Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Restored Content Mod + M4-78 Droid Planet Mod Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Honestly at this point if who ever get's this fucking mod out.. *soon* I'll be happy.

Even if zbyl/Stoney are working from the stolen released beta, I just honestly don't care.

If they can get it finished sooner than TG can, then so be it.

thepickler

Novice
It would just be the best if this new one were just a bluff to get TG to release. :) Funny stuff - but no mod could get me to play through that game again.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Dicksmoker said:
So what was the stuff that TG "added" to the mod?
I don't think they added anything that wasn't planned but there is a girl in Jedi Enclave ruins that was planned to be included in the game but there were no dialogue files or recording for her. So TG has written dialogue for her (with is so bad that after the first sentence it is clear it's not Obsidian's work) and recorded voice acting - I had to turn the sound off for the time of speaking to her.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
zbyl2 just entered the stage on page 6.
Guess you're talking about video with Mandalore? You know that this scene ISN'T in mod? I made video for fun, in our mod it's on Ravager just as it was supposed to be.
God, I love this shit!

denizsi

Arcane
Just how many bugs are there, and what does it take to fix them? All the drama aside, I haven't even touched KOTOR 2 yet just because of what I've heard of the bugs, and it's making me angry. Just how hard is it to fix bugs? Maybe a few of us could could join forces to take an initiative here?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
denizsi said:
I haven't even touched KOTOR 2 yet just because of what I've heard of the bugs, and it's making me angry.

To be honest, what people say about Kotor 2's bugs is greatly exaggerated.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I didn't encounter any bugs while I played.

Hümmelgümpf said:
This mod looks better than TSLRP because it doesn't "restore" the Genoharadan who were cut on purpose, not because of lack of time.
Not fitting in?

wrathofdog

Scholar
Any chance that this other RP doesn't feature spliced in amateur voice-overs? Because I was going to skip TG's mod just for that, if they ever actually released it.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You were going to skip it because of one minor character with amateur voice-acting? Perhaps you're anal-retentive about these things, but to me it hardly seems like a reason to skip the whole mod.

denizsi said:
Just how many bugs are there, and what does it take to fix them?
Darth Roxxor is right. The bug count, in my opinion, is exaggerated. Plus, if you're not saving your games haphazardly, like a total noob retard, you just reload. It's like any other game.

Lockkaliber said:
You were going to skip it because of one minor character with amateur voice-acting?
Have you heard Kaevee's VO? It's not just amateur; it's a fucking brutal ear rape and it lasts forever. I think you can skip it, though, by just avoiding her area.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
chicago_bankroll said:
denizsi said:
Just how many bugs are there, and what does it take to fix them?
Darth Roxxor is right. The bug count, in my opinion, is exaggerated. Plus, if you're not saving your games haphazardly, like a total noob retard, you just reload. It's like any other game.

Lockkaliber said:
You were going to skip it because of one minor character with amateur voice-acting?
Have you heard Kaevee's VO? It's not just amateur; it's a fucking brutal ear rape and it lasts forever. I think you can skip it, though, by just avoiding her area.

I'm not a fan of amateur VA either, and I had already prepared myself for it being cringeworthy. Still I don't see it as a reason to skip an entire mod. Now you've got me interested in how bad it really is though. Stuff like that can break immersion like nothing else.

Wouldn't it be enough to just replace the audio files with blank ones? I don't know anything about kotor's game files, but if the VO is simply files in a folder it should work. No annoying VO and no need to disable the audio entirely.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Vanished One said:
Wouldn't it be enough to just replace the audio files with blank ones? I don't know anything about kotor's game files, but if the VO is simply files in a folder it should work. No annoying VO and no need to disable the audio entirely.

IIRC yes, you could do that. Also I believe you could just delete the VO files as well. The engine will try to load them, won't find them and then just continue on.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Darth Roxor said:
denizsi said:
I haven't even touched KOTOR 2 yet just because of what I've heard of the bugs, and it's making me angry.

To be honest, what people say about Kotor 2's bugs is greatly exaggerated.
Yep, bugs weren't so much the problem as the gaps in the story. Especially near the end the game literally falls apart. If find the whole premise with which MCA aproached the game and the setting faulty and gameplay sucks, etc, but that's just me.
The majority of bugs seem to have popped up in the process of modding and restoring. At least that is the impression I have.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The open BETA v1.4 is now available to the public:

http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=339&page=3

OK, here it is the open Beta for the restoration project is ready

Author: Zbyl2 and DarthStoney
Name: TSL_Restored_Content_Mod

Filename: TSL_Restored_Content_Mod vers 1.4

1. Description:
----------

Restores a lot of cut content in KOTOR (TSL)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Nice.

Two quick questions.

Any of the "hardcore" mods worth it? The Super Enhanced one sounds interesting, with "realistic" lightsaber and blaster damage.
If not, I may play a gunslinger. Should I make the Exile a rifleman or a pistoleer?

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Damn and I had JUST reinstalled TSL with some mods I had never used before. Now I gotta uninstall and reinstall with this new thing.

This is gonna rock so hard!

PS. Suck it team gizca.

Black

Arcane
Good, after playing that piece of shit ass erect 2 I might as well play something good in space.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Liberal said:
So this mod has mostly everything TSLRP was supposed to have?
Minus a couple of things TSLRP "restored" that made no sense and were completely made up by Gizka, such as permanent stat losses when you rescued NPCs at the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom