Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, ffs, the game has nothing political in it.
...If anything it shows how retarded we whiteys were in the medieval ages. Literally 20 minutes in the game you throw shit with your hands and 10 minutes later 3 guys are raping a girl while an army massacres a village.
Just because people say "God be with you" it doesn't mean that they are not degenerate filth

Elex

Arbiter
we need a repubblic era Rome HIRPG so people can complain about only white slaves and only white roman citizen.
The overall impact of slavery on the Italian genetics was insignificant though, because the slaves imported in Italy were native Europeans, and very few if any of them had extra European origin. This has been further confirmed by recent biochemical analysis of 166 skeletons from three non-elite imperial-era cemeteries in the vicinity of Rome (where the bulk of the slaves lived), which shows that only one individual definitely came from outside of Europe (North Africa), and another two possibly did, but results are inconclusive. In the rest of the Italian peninsula, the fraction of non European slaves was definitively much lower than that.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
we need a repubblic era Rome HIRPG so people can complain about slaves and only white roman citizen.

Actually a slave could become a Roman citizen if he played his cards right. Wasn't so common, but it could happen (at least in the late Roman Republic and definitely during the Roman Empire, I think).
What he could get "relatively" easy was his freedom as a libertus, even though that was still a step below a full citizen (mostly regarding political office). Their kids or grandkids would be full citizens, though.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
As for the armor, yes I have one of the best armor in the game because I killed a Cuman very early into the game and it seems that nothing can budge it
That's kind of my point though. You lucked out and got a suit of power armor from Navarro. You're using that and an AI exploit in an early version of the game.

As for the head/face being a killshot, I have no idea how you do it. I fire 10 shots in a row and can't hit a stationary rabbit in the early game.

Come on dude, does this look hard to you?

You can do this all day, 10 enemies, 1000 enemies, it doesn't make a difference.

There goes your most realistic medieval combat evar. EURO JANK is so strong in this one. Real time combat system will always be cringey shit.

(except DS because it's made by godblessed beauthiful genius Hidetaka Miyazaki)

That's not even Euro Jank, it's pure common trash, Euro Jank should give you some headaches but still be a challenge along the road as buggy as it may be, but this game gives you nothing besides trowing deadwood AI at you that act like target practice rather than enemies. It's sad that people give this pile of manure a pass especially being a 50$ title, yet they dare to bash other games on the basis that they are not real arpeges.

I tried to clear the camp with how I've been playing so far (naked+sword) and couldn't really, you get zerged. The Cuman commander took 10+ min of me doing no damage to him, had to reload and stealth kill him.

If people are worried about piercing arrows+AI breaking the game just don't use them.

dragonul09 would you mind clearing the camp with a melee weapon?

Well what do you know, I did that too by dragging one enemy at a time, but it took like 1 hour to clear the whole fortress instead of 5 minutes. Just do some fancy feet movements, the AI will reset and only the ones closest to you will follow and then you can happily bash them in the face. But why would I play melee, it's a terrible combat system with little to no feedback. It's baffling that an archaic game like Mount&Blade has a better feel to it's melee combat than a game in 2018, trully pathetic.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I heard it messes with your savegames down the line tho. Use at your own risk. I'm just using beds and hoping someone will make a cheat engine for unlimited saves.

Not that I hate the concept, mind you. The implementation is just bad. You need a shit ton of auto saves in a game like this if there are no saves. Why every quest and quest point within those quests doesn't autosave is beyond me. Nothing like having to repeat the same boring sidequests 10 times and walking every time to ruin my day.
:rage:

Saw any comments on how it messes up the saves?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This game's performance is weird. After fiddling a bit, i get 20-30 FPS on medium, at least on the starting area, not sure if it get lower in other parts. So just for shits and giggles i tried ultra, thinking the game wouldn't even move, and instead i get around 15-18 FPS. Both Witcher 3 and Doom 4 go below 10 on ultra. Kinda of odd. Wonder if i would get away with just getting another 660. I'm holding for the new nvidia cards but i may get another 660 for as low as 50 euros and there's really no other AAA game i care about. If i can play this thing on high or very high at a decent frame rate i might settle. I think two 660 in SLI are around the level of 970.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have 8GB RAM, i-5-4460 @ 3,20Ghz and Geforce GTX 650 Ti and I get around 20 FPS even at low settings (in fact it doesn't seem to matter much if I play on low or on high settings, it hovers at around 15-25 FPS).

Anyone with a comparable setup can comment? As it is it's unplayable.

Deleted member 7219

I have 8GB RAM, i-5-4460 @ 3,20Ghz and Geforce GTX 650 Ti and I get around 20 FPS even at low settings (in fact it doesn't seem to matter much if I play on low or on high settings, it hovers at around 15-25 FPS).

Your graphics card is letting you down there.

I have a worse processor, but a better graphics card (960), and I get pretty much stable 30 FPS (often 40 FPS) on medium settings.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
This game's performance is weird. After fiddling a bit, i get 20-30 FPS on medium, at least on the starting area, not sure if it get lower in other parts. So just for shits and giggles i tried ultra, thinking the game wouldn't even move, and instead i get around 15-18 FPS. Both Witcher 3 and Doom 4 go below 10 on ultra. Kinda of odd. Wonder if i would get away with just getting another 660. I'm holding for the new nvidia cards but i may get another 660 for as low as 50 euros and there's really no other AAA game i care about. If i can play this thing on high or very high at a decent frame rate i might settle. I think two 660 in SLI are around the level of 970.

Just a buy a 970 and never look back, I had SLI and it's the most cancerous thing I've ever had in my PC, so many games that had weird stuttering issues, weird flickering, having to wait weeks and even months for Devs or NVIDIA to fix the issues, it's just not worth it. Also the game seem to not like sli from I've read and in some instances it makes the game run even worse, that's sli for you.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Just a buy a 970 and never look back, I had SLI and it's the most cancerous thing I've ever had in my PC, so many games that had weird stuttering issues, weird flickering, having to wait weeks and even months for Devs or NVIDIA to fix the issues, it's just not worth it. Also the game seem to not like sli from I've read and some instances it makes the game run even worse, that's sli for you.

Ye no, a used 970 is at 250 euro right now, and that's as low as i ever saw it (was at 350 last time i checked).

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I have a worse processor, but a better graphics card (960), and I get pretty much stable 30 FPS (often 40 FPS) on medium settings.

Thanks - would something like ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti STRIX 4GB GAMING OC work? I can get one at a decent price; although I'm wondering whether it wouldn't too much of an overkill for my current setup.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Before I bought new gfx card, I had i5-2500k @ 4.4ghz, 16 gb ram and 560ti, and I could run KCD on medium at about 25-32 fps.

Parabalus

Arcane

Thanks - would something like ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti STRIX 4GB GAMING OC work? I can get one at a decent price; although I'm wondering whether it wouldn't too much of an overkill for my current setup.

I'm playing with a 1050Ti on high, 80+fps no spikes, but with a Ryzen 1600.

The 1050 Ti is weak sauce.

They suck for mining so they escaped the price inflation, at least when I was buying 6 months ago.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Cheers. Which card, other than 1050Ti would you recommend then (in a similar price bracket)?

There's a EVGA Geforce GTX 970 4GB that's even cheaper.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I'm playing with a 1050Ti on high, 80+fps no spikes, but with a Ryzen 1600.

The 1050 Ti is weak sauce.

They suck for mining so they escaped the price inflation, at least when I was buying 6 months ago.

How the fuck are you getting 80+ fps on a 1050ti with high presets ?

On this video the dude barely gets over 50's and not even my 1070 and i7 6700k goes over 80+ with high presets.

This dude has Core i7-8700K , so how are you getting so many fps?

Shadenuat

Arcane
There goes your most realistic medieval combat evar. EURO JANK is so strong in this one. Real time combat system will always be cringey shit.

(except DS because it's made by godblessed beauthiful genius Hidetaka Miyazaki)
Except that every DS game could be beaten by ranged weapons and magic without ever touching melee weapons literally cheating through every boss. The very best and most difficult bosses in DS history, like DS3 DLC bosses, have absolutely, totally, completely incapable AI when it comes to dealing with ranged combat. You can basically shoot Nameless King with magic missiles to death while he is slowly walking towards you. Cause Miyazaki genius. Yet these fights are concidered to be "masterpiece".

Same with killing 1st cuman - fighting unlocked while also exploiting movement keys and other junk in a way, say, people exploited medium style in Jedi Knight Outcast by twitching mouse like crazy which looked completely retarded but went past fighting system and did 200 damage per hit. I found 1 exploit = I mastered the system lol.

And people even say "you can't win against multiple enemies in KCD without using this (exploits/ranged weapon)". All while not being able to handle a save system where you get free saves per rest anywhere, and cheap and craftable savescum potions.

Gamers, whatever you played for years did not make you hardcore. Whatever your generation of gamers is, it made you braindead and retarded.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom