Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jettatura - a first-person oldschool DRPG

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
map for lvl 3

wug03az.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Easy to map except northwest corner with spinners and teleports
QFjI3R2.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
lhsKOhu.png

GpnYGy6.png

good game but too easy middle/end game. I thought final boss was an random enemy since my melee one shotted it with bad weapon. Only couple enemies I felt were dangerous (robots that instakill with crit) and ghouls were annoying early with their paralysis
very good map design and puzzles were quite easy / logical
I found Muramasa for my samurai but it was alignment locked :argh:
8.5/10

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
lhsKOhu.png

GpnYGy6.png

good game but too easy middle/end game. I thought final boss was an random enemy since my melee one shotted it with bad weapon. Only couple enemies I felt were dangerous (robots that instakill with crit) and ghouls were annoying early with their paralysis
very good map design and puzzles were quite easy / logical
I found Muramasa for my samurai but it was alignment locked :argh:
8.5/10
uff, only 6 levels in total? that's short

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Little bit over 20 hours so it is not too bad would have not minded few more levels. In hindsight because of game's length it makes hybrid caster classes worse my 2 wizards only got tier 6 spells. Samurai think I did not cast single spell and Highlander only utility spells while not in combat. Lord healing spells were useful off combat.

I would guess powergaming party would be something like
fighter/lord fighter fighter
ninja/thief mage wizard

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Little bit over 20 hours so it is not too bad

You're right, it's not that bad actually given this is a one-man game. And what I played so far is really fun and addictive, so I can't really complain.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's good shit, man.

Had me in windowed mode stroking one out over spreadsheet mapping. I am playing slow and mapping it all and leveling good and bad parties, again, it's pretty fucking good.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Just started. I wouldn't normally post so soon after starting but something very upsetting happened...

The Everlantern Temple isn't available to me, is that a bug? Apropos, one of my characters died and I don't have any way to revive her. She was my Priest.

The way secret doors are revealed is incredibly confusing at first. They just appear (I assume when one of your characters passes a PER check). The only reason I figured it out at all (and I'm not going to bother worrying about it after this, it's too annoying to keep track of) is because a door got revealed, I penciled it into my map, then I went one square and the door disappeared. I honestly thought it was a bug at first :-D. Eventually I came back and, on a lark, decided to Examine the (now blank) wall and it told me, "you see the faint outlines of a door", or something like that. Further exacerbated by the fact at least two secret doors I've found led to 1-tile rooms with absolutely nothing in them. I may be wrong but I don't recall that level of trolling in the earlier Wizardries I played.

Exited the game to avoid throwing my entire computer out the window in a fit of nuclear rage. Yep, it's a Wizardry-like alright.

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Just started. I wouldn't normally post so soon after starting but something very upsetting happened...

The Everlantern Temple isn't available to me, is that a bug? Apropos, one of my characters died and I don't have any way to revive her. She was my Priest.

Is the dead adventurer in the party? A dead/stoned person has to be in the active party in order to be able to enter the Temple. The game automatically plops any dead adventurers from the party back into the Guild when you return to the City.

(this can be one of those things I change to be less un-intuitive for the UI overhaul I've been working on... in hindsight I see no reason not to let you just resurrect anyone at all from the Temple screen, party member or not)

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, I beat it. I did a lot of running on the last floor (Gorgons and Deep Stalkers suck ass), but overall not too bad. Jermu said everything that needs to be said about it. I guess I'd just add that it'd be nice to assay items as well as ID them. Maybe in the sequel?

Some funny shit:

i1mvqi.PNG

What am I, Wile E Coyote?!

Reinhardt
b6mjff.PNG

Deus Vult!

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Finished it. Fun dungeon crawler with nice looking enemies and good map design.

Didn't enjoy the constant item trading/identifying, and the cursed items ratio was autistically high.

Cursed items add some character to the game but in this quantity it adds unnecessary autism.

The solution is either a combination of mouse/keyboard to make things comfortable, or just reduce the ratio of cursed item dropping and increase the price to uncurse.
Anyway, it's a good recommendation.

I was very rusty considering the map autism.
This Mipui tool is nice with a plethora of icons and symbols.

This is what happens when you're high
Level-1.png

This is what happens when you're not high
Level-3.png

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is what happens when you're high
the first level of the crypts pissed me off because i kept getting turned around, i was using libreoffice calc for my mapping

jetmap3.png

this thread reminds me i need to start all this over again and actually finish the game

i've bought grid cartographer since i played this last so it should map a little quicker

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom