly the KotOR 3 MMO thing.

Once Feargus Urquahart said that Obsidian was interested in making another KotOR 3. People thought that Obsidian was actually making a KotOR 3. And sometimes they still ask, "Is Obsidian done with it?" :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah, it's almost as pathetic as knowing Desther was up to something no good and not being able to tell anyone."

Except I've never seen anyone actually defend that. I *have* seen people defend Kreia being a forced party member despite the obviousness of her scummy evilness.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Volourn said:
I *have* seen people defend Kreia being a forced party member despite the obviousness of her scummy evilness.

Volourn doesn't differ from those who wanted to burn Galileo at the stake. He lives in a black and white world. And words like subtlety, ambiguity or depth are unknown to him as he believes everything is flat (probably the earth too).

Balor

Arcane
Well, Kreia IS an evil witch by Judeo-Christian conventions. Question is, how bad is it.

She very Pratchett-like, btw. Walking fine line between Light and Dark, living by wits and sheer force of will, bowing down to noone.

Oh, and she is not really forced. You don't have to have her in the party during the most of the game... but that's simply crippling yourself.
I can clearly see how people who didn't like Kreia and her 'force sucks!' crusade would consider KOTOR II an average game at best.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Kreia wasn't subtle. Not even close. She was opposite of subtle. Her evilness, and scumminess, and hatred of The Force was right in your face with absolutely no finesse. Don't get me wrong, Kreia is not a bad character. In fact, she is agood character; but she's not a godsend.

And, at least Desther wans't in your party. Kreia was forced into your party. And, you better believe I avoided having her in my 'away team'. Ugly crone bitch with her bullshit.

She blabbed on and on, and all she really said was: "I am right. Youa re wrong. Force is evil. Yadda, yadda, yadda." *yawn*

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Eh? I loved Ravel. Next lame try, please. You are a moron who thinks he knows all yet knows nothing at all. R00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom