Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance: Drug Flashback

The_scorpion

Liturgist
Establishment of Modding Advisory Team

In addition we are announcing having established a modding advisory and co-design team.
Currently this team includes R@S, creator of the Blue Sun Mod for 7.62 - High Calibre and DepressivesBrot from the 1.13-Crew.
We are also in contact with additional high profile modders to expand the advisory team even more.

The Full Control JAF Team

:hmmm:

R@S

Scholar
Establishment of Modding Advisory Team

In addition we are announcing having established a modding advisory and co-design team.
Currently this team includes R@S, creator of the Blue Sun Mod for 7.62 - High Calibre and DepressivesBrot from the 1.13-Crew.
We are also in contact with additional high profile modders to expand the advisory team even more.

The Full Control JAF Team

:hmmm:
:smug:

spectre

Arcane
So, this time it's the delopers themselves who say, don't worry moders will fix us :)

This looks like a move in the right direction. And may I be the first one to ask... was it that hard?
Though I'm still waiting for them to stop running 'round like headless chickens.
We don't really have a development plan still!
See what I mean?

Severian Silk

I would prefer a new campaign and maybe a few tweaks for JA2 than an entire new engine with potentially fewer features than the original. I seriously doubt they can create a new engine as awesome or greater than the JA2 engine from 1999 for that little money (or, regardless of how much money they have).

I would still be playing JA2 right now except I'm sick of playing the same campaign over and over again.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm not pledging for this, it's simply too risky. I'm not against gambling some money on kickstarter, but in this case the chance of getting a good game is considerably less than 50%.
Main risk factors:
  • The team does not seem to fully understand what makes a good JA game. This has been alleviated somewhat in the updates, but that they didn't make it clear at first is still worrying.
  • The team may not be competent to implement a JA game, especially not with a tight budget.
  • Even if everything else goes well, the 350K target budget seems way too low to fully realize the game. Jagged Alliance is more than just a good TB combat system, it's also about the campaign. The small budget doesn't seem like it will let them give the game anything like the depth that made JA2 so fun to play.
Conclusion:
:keepmymoney:
I'll buy it on release if it's decent though, so I hope the rest of you keep pledging.

-Spectacle

Absalom

I'm not pledging for this, it's simply too risky. I'm not against gambling some money on kickstarter, but in this case the chance of getting a good game is considerably less than 50%.
Main risk factors:
  • The team does not seem to fully understand what makes a good JA game. This has been alleviated somewhat in the updates, but that they didn't make it clear at first is still worrying.
  • The team may not be competent to implement a JA game, especially not with a tight budget.
  • Even if everything else goes well, the 350K target budget seems way too low to fully realize the game. Jagged Alliance is more than just a good TB combat system, it's also about the campaign. The small budget doesn't seem like it will let them give the game anything like the depth that made JA2 so fun to play.
Conclusion:
:keepmymoney:
I'll buy it on release if it's decent though, so I hope the rest of you keep pledging.

-Spectacle

Like a lot of what made JA2 was the setting and characters; especially with all the effort they put into voice acting, world building, etc. The great TB combat made the game decent, the rest made it memorable. I doubt we're gonna see something like that from them. Still, I'll prolly kick 20-30$ to them on the off chance. Also, I wouldn't mind a good Space Hulk game either lol.

Lorica

Educated
I think you're wrong. I fell in love with JA2 first while playing with the sound off and trying to lone wolf it with my IMP. They did a great job with respect to setting and things, but the reason people have been able to play it continuously for ten years doesn't lie with the one liners that we all memorized within six months of picking the game up and the lulzy pseudo setting. It's memorable because it's one of a very small handful of truly first class game systems on the computer.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
But how many people played Unfinished Business more than once or twice? That's more like what we can expect for a 350K budget.

-Spectacle

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Hard to know what to make of this.
That video of their previous tb game seems to indicate that their "heart" and tastes are in the right place. One the other hand, one has to doubt their skills after having seen it. There's a lot to dislike there, from the crappy animation to the 3d "black space".
Who know what to expect from it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
WetWorks said:
That video of their previous tb game seems to indicate that their "heart" and tastes are in the right place.

Why? Because it's TB? Because it looked like a primitive shit.

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, because of tb. At this stage in the JA history one finds it hard no to be a little optimistic when someone wants a tb JA. On the other hand you are correct, it does look like stacked shit.

Branm

Learned
Meh at this rate they wont get funded anyway:P

Had high hopes but the first two weeks of campaign were run like a bunch of amateurs, pitch at start was terrible. Getting better but hmm hoping its not a little too late. Really dunno if anything can save this, was expecting mre of a boost with the old Sir-Tech people

Branm

Learned
Andrew Emmons 26 minutes ago

Very cool! As lead programmer for JA2, count me in for beta testing!!

Andrew Emmons 16 minutes ago

Yes, saw a tweet from Brenda and pledged right away. Amazing you have Chris on the project, he is a rock star! Really helped to capture that turn based strategic gameplay that has been hard to reproduce since...

lol small world

Branm

Learned
196.jpg

Branm

Learned
Well Obsidian just gave them a shout out, campaign seems to slowly be coming together. Shame that they got their shit into gear so late or it could of gone much higher.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Most campaigns that get this far get funded, so my bet is that they'll scrape past 350K in the last hours.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sorry but compared to Jagged Alliiance this diorama looks like shit, smells like shit, and feels like shit :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom