Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JRPG version of Planescape: Torment.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fat Dragon said:
I never got the opportunity to play Torment, unfortunately. Is its plot really that good? You make it sound as if its story is the best thing since Jesus, which only makes me want the game even more.

It is. It totally is. Play it. The story is great enough to make you think several times, and it is absolutely amazing. I convinced a friend to play it, and he is also amazed by the story, depth, and generally well written dialouges. you miss something if you don't play it.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Fat Dragon said:
I never got the opportunity to play Torment, unfortunately. Is its plot really that good? You make it sound as if its story is the best thing since Jesus, which only makes me want the game even more.

It is. It totally is. Play it. The story is great enough to make you think several times, and it is absolutely amazing. I convinced a friend to play it, and he is also amazed by the story, depth, and generally well written dialouges. you miss something if you don't play it.

If I could afford a copy, I'd get it ASAP. Unfortunately, here in America gas prices are so goddamn high it's damn near impossible for the lower class citizens to have enough money to buy things for entertainment.

Lumpy

Arcane
@Fat Dragon - IMO the plot isn't that good, but MO isn't shared by most Codexers. Besides, the writing is great.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fat Dragon said:
JarlFrank said:
Fat Dragon said:

If I could afford a copy, I'd get it ASAP. Unfortunately, here in America gas prices are so goddamn high it's damn near impossible for the lower class citizens to have enough money to buy things for entertainment.

Well, Black Isle is dead, so you could as well Sail the Seven Seas to get it, if you know what I mean.

Astromarine

Erudite
a decent JRPG I've played (though not finished) was Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. The story was interesting, and VERY strange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom