Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kevin Saunders has joined Nexon to head a new RPG studio - SHUT DOWN

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sure ksaun has NOTHING at all to say about that. +M

Cynicus

Augur
(For example, we briefly entertained the idea of making a 4X game in the vein of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (i.e., strategy, but with narrative depth and atmosphere) but, for me, that seems too arrogant a goal for a first game with a new team. The priority is to build a strong foundation for long-term success, not achieve a masterpiece with our first title.)

I would rather you were arrogant than sane. :)

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh no, you're right! I've leaked that Nexon plans to deploy <1% of its global workforce to make a game! And ruled out a couple things that game probably won't be. EA, Bethesda, and Ubisoft executives are right now scrambling to figure out what this "Betrayal at House on the Hill" thing is so that they can beat us to market.
Don't worry, they only go through tier 1 forums.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Who is this guy? Did he make any good games? Why didn't Tim Cain, who has only made classics and crpg gold, get a thread when he joined Obsidian or the Wildstar company?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Why didn't Tim Cain, who has only made classics and crpg gold, get a thread when he joined Obsidian or the Wildstar company?
He got a thread, man.

I looked this guy up. I don't think this guy is worthy of a thread. Only people that have worked on good crpgs should get threads. Tim Cain should get a sticky with a custom boarder and neon lights, and only the old Troika, SSI, SirTek, etc, should get threads. I would say makers of new classics like WL2, Underrail, DOS, AoD, etc, should get threads but the WL2 devs only have that game as an example - if Torment and BT 4 are good then maybe. And the DOS people just want to be console develoeprs currently slumming it on the PC so fuck them. Certainly VD and the Underrail guy deserve threads.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have entered 20 threads today and I saw you complain in 10 of those. If you don't like something or don't give a fuck about it, why even bother with it?

(This is the codex, etc, etc responses incoming.)

Roqua

Prospernaut
I have entered 20 threads today and I saw you complain in 10 of those. If you don't like something or don't give a fuck about it, why even bother with it?

I have this impulse that makes me have to tell everyone that the game looks uninspired and has shit animations just like every other member of the codex. And this is the only thread where I seriously complained I think.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I have this impulse that makes me have to tell everyone that the game looks uninspired and has shit animations just like every other member of the codex. And this is the only thread where I seriously complained I think.
Yet you open up a gorillion threads about RPG Maker games.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Yet you open up a gorillion threads about RPG Maker games.

From how I understand it - all games are uninspired and have shit animations. Especially games that are about combat, which includes almost all crpgs, jrpgs, arpgs, action games with rpg elements, etc.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
From how I understand it - all games are uninspired and have shit animations. Especially games that are about combat, which includes almost all crpgs, jrpgs, arpgs, action games with rpg elements, etc.
Indeed. The old Codexian adage "everything is shit". How quaint.

Unrelated to this discussion, I just want to say how much I liked Shattered Galaxy. Me and my school friends were really into StarCraft back in the day and discovering Shattered Galaxy was like hevan to us. Loved the persistent world domination in it. Really made being part of a faction count for something. More online games should do that kind of stuff. The only other game I know of that had a similar system was Verdict Day, but it's a different genre.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You are ofcourse free to say and think what you want. I, too sometimes complain about stuff that don't interest me but it seems you do it more often than most posters. I was just curious about why you waste your energy on stuff you dislike so much. I guess that it's none of my business.

Roqua

Prospernaut

You are ofcourse free to say and think what you want. I, too sometimes complain about stuff that don't interest me but it seems you do it more often than most posters. I was just curious about why you waste your energy on stuff you dislike so much. I guess that it's none of my business.

Because I need to share my opinion in every thread that the game looks uninspired and has shit animations, that's why.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Don't mind him, he got angry because he made a topic about a shit arpg and when we came and told him that game looks shit he got all butthurt. This is the result now.

I made a couple of topics about games, people came in and said they look shit and I didn't get all butt hurt about it.

Roqua

Prospernaut

Don't mind him, he got angry because he made a topic about a shit arpg and when we came and told him that game looks shit he got all butthurt. This is the result now.

I made a couple of topics about games, people came in and said they look shit and I didn't get all butt hurt about it.

If people made sense and were consistent I wouldn't mind. It was an arpg, and they literally all suck besides Lionheart with a couple being playable besides sucking. I do not know what an uninspired game looks like because that game looks a lot better than a ton of games that are great and instant classics. Also, how many games are loved that have zero animations or far worse animations? When did this shit have anything to do with how good a game is?

I'm not butthurt - I'm confused. I'm a lot of things but inconsistent and a hypocrite I ain't (with a few exceptions I usually point out myself). I only understand sensible things that make sense and add up. What people are saying are just meaningless words strung together, as I am trying to show.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Looked at in a vacuum it's not bad looking, but if you consider similar games, it apes the overall design aesthetics and colour scheme of Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 and the screens just look ridiculous xeroxed

also there's a certain part of the codex hivemind that hates all kinds of diablo-type arpgs and just likes to shit on them whenever possible, so if an easy target comes along, :deadhorse:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like Adam Heine may have joined this project: http://www.adamheine.com/2017/03/current-status.html

2) I have a new game design gig. I am not (currently) working for inXile and instead am doing narrative design for Nexon. I do very much hope I get to work with the fine folks at inXile again in the future, but I'm also pretty excited about what we're doing at Nexon. Such is the life of a freelancer.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Alas:

If anyone has any job leads, passing them along would be a good deed to these good people, and also a good thing for the RPG industry. I realize that TTON has more than a few detractors, but it takes a long time to develop the skillset to make the kind of RPGs the Codex likes, so everyone wins when these talented veterans land on their feet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom