Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Its in a really good spot right now. I recently played through the new starting area on version 1.22, I first played on 1.0 and I think 1.13. There are difficulty options up the yin yang now so really anybody can play how they want, from version 1.0 brutality all the way to basically internal cheat engine.

I was testing it without gold for level up and the new area, if completely clearing everything, can potentially bring you to level 4. This is perhaps slightly over the sweet spot. In my opinion, new players should enter the dungeon proper approximately level 3 all else being equal and using otherwise default difficulty.

There are alot of new checks in the game and different encounters dependent on your choices and which checks you've chosen based on party composition as well as quite a few new potential companions which you can also switch out on the fly after you've recruited them. He's done a lot of work.

One thing that could have been left out is the whole isometric perspective and 3d sprites. A lot of wasted effort there in my opinion as the tokens are ideal and really good to play with although the stock art does leave something to be desired. There are a few token packs on nexus mods and also one I believe by Felipepe that can be found somewhere between pages 93 and 96 on this thread that flesh out the tokens fully and look really good.

posted by adolfsatan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlty977txci8wn2/tokens.zip?dl=0
posted by Felipepe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14P67kzFH0dJw2Ek0zetZORcXkRar_7cC/view?usp=sharing

In addition, Hearkenwold by our prestigious resident Dorateen is also fully playable and available on nexus mods so right out of the gate there is another whole extremely high quality module to play as well which becomes much more challenging in combat with the roots-based AI.

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2

One thing to note, the AI options are integral to the experience in my opinion. There is Thorough AI, Accelerated AI, and Very Accelerated AI. The Thorough AI option is simply the best D&D AI that has ever been programmed, the enemies actually use the tools they have available to smoke your ass and it's great.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
One thing to note, the AI options are integral to the experience in my opinion. There is Thorough AI, Accelerated AI, and Very Accelerated AI. The Thorough AI option is simply the best D&D AI that has ever been programmed, the enemies actually use the tools they have available to smoke your ass and it's great.

I hope it's faster than it was back in 1.0 because it was hideously slow in larger battles.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, and since the game is officially coming out soon can someone rip those higher resolution portraits for avatars already?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm mostly interested in module creation. Did basic planning of the start in rpgmaker but it's too limited for what i want if you don't go wery deep into custom things.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Those new isometric dungeons weren't in the original release, nor in the latest one I played...

Preview of the upcoming new modules, or additional content he snuck into the campaign?

It's the tutorial module.
I barely launched it to take a quick look as intro and tutorial adventures are not my thing but it's probably hardcore, as far as tutorial adventures go.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Installing dlc for Battle Brothers right new, also have Legends to play. All this in the remaining 2 weeks. Assuming Pierre won't find more micro-issues. It was some time where i had 2 games i really wanted to play at the same time. Almost anyway. Incline.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those new isometric dungeons weren't in the original release, nor in the latest one I played...

Preview of the upcoming new modules, or additional content he snuck into the campaign?

I barely launched it to take a quick look as intro and tutorial adventures are not my thing but it's probably hardcore, as far as tutorial adventures go.

Even the tutorial rapes you then? Lol, classic Pierre.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Even the tutorial rapes you then? Lol, classic Pierre.
Imagine tutorial for module creation then!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
but the real question is

will it require a re-revio?

Personally I'd say yes. I completely agreed with your original review and had the exact same frustrations and annoyances with my original complete playthrough.

The playthrough I did on Pierre's new "normal mode" back in the summer was a much less frustrating but still challenging experience.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Still haven't played it past 30 minutes. I wonder if I should finally play it on the release version, or wait for the unavoidable post-release feedback inspired patch. Or two patches....

nimateb

Augur
*checks steam page*

"Digital Deluxe Edition"... i'm not reading a single page of those manuals, listening to a single track of those shitty mp3 or even look at the undoubtedly hideous pngs...

but im still buying two copies of the motherfucking deluxe edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3451570

Update #57: KotC 2 to be released on Steam & GOG on 25 March 2022!

Hello everyone!

I've finally completed the requirements for the release of Knights of the Chalice 2 on Steam and GOG. The game is scheduled to be released on Friday 25 March at 6 am Pacific Time / 2 pm UK time / 3 pm Paris time.

You can already visit the Steam store page, the Steam forum page and the Steam store page for the Archmage Pack DLC. You can also visit the GOG store page and GOG forum page.

8492b17eb1c08ecc771efd91de40a8a5_original.png

New Video on Youtube and Updated Website
On this joyful occasion, I have uploaded to the Youtube channel a new video showcasing the game. Please feel free to post comments on Youtube and subscribe to the channel. :)

In addition, I have updated the webpage dedicated to KotC 2 Features and the page dedicated to KotC 2 Screenshots. I have also created a new webpage dedicated to the Praise given to KotC 2 by players.

Next Steps For Knights of the Chalice 2
In coming days, I will continue focusing on marketing tasks. I need to post in the Forums, post and reply in the Steam forum for KotC 1, post and reply in the Steam forum for KotC 2, post something in the GOG forum, post something on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, reply on Youtube, take care of a mass email campaign for players and news providers, contact RPG Youtubers, and contact other RPG developers.

After the release, I will take care of the KotC 2 Steam and GOG keys that should be sent to Kickstarter backers depending on each person's pledge. I'll post a Kickstarter update once that's done.

After that, I will work on the upcoming adventure module, the new features that need to be implemented, and the hiring of a graphic designer.

About the macOS version of KotC 2
Concerning the macOS version, I'm changing the path where the game stores the saved games and user-created modules from 'Library/Application Support' to '(home)/Library/Application Support' in order to comply with the permission system of recent macOS systems.

I am now uploading version 1.24, which uses the new path.

After you install the new version, please copy (or move) the files in 'Library/Application Support/KotC 2' to '(home)/Library/Application Support/KotC 2'.

Please Spread The Word, Brave Warriors & Mages!
It is a time of turmoil in the world of Mindrel, but it's also a time of turmoil in the real world. We just seem to be tumbling from one crisis to the next! Hopefully, the war will end soon.

In any case, Knights of the Chalice 2 will be released in just two weeks.

Therefore, I'm Counting On Everyone To Help Spread The Word!

Feel free to let your friends know and please post about the game on Reddit, RPG and video game websites, RPG forums, and the various social networks in order to increase awareness.

631436da3ad86f3370df1198c3e528ec_original.png

Thank you so much for your support, Legendary Knights of the Realm!!

Take care and stay safe everyone! Best regards ^_^

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Is it as fun as KOTC yet?
I really never understood why Pierre didn't make at least one small dlc for kotc1 with 2 or 3 additional profession, maybe a race. No, wrong, i did, it was Pierre being himself. Thankfully it is not important anymore. Hell, someone will probably port kotc1 into kotc2 engine some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom