Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

jrpg fans don't understand why everyone hates them

CrimsonAngel said:
I like jrpg's, Anime, Manga and so on.
The Problem is the fucking wappanese that are a majority the fanbase.

You don't get it, do you. If you like anime you ARE a wapanese faggot.

There was a show over here that did an episode intervieiwng Japanese anime fans who identify themselves as being in romantic relationships with fictional manga/anime characters. They say they have no interest in real-life people anymore, because they can't meet the standards of fictional (they never use the term 'fictional' - it's always '2-dimensional') characters. One girl was defending it by saying 'why should I be interested in meeting other people, I HAVE found someone, he's wonderful and I love him' (referring to a fictional character),

Isn't much different from people <s>falling in love with</s> obssessing over celebrities, since they're as real as fictional characters for the average guy/girl (as in, they exist, but you won't ever touch them). So I guess they'd need help if, deep down, they are unhappy. If they are genuinely happy, I guess it's okay...

I know you shouldn't judge an industry by its most messed up consumers, but there does seem to be something about it which invites that stuff. The most bizarre thing is that it didn't seem to occur to any of the people interviewed that hey, they've founded ths club that's got a whole bunch of equally lonely people with the same weird fetish - why not actually use it to overcome their relationship problems and hook up with people like them - hell, go have weird anime-fetish sex. Instead, they were utterly convinced of the normality and healthiness of their lives. To me, that indicates that there's something about the subculture itself that says that overbearing obsession is ok.

fursuits.jpg

Well, they would be happier, I guess

Mogar

Scholar
Emotional Vampire said:

0/10. You gotta be less obvious if your trolling someone. Really, Volourn's elephantine attempts are better.

Mogar

Scholar
Emotional Vampire said:
Your 100th post, and a total failure.

You'd think it's a sign

Relax, bro, I was just offering you some constructive criticism. You were doing fine up until that post.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Emotional Vampire said:
CrimsonAngel said:
I like jrpg's, Anime, Manga and so on.
The Problem is the fucking wappanese that are a majority the fanbase.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Mogar said:
Emotional Vampire said:

0/10. You gotta be less obvious if your trolling someone. Really, Volourn's elephantine attempts are better.

Yeah, uh, what Emotional Vampire said is basically true, so fuck you.

Rhyme not intentional

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Azrael the cat said:
They don't care what the gaming press calls 'next-gen', and I think that is part of what infuriates so many gaming journalists and western players. How dare they make Turn-based games when game journalists and marketing hype has already declared that TB games are obsolete!

Speaking of Final Fantashitty and Square...Well, as early as FF7 it was either real-time, sorta (can't really remember exactly how it worked), or real-time with pause. You could choose.

With FF 10(2) they abandoned their supposed principle about every game being one story about one world, or however that bullshit went (I'm sure they had it stapled on a wall or something).

With FF 11 they abandoned an entire traditional game for an MMORPG.

With FF 12 they seemed to mimic MMORPG style play, no swirling new screens for combat, etc. It had a storyline as thin as a wafer.

-All in all if the japs do anything its chase after 'innovation' and trends, within their 'rpg' industry its change within a very narrow template at times (particularly the mainstream stuff) but there are no real 'tried and true' principles. The new FF line is three games, a 'traditional' style one I guess, some shit for cell-phones, and a 'fighting' game. Apparently combat was 'inspired' by the idiotic CGI movie that was a sequel to Final Fantasy 7, of all things.

The japs sometimes make really unique games, if you consider smaller developers, etc., - as far as not being next-gen? The whole damn nation is essentially taking American everything from 10 - 30 years ago and exaggerating it a hundredfold. Not exactly 'next-gen', but always trend and pop-culture oriented.

Mogar

Scholar
WholesaleGenocide said:

Rhyme not intentional

I guess that makes me a self hating weaboo, then. Do you want me to start extolling the superiority of Japanese culture over pig disgusting U.S. now, or later? Anyways, I don't see this argument going anywhere so lets get back to something we can all agree on, bashing jRPGs.

And even if it wasn't intentional, nice rhyme.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
WholesaleGenocide said:
Mogar said:
Emotional Vampire said:

Rhyme not intentional

Your from a 3rd world country your opinion dose not matter.

Freelance Henchman said:
Clockwork Knight said:

Hell is other people in fursuits.

You know what the scary thing is? Most of those suits are probably hired. Traditionally, costume hire places would have an 'animal' section, mostly for children's parties and the occasional piece of children's theatre. Until about the mid-1990s that stuff was probably a slow but steady stream of honest income for the costume hire venue. Then, sometime around 10 years ago, they would have started to notice a slight increase in their hiring out of that stuff. Slowly after they'd have started getting complaints from their previous customers about the 'stains' inside the suit.

Can you imagine their fucking thought process when it finally dawned on them what these new hiring customers were using the things for?

Zeus said:
Emotional Vampire said:

You know, the amusing homophobia coming from someone with the name 'Emotional Vampire' just sums up everything that is hilarious about emo.

Goth culture always recognised that there is a certain gayness about it, to the point of being openly proud about being a friendly culture for bi/gay folk. Calling everyone you don't like 'faggot', when you're LARPing a character that Anne Rice would have rejected for being 'a bit gay' is just hilarious.

Azrael the cat said:
Goth culture always recognised that there is a certain gayness about it, to the point of being openly proud about being a friendly culture for bi/gay folk. Calling everyone you don't like 'faggot', when you're LARPing a character that Anne Rice would have rejected for being 'a bit gay' is just hilarious.

Are you sure you want to go dicking around the nicknames?

azrael.jpg

Self-ownage. Good job, furfag.

Project: Eternity
Azrael the cat said:
Can you imagine their fucking thought process when it finally dawned on them what these new hiring customers were using the things for?

I imagine it's similar to what Morgan Freeman's character in the movie Seven thinks right at the end when he realizes what is in the box.

Mogar

Scholar
Azrael the cat said:
You know, the amusing homophobia coming from someone with the name 'Emotional Vampire' just sums up everything that is hilarious about emo balls.

Goth culture always recognised that there is a testicle certain gayness about it, to the point of being openly proud about being a friendly culture for bi/gay folk. Calling everyone you don't like 'faggot', when you're LARPing a character that Anne Rice would have rejected for being 'a bit gay' is just hilarious.

I don't thinks he's an emo vampire so much as a vampire which feeds on emotions. Which, if you think about it, would explain his previous post.

You know, the amusing homophobia coming from someone with the name 'Emotional Vampire' just sums up everything that is hilarious about emo.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/...u-of-all-your-precious-emotional-strength.htm

Mackerel

Augur
I've only ever heard it as 'psychic vampire' before. Wikipedia has an article on it, although it's entitled Energy vampire
"The term "psychic vampire" first gained attention in the 1960s with the publication of Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible. LaVey, who stated he had coined the term[3], used it to mean a spiritually or emotionally weak person who drains vital energy from other people, or a paranormal entity within such a person, allowing the psychic draining of energy from other people. Adam Parfrey likewise attributed the term to LaVey in an introduction to The Devil's Notebook."
So it does has emo roots as LeVay was undoubtedly a proto-emo.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I always thought I made up the word Emotional Vampire. Fuck.

Well, I stole it from you. I didn't even know it's a real term till I googled it a week ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom