Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOEI games, how are they these days?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm which one aside from 11 that made it to the PC port? I played 2nd & 3rd only.
RTK11 had too much micro factors that prevented it to be fun imo.
But it really make sense in logistics. No more, quick click on map and attack the province for a month without reinforcements coming in the first 2 weeks. Extra points for inducing opportunistic gameplay, especially when a larger kingdom unload 3/4 of their force at my town, and their neighbour invaded. Too funny.

Tigranes

Arcane
Heh. Yeah, for the first time Nan Man is somewhat accurately portrayed (uh, based on the most magical/fictional part of the novels, but yeah) and you actually have a fair chance.

Should have rebelled while Liu Bei was still alive though.

Looks like you're well aware of the chokepoint/fireball combo. :lol: There is a ridiculous version of it near... I don't know the English names for these places, should be something similar to Shin Ya (the lone province Liu Bei starts off around 201AD). Towards the East there is a narrow pass with 2 forest and 1 road tiles; you set up spearmen in the forests to defend, a Tiger (i.e. Zhao Yun) in the road and with the music thing (the construction that refills your strategy points) behind. I think I once held off a 100k Wei invasion with around 15k.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Tigranes said:
Ah, that's exactly it. That one is actually the easiest one, because it has level scaling. In the first one (Liu Bei), you were outclassed within 5-6 battles (out of 50+) if you didn't take the time to level up; after them, this one is a cakewalk. It is still possible to get your ass handed to you until you get used to it, though.

It also has the least retarded history-twisting, for obvious reasons. And some nice sea battles later.
Is there an English translation of Legend of Liu Bei? Anybody?

I already played through Legend of Cao Cao all the way through once (huge epic game), and I am really itching to play something like that again, so it's either finding another game in the series or playing through Cao Cao again.

And unfortunately, when I did download Legend of Cao Cao (or Sangokushi Sousouden as it is called, just for clarification, and in hopes someone will recognize it), and with all of Lady Wu's patches, it was just not working. I am tinkering a little to fix that right now, but I would be more than glad to try something fresh if possible.

Hell, if it's the last possible option, I reckon I'll just play it in Japanese and suffer my way through having no idea what's going on, but still playing the battles and killing everything. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom