Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

BlackGoat

Arbiter
It is amazing that he gets anything done at all. But he does, bless him

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Seems like he's wasting time / treading water and a lot of this stuff won't matter to the success of the release.

Pierre being Pierre as usual.

He truly is a special breed of autist.
On the other hand it is exactly the fact that they are autist some men can make interesting games. Pierre is one, the DF dude is another, there are others too. Their autism might be annoying but in the end it gives them "strength" to do what they do.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
He has what Troika and Prelude to Darkness devs lacked, dedication.
Because they released buggy messes they never fixed while he's fixing KotC 2. (even overfixing it, if you ask me)

KotC 1 latest build is 1.36, i think, so i guess updates will keep on flowing, let's just hope he will release KotC 2 officially before 1.36 because it'd bring us to march 2023.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Because they released buggy messes they never fixed while he's fixing KotC 2. (even overfixing it, if you ask me)

KotC 1 latest build is 1.36, i think, so i guess updates will keep on flowing, let's just hope he will release KotC 2 officially before 1.36 because it'd bring us to march 2023.
To not be too harsh on Troika, Pierre is one man who makes and indie game (and just buys the assets he needs?) and afaik has other sources of income or money to sustain himself - on mushrooms, but it counts. Right? Troika was a middle sized studio and was making games with much higher costs and production values and had people who made a living there. Those are different situations. Still, of curse, their games were infested by bugs and should have been released and the supported better. But enough about Troika. Pierre did release some games before - mostly KoTC1 - so he will release this one day. The constant delays are caused perhaps because he considers this one his "opus magnum", his life masterpiece? But one can work on a computer game - especially indie - even after it's out.
Pierre you can polish and perfect your baby AFTER you release it!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

To not be too harsh on Troika, Pierre is one man who makes and indie game (and just buys the assets he needs?) and afaik has other sources of income or money to sustain himself - on mushrooms, but it counts. Right? Troika was a middle sized studio and was making games with much higher costs and production values and had people who made a living there. Those are different situations. Still, of curse, their games were infested by bugs and should have been released and the supported better. But enough about Troika. Pierre did release some games before - mostly KoTC1 - so he will release this one day. The constant delays are caused perhaps because he considers this one his "opus magnum", his life masterpiece? But one can work on a computer game - especially indie - even after it's out.
Pierre you can polish and perfect your baby AFTER you release it!

His other job seems to be writing white papers demanding various insane lolbertarian ideals. Whether anyone actually pays him for said white papers, I've no idea.

Presumably he wouldn't need a root diet if they did.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The good thing is I downloaded 1.23 in 5 minutes, usually, it caps at 1Mos and takes forever so I guess I'll have to thank all of you not downloading it.

plem

Learned
KoTC 2 will be the first title released on steam's new Late Acess program, wherein buyers only get the game months after it's done

Serus

Arcane
Patron
KoTC 2 will be the first title released on steam's new Late Acess program, wherein buyers only get the game months after it's done

Buyers already have it, early birds get the roots!
Late complainers, on the other hand, got what they deserve...
... opportunity to complain, the favourite pass time of Codexers.
You "early birds" lost your chance to complain. Otoh we will play the game sooner or later.
:troll:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
What are you talking about? 3/4 of this thread consists of us complaining about the bugs and rape fests. That's something you full-versioners won't get to complain about. Not so sassy now, huh? HUH?

:smug:

Codex Year of the Donut
It's flawed but I actually like the new art style. Can't stand the abstract circle tokens he had before.... I also can't stand card games for the same sort of reason.

If it was on Steam I'd buy it right now.

watched the first bit
why is he able to just look at the character sheet of NPCs including things like their alignment?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What are you talking about? 3/4 of this thread consists of us complaining about the bugs and rape fests. That's something you full-versioners won't get to complain about. Not so sassy now, huh? HUH?

:smug:

SWq3eeO.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Buyers already have it, early birds get the roots!
Late complainers, on the other hand, got what they deserve...
... opportunity to complain, the favourite pass time of Codexers.
You "early birds" lost your chance to complain. Otoh we will play the game sooner or later.
:troll:

We already had our chance to complain about the ball-crushingly hard difficulty of the original release.

You waiters will never get to experience the hardest RPG ever made :smug:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Ha! I will get the chance to experience the game for the first time! You will never do that, can't loose virginity twice..

Except we managed to have the game while it was still moist and tight, an inexperienced virgin with an incredibly wild heart that was impossible to tame.

Now she has gained more experience but lost some of that initial awkward wildness. She may have learned how to please you better, but she is also tamer, more restrained.

She won't leave deep scratch marks on your back anymore, which might be better for your health but you'll always wonder whether you missed something by not experiencing her original wild untamed state...

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Ha! I will get the chance to experience the game for the first time! You will never do that, can't loose virginity twice..

Except we managed to have the game while it was still moist and tight, an inexperienced virgin with an incredibly wild heart that was impossible to tame.

Now she has gained more experience but lost some of that initial awkward wildness. She may have learned how to please you better, but she is also tamer, more restrained.

She won't leave deep scratch marks on your back anymore, which might be better for your health but you'll always wonder whether you missed something by not experiencing her original wild untamed state...
OTOH I still have the real night ahead of me while you only have a memory.
:philosoraptor:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
But on that memorable night, she had the kind of energy that makes all other women RPGs pale in comparison.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is nice. I am more interested in having a good module creator. Hopefully it's not that difficult to use.

And having another 3.5 based CRPG to play is always a good thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom