Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jettatura - a first-person oldschool DRPG

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Okay.

2nd question then: if I choose to play with a 4-man party, and I want 1 person in front, and 3 in the back, how do I configurate that? Once again... I can't seem to find that in the manual.

I would guess you cant at least when considering how party order is formed. If you are determined then killing 2 characters and every time you enter into a dungeon insert those guys into front row might work

I wonder does any attribute affect chance of inspecting trap correctly my thief has so far fucked up 3 times in a row last 1 resulted into death of my mage

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
WIP of the first level

FfQxKZeX0AAAnc1.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
inspecting trap can trigger trap does that happen in older wizardry games?
yes, but not too often

From Wizardry 1 manual -
INSPECT: You can take a look at the chest in an attempt to identify any traps. There is a small chance that you might set off the trap while you inspect it. Although anyone can inspect a chest, Thieves are the only people who can inspect with any degree of accuracy.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
did some cheese testing:

you can reset level up attributes / hp by closing game gives different results
you can load save before entering into dungeon by closing game if trap or encounter fucks up your party

not going to abuse these except first level up for my mage/cleric so I can get 2 wizards after getting 2 needed attributes

edit seems like there is new update

Last edited:

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Okay.

2nd question then: if I choose to play with a 4-man party, and I want 1 person in front, and 3 in the back, how do I configurate that? Once again... I can't seem to find that in the manual.
The formation is strictly classic blobber rules: the first 3 members of the party are in the front row, the last 3 members in the back (monster groups sort of do this too, but with the first 2 groups being front-row and remaining are behind those two). Now that you mention it I seem to remember Tales of the Forsaken Land pulled off a very malleable formation system, but it just didn't occur to me to experiment with that during development.

Any plans to release this on GOG?
I will pursue this in the future. Right now I'm laser-focused on fixing some bugs I missed, and don't want to multitask distribution stuff with development stuff at the same time.

Is it still hard to get these kinds of games on GOG? I recall they were being very stubborn for a long time about selling Grimoire.

inspecting trap can trigger trap does that happen in older wizardry games?
There are mechanical traps, and magical traps; thieves and magic users are less likely to trip traps they're respectively knowledgable with.

edit seems like there is new update
Version v1.0.5 adds a non-gameplay change that should make it easier to narrow down the causes of certain crashes.

If anyone experiences a crash, please e-mail any error logs found in %APPDATA%\Jettatura\error-logs to: contact@jettatura.com

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Is it still hard to get these kinds of games on GOG? I recall they were being very stubborn for a long time about selling Grimoire.
If you're virtually unknown, I think you won't have much luck especially not with a Wizardry-like game, they lost the people there who cared about them.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
if I remb correctly it took like 2 years to get even well known game Grimoire to gog

would be nice if you could destroy/drop items and use spells in town but its not a big deal

new meta

WGWVhIi.png

somerandomdude

Learned
Any plans to release this on GOG?
I will pursue this in the future. Right now I'm laser-focused on fixing some bugs I missed, and don't want to multitask distribution stuff with development stuff at the same time.

They release plenty of other indie titles on there, but I honestly got no clue what their minimum criteria is for putting games up. It's worth a shot to at least try because me and probably a few others here would buy the game on GOG for sure.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
whip + chain whip are not reach weapons :argh: It is annoying to buy weapons and go test if they are reach weapon or not

there is quite huge difficulty spike in second floor my first encounter was 14 enemies lvl 3-4 (my party is lvl 2 so I had to run). guess it is time to grind level or two

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
thanks for the map, seems like I missed some stuff

acfl68T.png

This Gridmonger is very good even when Im still retarded with commands and stuff. Kinda fucked up my map when I was thinking that maps are 22x22 and not 20x20

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Kinda fucked up my map when I was thinking that maps are 22x22 and not 20x20
I actually started on paper where it sprawled in all directions, very unusual for a Wizardry-like to start with dungeons that wrap around from the get-go, usually, they are more restrained and introduce that concept later. Still, I like what I played so far

7h30n

Augur
Kinda fucked up my map when I was thinking that maps are 22x22 and not 20x20
I actually started on paper where it sprawled in all directions, very unusual for a Wizardry-like to start with dungeons that wrap around from the get-go, usually, they are more restrained and introduce that concept later. Still, I like what I played so far

Wizardry 1 did introduce it on the first level, but in one hallway (that wraps eventually) they gave you a hint about this behaviour (though I didn't pick up on it until I used DUMAPIC).

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
First party wipe at third area (lvl 7-8 group) missclicked myself into bottomless pit while drawing map :negative:

Oh well it is quite annoying that I was carrying all my gold should probably keep money mule at town

680x0

Learned
Sales are low and the Steamlets are whining about not having portraits and automaps.

I bought Grid Cartographer just for this game :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom