Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This game is going to look awesome on my Mac because Macs are way better than shitty PCs with M$.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny. If you have backed the game, the Steam key is in your profile now. 20 minutes after my question here :P

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Funny. If you have backed the game, the Steam key is in your profile now. 20 minutes after my question here :P

OMG lol. And I just checked it out before I replied to you. :lol:

Well, preloading starts now.

EDIT: AND it comes with the soundtrack already! Kewl.

EDIT 2: FFS you can't preload or download the soundtrack yet? Shieeet.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just a tidbit - in a Czech interview the lead environmental designer for Warhorse confirmed the DLC is in the works and there will be a dog companion. I thought they've given up on that - Vavra said they tried but all the iterations were shitty - but apparently not.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
RYYTqN8.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Shitposting in threads about games I don't care about is so much cooler than meaningful discussion. Fuck the actual subject of conversation.

Shitposting on a site dedicated to a genre I don't care about is so much cooler than meaningful discussion. Fuck the genre and maturity level of the site!

ArchAngel

Arcane
It'd be nice if they had a magic D1P that made that combat less jank

KCD WILL have "jank", let's not kid ourselves. This game's "jank" is not a feature of patches but money.

As I see it there are two ways you can approach it:

1. While playing the game, be constantly on the lookout for anything janky, cheap or glitchy. Barely notice anything good about the game. Get increasingly angry, then uninstall. Proceed to burning bridges the game on the Codex. Post bug gifs, label anyone who likes the game a Warhorse plant.

2. While playing the game filter out the jank as much as you can. If you need to rationalize it away, tell yourself, I don't know, that this game's budget is 20x lower than comparable games like Skyrim or Witcher 3. Try to see if there are things you really enjoy and build your playthrough on them.

And remember it's the Codex, if you end up hating the game you'll get all your fun back and then some doing No. 1.
1. This is how we had fun with last Mass Effect. I see now reason why this game should be spared of making fun of its bad parts.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks. 20 years ago when I studied game development, I did development of destructible terrain just for fun. And game that's 4 years in development can't do that?

I looked at the hunting in that video, and well, I might be doing mainly freeware stuff and research, but if commercial company do this... For me these mishaps are clearly visible, and I will not try to explain them, anyone with 2.5 years of experience on real projects in industry knows that. (With exception of M. K. who has pink glasses similar to Molyneux.)

Also, it's bit weird they spend so much time for researching how to do "simulating combat", but even I know more about hunting than them. (For example 1. random person in medieval WOULD NEED permission even when he's son of blacksmith and perhaps new whatever it was done in story. 2. Boar hunts are ALWAYS done in more than one people. I wanted to post a video from Hare nochi Guu about his mother going to hunt, but I didn't found any nice. Youtube kills copyrighted stuff left and right. But torn leg 5 km from nearest town is no joke. 3. I'm actually not sure when they released domesticated pigs into wilderness to intermix with wild boars, but event today wild boars are no joke ESPECIALLY when they have cubs. 4. Boars are not obliged to leave from position under tree after short time like 2 hours.)

Sentinel

Arcane
Hunting is not a big priority. Yes a wild boar will probably fuck you up, but do you really want that sort of realism in a game? At some point you have to balance out the fun factor against the realism. Besides who the fuck works on boar pack AIs, unless it's a hunting game?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They said it's not meant to be a fully realistic simulation, just an RPG that goes for a good level of historical realism while still being engaging to play. That said it is looking pretty rough even with the 1.1 patch. It could still go either way. Even if the game is buggy trash we can at least look forward to the CrowbCat highlights video. :smug:

Dexter

Arcane
Can they release the game already, please? I can't stand all this autism about Apple picking simulators and Boar hunting simulators anymore. I want to at least see some substantiated criticism based on gameplay, skill system, weapon handling, survival mechanics, lore/history, story, characters etc. instead.

That someone conceived they're going to need a boar hunting license and go on hunts with multiple NPCs over several hours and wanted to post some Animu video as argumentation and how he "knows more about hunting than them" just blows my mind.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
wait hold on this actually releases really fucking soon, why did I think it would release on February 20 or something

shit I'm hype for this

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shitposting on a site dedicated to a genre I don't care about is so much cooler than meaningful discussion. Fuck the genre and maturity level of the site!
... and that's all anyone needs to know about your own maturity level. :)

Ok, so the hunting mechanics are unfinished. How is this anything near a big deal? Hunting is not required for survival, you can easily find food in other ways.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
... and that's all anyone needs to know about your own maturity level. :)

Ok, so the hunting mechanics are unfinished. How is this anything near a big deal? Hunting is not required for survival, you can easily find food in other ways.

Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd really love to watch you play this game with its fluid animations because that means combat will be good. Maybe we can play some pokeman together too? Or My Little Ponies. I'm really up for anything. Any of the popular and well liked games of this site like those I mentioned really.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Day-one patch announcement now officially released.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332329719187/

Martin Klima said:
Hello Everyone,

Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our games is finally set to be released next week. This is admittedly later than what we had promised to our backers and later than we had originally envisaged. I don’t want to bore our backers with excuses and platitudes – taking time to deliver the awesome experience that YOU deserve – the simple truth is that the task was really big and our team still quite small and we also made mistakes along the way.

However, we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted and we believed you wanted. And one mistake we flatter ourselves on not doing is succumbing to complacency. That means being constantly dissatisfied with the state of the game – not necessarily because it is bad, but because it could be better.

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish.

The drawback, of course, is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after the four-year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

Sincerely,

Martin Klima

Executive Producer

Warhorse Studios

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Day-one patch announcement now officially released.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332329719187/

Martin Klima said:
Hello Everyone,

Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our games is finally set to be released next week. This is admittedly later than what we had promised to our backers and later than we had originally envisaged. I don’t want to bore our backers with excuses and platitudes – taking time to deliver the awesome experience that YOU deserve – the simple truth is that the task was really big and our team still quite small and we also made mistakes along the way.

However, we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted and we believed you wanted. And one mistake we flatter ourselves on not doing is succumbing to complacency. That means being constantly dissatisfied with the state of the game – not necessarily because it is bad, but because it could be better.

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish.

The drawback, of course, is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after the four-year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

Sincerely,

Martin Klima

Executive Producer

Warhorse Studios

Fair play to them for acknowledging that the console footage people have been looking at isn't perfect. As cvv said, they specifically mention the animations being improved so they clearly recognise the issue and we'll see when it's released whether they could improve it.

Really do hope this game does well for Warhorse, they seem like the kind of devs who deserve success and I can't imagine how stressful it must be to spend so much of your life dedicated to a project and be this close to finding out whether or not it's going to fly or crash and burn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom